Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

PDP Convention: Live Report - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention: Live Report (22059 Views)

Bayelsa State Governorship Election Monitoring/live Report Thread#BayelsaDecides / Metuh Has No Right To Announce Date Of PDP Convention — Okupe / Updates Of PDP Convention At Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by sammyzacks(m): 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2011
Jonathan: "Within two years, every state will have a federal tertiary institution of education."

"I will not join issues with others because our delegates already know us very well."

"I will give this country strong leadership to become developed."

President Jonathan resists the temptation to trade barbs with Mr. Abubakar. As he concludes, he is the only contender to get a standing ovation from delegates. Perhaps an early indicator of how delegates may vote.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by apoti(m): 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2011
so have they started voting?
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by dayokanu(m): 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2011
twinskenny:

as a president can he arrest him based on his speech?

For what offence?
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Beaf: 8:27pm On Jan 13, 2011
Dav.e:

From all that has occurred today it is obvious Jonathan is much more refined and matured than Atiku.
He touch on senstive and important issues from healthcare to security to fuel to power/energy supply and also gave firm reassurance of progress and transformation in his administration.
This was more of what reasonable citizens would want to hear.
Sincerely, Atiku basically did nothing on stage but claim what he never did when in gov't and even speaking words that contradict his lawless attitude when he was the vp. Condemning actions which he was no. 1 at perpetrating. The most irritating part is that he was busy threatening chaos on that stage and literally throwing insults at the president; definitely not the kind of virtue we would want in our president.

The attractive thing about Jonathan is that he is very much an ordinary Nigerian like you and I, he has a way of connecting to to the average person. He might have his weaknesses like all men, but he is very genuine and focussed.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Pk001(m): 8:27pm On Jan 13, 2011
GEJ has made my day.
Wow, what a brilliant speech.

He spoke like a president.

Those that worked on him, did an excellent Job.

GEJ carry go, no one can stop you except God, and God is surely backing you.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by twinskenny(m): 8:28pm On Jan 13, 2011
apoti:

so have they started voting?

yes now, bros u no dey naija, tune to NTA is free
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Pk001(m): 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2011
Beaf:

The attractive thing about Jonathan is that he is very much an ordinary Nigerian like you and I, he has a way of connecting to to the average person. He might have his weaknesses like all men, but he is very genuine and focussed.

Thats very correct. GEJ is very genuine
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by soloheater(m): 8:32pm On Jan 13, 2011
Follow the PDP presidential Primaries live at http://skoola.com/lecturepage.php?id=1717&cid=70
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by gangar(m): 8:34pm On Jan 13, 2011
GEJ was nearly crying. Not confident and nervous and off the mark. He kept saying issues will be looked into, tongue grin
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by apoti(m): 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2011
twinskenny:

yes now, bros u no dey naija, tune to NTA is free
I no dey naija, that's y i was asking. ok?
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by JomoGbomo2(m): 8:38pm On Jan 13, 2011
its sad no nigerian TV station is streaming online, i have tried channels but they dont.
this is where i am getting update, pls keep it coming. the skype i am using to watch my TV in naija is blurred too.
i don tire o
have they started voting?
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by miebijon: 8:41pm On Jan 13, 2011
@Jomo there is a site workin, http://www.channelstv.com/global/live_video.php
this is wat am watchin,
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by twinskenny(m): 8:41pm On Jan 13, 2011
JomoGbomo2:

its sad no nigerian TV station is streaming online, i have tried channels but they dont.
this is where i am getting update, pls keep it coming. the skype i am using to watch my TV in naija is blurred too.
i don tire o
have they started voting?

AIT has stop, only NTA is Broadcasting it for noww, imagine NTA is not online, shior

the Delegates are still voting
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by mynaija123(m): 8:41pm On Jan 13, 2011
gangar:

GEJ was nearly crying. Not confident and nervous and off the mark. He kept saying issues will be looked into,  tongue grin

GEJ is a pure nigerian and also an ordinary human unlike atiku who claims to be a super hero. Nigerians do not want super man to rule over them we want some one who reasons like us. We are not ready for an OBAMA, Atiku should go to america and do all his super hero stuff they would love him grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Odunnu: 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
OAM4J:

What did he talked about now? some of us are not watching now
He talked about how he implemented an age long decision of every state having a federal university, how there is no case of fuel scarcity from Adamawa to Abia, about healthcare, power and stuff. Mentioned security and how much effort he had put in.
He also said he wasnt going to join issues with hs opponent(Atiku) who kept making anoying and snide rants
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Pk001(m): 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2011
gangar:

GEJ was nearly crying. Not confident and nervous and off the mark. He kept saying issues will be looked into,  tongue grin

Big lie. Am not sure you watched his speech.

GEJ was the most confident aspirant among the three.

Leave sentiments aside, GEJ was excellent.
He might not be perfect but was far better than Atiku who had only a party agenda rather a national agenda.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Dave6: 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2011
They started voting at least 30 minutes ago.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Dave6: 8:48pm On Jan 13, 2011
The process has been very organised and transparent so far. Obj is voting now.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Nsiman(m): 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2011
Some of u here are just posting what is not transpiring here. Gej didn't seems to to cry, atiku is rather emotional
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by gangar(m): 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2011
Odunnu:

He talked about how he implemented an age long decision of every state having a federal university, how there is no case of fuel scarcity from Adamawa to Abia, about healthcare, power and stuff. Mentioned security and how much effort he had put in.
He also said he wasnt going to join issues with hs opponent(Atiku) who kept making anoying and snide rants
He was seriously off the mark. Nigeria deserves a better person as president. Not GEJ. He cant stand before Nigerians at this crucial time and make a case. Fumbling all the way, pity. grin grin grin
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by apoti(m): 8:51pm On Jan 13, 2011
Dav.e:

The process has been very organised and transparent so far. Obj is voting now.

For sure Atiku has lost one vote grin
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Pk001(m): 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2011
Did anybody see how OBJ cast his vote?

ROFL.  Baba is a clown.

I strongly believe he still dey laugh oooo
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by apoti(m): 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2011
gangar:

He was seriously off the mark. Nigeria deserves a better person as president. Not GEJ. He cant stand before Nigerians at this crucial time and make a case. Fumbling all the way,  pity. grin grin grin
So are u saying Atiku is better than GEJ??
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by twinskenny(m): 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2011
apoti:

For sure Atiku has lost one vote grin

for sure

grin grin grin
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 13, 2011
apoti:

So are u saying Atiku is better than GEJ??
Doesn't know what he is saying,
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by apoti(m): 8:57pm On Jan 13, 2011
I think GEJ can go home and sleep grin
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2011
Delegates from Akwa Ibom and Bornu have completed voting.
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by iqnoramous: 9:00pm On Jan 13, 2011
Africans could never ever ever, ever,ever, ever ever, ever,ever  be smart enough to elect someone like oBama. They are still in the dark ages. Africans can barely read. They rely on their idiot leaders to tell them whats going on in the world. For Africans to elect someone like OBama, lots of changes in their brain must take place. Such as, Women's Rights - Yeah africans are afraid of giving their woman equal rights. Learn to read and write. When your ignorant everyone takes advantage. Spend every dime you have to educate your girls and boys. Thats where true power lies for Africans
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by meine: 9:02pm On Jan 13, 2011
OBJ just made my day, he has killed me with laughter  grin ;

Who  saw the drama and 2 fingers in the air after casting his vote? grin grin

I just love his gut and confidence, that guy would have remained a legend if not for his pettiness and dark side.

But for now OBJ rocks!!! grin grin grin
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 13, 2011
iqnoramous:

Africans could never ever ever, ever,ever, ever ever, ever,ever  be smart enough to elect someone like oBama. They are still in the dark ages. Africans can barely read. They rely on their leaders to tell them whats going on in the world. For Africans to elect someone like OBama, lots of changes in their brain must take place. Such as, Women's Rights - Yeah africans are afraid of giving their woman equal rights. Learn to read and write. When your ignorant everyone takes advantage. Spend every dime you have to educate your girls and boys. Thats where true power lies for Africans
Who is this he-goat?? angry
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by Pk001(m): 9:07pm On Jan 13, 2011
meine:

OBJ just made my day, he has killed me with laughter  grin ;

Who  saw the drama and 2 fingers in the air after casting his vote? grin grin

I just love his gut and confidence, that guy would have remained a legend if not for his pettiness and dark side.

But for now OBJ rocks!!! grin grin grin

I saw that. I was rolling on the floor laughing

OBJ proves that he is still the one to laugh last.

Baba Iyabo is a real comedian
Re: PDP Convention: Live Report by apoti(m): 9:08pm On Jan 13, 2011
iqnoramous:

Africans could never ever ever, ever,ever, ever ever, ever,ever  be smart enough to elect someone like oBama. They are still in the dark ages. Africans can barely read. They rely on their  leaders to tell them whats going on in the world. For Africans to elect someone like OBama, lots of changes in their brain must take place. Such as, Women's Rights - Yeah africans are afraid of giving their woman equal rights. Learn to read and write. When your ignorant everyone takes advantage. Spend every dime you have to educate your girls and boys. Thats where true power lies for Africans
fntekim:

Who is this he-goat?? angry

na real he goat, that is why his name is[b] ignoramus[/b]  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Ebelechukwu Obiano And Abandoned Baby In Anambra - Touching Story With Photos / Obi: IPOB Has Disowned Sit-At-Home, Security Agencies Must Tackle Criminality / Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.