Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,273 members, 7,836,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island (32814 Views)

4 Storey Building Collapsed, Many Trapped Inside, In Anambra (graphic Pics) / A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead / LASBCA Seals The Biggest Building In Bariga (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by Carmit(m): 11:08am On May 11, 2020
WTF!
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by TheSourcerer: 11:08am On May 11, 2020
ChiefAfonja:
Nice
wtf did you just say?
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by oyewale0001(m): 11:08am On May 11, 2020
it is well
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by Onebyonedead: 11:09am On May 11, 2020
U wonder why no one wants to come and invest
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by KingMicky3286: 11:09am On May 11, 2020
Nigerian government should consider using bricks to face off block. Bricks are stronger than blocks. Living in abroad opened my eyes to many things.

1 Like

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by Brunicekid(m): 11:09am On May 11, 2020
Sheuns:
The kain houses built on the Lagos island ehn. A 30-40 year old bungalow will be re developed into a 3 storey building within 3-6 months.

There is no proper spacing between the houses there sef, everywhere choke. Just walk around some of the streets on Lagos island at night, you’ll see almost everyone outside receiving fresh air especially when there’s no light.

To even carry furniture enter your apartment na through balcony grin using ropes and ladders. Doors are too narrow to allow chairs in. Everyday new construction dey go on.

Omo Lagos Island na different world entirely.
You are right.
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by TheSourcerer: 11:11am On May 11, 2020
OdefaGirl:
The occupants of this building may be sad and angry that wickedness has been meted out on them..... but folks, it's for your own good, to save you from more heartbreak.
what's Odefa ?

1 Like

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by daneni1(m): 11:11am On May 11, 2020
jericco1:
Look at how the camera 11 pro 24 MP camera is looking foggy.. as for the building it was a good call but I am more concerned about the phone's camera quality.. undecided

Probably the camera is covered with dust which may caused the blurry pics
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by jericco1(m): 11:13am On May 11, 2020
daneni1:

Probably the camera is covered with dust which may caused the blurry pics

I hope so
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:17am On May 11, 2020
Sheuns:
The kain houses built on the Lagos island ehn. A 30-40 year old bungalow will be re developed into a 3 storey building within 3-6 months.

There is no proper spacing amongst the houses there sef, everywhere choke. Just walk around some of the streets on Lagos island at night, you’ll see almost everyone outside receiving fresh air especially when there’s no light.

To even carry furniture enter your apartment na through balcony grin using ropes and ladders. Doors are too narrow to allow chairs in. Everyday new construction dey go on.

Roads sef narrow join. Na one ways plenty pass for there. If you no dey careful or be new driver on the island, you go pay lastma tire.

Bro you summed it up.. angry

I once asked a friend how people managed to live there... undecided
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by OdefaGirl(f): 11:18am On May 11, 2020
TheSourcerer:
what's Odefa ?

It's someone's name..... someone that is close to my heart forever.....
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by CsRockefeller(m): 11:19am On May 11, 2020
Sheuns:

There is no proper spacing amongst the houses there sef, everywhere choke. Just walk around some of the streets on Lagos island at night, you’ll see almost everyone outside receiving fresh air especially when there’s no light.

Roads sef narrow join. Na one ways plenty pass for there. If you no dey careful or be new driver on the island, you go pay lastma tire.

I was there on Friday and kept on wondering how people live there, better for me to go to my village and have rest than such stinking and unhygienic place, but I understand, everyone dey hussle.

1 Like

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by Doyou2019: 11:20am On May 11, 2020
olaboy33:
Why do Lagos house agents collect as high as 100,000 for agreement and commission when they aren't lawyers.

A house of 96000 annually would still require 100000 agreement and commission and some even collect 2 years upfront.

Pure unchecked extortion.

It's the same madness going on in the rest of the country. Why can't Nigerians pay monthly like it is done in other parts of the world? Imagine the world's poverty capital where the masses still have to fork out hundreds of thousands in one fell swoop in the name of annual rents! Cray Cray. No wonder life expectancy rate over here is in the 30s.

Build low-cost houses; na lie. Build schools; mba. Oya, do roads na; lailai. What's the Nigerian government good for abeg?

Shame on government at all levels and the citizens who let these useless leaders get away with murder.

1 Like

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by TheSourcerer: 11:21am On May 11, 2020
OdefaGirl:

It's someone's name..... someone that is close to my heart forever.....
Alrighty was thinking was a place but haha

1 Like

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by One4me: 11:21am On May 11, 2020
olaboy33:
Why do Lagos house agents collect as high as 100,000 for agreement and commission when they aren't lawyers.

A house of 96000 annually would still require 100000 agreement and commission.

Do you know how much it cost to a 'legal rent agreement' and then eject a Tenant (if need be), if you have to go through the Court system or does the Landlord get reimbursed for such legal expenses, when the tenant eventually leaves?

Build your own house first and dont even collect Commission at all, then you will have the right to speak on such things.
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by theoneJabulani(m): 11:23am On May 11, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Nice move
To avoid stories that touch the heart

Damnnnnn
Niggarrr! Just say you sell second hand laptop
Which one be US and UK used laptops?

Dey make all those overrated countries dey feel like say them be king
niggar man, park well
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by One4me: 11:30am On May 11, 2020
Doyou2019:

It's the same madness going on in the rest of the country. Why can't Nigerians pay monthly like it is done in other parts of the world? Imagine the world's poverty capital where the masses still have to fork out hundreds of thousands in one fell swoop just to pay annual rents! Cray Cray. No wonder life expectancy rate over here is in the 30s.

Paying monthly is a good thing for both landlord and tenants, as done in other parts of the world.
But are you aware that in other parts of the world, you cannot owe a landlord 'Rent' and runaway with it, the way most of you Nigerinas do?

Are you aware that in that other parts of the world, once you refuse to pay the next months rent when due, the landlord will change the keys to the door and lock you out and the next thing is he will throw your load outside and nothing will happen? grin grin
Do you know that in other parts of the world, every person has a unique number (citizen's number) by which they can be traced and any liability they have, enforced on them?

Nigerians should even thank their stars because collecting a yearly rent is just to reduce the effect of having to pursue all the rent debtors on a monthly basis. angry
Do you know how many Nigerians have runaway with rents of over one year and can that be done in those "other parts of the world"?

We all like good things but how many of us are ready to play our part, to make such things work in Nigeria
. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by ifnyioj22(m): 11:30am On May 11, 2020
Odi egu!!!

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by One4me: 11:35am On May 11, 2020
YungJo207:
Shey una hear SEALED ooo not DEMOLISHED

Na Governor WIKE dey demolish buildings anyhow, out of anger! grin grin grin
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by CsRockefeller(m): 11:36am On May 11, 2020
olaboy33:

A house of 96000 annually would still require 100000 agreement and commission and some even collect 2 years upfront.

LASG has just introduced an agency to checkmate those sharp practices, you can't operate anymore as an agent without a license and so many other things.

It was created during Sanwo Olu administration, all these greedy agents are in for a big ride when this Corona pandemic is over, Lagos State is ready for them and their landlords accomplices.

1 Like

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by Doyou2019: 11:41am On May 11, 2020
One4me:

Paying monthly is a good thing for both landlord and tenants, as done in other parts of the world.
But are you aware that in other parts of the world, you cannot owe a landlord 'Rent' and runaway with it, the way most of you Nigerinas do?

Are you aware that in that other parts of the world, [b]once you refuse to pay the next months rent when due, the landlord will change the keys to the door and lock you out and the next thing is he will throw your load outside and nothing will happen? [/b] grin grin
Do you know that in other parts of the world, every person has a unique number (citizen's number) by which they can be traced and any liability they have, enforced on them?

Nigerians should even thank their stars because collecting a yearly rent is just to reduce the effect of having to pursue all the rent debtors on a monthly basis. angry
Do you know how many Nigerians have runaway with rents of over one year and can that be done in those "other parts of the world"?

We all like good things but how many of us are ready to play our part, to make such things work in Nigeria
. undecided undecided

grin
Easy on the hyperboles (the emboldened) bro. Has the annual rent strategy stopped some devious Nigerians from absconding with their outstanding rent fees?? Come on man; think about it : what pressure monthly rent payment would take away from the shoulders of that hardworking Nigerian man! Saying that all Nigerians like to run away with rent money is like saying we are all irresponsible and you know that's not true. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

1 Like

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by kheny12(m): 11:46am On May 11, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:
50% of building at that idumota area are like that,
Some storey buildings have bent and started kissing the nearby building
Lol are you kidding me,Building kissing nearby building.Which area for idumota be that kind building dey.
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by Doyou2019: 11:47am On May 11, 2020
CsRockefeller:

LASG has just introduced an agency to checkmate those sharp practices, you can't operate anymore as an agent without a license and so many other things.

It was created during Sanwo Olu administration, all these greedy agents are in for a big ride when this Corona pandemic is over, Lagos State is ready for them and their landlords accomplices.

Looking forward to this. I can't wait.
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by Davicl: 11:50am On May 11, 2020
Obadina street... If somebody collect ur phone at tunubu square don't chess the person o, just enter obadina nd buy ur phone back. Thank me later grin

1 Like

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 11, 2020
KingMicky3286:
Nigerian government should consider using bricks to face off block. Bricks are stronger than blocks. Living in abroad opened my eyes to many things.
i wondered same. The house i stayed in uk was built in 1887. I shock o.

3 Likes

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by Hotspotbro(m): 12:05pm On May 11, 2020
KingMicky3286:
ok you mean the red bricks. But shey na cement own b block for Nigeria? Explain...
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by YungJo207(m): 12:07pm On May 11, 2020
One4me:

Na Governor WIKE dey demolish buildings anyhow, out of anger! grin grin grin

That wasn't anger that was stupidity and self ego.
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by Clean2016: 12:08pm On May 11, 2020
sanemind2:
Good move

Meanwhile

Get High definition movies into your hard drive or get otg 3.0 flash drive with movies preload if you stay in Ph

How much
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by Fragility6: 12:13pm On May 11, 2020
olaboy33:

D problem of Nigeria is not only politicians.D citizens ar hav dier share of blame.D govt. is only a reflection of its people. See wat sumbdy is charging for rent n yet e remits nutin to d govt. Wickedness of highest order

1 Like

Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by babzo(m): 12:17pm On May 11, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Nice move
To avoid stories that touch the heart

Damnnnnn
Niggarrr! Just say you sell second hand laptop
Which one be US and UK used laptops?

Dey make all those overrated countries dey feel like say them be king

Over rated countries? See this guy. You wan compare used Naija Laptop to used UK laptop?
Yet everything you are using is from them.
From Internet to WhatsApp to their language, movies, clothes, food, technology. Even style of government sef!
Re: LASBCA Seals Distressed 4-storey Building At 17, Obadina Street, Lagos Island by KingMicky3286: 12:19pm On May 11, 2020
Hotspotbro:
ok you mean the red bricks. But they na cement own b block for Nigeria? Explain...

All the houses in the country that I am living in are all made of bricks. it's hard to be demolished also. I have never seen a collapsed building. They don't use wood for roofing also, They use an iron which is lighter than wood,

Nigerians will use all the woods in the world to roof a house thereby giving the house more load to carry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? / Important Checks To Make Before Renting An Apartment / How Do I Handle My Landlord??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.