Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,523 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? (26646 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by petra1(m): 9:12pm On May 17, 2020
erospecial:

You're a fraudster in the kingdom.

No need for insult . Back up your claim with scriptures or keep quiet

Are you Jews that the obligation were given?

Was Abraham a Jew ? Was Melchizedek a Jew ?

what is the place of Christ in destroying the devourer by his death?
If you and your likes of apostates are not dubious, tell me where in the ministry of Christ from Matthew to John or in the Acts or Episodes that tithe was ever commanded in the new testament to the new Creations?
Given of all kinds is by faith and will!
besides how many of the old testament oblations are you observing except the tithe most of you Yahoo Yahoo pastors and counterfeit followers are holding unto?

If you want to ask a question , ask nicely , I will respond to you . No need to get into personal attacks . I see it as empty manipulation . Go to the Bible and prove your point . No need to do. “You Dey craze , you dey mad “ Empty heads does that do be a Christian and be civililc in your discussion or I won’t respond to you
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:23pm On May 17, 2020
petra1:

And What do you understand by redemption? . It is the giving of money in place .

How do people give tithes of vegetable or of other unclean animal

Was Abraham tithe to Melchizedek agricultural product ?

He gave tithes of all . Tithe is given of all.

The word of God doesn’t require insult and abuse . Deal with scriptures or keep quiet
God did not demand tithes of unclean animals. Tithes mentioned in the law apply ONLY to AGRICULTURAL products.

The scripture you are misquoting has to do with pledges not tithes
Why would a Jew rear unclean animals. What kind of foolish talk is that.
What do you mean how do people give tithe of vegetables what a foolish question.

What does the bible say.?
It is clear you have little sense and are wasting my time

Giving a 10 % Bribe or kickback is a TITHE that does not mean it has anything to do with Gods command.
That is exactly what Abraham gave Mechilzedek it had no scriptural command
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Ayanfea1: 9:29pm On May 17, 2020
Malachi 3 vs 10 bring the whole tithe into the housestore, that may be food in my house, now the question is , where is the food now in the church of God, when corona come now no pastor save money for us to eat food from the tithe that have been paying so far, and the reason while God said we should pay tithe was for us to be able to eat food from the house of God, but the money that was pay as tithe now has become permanent income to pastor instead of reserve food for the house of God as God has give them the instructions
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by femi4: 9:37pm On May 17, 2020
wickyyolo:
G

Don’t u pay tithe ?
you didnt understand my post.

I pay more than tithe, tithing is religion
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by petra1(m): 9:40pm On May 17, 2020
omonnakoda:

God did not demand tithes of unclean animals. Tithes mentioned in the law apply ONLY to AGRICULTURAL products

Tithe is given of all income . I only use unclean animals as illustration .

God only accept things which can be use by Levite’s other things are redeemed . They pay money value in tithes and offering . They had choices

Matthew 23:23
. . For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens. .

Why would a Jew rear unclean animals. What kind of foolish talk is that.

Is dog , horse , Carmel not unclean animals . Unclean animal means they should not eat it , that doesn’t mean they should not use . Was king David not riding unclean animal (horse)
Jesus rode unclean animal (donkey )

You are busy learning insults instead of learning the Bible

What do you mean how do people give tithe of vegetables what a foolish question.

. . For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens. .

Learn the Bible not insult
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:43pm On May 17, 2020
Sotland:
When I say the law (10 commandment) was it given in the new testament? You failed to answer that... I'm not talking about those law which moses set due to the hardness of the heart of men....

w
Are you alright ?what are we saying and what are you saying?
Are the 10 commandments the only laws in the old testament?
There are 611-3 laws in the old Testament. Educate yourself and stop talking foolishly.

The question was did Jesus/Christianity abrogate any of those 611 laws

Yes or No

Stop the rignarole
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:46pm On May 17, 2020
petra1:

God only accept things which can be use by Levite’s other things are redeemed . They pay money value in tithes and offering . They had choices

Is dog , horse , Carmel not unclean animals . Unclean animal means they should not eat it , that doesn’t mean they should not use . Was king David not riding unclean animal (horse)

Good let us not make it too long

Just cite the scripture that says tithe is given of ALL INCOME.
Tithe is given ONLY on AGRICULTURAL products
The Onus is on you.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 9:55pm On May 17, 2020
petra1:

It is clear I am dealing with a liar .

Is Mathew 23. 23 a command to pay tithes

Why did you cite it partially?

Jesus was actually criticising them for their pedantic adherence to tithe

He said

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness

That is the full scripture and it is clear what Jesus thinks of tithes

In fact that scripture applies PERFECTLY TO YOU

meditate on THAT
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by terrymason(m): 10:00pm On May 17, 2020
erospecial:

You're a fraudster in the kingdom.
So Deuteronomy belong to which God command?
Are you Jews that the oblations were given?
what is the place of Christ in destroying the devourer by his death?
If you and your likes of apostates are not dubious, tell me where in the ministry of Christ from Matthew to John or in the Acts or Episodes that tithe was ever commanded in the new testament to the new Creations?
Given of all kinds is by faith and will!
besides how many of the old testament oblations are you observing except the tithe most of you Yahoo Yahoo pastors and counterfeit followers are holding unto?

It will be profitable for me to give my Arms and tithe, then realize it is wrong at the end of my life.
Than not to give my arms and tithe and realize it is right, at the end of my life..

If the pharisees believe that their was a saviour and still not believe in Jesus christ (killing him).
Why will I argue with you calling me a fraudster?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by CoolAmbience(m): 10:04pm On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable

Why the lie?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by petra1(m): 10:13pm On May 17, 2020
omonnakoda:

It is clear I am dealing with a liar .

Is Mathew 23. 23 a command to pay tithes

Why did you cite it partially?

For emphasis . Was the Bible written in chapters .

Jesus was actually criticising them for their pedantic adherence to tithe

He said

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness

That is the full scripture and it is clear what Jesus thinks of tithes

In fact that scripture applies PERFECTLY TO YOU

meditate on THAT

If I have to condescend low to your level I would call you a liar also because you quoted the scriptures partially .

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Jesus was teaching them balance . But you LIED! . He wasn’t against tithing . He rather endorsed it and told them not to neglect justice also . Jesus endorses tithing

Matthew 23:23 (TLB
. Yes, you should tithe, but you shouldn't leave the more important things undone.

Matthew 23:23( Holman Bible $
. . .These things should have been done without neglecting the others.

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by omonnakoda: 10:27pm On May 17, 2020
petra1:

For emphasis . Was the Bible written in chapters .

If I have to condescend low to your level I would call you a liar also because you quoted the scriptures partially .

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Jesus was teaching them balance . But you LIED! . He wasn’t against tithing . He rather endorsed it and told them not to neglect justice also . Jesus endorses tithing

Matthew 23:23 (TLB
. Yes, you should tithe, but you shouldn't leave the more important things undone.

Matthew 23:23( Holman Bible $
. . .These things should have been done without neglecting the others.

I lied? I said Jesus was against tithes?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by adedbl: 10:30pm On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable

This messages if for the priest who you give your tithe, not to the congregation. Read Malachi from Chapter 2

"And now this decree is for you, O priests: If you do not listen, and if you do not take it to heart to honor My name,” says the LORD of Hosts, “I will send a curse among you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already begun to curse them, because you are not taking it to heart.."
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by adedbl: 10:32pm On May 17, 2020
petra1:
Tithe is given to God through the high priest
However God added two additional tithes for the Jews under the law then:

Which was tithes for the poor and the third one was a recreational feast . Take a 10% and enjoy feast and picnic

All were to be done . The later 2 dies not take away the tithe to God . So give what is for God to God

The tithe to God is the one We learnt from abraham

TITHE TO THE LORD
Leviticus 27:30
And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's: it is holy unto the Lord.

THE TITHE FOR FEAST
(Deut. 14:22-27).
Deuteronomy 14:22-23
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.

TITHE FOR THE POOR
Deuteronomy 14:28-29
At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest..

I did not see in any of your quote where one tenth of cash earned should be given to pastor. Need to be more educated.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by EmmyDJourno: 10:50pm On May 17, 2020
Sermwell:

just look at the nonsense you are still spewing inspite of the Bible verses provided to you about tithing!! go and give it to useless men of God if you like!!

I don't go to such Churches

I am Catholic and a product of a Minor Seminary, many of my classmates are Priests so I share my 25,600 salary amongst them and the Parish where I worship

My guy, you know nothing about God and the Spirit of tithing

God doesn't need your money, he just needs to know you have a heart of gratitude by giving him 10%

So give to the Church where you worship, or the less privileged, he doesn't care, all God seeks is the gratitude shown in your heart

Finally, don't call people who work in God's vineyard useless, they are vulnerable like every other human and no be you call them to service
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Youngzedd(m): 10:51pm On May 17, 2020
Sotland:
You failed to answer my question.. I asked again was the 10 commandment given in the new testament or in the Old testament?

Old testament (old covenant).
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by petra1(m): 11:01pm On May 17, 2020
adedbl:
I did not see in any of your quote where one tenth of cash earned should be given to pastor. Need to be more educated.

Tithes are given to God through and received by high priest . And our high priest is Christ.
Pastors are not tithe collectors . Church money does not belong to pastors . Pastors are tithers . Most pastors have jobs , in many ministries before you’re are sent out to pastor you must have a job . Find out from redeemed or cec or winners . 99% of pastors have jobs and and they don’t earn income From church . It’s only few that may be made to resign from work so as to do full time and such may have some allowances .Just like other church workers . And the Bible ordained that such should have welfare from tithes and offering

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

But. Most pastors are oil workers , bankers , lecturers businessmen etc . They are volunteers .
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Coolgent(m): 11:03pm On May 17, 2020
Giving tithe to the wealthy so called amn of God, while a widow with orphans are roaming tour street looking for what to eat!
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by sultaan(m): 11:21pm On May 17, 2020
Oluromantic:

Since a lot of people are not working the the church should not be expecting tithe from those who are not working. The tithe should be paid so that there will be food in the house of God let is see the food of all these years of tithing
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Unrated900(m): 11:49pm On May 17, 2020
Your belief is your belief and others are
Why are you coming here to be mocking the lord with your 12 thousand naira thieth
Mr man garara here
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by honeyB2018: 1:03am On May 18, 2020
genkins:

My friend, I have read all your BS. You sound exactly like the charlatans called pastors. The letter killeth but the spirit gives life. Do you know what the letter is? U think that it means reading letters of the Bible.. Like your dumb pastors.. Now lemme teach you. The letter is the law of Moses. The old covenant laws of sin and death and not letters as in ABC. Read in context next time. Read 2nd cor 3 7-18 to u understand what the letter and spirt are.. Thank me later

You are seeking for attention that I'm ready to give to you. If you have anything called " brain" in that your big head, you will realize, I'm not ready to talk, neither did I solicit for any advise or teaching from you.
My point and stand is quite explicit, if you can't comprehend it, so sorry, I can't help you.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On May 18, 2020
Mavrick2012:
A friend just showed this scripture to me:
"Give a tenth of your products, to the levite, strangers, fatherless and widows, so they will have what to eat while in your land".
Can i begin to give a portion of my tithe to my widowed sister?
Please stop letting other people tell you what you can or cannot do as far as God is concerned. SInce you choose to live by the Old Covenant, let that choice be wholly yours. Read the BIble for yourself and decide on whether you want to obey what is written or not .... It really should be that simple.

This is what God COMMANDED you to do with your Tithe

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 “Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God. At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops—one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.
24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want—cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food. Then you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.
27 But don’t forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don’t have a share of the land like you have.
28 “At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don’t have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do.
If you disregard his command because you are worried about how the gospel will be spread, that one you will carry with your own head there.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by honeyB2018: 1:32am On May 18, 2020
destinable:

Your type of christianity is overwhelmingly sentimental. No bible verse to back your claims but you cry the loudest. Your type reduce the death of Jesus christ to absolutely no significance because the same new testament he died to establish is not enough for your kind. I bet if Jesus came down today to warn against tithing, your type would still pay cos your pastor says so.

Your expecting me to quote scriptures,,when I'm not addressing any issue that requires it, shows how empty and deceitful your brand of Christianity is
I know you and your brand, no need wasting my time on you. More than 3yrs, I spent on different social media platforms over this issue,
Why should I be stupid to engage you.
I will, still encourage you to be a Christian led by the Spirit and not of the letters.
Goodbye
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 3:28am On May 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Please stop letting other people tell you what you can or cannot do as far as God is concerned. SInce you choose to live by the Old Covenant, let that choice be wholly yours. Read the BIble for yourself and decide on whether you want to obey what is written or not .... It really should be that simple.

This is what God COMMANDED you to do with your Tithe

If you disregard his command because you are worried about how the gospel will be spread, that one you will carry with your own head there.
Thank you Sir,
But,i sincerely don't get your point
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 3:30am On May 18, 2020
terrymason:

Bro kindly watch this....

The Difference Between Tithe and Helping the poor...

Give with the right revelation... Don't covert your tithe to arms giving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGR23hNd6tg
Thanks sir,but,how about this Deuteronomy 26:12. I want to really understand it
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 3:31am On May 18, 2020
SIONKPO1:

Read from the beginning of the chapter
I already did,sir
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 3:35am On May 18, 2020
toscolee:

Alms giving done exactly as stipulated in the scripture is a type of tithe.
Sir, please any Bible verse to validate this assertion?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 3:52am On May 18, 2020
Mavrick2012:

Thank you Sir,
But,i sincerely don't get your point
Ask yourself the big question, if Jesus has [b]Fulfilled [/b]the Old Covenant on your behalf, why do you find yourself still living by a law defined in the Old Covenant and not in the Covenant that Jesus said you should live by instead?
The old covenant is completely different from the new covenant. And it is not possible to put one foot into the old covenant and one foot into the new covenant. It is essentially an ALL or NOTHING deal whichever way you choose. Jesus put it something like this.... you do not put New wine into Old wine skin. Same way you do not put Old wine into new wine skin.

He, Jesus, has already paid the debt you owe as far as the Old Covenant is concerned. Essentially instead the 613 commandments/Statues of the old covenant(a very heavy yoke for even the people of Israel who carry it),Jesus offered us all each only about 46 statutes/commandments to Obey(Jesus said His yoke is like), of which tithing is not even one of them(since it is of a part of and remains a part of the old covenant). So why are you still choosing to follow the old covenant when you have yet exhausted yourself with obeying the new covenant that Jesus has stipulated for you to obey daily?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Sotland: 7:09am On May 18, 2020
Why are you so quick into insulting yourself? I asked a simple question that demands YES or NO and you keep acting like an educated slowpoke.. I never said 10 commandment was the only law, I asked since if it's part of the old testament, was it abolished? Yes we are not under the law but now under grace through our Lord Jesus Christ... My notion is to reset your brain that not all commandment in the old testament was abolished, so you don't go about saying things of the old testament are no longer valid...

omonnakoda:
w
There are 611-3 laws in the old Testament. Educate yourself and stop talking foolishly.

Yes or No

Stop the rignarole
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 7:15am On May 18, 2020
omonnakoda:
w

Yes or No

Stop the rignarole
NO, but Jesus did even better! He fulfilled(brought to completion) the old covenant on our behalf !
Jesus gave us instead a new covenant with a lighter yoke(46 laws/commands), and an easier burden to bear!
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 7:19am On May 18, 2020
Oluromantic:
You are wrong ! But why is Jesus' new covenant not good enough for you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Surprise Book Presentation On Pastor Adeboye In Pix With AgPresident, OBJ / Prophet Genesis Refuses Offering From Church Members Because Of Naira Crisis / Why Do Women Dress Indecently To Church Nowadays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.