Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas (2421 Views)

EFCC Closes In On Ex- Nigerian Defense Minister Obanikoro, Two Sons Over N4.8B / Young Nigerian Soccer Player Killed In The USA ''For Being A Nigerian''. / Unbelievable: Ex Nigerian Presidents Gets Pay Raise From N250m To N2bn Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas by aloyemeka1: 2:27am On Jan 14, 2011
Musiwa,:

Ileke-IdI , i dont think you know the pain, we feel as nigerian towards his death, I feel so much pain. I feel so much pain. it is like lossing a member of your family Ileke-IdI .  This is why people are upset.

I think you never lived in nigeria.  people love him. so it hurt to see him go.  Not to talk about him been murder. and they are claiming he killed himself.

I am 100% confident he did not kill himself, that he was murder and they hang him. He could not have kill himself. I know so. I feel very bad my sister.

I have tried to solve this case on the internet looking for clues. But the only thing i found is that picture looks younger than what he should look now.

But honestly my heart weep for his children.
I want to find out where did he live in lagos. I want to solve this, if anyone knows where he lived in lagos, school , he went too etc. it would really help solve this case. It help the police over here. Any information of his past, just put it over the internet, the FBI would get it.

She just had no idea who Uche was and what he meant to Nigerians. She just doesn't.
Re: Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas by dempeople(m): 2:28am On Jan 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You guys formed an opinion, and I think you're angrier because I did not confirm your opinion or care to address it.
Honey, you're even lucky that I'm replying you. . . .
Okafor is dead, instead of blessing his soul and wishing him eternal peace, y'all are here screaming tribalism. Talk about "decency and respect" for a fellow brother.

peaz out!

Don't be so silly. You, not addressing or replying me has nothing to do with anything let alone, my so-called anger. I'm even unluckier that you're replying me and still yarning dust. You still could've decided not to reply my latest comment at all - if you so wish however, thats no the reason why I took out time to even post twice. Does any part of my posts smack of a tribalism-cry? A fellow Nigerian died in U.S and another, as a stowaway and yet you found the latter funny while attempting to dishonour the former. Really, try and check yourself. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas by Nobody: 2:33am On Jan 14, 2011
Musiwa,:

Ileke-IdI , i dont think you know the pain, we feel as nigerian towards his death, I feel so much pain. I feel so much pain. it is like lossing a member of your family Ileke-IdI .  This is why people are upset.

I think you never lived in nigeria.  people love him. so it hurt to see him go.  Not to talk about him been murder. and they are claiming he killed himself.

I am 100% confident he did not kill himself, that he was murder and they hang him. He could not have kill himself. I know so. I feel very bad my sister.

I have tried to solve this case on the internet looking for clues. But the only thing i found is that picture looks younger than what he should look now.

But honestly my heart weep for his children.
I want to find out where did he live in lagos. I want to solve this, if anyone knows where he lived in lagos, school , he went too etc. it would really help solve this case. It help the police over here. Any information of his past, just put it over the internet, the FBI would get it.

I've had my fair share of feeling the pain of the death of a close one. . . . so yea. . . \

You couldnt even solve the crime online if you tried.

If it wasnt really suicide then who would have set him up and why? Hmm dont we always ask "why?"? I suggest they check every [b]crook [/b]and cranny, and investigate his current lifestyle.

dem_people:

Don't be so silly. You, not addressing or replying me has nothing to do with anything let alone, my so-called anger. I'm even unluckier that you're replying me and still yarning dust. You still could've decided not to reply my latest comment at all - if you so wish however, thats no the reason why I took out time to even post twice. Does any part of my posts smack of a tribalism-cry? A fellow Nigerian died in U.S and another, as a stowaway and yet you found the latter funny while attempting to dishonour the former. Really, try and check yourself. angry angry angry angry angry
@dem_peaople

really. Dont waste your time.  Truss me wink

If y'all dont mind, keep the insult coming. It increases the number of posts and changes the lil bubble color from cold blue to warm pink
Re: Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas by ragdollz: 2:35am On Jan 14, 2011
Gosh! Not again!!! Another needless death.
Re: Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas by Akhenaten: 2:36am On Jan 14, 2011
Ileke-Idi must not have been raised in Nigeria if she doesn't know that many Nigerians from all ethnicities see this man as a  Nigerian, not his ethnicity.

He brought pride to Nigerians from all corners of this country.

The sad thing is that she is making a mockery of his name. She deserves the abuse she is getting on this thread.
Re: Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 14, 2011
Are you sincerely okay? Where is the mockery?

I suggest you open the link and check the title of the article.

My last post . . . .
Re: Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas by Jakumo(m): 5:54am On Jan 14, 2011
This death does sound very suspicious to me.  One of the PRIMARY motivations behind the murder of one spouse by another in the United States is the expectation of claiming a large life insurance cash settlement on the victim by their murderous spouse.  Suicide is EXTREMELY rare among Nigerians, regardless of where on the planet they call home, so I agree with those who speculate about foul play in this particular instance.

In that ubiquitous murder for cash scam, one spouse will take out a huge life insurance policy on the other without their knowledge or consent.  Not long after that policy takes effect, the scheming spouse arranges for the murder of their marriage partner, and commences to to squander cash from the life insurance settlement literally the minute that money becomes available.   

While I am certainly NOT concluding that the late football player's wife or other relative conspired to kill him, it does appear that SOMEBODY may have taken out a life insurance policy on him, and thus stood to gain substantially by his death.  That culprit could even have been a business partner or acquaintance, and NOT his wife.
Re: Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas by ragdollz: 11:02am On Jan 14, 2011
Speculations, speculations. In cases like this I tend to just take things at face value cos no point in cooking up notions: nothing can bring him back. If there is foul play, it will be discovered in time, trust me. I remember the story of the UK couple who travelled to SA for their honeymoon: they were attacked and the bride was killed mysteriously. We all felt bad only to find out that the husband is a suspect in planning the whole thing. No one even saw that coming. So please, keep any ideas of murder/insurance claim out of it till we can prove likewise.
Re: Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas by aloyemeka1: 11:15am On Jan 14, 2011
Jakumo:

This death does sound very suspicious to me.  One of the PRIMARY motivations behind the murder of one spouse by another in the United States is the expectation of claiming a large life insurance cash settlement on the victim by their murderous spouse.  Suicide is EXTREMELY rare among Nigerians, regardless of where on the planet they call home, so I agree with those who speculate about foul play in this particular instance.

In that ubiquitous murder for cash scam, one spouse will take out a huge life insurance policy on the other without their knowledge or consent.  Not long after that policy takes effect, the scheming spouse arranges for the murder of their marriage partner, and commences to to squander cash from the life insurance settlement literally the minute that money becomes available.   

While I am certainly NOT concluding that the late football player's wife or other relative conspired to kill him, it does appear that SOMEBODY may have taken out a life insurance policy on him, and thus stood to gain substantially by his death.  That culprit could even have been a business partner or acquaintance, and NOT his wife.

The only problem here is that insurance companies do not pay for suicide cases.
Re: Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 14, 2011
sorry to hear about this but wtf does it have to with tribalism/politics?
Re: Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas by jaygetta1: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2011
@Aloy/Emeka: E be like say something dey worry u for head. I asked a simple question: Where is the tribalism in Ileke-Idi's thread? All u had to do was show it to me, not tell me to "Shut it". Na Ogun go fiyya u for that statement. U dey find prey for NL na me ur GPS come direct u to? E be like sy u don marra finish. Personally, I'm not a fan of tribalism, so please do not bring ur beef close to my door-step, lest it gets cooked, down to a burning uneatable crust. Wuteva beef u got with the OP, sort it out with her and leave me out of it. U address me, I'll address u right back. Me, I welcome all comers. . . .
Re: Ex-nigerian Soccer Star Okafor Kills Self In Texas by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 15, 2011
^^^ lol they're just paranoid. Prolly thought I changed the title. smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maga Must Pay You..........Funny Yahoo Guy picture / Nigeria’s Amalgamation Of 1914: What Our Leaders Say! How True? / Achebe On Awo: Igbo, Yoruba Leaders In ‘verbal Warfare’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.