Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. (75217 Views)

My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Pauldollars(m): 11:10pm On May 16, 2020
samicine:
Greetings one and all. I'll try to make my lamentation as short as possible.

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.

When you get married, make sure you never allow your own children pass through what you're passing through.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Reckyd123(m): 11:10pm On May 16, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear

He's still in school and previous accusation turned out to be false.
Op' s post was written in simple English and was straight to the point. Haba
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Xclusiveme: 11:11pm On May 16, 2020
gunners160:
I put it to you that u are a thief or you have been a thief. Are u the only one in that house? Why are you always being singled out? I no even belief your story self because I can confidently say that you are one of those jobless youths who parade the streets disturbing people who carry out there activities

Don't be that way. Some parents blame their kid for unnecessary reason.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by SeriouslySense(m): 11:12pm On May 16, 2020
Also the economy is getting worse, I advise you to discover what really motivates you in your skills, and what Job you target or possible how you can be independent, this should be your main goal, dissociate yourself from the tension at home, just try some positive efforts to see how you can create a less toxic atmosphere at home because with a less toxic atmosphere and distancing yourself from it will give you more focus on your future goals.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 16, 2020
Don't move out yet until you're done with your education. Try as much as possible to get busy during the day to be out of sight so you can earn her respect.

The Lord is your strength.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by miketayo(m): 11:15pm On May 16, 2020
stanliwise:
some people are not aware of current situation on ground, they just have a picture of a perfect world or a picture of some event that has occurred and they just dogmatically throw those principles to people to live on. They don’t think anything is unique and they are so head strong on considering their present situations either because they feel inferior or they feel life works like a mathematically formula. The funny thing is that they always think they are the tough guys grin grin
Exactly
Most of them moved out for the wrong reasons(mostly for privacy with gf), zero real future plans, they r in debt all year, struggle to pay rent, eat once a day.
Barely surviving

2 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Xclusiveme: 11:15pm On May 16, 2020
Harrykn:

Yours is good oh.....
She's only asking about her money, not trying to throw you out because all these boys in 20's that have small change in account una too dey misbehave.

I so much hate reading senseless comments.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by SeriouslySense(m): 11:15pm On May 16, 2020
I will leave you with this quote by an African in southern Nigeria, "Success is not the material things you have acquired, but your satisfaction with Life".
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by AgainstIslam(f): 11:16pm On May 16, 2020
I read the comments from page 1 through page 3 and I see how most people avoided calling his mother names, some even went as far as rationalising her actions.

I wonder if it will be the same lenient comments if it were to be the father treating him like that.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 16, 2020
vanida6:
Shey no be u dey steal money why leave nah,,,if u leave dat means u re guilty,,,,infact why will a grown man like u been stayin in dsam place wit ur mum,,,just pay her 2k back nd find anoda place to enjoy ur life dear
Help him get an apartment na.Abi dem dey pluck money for tree?Even you,na man camp you for house dey knack your apako.Una just dey look for one single guy with apartment to trap with belle.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Kingadex199(m): 11:17pm On May 16, 2020
samicine:

My mother accused me of stealing her 2k, but I assure you, I didn't. The money got missing on Thursday night according to her and my 13 year old brother. I won't do such a thing, because the times are hard and the pandemic is fueling this hard times. I'm not lazy, I kind of work from home, I write for opera news hub and to some extent I get money from there, currently I have 19k in my account. I have no motive of taking her money, but she insists I took it, and is currently threatening to throw me out of the house.

This is not the first time such thing has happened. When I was still in secondary school, money got missing often and she'll blame me, beat me and starve me for stealing her money, but God helped me and the culprit was found, my other brother was caught, he is 18 now and doesn't stay with us anymore. He stays with my dad. She never apologized for what she did and the scars of that emotional and physical abuse still ripples across my body. But this time I'm not sure I will forgive her if the money is found. I'm planning on leaving home and starting my life somewhere, it's hard, it might just be my naivety speaking, but I need your advice.

The only skill I have is writing and web designing, which I'm almost getting good at. I just need help and guidance. I'm a 200level student and I major in psychology. I'll be 21 by November.
are u sure she's ur mom?try to confirm coz that was how my step mum treat me.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Xclusiveme: 11:18pm On May 16, 2020
cruzydal:

Look nobody is competing with you . See ur mentality 20 years is parent responsibility when your mates abroad at that age have moved out and even gotten a car . Op the only way to impress your mum is to make money . Forget this rubbish this ass*ole quoted me . Make money and you would turn to her loving son . She is tired of u . Go and make money

You're so silly in your comment
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Happyguy201: 11:20pm On May 16, 2020
she should have thrown you out long time ago . immediately you turned 18 your already an adult
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 16, 2020
cruzydal:

Look nobody is competing with you . See ur mentality 20 years is parent responsibility when your mates abroad at that age have moved out and even gotten a car . Op the only way to impress your mum is to make money . Forget this rubbish this ass*ole quoted me . Make money and you would turn to her loving son . She is tired of u . Go and make money
You can't compare abroad with Nigeria.This country is shitt.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Salmom: 11:22pm On May 16, 2020
Goalnaldo:
The day my mom said harsh words to me I nearly packed my bags to relocate to a friend's house but then realised that hunger will do me shege cry yes I still stay with them and I'm in my late 20s but Lord knows I have searched for Jobs. INEC, custom, immigration, UBA, fire service, CBN name it. I have knowledge of football blogging and recently a kind hearted nairalander taught us video text animations. Thanks as I anticipate patronage.
I feel your pain bro. I pray your dreams come through
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by miqos02(m): 11:22pm On May 16, 2020
samicine:

Hmmm
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by seanjy4konji: 11:23pm On May 16, 2020
Tell your mother I would give her 20 k..if I tell my friends they would double it to 400k..tell her not to ever under estimate you after wards. Find a crib or House for rent and what to set it up and let us know how you much it going to be a of your own...Nigerians pearwnts are used to thinking to tending to their wards at age of 20s and still think they can be schooled because they failed o. their part..at age of 16 if you do t have a job in sane climes?I will throw you out.

They failed I. Their duties to make it own you are supposed to retire by 45 or 55 max..

Don't be mad. Just make a decision with ur life
.Nigeria made men of 28 still living in parents house..decision is yours.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Escanor(m): 11:24pm On May 16, 2020
It is obvious that she doesn't like you.try and leave her house to your dad side or your friends side.
Na see finish dey bring anyhw attitude from most parents.

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Xclusiveme: 11:24pm On May 16, 2020
WeRblessed:
I dont know how it works in Nigeria, but after 18 years you should stop being your parents' responsibility. Therefore, you need to move out, rent your own apartment, pay your own car note and insurance. Your parents should have already removed you from their health insurance if you are not currently in college. In fact, some parents will literally pack your things ready waiting for you on your high school graduation day. The next day, you need to move out. Dont ask me why please. Such is life.

You really lack touch in reality. That's not how it works. Maybe ur parents did it to u because they are not financially capable or you are a nut Crack. Either way its the parent responsibility to take care of their children till they are capable of taking care of themselves. Otherwise why bring them to the world
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by cruzydal(m): 11:25pm On May 16, 2020
Xclusiveme:

You're so silly in your comment
Okay thanks .get a life
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by cruzydal(m): 11:26pm On May 16, 2020
comshots:
You can't compare abroad with Nigeria.This country is shitt.
Some people still make it here .
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Goalnaldo(m): 11:27pm On May 16, 2020
Salmom:

I feel your pain bro. I pray your dreams come through
thanks chairman.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Savagethe21st(m): 11:27pm On May 16, 2020
samicine:

bruh can u throw more light on how the opera hub works. Do u get paid immediately you write an article?
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Mac12(f): 11:28pm On May 16, 2020
vanida6:

What the Bleep did you just say Gosh!!! Sometimes I marvel at the level of some people's way of reasoning.
Tufiakwa!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 16, 2020
cruzydal:

Some people still make it here .
If you don't do shady dealings you can't make it big.Connections is also involved.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Xclusiveme: 11:29pm On May 16, 2020
cruzydal:

It’s not always rosy . Let him make money I swear his mum’s attitude would change instantly .

And u think if he finally makes that money he would still be with his mum. He might definitely abandon her
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by cruzydal(m): 11:30pm On May 16, 2020
seanwilliam:
ani oo ni opolo rara ati rara.. u no get iota of sense atall.. so u one dey compare abroad to nigeria.. shey na the same standard of living we get??

Abi na same currency value?
Abi na same employment opportunity?
Abi na same job assurance?
Abi na same job security?
Abi na same favorable environment?

Funnily enough, e fit still be say na your mama dey feed you like dat at 30 oo...
Una go just dey open mouth gbaga gbaga, without thinking angry
Before you go talk , carry mirror for front, talk and look at yourself.. idiotic entity!
Just shut up if you don’t have any meaningful suggestion .its this dependence that’s killing Nigerian youths when some are there cashing out doing businesses in school ,it’s your type that will marry and born in your mothers house .omo ale
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by mediclife1987(m): 11:33pm On May 16, 2020
samicine:

Cos you're good for nothing.

As in, useless.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by mechanics(m): 11:33pm On May 16, 2020
Since she says you steal her money, just give her the ₦2,000, God will judge her, for you to leave your home at your age is too early o.
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by TrebleChamp(m): 11:33pm On May 16, 2020
cruzydal:
[quote autho
How should he go and make the money at 21 and still in School? Make him go join 1million boiz abi? If making money was so easy in Nigeria, you for no dey see people opening posting account details begging on Nairaland. The dude is still a kid and should be under the tutelage of his parent at least until he graduate. Lastly stop comparing Nigeria to abroad, the comparison no follow at all. Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by Crenzywilliams(m): 11:33pm On May 16, 2020
Baba forgive her, move on, but stay home, finish schooling and serve then do what you like. I am not saying you can't make it out there, but chill, trust me you'll have more issues with your mom as the years go by, and even with other persons, you have to forgive them, explain to them that your feelings bee hurt and move on man.ypi just don't leave cos someone hurt you bru, you try to figure it out and move on bru...but na u wear shoe know how e pain u, but trust me, life goes on bru
Re: I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. by NwaIgboBoy(m): 11:36pm On May 16, 2020
Lol.....
Well it seems that the real reason is that u masturbate alot in ur family bathroom...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Pregnant Women Craving For Weird Things / The Travails Of Marrying Late / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.