Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) (5246 Views)

Activities Of Bandits Have Surprised Me ― Buhari / INEC Official Results For 2019 Presidential And National Assembly Elections / Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 12:53pm On May 12, 2020
I just did a quick Google Search of 'south africa-nigeria' and the results were surprising. It seems there is not much being written about the relationship between these two African giants, and once there's something it is not positive. The latest article updated is a BBC News article from last October (2019) titled "...When Two African Giants Meets". Note that this is not even by an African publication.

I thought there would be more to the Nigeria-South Africa relationship than just "xenophobia" and tensions. I was expecting the top Google Search results to show presidential handshakes, football clashes, trade or even just ordinary citizen banter.

It seems to me the Nigeria-SA relationship is not dynamic - or is Google just fooling us? Contrast with Ghana-SA search which is far more positive (last screen shot).

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 12:56pm On May 12, 2020
GHANA-SOUTH AFRICA SEARCH

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 12, 2020
That's just Google algorithm. For that to change nigeria and south Africa needs to do a very significant thing together.

6 Likes

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by Nonso92(m): 1:04pm On May 12, 2020
Nowadays, When you think Nigeria - south Africa, the first thing that comes to mind is xenophobia. Don't blame Google.

10 Likes

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 1:11pm On May 12, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
That's just Google algorithm. For that to change nigeria and south Africa needs to do a very significant thing together.

Makes sense. Although that might take a while.
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 1:38pm On May 12, 2020
Nonso92:
Nowadays, When you think Nigeria - south Africa, the first thing that comes to mind is xenophobia. Don't blame Google.

The first thing that comes to my mind is MTN and investment.
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by WannaHowzit(m): 2:58pm On May 12, 2020
Nonso92:

The xenophobia does not exist in a vacuum.
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by JaceBlaze: 3:38pm On May 12, 2020
Nonso92:

Allow me to be the "Debbie Downer" in this thread about rekindling a bond between two nations - a bond that never existed grin

There never was an alliance between Nigeria and South Africa to begin with.Some things in this life were never meant to coexist.South Africans and Nigerians are like water and oil,and no matter what you do they just won't mix.Whenever Nigerians start moving in numbers into a certain place you will see South Africans moving out one by one and we all know what becomes of such places.Those who don't have the means to move out will remain of course.

With that said; fùck Google

4 Likes

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 4:06pm On May 12, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Allow me to be the "Debbie Downer" in this thread about rekindling a bond between two nations - a bond that never existed grin

There never was an alliance between Nigeria and South Africa to begin with.Some things in this life were never meant to coexist.South Africans and Nigerians are like water and oil,and no matter what you do they just won't mix.Whenever Nigerians start moving in numbers into a certain place you will see South Africans moving out one by one and we all know what becomes of such places.Those who don't have the means to move out will remain of course.

What the F, JB? This is a kumbaya thread. grin grin grin Don't start with me o.
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by JaceBlaze: 4:22pm On May 12, 2020
TMKsouth:

What the F, JB? This is a kumbaya thread. grin grin grin Don't start with me o.

I know.Sometimes I just can't help it. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 4:31pm On May 12, 2020
JaceBlaze:

I know.Sometimes I just can't help it. lipsrsealed

Lol grin grin Let's see how long u can remain mum.
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by JaceBlaze: 5:06pm On May 12, 2020
TMKsouth:

Lol grin grin Let's see how long u can remain mum.

Lol enough about that.When is alcohol returning to the liquor stores? some of these lockdown regulations are very unfair to some of us. angry
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by 24SEVEN: 5:16pm On May 12, 2020
TMKsouth:

Makes sense. Although that might take a while.

If you want me to help launder the image of South Africa, send me a Zulu and a Xhosa girl. grin grin
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 6:19pm On May 12, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Lol enough about that.When is alcohol returning to the liquor stores? some of these lockdown regulations are very unfair to some of us. angry

At Level 3. Some ministers are already hinting of the possibility of level3 soon.

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 6:25pm On May 12, 2020
24SEVEN:

If you want me to help launder the image of South Africa, send me a Zulu and a Xhosa girl. grin grin

U mean send them to u like they are cattle
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by helinues: 6:29pm On May 12, 2020
Good search are rated by views... It's Google algorithm
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by JaceBlaze: 6:36pm On May 12, 2020
TMKsouth:

At Level 3. Some ministers are already hinting of the possibility of level3 soon.

Do you think they are still going to announce levels? It already looks like level3 out there.People now go out uncontrolled and the presence of soldiers is not heavy as it was during the early days of lockdown.
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 7:27pm On May 12, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Do you think they are still going to announce levels? [b]It already looks like level3 out there.[/b]People now go out uncontrolled and the presence of soldiers is not heavy as it was during the early days of lockdown.

@bold grin grin

Now that u mention it, whatever happened to the 70,000 soldiers we were promised? I tried searching now and the last reports on that were 3 weeks ago. But yes they will announce coz remember they could also escalate back to level5 if infections get out if hand, which is the case at the moment. More than a 1000 cases in the last 2 days alone.
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 7:31pm On May 12, 2020
helinues:
Good search are rated by views... It's Google algorithm

Are people still viewing the material from 8 months ago? That's when the attacks happened. Surely there's been other activities between the two countries.
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by helinues: 7:33pm On May 12, 2020
TMKsouth:

Are people still viewing the material from 8 months ago? That's when the attacks happened. Surely there's been other activities between the two countries.

Other activities that even yourself is not aware of..
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by JaceBlaze: 8:05pm On May 12, 2020
TMKsouth:

@bold grin grin

Now that u mention it, whatever happened to the 70,000 soldiers we were promised? I tried searching now and the last reports on that were 3 weeks ago. But yes they will announce coz remember they could also escalate back to level5 if infections get out if hand, which is the case at the moment. More than a 1000 cases in the last 2 days alone.

Yoh I don't think I can handle another level5 .
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by Exc2000: 8:23pm On May 12, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Yet you just cant seem to resist Nigerian forum to run your xenophobic mouth, when we don't even give a flying fvck if you exist or not

iranu
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by Exc2000: 8:26pm On May 12, 2020
cool

The reason for this is simple.. SouthAfricans hardly travel, except the whites, and the other Africans that travel into SouthAfrica to invest gets disrespected

MTN, DStv, SouthAfrican and Shoprite gets good patronage from Nigeria, even with Nigerian indigenous company like Justrite/Shoprite Globacomm/MTN and DStv/Startimes having very free healthy grounds to compete .. local farmers in S.A still supplies Shoprite in Nigeria farm produce we produce in Nigeria, and Nigerian banks give them free access to repatriate funds and profit back to SouthAfrica..

This the SouthAfrican Government and its people never reciprocate, our traders are envied by jobless south Africans, AirPeace requested a right to Land in 3 Airports in SouthAfrica and The SA authorities blantantly rejected it until Nigerian FG forced them by telling them SA airways wouldn't be allowed to land in Nigeria

Look at SouthAfrican struggle to Independence and end of Aparthied, we contributed what we had as citizens and Nigeria FG doubled it to support the struggle, many current SouthAfrican leaders came to hide in Nigeria and got our Nigerian Passport to further the cause of their struggle all over the world.. this Mandela appreciated by making his first visit to be Nigeria, few years along the line we all saw how our own citizens got treated

1 Like

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 8:31pm On May 12, 2020
helinues:

Other activities that even yourself is not aware of..

That's why I googled and hence this thread.
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by HarryDuce(m): 8:33pm On May 12, 2020
There's no surprise there. Whenever South Africa and Nigeria are mentioned in the same breath these days, it's rarely about something positive. Its always about rivalry or xenophobia or drugs. Google just mirrors that.

1 Like

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 8:34pm On May 12, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Yoh I don't think I can handle another level5 .

I think the Western Cape and KZN are the ones mostly likely to go back to level 5 at some point. WC has half the country's cases.
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 8:42pm On May 12, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

This the SouthAfrican Government and its people never reciprocate, our traders are envied by jobless south Africans, AirPeace requested a right to Land in 3 Airports in SouthAfrica and The SA authorities blantantly rejected it until Nigerian FG forced them by telling them SA airways wouldn't be allowed to and in Nigeria

Why are Nigerians so obsessed with this "jealousy" idea? Ethiopian, Kenyan, and other African airlines operate freely in SA. Ever thought perhaps your airlines are the ones with the problem? I mean u guys have some of the worst air safety record on the continent. And yet u say South Africans envy u by blocking your airlines? U wanna come crash in SA

2 Likes

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by Exc2000: 8:45pm On May 12, 2020
TMKsouth:

Why are Nigerians so obsessed with this "jealousy" idea? Ethiopian, Kenyan, and other African airlines operate freely in SA. Ever thought perhaps your airlines are the ones with the problem? I mean u guys have some of the worst air safety record on the continent. And yet u say South Africans envy u by blocking your airlines? U wanna come crash in SA

Trash... AirPeace is a Private entity not owned by the State, and for your information they have New aircrafts and follow best of aviation standards, their plane frequent better routes like Dubai and Sharjah UAE, JFK US and Heathrow but when we tried coming in to your own airport, as usual the ever selfish self centered greedy SA government started forming stupid just to keep the monopoly of the Nigerian / SA route strictly to SA airways

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 8:57pm On May 12, 2020
Exc2000:

Trash... AirPeace is a Private entity not owned by the State, and for your information they have New aircrafts and follow best of aviation standards, their plane frequent better routes like Dubai and Sharjah UAE, JFK US and Heathrow but when we tried coming in to your own airport, as usual the ever selfish self centered greedy SA government started forming stupid just to keep the monopoly of the Nigerian / SA route strictly to SA airways

With the way u guys are milking MTN with dubious sanctions SA has to keep an ace up it's sleeve at all time. So if we can't operate freely, neither will you.

2 Likes

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by Kidakudz5: 9:01pm On May 12, 2020
And so?
Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by Exc2000: 9:04pm On May 12, 2020
TMKsouth:

With the way u guys are milking MTN with dubious sanctions SA has to keep an ace up it's sleeve at all time. So if we can't operate freely, neither will you.

Can you just imagine?! milking MTN?! "Dubious Sanction" in case you don't know please google MTN Nigeria's quarterly profit after tax and tell me if they make such in a year in SouthAfrica or any country they have their shii=ty network

the sanction is clear as anything, keep database of all SimCard owners so that terrorist and criminals don't use your shiity network to perpetrate crimes against Nigeria or risk paying fine, MTN played smart by duplicating data, and capturing datas of goats and animals as human, and when a crime is traced to the number or simcard nothing is found... even with all this the fine and sanction got slashed yet you people still cry fowl

Re: Google Search Results For "Nigeria-South Africa" Surprised Me (Screenshots) by TMKsouth: 9:19pm On May 12, 2020
Exc2000:

Can you just imagine?! milking MTN?! "Dubious Sanction" in case you don't know please google MTN Nigeria's quarterly profit after tax and tell me if they make such in a year in SouthAfrica or any country they have their shii=ty network
There's more articles online along these same lines below. Your version is state propaganda from NTA.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking!!! Nigerian Ports Authority On Fire By Arise News / BIAFRA: We'll Bomb Everywhere —Simon Ekpa Threatens UN, Issues 6-Month Ultimatum / Yorubas Liberated, Igbos Still In Bondage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.