Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

PDP Convention: Live Report - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention: Live Report (22077 Views)

Bayelsa State Governorship Election Monitoring/live Report Thread#BayelsaDecides / Metuh Has No Right To Announce Date Of PDP Convention — Okupe / Updates Of PDP Convention At Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Lagosboy: 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2011
I am not watching it but why should ¨GEJ be given more time to restrategise his speech. Our president, if fit enough should mount the podium and counter Atiku himself.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by youngmonie: 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2011
der reaction

Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2011
Ahhhhhh, this cheating.
It is grossly unfair that GEJ is yet to give his speech. Instead some insignificant people arre yanning opaks on stage
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by youngmonie: 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2011
obj too was der, had this evil look on his face wen atiku was talkin, nt too clear

Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2011
vigasimple:

This is one of the reason why GEJ should and must win the PDP Primaries and the election properly. The Atiku of a man is very arrogant and condescending on the symbol of our country, President and commander in chief of the armed forces., and thus disrespect all Nigerians.

He came to get votes and he need to defend his position on why he thinks he should be the candidate. According to you since he is president he should veto it and make himself candidate?

question  1. Where did Atiku got all his money from?   2. when he lost last time , he went to AC, then he run back

GEJ should ask him that.

3. what is diffrent from the policies of GEJ from that of Yar A'dua that makes GEJ unaccepatable leader to Atiku other than the usual NORTHERN BORN
                    TO RULE, WE LOAN YOU THE PRESIDNCY AND WE WANT OUR POWER BACK MENTALITY.

I dont think Atiku endorsed Yar'Adua cos he actually contested against Yar Adua.

4. What is Atiku educational qualification?

What is the educational requirement to be Nigerian president or better still whats OBJ's academic qualification.

GEJ may appear dump and passive BUT he has to do that because the Nort operates a feudal and religious political system. If you are not from the North or muslim, you cnnnot be President f Nigeria. Ask MKO ABIOLA

You are sounding desperate and without a point. Was OBJ from the North or was he a Moslem and he ruled this country for 11yrs both as Military and civilian.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by LaconicINC: 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
GEJ! GEJ!! GEJ!!! Carry go!
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Dave6: 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
GEJ on Stage
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 13, 2011
I'm hoping GEJ doesn't get personal.
So far he is doing well.

GEJ is listing his strong points so far and there's around of applause
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by youngmonie: 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2011
UR TRULY WILL BRING U A FULL POTRIAT OF JONNY BOI!!, BOI DIS DUDE IS SHARP MEHNN, he aint gonna allow some fulnai dude bully ammm, warri no dey carry last,
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Dave6: 7:48pm On Jan 13, 2011
GEJ is giving a very matured and logical speech; as if someone did not attack him earlier. Good One Presido.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by youngmonie: 7:49pm On Jan 13, 2011
God this is a different jonny, They have done some hard work on this boy and his speech presentation.he is  SHAARPER AND BRIGHTER
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by LaconicINC: 7:50pm On Jan 13, 2011
GEJ speaks confidently not reading much from his prepared speech,he is not attacking his opponent though
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Dave6: 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2011
A STANDING OVATION at Eagle Square for Mr. President
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by OAM4J: 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2011
What is he saying pls?
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by youngmonie: 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2011
PLS LETS CLOSE THIS TOPIC DOWN, JONATHAN HAS WON, all those ATIKU lovers, u can go kisss his gay ass goodbyee
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Dave6: 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2011
Voting by Delegates to begin.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2011
Ahhhhh,

Joe boy oozes class.
He declined getting shirty with Atiku especially on the Niger Delta issue.
Massive round of applause and standing ovation for him by the delegates

You can also see they prolly hurriedly scribbled something on paper
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by OAM4J: 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2011
What did he talked about now? some of us are not watching now
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by apoti(m): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2011
At least u mentioned what atiku said, tell us what GEJ said too now
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by HamidO1(m): 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2011
I just wonder why these bunch of fools are wasting their time. I wish we had a very strong opposition in this country.
GEJ had nothing concrete to say really.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Goddex: 8:01pm On Jan 13, 2011
GEJ is much more mature than Atiku. Infact, Atiku is a tout.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by IbroYaya: 8:04pm On Jan 13, 2011
Please use this link to watch it live on channel tv. Though is a bit behind but you can get the flow

http://www.channelstv.com/global/live_video.php

GEJ is too much. Listen for yourself and make judgement
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Beaf: 8:05pm On Jan 13, 2011
Fresh air peeps!!! Fresh air!!!
GEJ carry go!!!
2011 is yours.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2011
Goddex:

GEJ is much more mature than Atiku. Infact, Atiku is a tout.
A very big tout grin grin
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2011
Jo boy promises a federal univerity in every state withing 3 years of getting elected
He said for the time in many years there was no fuel scarcity in Nigeria during  the xmas period.
All international aiports are being worked on.
Etc etc etc

I dey use phone  so e hard to type in detail
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by miebijon: 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2011
i have never been happy in my life, thank you ibro yaya,
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by FrankC3: 8:12pm On Jan 13, 2011
The fact remains that GEJ said nothing that has a direct bearing on the the delegates voting pattern save that the election will be decided not on what has been said this evening. Atiku emphasized that he is a party builder unlike his opponent (under whose leadership that his sitting ministers resigned to join other parties) and GEJ said that he removed fuel scarcity. Differentiate the two, Atiku did not just talk, he talked about things that are important to the delegates most of whom are career politicians.  GEJ might have won this primary outside what was said this evening at Eagle's Square but he definitely has a lot to learn about negotiation and consensus building. If i came to the convention ground undecided, Atiku will get my vote.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by apoti(m): 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2011
The link is not working!
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 13, 2011
In my opinion, GEJ was a lot mature and concise  while Atiku's speech was reminiscent of Rafa Benitez calculated rant on TV against Sir Alex Fergusson.

Although, Atiku hit Joe Boy real hard with facts. I don't think Joe boy expected what he got from Atiku
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Gbawe: 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2011
Hamid O:

I just wonder why these bunch of fools are wasting their time. I wish we had a very strong opposition in this country.
GEJ had nothing concrete to say really.

Why do you think the Emperor , in the first instance, walked around unclothed if not because of how sycophants and yesmen told him he was wearing a beautiful robe that would be the envy of the World ? in Nigeria we do sycophancy and blind followship of mediocrity like no other nation on Earth .
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by twinskenny(m): 8:21pm On Jan 13, 2011
OMO IBO:

In my opinion, GEJ was a lot mature and concise  while Atiku's speech was reminiscent of Rafa Benitez calculated rant on TV against Sir Alex Fergusson.

Although, Atiku hit Joe Boy real hard with facts. I don't think Joe boy expected what he got from Atiku

as a president can he arrest him based on his speech?
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Dave6: 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2011
From all that has occurred today it is obvious Jonathan is much more refined and matured than Atiku.
He touched on senstive and important issues from healthcare to security to fuel to power/energy supply and also gave firm reassurance of progress and transformation in his administration.
This was more of what reasonable citizens would want to hear.
Sincerely, Atiku basically did nothing on stage but claim what he never did when in gov't and even spoke words that contradicted his lawless attitude when he was the vp. Condemning actions which he was no. 1 at perpetrating. The most irritating part is that he was busy threatening chaos on that stage and literally throwing insults at the president; definitely not the kind of virtue we would want in our president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

A LASTMA Official 'Arresting' A Driver ( Pic) / Ebelechukwu Obiano And Abandoned Baby In Anambra - Touching Story With Photos / Governor Udom Emmanuel Commissions Military Quarters And Internal Roads At AKSU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.