Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,554 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? (26653 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by EmmyDJourno: 4:23pm On May 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Threatened by the questioning of that which you belief? grin cheesy grin cheesy

I'm not threatened by shit, I'm simply a fan of intellectual and productive conversations

And you my guy are way off the mark
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On May 28, 2020
EmmyDJourno:
I'm not threatened by shit, I'm simply a fan of intellectual and productive conversations And you my guy are way off the mark
Then intellectually and productively answer the questions I posed. Or what? Questions are not stimulating enough for your mind there?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by EmmyDJourno: 4:31pm On May 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Then intellectually and productively answer the questions I posed. Or what? Questions are not stimulating enough for your mind there?

Not stimulating at all

Cause I know an individual who engages in arguementatitive essays upandan just for the fun of it
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On May 28, 2020
EmmyDJourno:
Not stimulating at all
Cause I know an individual who engages in arguementatitive essays upandan just for the fun of it
Are you sure you do? Or is it simply that you are afraid that answering the questions may expose some errors in your thinking there as far as your mind and the Spirit of God is concerned? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by petra1(m): 5:34pm On May 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You lie!

Make enquiry
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On May 28, 2020
petra1:
Make enquiry
There's no need for me to do that. I know several cases whose only work is church work, and they draw benefits and pay from it.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by EmmyDJourno: 6:02pm On May 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Are you sure you do? Or is it simply that you are afraid that answering the questions may expose some errors in your thinking there as far as your mind and the Spirit of God is concerned? undecided undecided undecided

The only thing that needs exposure is your Spiritual mind

Stupid questions have no answers, and so there is a tendency for the person asking the stupid question to feel like he is wise cause no one had an answer to their question

When in reality the question is just dumb to start with
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On May 28, 2020
EmmyDJourno:
The only thing that needs exposure is your Spiritual mind
Stupid questions have no answers, and so there is a tendency for the person asking the stupid question to feel like he is wise cause no one had an answer to their question
When in reality the question is just dumb to start with
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I have no "spiritual mind"; I have a spirit though.
So, you get to accuse the Spirit of God of making you do that which the Spirit is meant to do, and questions asked to ascertain the reasoning behind such a claim are deemed stupid by you? undecided
Interesting!
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by EmmyDJourno: 6:32pm On May 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I have no spiritual mind; I have a spirit though.
So, you get to accuse the Spirit of God of making you do that which the Spirit is meant to do, and questions asked to ascertain the reasoning behind such a claim are deemed stupid by you? undecided
Interesting!

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by petra1(m): 7:02pm On May 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
There's no need for me to do that. I know several cases whose only work is church work, and they draw benefits and pay from it.

thats few exceptions
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by genkins(m): 10:14pm On May 28, 2020
petra1:

thats few exceptions
You are either totally ignorant or deliberately twisting scriptures to buttress your point. It will be difficult for your Kind to repent because the light you think you have is pitch black darkness.it is easier to move from darkness to light.. But not easy to move from fake light to darkness and again to the real light.
1.I asked you whether Abram had a covenant with God when he tithed to melchizedek.. U avoided the question. Should we follow what saul did even before he became Paul?
2.i asked you if u return 90% of your salary back to your employers after u tithe as Abram did to the king of Sodom.. U avoided the question
3.i asked you if Abram tithed from his own wealth or not..u avoided the question.
4.Now u quoted Matt 23:23 when Jesus was still under the law, that Jesus said we should tithe.. They asked u if he was referring to Christians or his disciples ... U ignored the question.. U don't know that the pharisees were elders of a different religion called Judaism.
5.Now let me ask you.. Can you tell me any gentile in the Bible that paid tithe?or are you a Nigerian jew?
6.who did the apostles pay tithe to before and after the resurrection of Jesus?
7.even Barnabas that was a levite did not collect yet he also sold his house to contribute to catering for the needy in the early church
8.levites are a bloodline in Isreal, which Nigerian qualifies as a levite talk less of a pastor. Who told you pastors are levites?
9.melchizedeck had no beginning and end.. Which of your pastors was not born and would not die?
10.was tithe ever money? Did fishermen tithe? Did ironsmith, carpenter etc did they tithe?
11.do you know that we are all priests under the royal priesthood of christ? So who should tithe to who?
11b.do you know the difference between levites and a priest? So our first pastors, the disciples where which one? None my friend!
12.did christ instruct anybody to collect tithe on his behalf since he's our high priest. Even when he did not collect tithe when he walked the earth?
13.do you know that the Bible contains two religions? Judaism and Christianity. What we practice in Nigeria in Living Faith, redeem etc is neo-Judaism. Satan is the father of lies, he's very clever.. Making you practice the old testament law of sin and death thus making you not see the glory in christ. Your confusion is thinking that everything biblical is Christian.paying of tithes as a Christian is a Sin.
Now if these questions don't awaken your sense, then I wash my hands off your matter. And lastly, the scriptures say narrow is the way to heaven and wide is the road to hell.. Do you think 100,000 seater living faith, redeem, christ embassy and dunamis is the narrow way? Think
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:16pm On May 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Another person seeking the counsel of his sinful mind when deciding on whether to do what God commands or not. This is a problem!

yeye dey worry you
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 11:28pm On May 28, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
yeye dey worry you
What worries me is the kind of counseling your mind gives you were it concerns the things of God. undecided
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On May 28, 2020
wasi9ice:
Does it determine your salvation??
Some people can still pay tithes and end up in hell
Giving is good ,Jesus said if you give to the needy ,you have given to Him.
It is still important you bring part of your resources to the house of God so God's work can go on where finance is required.
Conscience is a judgemental device inbuilt in man, let it therefore guild you into all things.
Shalom
You know how Jesus said only the righteous shall inherit His Kingdom, well, the righteous are those who obey the word of God as He exactly commands it. So what one does, as far as God's commands are concerned, matters.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On May 28, 2020
Sotland:
I stand to be corrected Sir. Jesus Christ said "I'v not come to destroy the law of moses" He came to teach us about the greatest commandment...This means that we cannot rule out old testament completely, rather observe them and follow them diligently..

In all the tithing verse, perhaps you have not notice that certain people are often mentioned there "Levites" now who are the levites? Ain't they people dedicated to serve in the place of worship of God? Hence, the Pastors and alter servers...

It may also interest you to know that those verses also stipulated this "A place where God has chosen" now anytime, anyday Church is the place God has chosen to be His dwelling place.

Nevertheless the the book of Matthew 23 vs 23/and Luke 11 vs 42 made a clarification about tithing.. While most people are concern about rushing to the church to pay their tithes, they forgot thing which are weightier.."Justice And the love of God(mercy & faithfulness)" These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.”

Now understand that when you pay tithe and you could not help that poorest man in your area or that needy or hungry man, you are not doing it right... The point here is that you cannot neglect one for the other...

I am not here to argue but just to impact the little I know unto other.. Let he who has ears, hear the little voice speaking... Stay blessed sir...

Jesus said he did not abolish the old covenant, but he also did fulfill the old testament. What does that mean? He created for us an alternative path to the Father through Himself, and what does that mean for us? If means rather than bear the heavy yoke and a heavy burden that is the Old Covenant,

Jesus offered us a light yoke and an easier burden that is His person, the new Covenant. That new covenant comes with its own commandments and its own burdens, blessings, curses and even a seal. The new Covenant has about 49 commandments i.e the yoke, which are detailed in the gospels, and the burden is our cross.
Now are the new testament commandments same as the old testament commandments? NO. Jesus was also clear that those who love Him will obey His commandments(His new Covenant). So, what does Jesus expect you and I to do? He expects us to obey His commandments in order to reap the benefits of the new Covenant that is Jesus Christ.

Do you profit from trying to obey some of the old commandments even as you obey the new commandments? NO, why? Because Jesus said instructed that you not put new wine into old wineskin and He also went into detail about what happens when you do such. There is no profit to living according to the commands of the old when you can busy yourself with mastering obedience of the new covenant.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On May 28, 2020
MicaiahOgorry06:
Pay it to your church. Note that it is the responsibility of your Church pastor to administer the tithe. God in His wisdom knows how to guide him on how to reach out to some windows, fatherless and even some other people that are in need. In a real sense even those who are paying tithe to their Church can as well be a partaker of the same tithe during their time of need.
Christ did not give His Church any such responsibility.

What many of you do not understand is that the original tithing system set up by God Himself was a sort of Tax System for the people of Israel. It was a system that benefitted the entire nation of Israel(it's economy) as well as the temple.

I want to leave you with something Jesus said concerning the tax system which was related to the tithing system of the old covenant.

Matthew 17 vs 22-27 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. When they came to Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma tax went up to Peter and said, “Does your teacher not pay the tax?”
25. He said, “Yes.” And when he came into the house, Jesus spoke to him first, saying, “What do you think, Simon? From whom do kings of the earth take toll or tax? From their sons or from others?”
26. And when he said, “From others,” Jesus said to him, “Then the sons are free.
27. However, not to give offense to them, go to the sea and cast a hook and take the first fish that comes up, and when you open its mouth you will find a shekel.[g] Take that and give it to them for me and for yourself.”
You are called as heirs to the King, are you not?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 12:55am On May 29, 2020
Atteraino:
bro[b] follow your instinct. if you wish to pay your tithe in the church no problem[/b]. Like the bible said, you do not pay because its compulsory, You don't do it reluctantly, you give from your heart. So if wish not to pay weekly or monthly or to give it to the orphan. Its depends on you
Instinct can lead one straight until the wrong path oooo
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Sotland: 7:25am On May 29, 2020
.. Jesus never abolish the old covenant but fulfil it.. Exactly my point.. Jesus Christ gave us a lighter and easy way. So nobody should come saying that the old testament is no longer valid.

He also gave us a new commandment which was an abstract of the old testament. He made us to see that the commandments are built on love.. Love for God and Love for Humans(neighbour).

My point remains that Jesus Christ said that He has not come to ABOLISH.... so,one should stop saying that things is the old testament are no longer valid. For some of them are very much practical till date.. I choose to end this topic here...

Kobojunkie:

Jesus said he did not abolish the old covenant, but he also did fulfill the old testament. What does that mean? He created for us an alternative path to the Father through Himself, and what does that mean for us? If means rather than bear the heavy yoke and a heavy burden that is the Old Covenant,

Jesus offered us a light yoke and an easier burden that is His person, the new Covenant. That new covenant comes with its own commandments and its own burdens, blessings, curses and even a seal. The new Covenant has about 49 commandments i.e the yoke, which are detailed in the gospels, and the burden is our cross.
Now are the new testament commandments same as the old testament commandments? NO. Jesus was also clear that those who love Him will obey His commandments(His new Covenant). So, what does Jesus expect you and I to do? He expects us to obey His commandments in order to reap the benefits of the new Covenant that is Jesus Christ.

Do you profit from trying to obey some of the old commandments even as you obey the new commandments? NO, why? Because Jesus said instructed that you not put new wine into old wineskin and He also went into detail about what happens when you do such. There is no profit to living according to the commands of the old when you can busy yourself with mastering obedience of the new covenant.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 7:29am On May 29, 2020
Sotland:
.. Jesus never abolish the old covenant but fulfil it.. Exactly my point.. Jesus Christ gave us a lighter and easy way. So nobody should come saying that the old testament is no longer valid.

He also gave us a new commandment which was an abstract of the old testament. He made us to see that the commandments are built on love.. Love for God and Love for Humans(neighbour).
His new commandments aren't really an abstract of the old. Going from 613 statues to just 49 commandments, that requires more than just a simple abstraction of the old.
Sotland:

My point remains that Jesus Christ said that He has not come to ABOLISH.... So, one should stop saying that things is the old testament are no longer valid. For some of them are very much practical till date.. I choose to end this topic here...
We all know he did not abolish it. However, we are not supposed to live by it any longer, particularly those of us who intend to enter Heaven by the price paid by Jesus. We cannot have one foot in the old and the other foot in the new. It is an ALL OR NOTHING deal as far as God is concerned. You are either in the New covenant or you are in the old Covenant .... You cannot serve the old and the new at the same time.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Sotland: 7:44am On May 29, 2020
You are such a zealous person without full understanding.. the new commandments remain an abstract of the old commandment that God gave Moses. Jesus Christ made it glaring in Matt 23v 35-40, Mark 12b 28 -34, Luke 10-27, John 13v34. If you don't agree with this, sorry I can't help you no more... Takia

Kobojunkie:
His new commandments aren't really an abstract of the old. Going from 613 statues to just 49 commandments, that requires more than just a simple abstraction of the old.
We all know he did not abolish it. However, we are not supposed to live by it any longer, particularly those of us who intend to enter Heaven by the price paid by Jesus. We cannot have one foot in the old and the other foot in the new. It is an ALL OR NOTHING deal as far as God is concerned. You are either in the New covenant or you are in the old Covenant .... You cannot serve the old and the new at the same time.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 7:47am On May 29, 2020
Sotland:
You are such a zealous person without full understanding.. the new commandments remain an abstract of the old commandment that God gave Moses. Jesus Christ made it glaring in Matt 23v 35-40, Mark 12b 28 -34, Luke 10-27, John 13v34. If you don't agree with this, sorry I can't help you no more... Takia
Ok, I will bite! How is the new covenant an abstract of the old? Show or explain how about 613 commandments of the old covenant were mapped down to 46 or so commands that is Jesus Christ? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On May 29, 2020
omonnakoda:

Recreational feast with 10% of your annual income

Se arungun ni Jehofa ni?
Is communion bread and wine recreational?
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin ROFLMAO!
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by chosengocap: 10:26am On Jun 09, 2020
genkins:

You are either totally ignorant or deliberately twisting scriptures to buttress your point. It will be difficult for your Kind to repent because the light you think you have is pitch black darkness.it is easier to move from darkness to light.. But not easy to move from fake light to darkness and again to the real light.
1.I asked you whether Abram had a covenant with God when he tithed to melchizedek.. U avoided the question. Should we follow what saul did even before he became Paul?
2.i asked you if u return 90% of your salary back to your employers after u tithe as Abram did to the king of Sodom.. U avoided the question
3.i asked you if Abram tithed from his own wealth or not..u avoided the question.
4.Now u quoted Matt 23:23 when Jesus was still under the law, that Jesus said we should tithe.. They asked u if he was referring to Christians or his disciples ... U ignored the question.. U don't know that the pharisees were elders of a different religion called Judaism.
5.Now let me ask you.. Can you tell me any gentile in the Bible that paid tithe?or are you a Nigerian jew?
6.who did the apostles pay tithe to before and after the resurrection of Jesus?
7.even Barnabas that was a levite did not collect yet he also sold his house to contribute to catering for the needy in the early church
8.levites are a bloodline in Isreal, which Nigerian qualifies as a levite talk less of a pastor. Who told you pastors are levites?
9.melchizedeck had no beginning and end.. Which of your pastors was not born and would not die?
10.was tithe ever money? Did fishermen tithe? Did ironsmith, carpenter etc did they tithe?
11.do you know that we are all priests under the royal priesthood of christ? So who should tithe to who?
11b.do you know the difference between levites and a priest? So our first pastors, the disciples where which one? None my friend!
12.did christ instruct anybody to collect tithe on his behalf since he's our high priest. Even when he did not collect tithe when he walked the earth?
13.do you know that the Bible contains two religions? Judaism and Christianity. What we practice in Nigeria in Living Faith, redeem etc is neo-Judaism. Satan is the father of lies, he's very clever.. Making you practice the old testament law of sin and death thus making you not see the glory in christ. Your confusion is thinking that everything biblical is Christian.paying of tithes as a Christian is a Sin.
Now if these questions don't awaken your sense, then I wash my hands off your matter. And lastly, the scriptures say narrow is the way to heaven and wide is the road to hell.. Do you think 100,000 seater living faith, redeem, christ embassy and dunamis is the narrow way? Think

Thanks so much I just stumbled on your reply. I want you to teach/elaborate give answers to all questions you raised . thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Shiloh 2022: Covenant Highways (Live Thread) / Preaching Etiquette / "How Mad Is Your Madness?" Church Poster In Jos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.