Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? (17486 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / Attitudes Guys Display When They Have Been Lured, Duped & Dumped By Gold Diggers / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2011
Why is it that some men are so quick to call women gold-diggers? The minute you mention certain financial expectations that you have of a partner,they're like oh,she's a gold-digger or oh,she's a lazy,money-grubbing lady. Is true love=Poverty? Must we suffer and eat sand before our love can be said to be true? P.s-i do agree that there are many female gold-diggers out there. However,i don't think that having reasonable financial expectations of a guy makes you one. It is not a must for us to suffer and grow lean before people will know we truly love a person. Love is not equal to poverty/suffering.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by MrCork17: 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2011
Atreides <<<<< Gold diggger angry
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Atreides <<<<< Gold diggger angry
Hehehe. . I knew somebody was gonna go there. . grin grin. . If i do start gold-digging,i'll go after guys who actually have money. . Guess that means you're safe. . grin grin wink wink grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by tim2: 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2011
olodo!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2011
The whole Gold Digger thing seems greatly exaggerated by men. What's amusing to me is that it is most often the guys with no or very little money that label women gold-diggers"
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2011
tim2:

olodo!
tani? @roky,spot on! Those who shout gold-digger up and down are quite possibly poor/broke-a.ss bruthas.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by MrCork17: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2011
Atreides , ermm, sweeery by the way , r u light skin & do u gots nyansh? cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 6:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Atreides , ermm, sweeery by the way , r u light skin & do u gots nyansh? cheesy
Haha. . You this boy/man ehn. . Why you gat to go there? grin grin But wait oh. . Why are you asking?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Phate07(m): 7:05pm On Jan 14, 2011

Cos SOME women are worthless golddiggers. angry
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 14, 2011
im not being overconclusive here but some sisters are just outright gold and diamond diggers.asking for money isnt d problem but when u make money a priority in ur relationship then i think u need a job. i jst met a fine full figured sexy sister some 2 days back, she doesnt even know ma surname and now shes asking me for funds for ne stuff or d other, i guess u'd say she loves me
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by okosodo: 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2011
They are, Most of them. Its not their fault
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 9:31pm On Jan 14, 2011
okosodo:

They are, Most of them. Its not their fault
How would you feel if i said most men are poor? angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by 190: 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2011
iyatrustee a female nairalander is a well known gold digger

she doesn't hide it, she says it all the tyme!!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 14, 2011
I wonder o,when majority of these so called men dat tag women golddiggers dont even have d gold,moreova,if i dont dig gold,wat shd i dig?sand,or na only d1cK i wan chop tongue
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by moonraker(m): 12:00am On Jan 15, 2011
@ OP

you completely missed it.

you dont talk about shit like that when

you knw that ur not married to that guy,

do you really think that we men do know abt womens expectations on the financial part??

to think that ur frm edo, very embarassed for you
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 6:11am On Jan 15, 2011
moonraker:

@ OP

you completely missed it.

you dont talk about poo like that when

you knw that your not married to that guy,

do you really think that we men do know abt womens expectations on the financial part??

to think that your frm edo, very embarassed for you
What,pray tell,did i completely miss? Is it not true that some guys like shouting gold-digger up and down? That term is being over-used and i was only pointing that out. It's not only when i'm married that i'll have a right to expect certain things from a guy. I'll also have a right to expect things from a boyfriend,though not as much as a husband. And what does my being Bini have to do with anything? Please,for the love of God,please do not bring tribalism into this. You're embarrased for me? Lemme see. . Nah,don't really care. grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by LordReed(m): 7:08am On Jan 15, 2011
@Atreides
Give us an idea of wat u feel are reasonable expectations.

While is true dat some folk just label every lady golddigger it doesn't detract from d fact that there are golddiggers out there n dat label is not written on d forehead.

Character is often shown in action. If u make unreasonable financial demands den be prepared to carry the label.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 7:29am On Jan 15, 2011
Okay from a boyfriend, credit,the occasional gift(like jewelry or novels),and if we went out on dates he'd foot the bill. If i was extremely broke(which rarely happens anyway) i'd expect him to help me out if he had money. From a husband,rent,feeding,clothing allowance,hair allowance(well that one's optional),fuel(for the house,but if he wants to help me fuel my car that's okay),credit and if we went on outings he'd pay but if we went on a holiday i suppose we could pool funds if he asked. That's about it. Oh and i'd expect gifts from him too.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by homerac7: 7:43am On Jan 15, 2011
^^^ based on above, Mr cork Ws right to call u a gold digger. Na ur life alone d guy come? U not fit earn money to take care of yaself too? Go through ur list n c hw petty dey r, n u expect any reasonable man to take it serious? U don't need a man, what I need is a mugu.

Finally, I only think u r joking wt d whole thing?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by okosodo: 7:44am On Jan 15, 2011
Atreides:

How would you feel if i said most men are poor?  angry angry angry

It does not change anything, you know i am saying the truth
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 15, 2011
Atreides:

Hehehe. . I knew somebody was gonna go there. . grin grin. . If i do start gold-digging,i'll go after guys who actually have money. . Guess that means you're safe. . grin grin wink wink grin

[size=28pt]LMFAO!!! [/size]
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by LordReed(m): 7:53am On Jan 15, 2011
@Atreides
Well I tink ur demands are reasonable but lemme ask u wat do u do wit ur money?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 7:57am On Jan 15, 2011
homerac7:

^^^ based on above, Mr cork Ws right to call u a gold digger. Na your life alone d guy come? U not fit earn money to take care of yaself too? Go through your list n c hw petty dey r, n u expect any reasonable man to take it serious? U don't need a man, what I need is a mugu.

Finally, I only think u r joking wt d whole thing?
You thin that's being a gold-digger? You haven't seen gold-diggers yet. I don't expect much from a boyfriend,but a husband is supposed to take care of feeding,housing and clothing. Those are the basics,and calling that gold-digging won't change that.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 8:02am On Jan 15, 2011
Lord_Reed:

@Atreides
Well I tink your demands are reasonable but lemme ask u wat do u do wit your money?
Did you notice that i did not include clothing or hair allowance in my expectations of a boyfriend? When we're dating my money will be to take care of myself,to pay my rent,to fuel my car and my gen,to send home to my people,to save etc. When we get married,taking care of me becomes his responsibility. Feeding,housing and clothing are his responsibilities. Of course if for some reason he doesn't have then that's a different thing entirely.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Canisma(m): 8:07am On Jan 15, 2011
When it comes to romance, there is a cold war between guys and ladies, hence the frequent mud-slinging (girls are golddiggers !, men are dogs! ) Most men go into relationships for sex while most women go into it for money. Both genders hate to see it that way, yet they cant do without each other. I think the ultimate aim is to be loved for who we are and not because of sex or money, but we are all selfish beings, how can this be possible. The panacea should be; Guys, bring on the money ~ ladies, get ready for sex. But if u cant stand this heat, get out of the kitchen. The principle is QUOD PRO QUO. Let the game continue.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Jenifa1: 8:08am On Jan 15, 2011
i.i jst met a fine full figured sexy sister some 2 days back, she doesnt even know ma surname and now shes asking me for funds for ne stuff or d other,

next time, look for an ugly, figureless babe. abi? lol  grin
someone to match your bank account.

to me, girls go for money in the same vein men go for looks.
so both genders are shallow!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by fstranger1: 8:36am On Jan 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

next time, look for an ugly, figureless babe. abi? lol  grin
someone to match your bank account.

to me, girls go for money in the same[b] vein men go for looks[/b].
so both genders are shallow!

Thats not true

I only look for someone with a puccy.

Everything else is secondary!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Jenifa1: 8:47am On Jan 15, 2011
^ good for you.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by fstranger1: 8:48am On Jan 15, 2011
^^^^

Do you have one?

And how tight? The tighter the better
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by googles: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

its a new year Fstranger . . . be nice mahn tongue
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Africanqueen2(f): 9:18am On Jan 15, 2011
Most guys are d cost of this. . . They'll put money for front with big talks and stuff. . . What'd you expect the girl to do? Then when she ask for small thing you'll say that girl is a gold digger.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by 1one: 9:39am On Jan 15, 2011
@Altreides
So assuming it's fitting and proper that a guy should fix all these numerous needs of yours, As a lady of what benefit are you to the guy, what value do you add to the guy's Life.

I Don't mean to be derogatory or bashful but I often ask myself what use is a woman to a guy especially for guys that don't snack on sex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What You Dislike About Yourself....come In & Share.... / Nigerian Men Should Impregnate Us Else We Will Protest ~ Nigerian Military Women / Would You Reject Expensive Gift From An Admirer For Cheap One From Your Lover?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.