Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. (75153 Views)

My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Oluromantic: 10:53pm On May 16, 2020
chioma2020:

Everyone has the right to his own opinion.
So that's an opinion to you?

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by cruzydal(m): 10:54pm On May 16, 2020
dokiOloye:

The only sense you made was in your 2nd sentence.
How can you say you love what d mum is doing?
Do you know emotional abuse can damage people for life and make them unable to have normal relationships with people forever?
It’s not always rosy . Let him make money I swear his mum’s attitude would change instantly .
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Goalnaldo(m): 10:54pm On May 16, 2020
konchesky01:
You have 19k in your account.

Please do giveaway nw
shocked grin
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by VanillaIyce(f): 10:55pm On May 16, 2020
stanliwise:
There is a point of no giving her the 2k and that point is what is called integrity.
Integrity = to your life.

If you fail at integrity you may never get anywhere in life, it is fine when you avoid trouble but when at the expense of your integrity then it is worth you keep the trouble.

Op should just stand his ground that he didn’t steal the money and he knows nothing about it, if the mother wants 2k, he can help but not giving her 2k to confirm her suspicions. If you go this route you will have a lot of things that would trap you in the future especially when it involves your mom trusting you. E.g inheritance, recommending you to someone etc
in all honesty I understood you but that boy moving out in these times of hardship and scarcity especially in Lagos that getting a house is very expensive how much more feeding, what do you suppose he does.one day the mom will find out the truth but for nowhe should pipe low.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Kayglobal: 10:55pm On May 16, 2020
samicine:
Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.
from my own observation,i think your mum is depressed she needs a companinon, you can br their for her,talk to her encourage her like a matured son,like wht you study at the school psychologycally something is missing from your mum.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by SeriouslySense(m): 10:55pm On May 16, 2020
Yes to some extent, it should be able to help him develop coping strategies to deal wit the stressors.
officialfysh:
The course you’re studying should be able to help you manage situations like this
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by dheolexaone(f): 10:57pm On May 16, 2020
Guess u must have heard about the quote, no pain, no gain severally!

One thing that u have to understand and learn to live with is the fact that u r in Nigeria.
Endure the pain till u finish ur school. This should be a motivation to success for u.
As for your mum, she can't change n u can't wish her dead. Rather do urself some good by forgiving her in ur heart so that u can have a peace of mind within urself n in ur life.
It's not easy dear but u have to. She brought u to the world.

Save whatever u have got for the future till u r independent enough to stand on ur own.

My dear, d world will push u out wt advices and still condemn u for listening to it. So wake up from ur slumber n give in ur best shot to put ur ears off whatever she says.

Every cloud out there have got a silver linen
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Amarabae(f): 10:58pm On May 16, 2020
samicine:

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.
Am so sorry to hear this, She is still your mother and she loves you dearly.
the threat of throwing you out, she doesn't mean it, she wants to create a fear factor.
Talk to your church pastor if she is a Christian,
and also talk to any of your maternal relative that she respects,
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Danielkupiejo: 10:58pm On May 16, 2020
All wot u typed is rubbish if u dont know how they run things in Nigeria why are you on nairaland abi dis one mumu ni? , didn't you see where his mom is accusing him of 2k, doss that not prove to you that he is from average or poor family. Which oyubo, una go dey talk like say we no dey hear news. A lot of white kids still lice wit dere parents wen dey are above 18, 18 dere only make dem an adult to claim things demselves work and have freedom and if dey can't fend demsev dey will still live with dere parent
WeRblessed:
I dont know how it works in Nigeria, but after 18 years you should stop being your parents' responsibility. Therefore, you need to move out, rent your own apartment, pay your own car note and insurance. Your parents should have already removed you from their health insurance if you are not currently in college. In fact, some parents will literally pack your things ready waiting for you on your high school graduation day. The next day, you need to move out. Dont ask me why please. Such is life.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by jamesbridget13(f): 10:58pm On May 16, 2020
Just endure but try this method. Write her a very touching letter n drop it on top d bed for her to see. Make sure the letter is touching in such a way that she will feel bad about her actions n shed tears
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by miketayo(m): 10:59pm On May 16, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So what age no b parent responsibility? Personally we should have a law that grants 18 yrs the freedom to leave home and be independent if they want just like d west.

No one will complain if ur parent grant u freedom at 18, but which legal work do u want to do at 18, over 60% of d people at that age r either in uni, sec sch, jambite or just roaming d streets.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:59pm On May 16, 2020
For peace to reign, find 2k and pay her back. Don't rush to go elsewhere to stay. Just endure till you graduate and after your youth service you can spread your wings and fly away. Your mother is still very bitter that your dad is not with her anymore. Be smart baba
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Queenserah26(f): 11:00pm On May 16, 2020
Exactly
Ningen:
Harsher reality awaits out there.
If you want to fly, grow wings first.

You've 2 or 3 years to graduation.
Stay put, cope and get your degree.

Spread your wings & fly out during your NYSC.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Elbizzcklinz(m): 11:00pm On May 16, 2020
samicine:

Send me a DM, let's talk.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Obito555(m): 11:00pm On May 16, 2020
My little advice is to stay with her just to finish your school, start playing some important roles like buying some food stuff for the family if u got the money, if u do so she wont even think u stole the money since u have started buying something home wish u best of luck in your decisions
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 16, 2020
Davash222:
Let her threats always be a motivation for you to get your own apartment so you can move out.

These are one of the techniques African mothers use to ostracize the spirit of laziness in their sons. No too reason am.

God bless all mothers.

Rubbish!!
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Xclusiveme: 11:02pm On May 16, 2020
Call ur mum to the room, sit her down and tell her u feel sad for what she's always doing to u. Mummy don't u think this would have an effect on me psychologically. I'm not a thief mum. Show her how u work online and earn. Show her u have passion for something, since u have 19k,send her the 2k and tell her God will justify you. From that day she will respect u. But trust Nigerian kids, dem no fit say i love u mama, talk more of doing what i mentioned. Guess that's how we were brought up. Lol

2 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by stanliwise(m): 11:02pm On May 16, 2020
VanillaIyce:
in all honesty I understood you but that boy moving out in these times of hardship and scarcity especially in Lagos that getting a house is very expensive how much more feeding, what do you suppose he does.one day the mom will find out the truth but for nowhe should pipe low.
He should lay low and humble himself which means he shouldn’t go on a reactive mode and he shouldn’t violently act out. He can call his mother friend or anyone especially religious person to help him beg but please please he should never ever fuel his mom suspicion of him being a thief. Having a bad name is worst dent on a person personality to future success in life. A good name is better than silver and gold. To live a life where ones parent has conviction their son is a thief is a terrible life to live. That life is meant for those who are born-thief asin those one that has it in their DNA that stealing must be the way of life and they don’t care. But for anyone who wants a good future that last thing you can do is to have a bad name.

This is one reason I can fight anyone no matter who you are or how influential you are. As soon as you make me bad in the public I will fight you till my last blood, or I will live that area for Good. I can take any shit from anyone but not people who compromise my integrity.

4 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by miketayo(m): 11:03pm On May 16, 2020
Modikko:
At 20 you are old enough to be on your own. Use that as a motivation to be the best you can be. Work hard and aim higher.

Not in Nigeria, is it the 19k he wants to use to rent a flat, he still has school fees to pay, and no job for even graduates in the country talkless of someone still in school. If u say business whr is the capital to start business.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by SeriouslySense(m): 11:04pm On May 16, 2020
Maybe you should try to understand the pyche of your mum and little brother, try to see how you can get them on your side, perhaps your mum is very stressed up and she is transferring some frustration to you, she could also have more stress or frustration during this lockdown, she must be thinking harder, now try to think about the hardest period she suffers from this mind frustration and what can be done to reduce it or prevent it.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Goalnaldo(m): 11:04pm On May 16, 2020
The day my mom said harsh words to me I nearly packed my bags to relocate to a friend's house but then realised that hunger will do me shege cry yes I still stay with them and I'm in my late 20s but Lord knows I have searched for Jobs. INEC, custom, immigration, UBA, fire service, CBN name it. I have knowledge of football blogging and recently a kind hearted nairalander taught us video text animations. Thanks as I anticipate patronage.

2 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Xclusiveme: 11:04pm On May 16, 2020
Davash222:
Let her threats always be a motivation for you to get your own apartment so you can move out.

These are one of the techniques African mothers use to ostracize the spirit of laziness in their sons. No too reason am.

God bless all mothers.

Com'mon he's just 20. Don't use that Yankee style on him. This is Nigeria
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 16, 2020
Davash222:

God bless all mothers.

Well, if you say so. I'll say African mothers are the biggest weaklings. How would you torture your child emotionally just because you want him to fend or be a man. Thats absurd.

If that's so, which African man has gained worldwide recognition or is still gaining worldwide recognition, rather they end up becoming desperate, and when they do something bad, the mother would be the first to raise fingers "I knew you were a bad boy, I knew you were no good"

My dear, my advice to you. If she doesn't want you in the house, then leave. And change your attitude towards your mum, she's only acting the way she's doing because inwardly you've been fighting and quarreling with her in your thoughts.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Xclusiveme: 11:05pm On May 16, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear

Aaah he's just 20

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by dauntless15(m): 11:07pm On May 16, 2020
KristaPretty:
Give her 2k let her leave you alone.
Some mothers are witches!
I pity your mum, hope you don't call the poor woman a witch whenever you feel stupid?

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by SeriouslySense(m): 11:08pm On May 16, 2020
You can see, it is not easy in Nigeria right now, so you must try to control the situation at home a bit, by some positive efforts, it could be some quick cleaning at home, it could be preparing food, i hope you can use psychology in a positive way to see how, you may be able to reduce the stress you mum is going through.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by miketayo(m): 11:08pm On May 16, 2020
WeRblessed:
I dont know how it works in Nigeria, but after 18 years you should stop being your parents' responsibility. Therefore, you need to move out, rent your own apartment, pay your own car note and insurance. Your parents should have already removed you from their health insurance if you are not currently in college. In fact, some parents will literally pack your things ready waiting for you on your high school graduation day. The next day, you need to move out. Dont ask me why please. Such is life.

Not all of them or most of them in US or UK atleast
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Xclusiveme: 11:08pm On May 16, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

You are a thief!!!!

You stole your mum's 2k and you still had the guts to post it here.
Why did you play Aja ere with it, stop paying visual with your mum's hard-earned money.

Don't be quick to judge
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by stanliwise(m): 11:08pm On May 16, 2020
miketayo:

Not in Nigeria, is it the 19k he wants to use to rent a flat, he still has school fees to pay, and no job for even graduates in the country talkless of someone still in school. If u say business whr is the capital to start business.
some people are not aware of current situation on ground, they just have a picture of a perfect world or a picture of some event that has occurred and they just dogmatically throw those principles to people to live on. They don’t think anything is unique and they are so head strong on considering their present situations either because they feel inferior or they feel life works like a mathematical formula. The funny thing is that they always think they are the tough guys grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Xclusiveme: 11:09pm On May 16, 2020
Aboks:

The bottom line is he still depends on his mother

Wtf are u even saying
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Froshloaded: 11:09pm On May 16, 2020
samicine:

Sorry about that bro sad
What's your wemedia name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Pregnant Women Craving For Weird Things / Paul Okoye Blasts Davido For Calling Those Who Attended His Birthday Party Pussy / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.