Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. (75152 Views)

My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by VanillaIyce(f): 11:36pm On May 16, 2020
stanliwise:
He should lay low and humble himself which means he shouldn’t go on a reactive mode and he shouldn’t violently act out. He can call his mother friend or anyone especially religious person to help him beg but please please he should never ever fuel his mom suspicion of him being a thief. Having a bad name is worst dent on a person personality to future success in life. A good name is better than silver and gold. To live a life where ones parent has conviction their son is a thief is a terrible life to live. That life is meant for those who are born-thief asin those one that has it in their DNA that stealing must be the way of life and they don’t care. But for anyone who wants a good future that last thing you can do is to have a bad name.

This is one reason I can fight anyone no matter who you are or how influential you are. As soon as you make me bad in the public I will fight you till my last blood, or I will live that area for Good. I can take any shit from anyone but not people who compromise my integrity.
well said
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by cruzydal(m): 11:37pm On May 16, 2020
Xclusiveme:

And u think if he finally makes that money he would still be with his mum. He might definitely abandon her
Let’s be realistic he won’t . If he makes some money for himself his mum won’t be bothered about small money getting missing cause she knows it’s not you . Once mothers start giving you that vibe the only option is to be successful
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by omobacyprus(m): 11:39pm On May 16, 2020
samicine:
Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.
WhatsApp me I'll help you create an approved Upwork for free. You should be able to earn something good with your writing and web designing skills.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Chitonny: 11:41pm On May 16, 2020
Which state are u residing? If Lagos reachout to me I can help
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by erikcantona: 11:42pm On May 16, 2020
Oluromantic:

21 is not too old to stay with his parent

After they'll say guys are bashing girls too much on this forum. Is there sense in what this one said now?

She left her sense at home,lol
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by explosiveskull(m): 11:44pm On May 16, 2020
Ishilove:
Samicine, be patient. No parent is perfect and some have them even worse than you. Manage the woman like that until you can stand on your feet because where do you want to go to with 19k? Is that for tfare or recharge card?

Humble yourself, swallow the crap and use it to build emotional muscle for the task ahead which will be coming up in a couple of years.

@OP samicine
This is the best answer to this your condition now. The very best for now, I've been in your shoes though during mine I actually did steal the money but no one threatened to throw me out but I knew it was wrong but I needed money but was not working.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by ayimobassey: 11:44pm On May 16, 2020
My own is, everyone has their own destiny and they are some people that stayed with their parents even to the age of 30, looking at it, when you are above 18 already they may be some things your parents will say to you and you won't like it, so if you don't like what your mother is doing to you, you can leave, because some people are worst when they get angry, it's better you starve yourself and hustle and make it and finally come and take care of your mother than to one day out of anger insult her, she may curse you
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by authentic18: 11:49pm On May 16, 2020
Davash222:
Let her threats always be a motivation for you to get your own apartment so you can move out.

These are one of the techniques African mothers use to ostracize the spirit of laziness in their sons. No too reason am.

God bless all mothers.
Oga stop yarning rubbish in 2020. Where do you see the opportunities in this Buhari period with all the hardship going on. Even after graduation I make money online from a company in the USA. Even high school teachers earning 50k still struggle to pay 200k or more comfortable rent. Nigeria is harder than ever before. A major percent of our youths are into yahoo

Some parents can be just heartless and ignorant. You didn’t give him or train him with tangible life skills to survive and you just want to throw him out. Nigeria in the 80’s and now are not the same at all
How many people earn 100k or $300 in a month in this country because of evil leaders we have

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by xrayj(m): 11:49pm On May 16, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear
Do u have sense at all??
Where will a 20 yr old kid be staying in this pandemic, if not with his parents? Where were u at 20? The way u people reason at times is shocking!

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by AmeLonRo(m): 11:49pm On May 16, 2020
You and your mum should read proverbs 17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2LfkJMaEtY
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Slynation(m): 11:49pm On May 16, 2020
Ishilove:
Samicine, be patient. No parent is perfect and some have them even worse than you. Manage the woman like that until you can stand on your feet because where do you want to go to with 19k? Is that for tfare or recharge card?

Humble yourself, swallow the crap and use it to build emotional muscle for the task ahead which will be coming up in a couple of years.
You have spoken well.... Sometimes it's like people on this platform reason via their anus, telling a young boy with 19k in his account to leave his mother's house and get his own apartment... #Ike gwuru

God knows if i were to be an admin here, I will ban a lot of people for not having sense...

3 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Arizonaz: 11:49pm On May 16, 2020
May God see you through ... I will advice you not to leave home. Patience is virtue . There is a reason for everything that happens in our lives . Each one of us has a story to tell.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by explosiveskull(m): 11:51pm On May 16, 2020
Classworked:

A person may leave his parent's house by will , because of necessity or because of a desire for freedom a parent may not grant.

Leaving by will means the young individual packs up , moves out and struggles to earn a living without the support of his parents.

Leaving because of necessity means the individual has to get an apartment in a different town because he doesn't want to stay in his school's hostel (for formal education) or his master does not provide shelter for apprentices (for skill acquisition) . In this case family provides support and the lad may visit during festive periods. Technically, the Lad is still a dependent of his parents but doesn't live with them. Infact all NYSC students live alone for one year until their service year elapses and they cannot find a job. That's how graduates who once lived alone return to their parents .

Those who leave because of freedom leave to partake in illicit activities or to live together with the love of their lives especially when their parents wouldn't welcome such cohabitation.

"The west" is vague and broad. In the United States, Students who leave "by will" usually do so because their parents cannot afford the cost of tertiary education. They get Students loans which they go to school with and live to pay for the rest of their lives if they do not get a big break. Such Loans are not available in Nigeria and many of those who take such Loans abroad would rather a Nigerian system where a member of their extended family sponsored their education.

An intelligent young man whose father owns a duplex in the town he works would rather a neat car than a
500k rent a year. Such wise person will build a house faster because he has utilized his scarce resources and at the same time enjoyed free food , free accommodation and restriction from cohabitating with a lover who may drain his resources. That's a wise economic decision.
I don't have a formal statistic to back this up but as a person from a family with few properties to rent and lease, I'll tell you that the best group of people to rent one's real property are Salary earners and people above the age of 25 in entrepreneurship. Through out my 10 years of understanding the landlord business there was no under -30 tenant from a poor family who paid his second rent on time.
It's not about saying you paid rent at the age of 15. The first rent is the easiest to pay. If you do not meet your landlord 1 week after its expiration, then you have no reason to shade those who have patience and a long term plan of leaving their parents when they "Can really" stand on their own.

It's not about leaving your parents , the poor and innocent Almajiri kids you all despise left their parents at even younger ages. The big question is if Nigeria offers same opportunities as the West. One wonders why we doubt the ages of our sportsmen.

@OP samicine
This is another one here.
Very apt.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 16, 2020
I disowned my parents at 16. Looking back on how far I have come, it was the best decision I ever made . It won't be easy out there,but it will make you stronger as a man.

But don't try leaving the house if you can't live alone by yourself. I mean if you still depend on the opinion of others to validate your self esteem, don't try this. You won't survive it. The street ain't smiling. It is serious war out there, and men are endangered specie.

Move to your school town, and start up a service business like barbering saloon with gaming and recharge cards sales. It will give you money to pay bills every day, buy books and pay school fees. Your present husstle will be an advantage.

Discuss with your dad,he might help with part of the bills. . Becoming a man is never easy. So the earlier you start, the better for you.

Lastly, run from women. They will ruin your psychology, including your mum. Run very far from her, but do not stop loving her. She acts in ignorance, but don't let her ignorance ruin your destiny. Future apologies won't fix the damage.

My parents didn't know how I made it through school. It wasn't easy, but grace saved this stubborn head. But I got my self esteem back.

Guess what! They later came to stylishly apologize after I made it through law school and service. This was after a failed attempt to spread rumours about me that I was into rituals and criminalities. I understood their point, because they were shocked how God saw me through.

3 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by AmeLonRo(m): 11:53pm On May 16, 2020
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 16, 2020
Davash222:
Let her threats always be a motivation for you to get your own apartment so you can move out.

These are one of the techniques African mothers use to ostracize the spirit of laziness in their sons. No too reason am.

God bless all mothers.

I wonder this rubbish comment got so many likes.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:54pm On May 16, 2020
From the op"s writeup it's obvious his parent aren't together, just might be that she is taking out her fraustration on him cos of what his dad might have done to her. He claimed she had accused him severally and even physically punished him in the past, only to find out the trust later but never apologised from wrongly beating him. samicine maybe when ever your mom looks at you, all she sees is your dad and she becomes hostile. This could simply be a case of emotional turture, due to the emotional pains she may have experienced in the marriage. Just like we've seen or heard case of father's emotionally punishing children's whose mother died while birthing them. It is very wrong of her non the less, if your dad's place is convenient move there if you eventually decide to leave, if it isn't stay with your mom and finish your education. God be with you
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 16, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

You are a thief!!!!

You stole your mum's 2k and you still had the guts to post it here.
Why did you play Aja ere with it, stop paying visual with your mum's hard-earned money.

The next time you use your mum's andriod phone to post comments on NL, you'd be arrested and put in a juvenile remand.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by explosiveskull(m): 11:55pm On May 16, 2020
WeRblessed:
I dont know how it works in Nigeria, but after 18 years you should stop being your parents' responsibility. Therefore, you need to move out, rent your own apartment, pay your own car note and insurance. Your parents should have already removed you from their health insurance if you are not currently in college. In fact, some parents will literally pack your things ready waiting for you on your high school graduation day. The next day, you need to move out. Dont ask me why please. Such is life.
@OP samicine
Neglect and ignore this comment with reckless abandon. This one has no existence of sense in it comparing the west where things work with Nigeria where things thrive and barely work.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by DaBillionnaire: 11:58pm On May 16, 2020
BigJoe19:
Donate your mother as Covid-19 relieve fund, any woman that cannot believe her child is a nuisance to the society.

With your explanation your mum is single, she and your dad don't stay together anymore, I hope you have noticed that since your dad left your mum his life has been better, I advise you do same. A man that dwells with a toxic and bitter woman would never become great.

Find a group of trusted friends and stay with, hustle day and night, make your family proud.

Good luck.

Savage u are
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by cooltola(m): 11:59pm On May 16, 2020
just face your study, work hard and prepare. 21 is not too old to stay in your parents house as long you going the right path. Most 21 years old stay at home with parent. It is better to stay at home , save up enough money so you can rent or buy or build your home. If you were 29 years old, then your case might be different
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by BABSSSOO(m): 12:00am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear
when you were twenty years of age did you live alone? instead make you give the boy good advice you day there dey talk anyhow, if him go outside,go dey mingle with the wrong set of people nko?

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by CONFAMA: 12:01am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:

Why not shut up if you don't have any sensible thing to say. The whole world is on lockdown and you're asking why he is staying with his mum. Maybe you can offer him your accommodation undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by princepalace: 12:02am On May 17, 2020
from ur statement, you are not humble and at the same time not pitiful. if money is missing, there is a way you will address and talk to your mum that will convince her that you are innocent. nothing stops you from opening up to ur mum about the money you are having. Giving her all the money in form of assistance in this corona period will change her narrative about you. the bond and love between you will change. I can see her praying for you in a special way which could change your fortune in life. Dont let her curse you with your attitude. it is bad. dont leave your house or else you will regret in life
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Biafranguy1(m): 12:06am On May 17, 2020
Go and hustle guy And stop eating mummy thank you. grin
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by guvna(m): 12:07am On May 17, 2020
strive to be successful and see what your mum says then...
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Gee64: 12:08am On May 17, 2020
I have two words for you...be patient!

You write fairly well.

Can you do love story for me at N0.5 per word....I mean, original content that can be checked and proven?

WhatsApp number(chat only): ZERO SEVEN ZERO EIGHT FOUR SEVEN NINE THREE ZERO SEVEN EIGHT
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by BabbanBura(m): 12:09am On May 17, 2020
BigJoe19:
Donate your mother as Covid-19 relieve fund, any woman that cannot believe her child is a nuisance to the society.

With your explanation your mum is single, she and your dad don't stay together anymore, I hope you have noticed that since your dad left your mum his life has been better, I advise you do same. A man that dwells with a toxic and bitter woman would never become great.

Find a group of trusted friends and stay with, hustle day and night, make your family proud.

Good luck.

You must be so stupid to dish out this trash by simply hearing one side of the story, same are the people dishing you likes.
For her to repeatedly accuse him tells you he must have build a refutation of lack of integrity and trust.

Except if he tells me that the mother is a step mum, then I wont be in a hurry to bury the mum.

It is very hard to believe anyone with a track record of terrible refutation. He could be the problem.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by bigl: 12:12am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.

Hell yeah! She wants u outta the damn house brova!

So man up!

You have what it takes to sustain a family!

Just try to up your game and make good money from your skills!

MOve out and become a successful person and watch as she will change her testimony!
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by iosasbabe: 12:22am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

Can you come stay with me .... n let’s be sisters
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by iosasbabe: 12:23am On May 17, 2020
samicine:

Can you come n stay with me ... let’s be sisters
I hate when mother act this way .....
WhatsApp only o
08133663226.... chat me up
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by SmartyPants(m): 12:25am On May 17, 2020
vanida6:

From why leave to pay back (what he did not steal) and leave.

If you are not sure what you want to say please allow the young man be.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Pregnant Women Craving For Weird Things / Paul Okoye Blasts Davido For Calling Those Who Attended His Birthday Party Pussy / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.