Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? (17521 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / Attitudes Guys Display When They Have Been Lured, Duped & Dumped By Gold Diggers / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by LordReed(m): 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2011
@tensor777
kid reflect urself on wat this topic is about. Why do men quickly label women golddiggers? Because they made a financial demand of d men they involved wit? If dat is ur reason for calling her a golddigger pray tell wen do ur responsibilities kick in? Reflect kid n answer.
BTW where is d soul mate scripture? lol guys u counting fifth time n counting.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by AjanleKoko: 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2011
LOL@thread cheesy

A boy once asked a girl 'What kinda books do you like to read?' and the girl replied 'Cheque books!' grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 7:17pm On Jan 17, 2011
Bia Tensor,don't call my name again. God knows i have tried to reason with you,but it just aint werking. I have said repeatedly that even though they are HIS RESPONSIBILITIES,i will help out if i am so inclined,and if for some reason he doesn't have,i will gladly help out,but i guess you refused to see that part. If you think i'm cold and calculating,continue thinking it,s'ogbo? Why should i care? It does not remove a cubit from my life-span. Yes,i am militant,i am incorrigible,calculating and anything else you would like to add. Are you happy now? You are free to have your opinion,just as i am free to have mine. That we don't agree does not give you the righ to get personal or insultive. Biko don't call my name again. Let's agree to disagree and let it end there.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2011
AjanleKoko:

LOL@thread cheesy

A boy once asked a girl 'What kinda books do you like to read?' and the girl replied 'Cheque books!' grin
LOOOl. . Cheque book indeed. . Btw-Your username reminds me of one yoruba song. It sounds something like this: "Ajankolokolo,E shin shin l'ori". grin grin It's about hair. . Do you know it?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2011
Phate07:

Badosky, how far with that last gold mine? Has he dried up? undecided tongue tongue

no hes hasnt dem dey re-mine , hes speaking platinum now
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2011
lol poor tensor grin grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by LordReed(m): 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2011
@Atreides
yeah pity the poor kid all his friends are home from d playground so he's got noone to play wit except dat girl he has a crush on so he's got to pull her hair lol Kids lol
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2011
Atreides:

Bia Tensor,don't call my name again. God knows i have tried to reason with you,but it just aint werking. I have said repeatedly that even though they are HIS RESPONSIBILITIES,i will help out[b] if i am so inclined[/b],and if for some reason he doesn't have,i will gladly help out,but i guess you refused to see that part. If you think i'm cold and calculating,continue thinking it,s'ogbo? Why should i care? It does not remove a cubit from my life-span. Yes,i am militant,i am incorrigible,calculating and anything else you would like to add. Are you happy now? You are free to have your opinion,just as i am free to have mine. That we don't agree does not give you the righ to get personal or insultive. Biko don't call my name again. Let's agree to disagree and let it end there.
No issues there only that you are going down the wrong path.Not so much by your childish position but by the sheer rigidity and militancy which I can discern from them. sad sad sad
The thing is that you cannot and should not put any condition or stipulation in helping out your spouse.
You say that you have not been burnt but there must be a deep-seated reason for you to attach such conditions to assisting YOUR OWN husband except I am missing something.
Anyway what you are talking about is not marriage in the true sense of the world but merely a partnership. In a true marriage you are not supposed to hold ANYTHING back. cool
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 8:09pm On Jan 17, 2011
I thought i said you should not call my name again? How difficult is that? I am childish,militant,rigid,etc etc. Feel free to keep thinking worreva you wanna think. Whatever floats your boat/fries your dodo jare. Let's agree to disagree and end this,biko.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 17, 2011
Atreides:

I thought i said you should not call my name again? How difficult is that? I am childish,militant,rigid,etc etc. Feel free to keep thinking worreva you wanna think. Whatever floats your boat/fries your dodo jare. Let's agree to disagree and end this,biko.
There is not a chance of that happening as I have every right to challenge anyone here who is putting forth a twisted doctrine as to what a marriage should be.
You are not kidding yourself that you would get away with spouting your childish views here?? undecided
That notwithstanding I sincerely hope that you would take all the advice we've given you here to heart and change your militant mindset. cool
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On Jan 17, 2011
Atreides,

So if your husband have and he provides, What would be your own contribution to the family?

WHat would you contribute from your own salary to the running of the family? Nothing?

Good and hope you dont complain when the husband trample on you and regards you just as a "Baby making machine"
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 17, 2011
Atreides:

On the other hand and on a more positive note regard this thread as being informational and educational. It really is up to you to accept and digest the advise we guys have given you here or continue listening to sour spinsters and proceed on a self-destructive path.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by koolchicco: 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2011
dayokanu:

If the guy also gives you emotional support, his time, his energy etc in return Is that not enough?

Whats wrong with you buying him credit, gifts etc

I believe if giving and receiving are equal and opposite. No one would call you a gold digger.

If you are not handicapped or disabled why should you expect another human being to take care of you.

If you claim you love him unconditionally, why should gift or financial support be compulsory?

Aint saying she's a gold digger, but she aint messing with a broke nigga
dayokanu:

Atreides,

So if your husband have and he provides, What would be your own contribution to the family?

WHat would you contribute from your own salary to the running of the family? Nothing?

Good and hope you dont complain when the husband trample on you and regards you just as a "Baby making machine"

Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2011
[b]Ok so first of all,this isn't about me. I don't even date,much less sleep with people. The only way i'd get pregnant would be through an immaculate conception or something. So this isn't about me;it's really about my friend. She's not my best friend but we're pretty close,and a few days ago she told me something pretty major-that she was pregnant,and i don't really know how to handle it. We both finished sec school this year,oops,last year(i'm still getting used to 2011),we both made Jamb and Waec,we both got into the same Uni. It was supposed to be me and her all the way to final year. That was the plan,and now she just gets herself pregnant? She was asking me for advice. What the heck was i supposed to say? I couldn't tell her to get rid of it-Abortion goes against everything i believe in,who i am as a person. And am i supposed to tell her to keep it? We're just 17!(ok well i still have a few months to go,but you get the point). I knew she had a boyfriend and i was okay with that;i don't judge-just because i don't date doesn't mean someone else shouldn't. But this pregnancy thing is a whole different ball game. She said he was her first,and that it wasn't planned-she went to his place,they were making out,she got carried away and it just happened. I was so dissapointed and confused,and at this point,i don't even know what to do. I can't just ignore her,but i can't hold her hand when she gets an abortion either. Things are just really awkward between us-like her pregnancy is this big rock that's obstructing the flow of the river of our friendship. What should i do? P.s-Sorry for the long post.[/b]

You wrote this some time ago Atreides saying it was not about you. undecided Anyway I THOUGHT AS MUCH THAT YOU HAVE GOT BURNT and contrary to what most people think school girls in Nigeria particularly Lagos are sexually active.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 9:07pm On Jan 17, 2011
Oh jeez. What part of 'My friend' didn't you get? And i never said most Nigerian school-goers are not sexually active,i said I'M not sexually active. Wtf? Stop Nl stalking me dude. . Do not twist the facts to fit your theories. Do not see things where there are none. Sometimes,'My friend' really means my friend. I do not get why it's so hard for you to understand that we have different beliefs. There doesn't have to be some profound reason,we just don't have the same beliefs. Finish Nl stalking me and then you'll see that i am completely pro-life;i don't believe in abortion and that was the source of conflict between me and my friend and what she did. Bros,leave me alone!!!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2011
^^^Probably Atreides just probably. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 9:14pm On Jan 17, 2011
tensor777:

^^^Probably Atreides just probably. undecided undecided undecided
Again,believe worreva you wanna believe. Whatever helps you sleep at night bro. And kindly stop Nl stalking me,k? Biko,leave me alone,aight?
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by fstranger1: 9:15pm On Jan 17, 2011
Atreides:

Again,believe worreva you wanna believe. Whatever helps you sleep at night bro. And kindly stop Nl stalking me,k? Biko,leave me alone,aight?

Touche!

The hunted has become the hunter
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2011
fstranger1:

Touche!

The hunted has become the hunter
Lool. . I don't want to get into one of those huge Nl brawls. I just wish he'd leave me alone. P.s-Stranger is this really you? Why'd you dissappear in the afternoon? I know-it was those girls,I.d and Miss Jamo. . She said you don't like her. .
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by fstranger1: 9:22pm On Jan 17, 2011
Atreides:

Lool. . I don't want to get into one of those huge Nl brawls. I just wish he'd leave me alone. P.s-Stranger is this really you? Why'd you dissappear in the afternoon? I know-it was those girls,I.d and Miss Jamo. . She said you don't like her. .

It is still afternoon here where I am here in NJ!

Yeah, I disappeared because I needed to run some errands. Now I am back.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 17, 2011
PEOPLE LET'S STICK TO THE TOPIC:

THE POSTER IS NOT ATTACKING ALL MEN, SHE IS SIMPLY TALKING TO THOSE WHO ENTICE WOMEN WITH MATERIAL THINGS AND GO BASED ON LOOKS ONLY TO COMPLAIN WHEN THEY CANNOT PULL THROUGH! THESE MEN THEN GO ON AND ACCUSE ALL WOMEN OF BEING GOLD DIGGERS WHEN ALL WE WANT TO A PROVIDER, AND FOR US TO COMFORTABLY PLAY THE ROLE AS THE NURTURER. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. MALE EGO TRIPPING MEN, PLEASE SHARRAP ALREADY!!!!! angry
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Atreides(f): 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2011
@stranger,ok. . It's night here sha. @MDS,be careful oh. Verra soon some people will start attacking you.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by LordReed(m): 9:48pm On Jan 17, 2011
@Atreides
Lil sis don't bother replying these guys are so full of themselves dat other peoples opinion don't count. Until u agree dat u'll give all your pocket money to your bf n all your earnings to your hubby dey won't let u b cos all dey undastand money n sex so just take a chill pill n let us check dem back wen dey are married men ok? lol
@tensor777
do u have ADD? u neva respond to questions except to grand stand. smh
BTW sixth time am gonna ask where d soul mate scripture or u don lost your bible? lol
Atreides hope u didn't take juniors bible? lol
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by LordReed(m): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2011
@MDS
Try reasoning wit a brick wall cos u might have a beta chance of success os these guy ain't here to hear n speak, their minds are closed up tighter dan fort knox.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by moonraker(m): 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

PEOPLE LET'S STICK TO THE TOPIC:

THE POSTER IS NOT ATTACKING ALL MEN, SHE IS SIMPLY TALKING TO THOSE WHO ENTICE WOMEN WITH MATERIAL THINGS AND GO BASED ON LOOKS ONLY TO COMPLAIN WHEN THEY CANNOT PULL THROUGH! THESE MEN THEN GO ON AND ACCUSE ALL WOMEN OF BEING GOLD DIGGERS WHEN ALL WE WANT TO A PROVIDER, AND FOR US TO COMFORTABLY PLAY THE ROLE AS THE NURTURER. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. MALE EGO TRIPPING MEN, PLEASE SHARRAP ALREADY!!!!! angry

erm, i beg to differ, the vibe i got was that all men but if this is the case then if the poster had explained it the way u just did,

maybe, just maybe we wouldnt be having this conversation, instead, the poster went on a rampage by sending the signal

that the guy has to do this and that. By the grace of God, i am in a relationship and my gf dont need to ask me shit before

i give it to her. i spoil her when i can and shes ok with that, it shdnt be by force, its comes naturally, if you love your partner,

you did do anything to make her happy, as a matter of fact, i think this thread is a complete waste of bandwidth,
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by SALady(f): 3:05pm On Jan 18, 2011
tensor777:

How is she right?

@tensor777 I would've liked to respond but I realize @Mr Cock has already taken care of it.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by 79733139(m): 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2011
WE WOULD NOT CALL U BI.T.C.H.E.S sorry WOMEN GOLD DIGGERS AGAIN! END OF DISCUSSION! GO AND LOOK FOR YOUR MUGU sorry PRINCE CHARMING!!!
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2011
SA Lady:

@tensor777 I would've liked to respond but I realize @Mr Cock has already taken care of it.
And what exactly has what Cork replied got to do with your flippant response to what Big Man wrote
d bigrod:

[size=10pt]@poster,
someone said dat u are 17yrs.no wonder.u sound so immature.all these u are spewing = shi!t.i`ll advice u wait till u have a boyfriend b4 u start listing  all u want.u better seek for advice from babes older than u cos u are not even mature enough to think properly.if a guy is gonna give u all that u want,what will u offer in the relationship?dont tell  me dat its just punn!y cos its readily available everywhere.am sure u must have conceived this crazy idea of yours in your secondary school hostel? baby,life is tougher than u think.let me be real with u.guys will f!uck u and not drop a naira. am sure u think am crazy but thats d truth.pls concentrate on passing your ssce,jamb and co b4 concentrating on men.i wish u get a gud guy when u are mature enough to have a boyfriend.i pray u dont get a guy like me cos i`ll f!uck u and still not give u anything.the thing wey u get,thousands of babes get am too.
These words sound like the heartfelt advice of a player and is actually the reality in Lagos. Or maybe  as you're  a foreigner, that's why you don't know what you are talking about. undecided
Just don't lead youngsters here astray okay.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 18, 2011
moonraker:

erm, i beg to differ, the vibe i got was that all men but if this is the case then if the poster had explained it the way u just did,

maybe, just maybe we wouldnt be having this conversation, instead, the poster went on a rampage by sending the signal

that the guy has to do this and that. By the grace of God, i am in a relationship and my gf dont need to ask me poo before

i give it to her. i spoil her when i can and shes ok with that, it shdnt be by force, its comes naturally, if you love your partner,

you did do anything to make her happy, as a matter of fact, i think this thread is a complete waste of bandwidth,

I understand but she didn't say all men tho. take a moment, breathe LOL! grin
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by SALady(f): 8:46am On Jan 19, 2011
tensor777:

And what exactly has what Cork replied got to do with your flippant response to what Big Man wrote These words sound like the heartfelt advice of a player and is actually the reality in Lagos. Or maybe  as you're  a foreigner, that's why you don't know what you are talking about. undecided
Just don't lead youngsters here astray okay.

Shame I see confusion and anger is creeping in. Its @Atreides, you and this Big Man of yours shall see to finish. eeerrrr! about Cock's reply men with little or no money will be quick to label girls gold diggers, simple. They are very very angry too and this is where it gets complicated. Watch that space.
Re: Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? by Mygoldie(f): 8:57am On Jan 19, 2011
@OP, good question,
some men tend to label women as goldiggers because,these sort of men are so poor and frightened that they might loose their women because of their inability to take care of their women's needs,that is why they jump to conclusion and see women as goldiggers.

I repeat,any man who calls a woman a goldigger,when she haven't even ask anything from him, is a POOR wretched man who's too scared to admit that he's insufficient. Fact!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

What You Dislike About Yourself....come In & Share.... / My Dangerous Encounter With A Girl / What I Went Through For 2years All Because Of Raw Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.