Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,488 members, 7,847,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? (26815 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by collinslinkis(m): 8:49am On May 18, 2020
This is my problem with some christians they will not start from verse one by will jump to verse 12... pls read from verse one

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by ABOVEDELAW: 9:01am On May 18, 2020
SO DEUTERONOMY IS WRONG?
Oluromantic:
Malachi 3:10 answers it all. It says all the full tight should be taken to the house of the Lord. You can give your sister money, gifts etc but ur full tithe is not negotiable
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by destinable(m): 9:27am On May 18, 2020
honeyB2018:

Your expecting me to quote scriptures,,when I'm not addressing any issue that requires it, shows how empty and deceitful your brand of Christianity is
I know you and your brand, no need wasting my time on you. More than 3yrs, I spent on different social media platforms over this issue,
Why should I be stupid to engage you.
I will, still encourage you to be a Christian led by the Spirit and not of the letters.
Goodbye
Young man, you simply do not have anything reasonable to contribute. I bet the only scriptural passage of tithing you know is Mal 3 vs 10.

You said tithing is not under the law, I provided a passage for you showing tithing is law. I also show you passage condemning the law and it's uselessness (Heb 7 vs 18). The new testament was established after the death of Jesus yet you want to live by the same law he came to rid of.
Anyone who chooses to live by the law must not be selective of the law they chose to keep, you must abide by them all (Gal 3 vs 10 - 14).

Young man, I implore you today to repent cos you're living in sin by tithing. You can donate freely to your place of worship but you're no longer mandated. Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by ShyDare(m): 10:25am On May 18, 2020
Firstly, there are two dispensations in scripture ie Law and Grace, Old and New, Deserved and Undeserved. From Adam to Moses, they were under grace. From Moses to John the Baptist they were under the Law and from Jesus till now we are back under grace. From Adam to Moses, the people were sinning but God could not do anything to they because they were not breaking any law. There was no law. Remember where there is no law there is no transgression. Romans 4:15, Romans 5:13

Noah's flood and sodom and Gomorrah were isolated cases and actually acts of grace because the coming of Jesus was being threatened. Jesus was to come through the seed of the woman and when fallen angels began to have children through the daughters of eve all in a bid to corrupt the seed of Adam, God had to intervene. Sodom and Gomorrah was also steeped in so much depravity and God intervened once more and in each case preserved the righteous.

Now under the law, there were 10 commandments and another 613 laws making them 623 in all. You had to obey them all. 99.9% obedience was considered as failure.

Deuteronomy 27:26, James 2:10, Galatians 3:10 confirm that if you kept 622 and you broke one, you were considered as having broken them all. It was all or nothing.

There is something that we call the law of first mention in the Bible and this means the first time something happened in the Bible.

Abraham was the first person to ever pay tithes in the Bible. Genesis 14

If we look at Abraham, he was already blessed before he paid those tithes. A man who wasn't blessed would never have had 318 servants in his household.

Secondly, Melchizedek had also already blessed him even before ABRAHAM paid tithe to him.

That shows us something. Abraham being blessed was not conditioned on the tithes, he was already blessed.

Secondly, When Abraham tithed, there was no commandment to tithe. So why did he tithe when there was no commandment?

He tithed out of gratitude because he knew there was no way his 318 trained servants could have defeated five armies if God hadn't helped him. Genesis 14

So we can safely conclude that his tithe was an act of gratitude to God who helped him overcome his enemies.

Now back to the law. When God gave the law, everything became compulsory and disobedience was punished with death in many cases.

Under the law, people were blessed conditionally but under grace its unconditional.

Under the law, you being blessed is in your ability to obey the law and that's what Deuteronomy 28:1-14 says but under grace you are blessed unconditionally because all those laws you couldn't keep Jesus kept them all for you. Romans 10:4

Malachi 3 that talks about tithing was not written to those under grace ie it wasn't written to born again Christians. It was written to those under the law. Under grace we have only one law and that is the law of love.

Under grace we are already blessed unconditionally according to Galatians 3:13-14, Ephesians 1:3 and 2 Peter 1:3.

My tithes which are material and as a result of my own labour are too wretched and a total disrespect to the sacrifice of Christ for me to think God blesses me because of tithe.

In Numbers 18, God instituted tithes because of the levites. All the remaining tribes of Israel inherited the land of Canaan but The levites didn't have an inheritance and the tithes were to sort of compensate them for the work they did for God.

The work the levites did was to maintain the temple and stand as intermediaries between God and man because in those days you could not approach God directly. It had to be through an intermediary and the Levites or priests were.

When Christ was sacrificed and the veil in the temple was torn in two, the ministry of the levites ended. We don't have levites again because we are now all kings and priests according to Revelation 1:6, 5:10 and 1 Peter 2:9

Pastors, prophets etc are not levites because the Bible clearly states that every believer now has an inheritance in Christ and we are all from the tribe of Judah and also all have an inheritance in Christ. If the levites who used to collect the tithes under the law are no more, who then do we tithe to?

Tithes were done under the priesthood of Aaron but the Bible tells us in Hebrews 7 that the priesthood has changed and with that the law has also changed. Jesus Christ is now our great High Priest and His priesthood is not a priesthood that curses but one that blesses unlike that of the levites.

Tithing is no longer a law but a choice and my blessings are not tied to my wretched tithes as it were. If we tithe it's all well and good and if we don't it changes nothing.

The church in the acts of apostles gave everything they had. As it were they gave more than their tithes.

How dare we compare money to the sacrifice of Christ? I pay tithes as a source of gratitude to God who has already blessed me unconditionally in Christ.

The model church in acts of apostles gave 100% of all they had and that's the way it should be. Nothing should be too big for us to give to God who is the source of all.

If tithing was the access to blessing like they say, would God be more faithful to believers or unbelievers?

If tithing was the key to blessings, why are bill gates, dangote and co who don't tithe blessed? Show me a believer who tithes and is richer than these world billionaires?

Tithing is not and has never been the source to being blessed. God told them to prove Him and He will open the windows of heavens and bless them in Malachi 3.

What other proof do we need that is greater than Christ on the cross that shows us we are already blessed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by gaskiyamagana: 10:32am On May 18, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Introduction: If your pastors say giving the needy, widows, orphans 10% of your income is not tithe, that you must pay it to him, then you are attending a business centre, not a church.

Malachi is the favourite book most pastors use to preach tithe. And it is very obvious, they use it because it contains a curse for those who don't pay it. Therefore, it is the 'best' verse used to brainwash Christians.

If you want to preach tithing, preach all verses related to it. Most of these men of God know the other verses but the only one they preach to their audience is Malachi. The sheep they are leading are even lazy to read their own bibles to see the truth for themselves. Note that quarter of truth is no truth, truth must be whole. Don’t add, don't remove.

Tithing is an Old Testament concept, just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Things Christians were meant to abide to have validations from New testament after death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is nowhere tithe was clearly instructed in the New Testament after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament focuses on giving without compulsion. 2 Corinthians 9:7 captured it very well “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".

If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?

There is a particular portion of the bible most pastors will never preach to you, and that can be found in Deut 14.22-29. Tithe was instructed to be given to the strangers, orphans, widows etc. How many pastors can boldly tell their members to give their tithes to widows and those in need?

Conclusion, if you want to pay tithe, that's your choice. But don't use outdated and obsolete verses like the one found in Malachi to threaten people. Are some verses outdated? Animal sacrifices were allowed in the Old Testament. After Jesus Christ paid for our sins, it made animal sacrifices to be outdated, and that includes tithes too.

For detailed explanation on tithes see this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama
Over to Nigerians who must have seated for WAEC and truly passed English language who still believe doctrine of TILTHE..
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by gaskiyamagana: 10:41am On May 18, 2020
I don't see anything between Christianity and Nigeria's political system. Everything is provable and condemnable. Thus, we lost direction in our democracy and governance just as we lost lost direction in religious doctrine.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by genkins(m): 11:17am On May 18, 2020
honeyB2018:

You are seeking for attention that I'm ready to give to you. If you have anything called " brain" in that your big head, you will realize, I'm not ready to talk, neither did I solicit for any advise or teaching from you.
My point and stand is quite explicit, if you can't comprehend it, so sorry, I can't help you.
When the hard cold truth stares you in the face, you tactically maneuver to sentiments and emotions. Sentiments all the way. Pls take a back seat
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by genkins(m): 11:20am On May 18, 2020
honeyB2018:

Your expecting me to quote scriptures,,when I'm not addressing any issue that requires it, shows how empty and deceitful your brand of Christianity is
I know you and your brand, no need wasting my time on you. More than 3yrs, I spent on different social media platforms over this issue,
I will, still encourage you to be a Christian led by the Spirit and not of the letters.
Goodbye
In your ignorance you still feel the letters are the letters in the Bible.. Lol.. Ignorance at best.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by honeyB2018: 11:32am On May 18, 2020
destinable:

Young man, you simply do not have anything reasonable to contribute. I bet the only scriptural passage of tithing you know is Mal 3 vs 10.

You said tithing is not under the law, I provided a passage for you showing tithing is law. I also show you passage condemning the law and it's uselessness (Heb 7 vs 18). The new testament was established after the death of Jesus yet you want to live by the same law he came to rid of.
Anyone who chooses to live by the law must not be selective of the law they chose to keep, you must abide by them all (Gal 3 vs 10 - 14).

Young man, I implore you today to repent cos you're living in sin by tithing. You can donate freely to your place of worship but you're no longer mandated. Ciao!

Can't you see, that you are just empty and devoid of understanding? Hope you went through my post very well?
Why pick a fight with a man who doesn't even know, that you exists?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by genkins(m): 11:42am On May 18, 2020
honeyB2018:

Goodbye
Read this small piece and learn. Mr letter kills and spirit gives life. De quote wetin ur illiterate pastor or Bible school de tell you.

Question: "What does it mean that the letter kills, but the spirit gives life (2 Corinthians 3:6)?"

Answer: Second Corinthians 3:6 says, “He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.” With these words, Paul summarizes the key difference between the Old and New Testaments: the first covenant was based on obedience to the written law (the “letter”), but the second covenant is based on the blood of Christ and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

There are two parts to this answer, as we look at both the letter and the Spirit.

First, what does Paul mean by “the letter kills”? Simply that the Old Testament Law, which is good and perfect (Psalm 19:7), reveals all people as law-breakers (Galatians 3:10). The law “kills” in that the penalty for breaking God’s law is eternal death in hell (Romans 6:23; Revelation 21:cool. As God told Moses the lawgiver, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book” (Exodus 32:33). Even if you sin only once in your whole life, it’s the same as breaking all of God’s laws (James 2:10), just as breaking only one link in a chain breaks the whole chain.

The written law—“the letter”—was chiseled in stone by the finger of God and is the unchanging standard by which all are judged. The law cannot give us righteousness or eternal life in heaven (Galatians 2:16). It can only condemn us as sinners, and the sentence is death. Heaven is where perfection is required (Matthew 5:20, 48; 19:16–21), and “the law made nothing perfect” (Hebrews 7:19).

Second, what does Paul mean by “the Spirit gives life”? Simply that the Holy Spirit rescues us from our hopeless situation. God saves us from death and grants us eternal life when we are born again through the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus said, “Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit” (John 3:6), and, later, “The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are Spirit and they are life” (John 6:63).

The Holy Spirit was active in the Incarnation of our Savior (Luke 1:35). It was through the Holy Spirit that Jesus offered Himself as a sacrifice to God for our sins (Hebrews 9:14). The Spirit is the cause of the new birth (John 3:3–cool. It is the Spirit who lives in believers (John 14:17), seals them (Ephesians 1:13), and sanctifies them (Romans 15:16).

Jesus came to give us an abundant life, or life “to the full” (John 10:10). The Holy Spirit living in believers is how Jesus fulfills that promise. The abundant Christian life is marked by the fruit of the Spirit, which is “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” (Galatians 5:22–23). The Old Testament Law could not produce any of that fruit; only the Holy Spirit can, as He lives in us.

The Spirit gives life in that He enables us to reach God’s ultimate goal for us, to be transformed into the glorious image of God’s own Son (2 Corinthians 3:18; also see Romans 8:28–30). Until the day that we see Christ, the Spirit intercedes with God on our behalf, ensuring our continued forgiveness and preserving the promise of God (Romans 8:26–27).

“The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life” (2 Corinthians 3:6). Elsewhere, Paul teaches the same truth: “But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code” (Romans 7:6).
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by honeyB2018: 11:44am On May 18, 2020
genkins:

In your ignorance you still feel the letters are the letters in the Bible.. Lol.. Ignorance at best.

Our greatest mistake in life as Christians, will be and has always been, walking without the help and leading of the Spirit. Anyone who walks with and in the Spirit, will always be victorious.
In you, I see why the Spirit is restraining me from making any further comment over this issue
Please, find those in your class and grade to banter with over tithing. I'm done with it.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by genkins(m): 11:52am On May 18, 2020
honeyB2018:

Our greatest mistake in life as Christians, will be and has always been, walking without the help and leading of the Spirit. Anyone who walks with and in the Spirit, will always be victorious.
In you, I see why the Spirit is restraining me from making any further comment over this issue
Please, find those in your class and grade to banter with over tithing. I'm done with it.
LOL.. Spirit ko spirit ni.. That your spirit does not even know common book talk less of understanding simple Bible. U need knowledge after which you should repent and ask God for forgiveness. If u understood the letter, you would have known that tithing is the letter.. But mbanu, you are possessed by a spirit that does not know book talk less of Bible.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by destinable(m): 12:01pm On May 18, 2020
honeyB2018:

Can't you see, that you are just empty and devoid of understanding? Hope you went through my post very well?
Why pick a fight with a man who doesn't even know, that you exists?
Young man, your cognition is baffling. You're right, I should've never had this argument with you because now I'm left picking up fragments of my brain cells your posits shattered. I only pity the people that look up to you biblically.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by ogbaj: 12:30pm On May 18, 2020
Read carefully Matthew 25:31 - 46. Emphasis is on verse 40. To me, this settles it all. The easiest way of giving directly to God is to give to the less privileged and those in need. Verse 40 says when you do so, you do it unto the Lord. This notwithstanding, I give to my church too, the task of winning souls to God cannot be over emphasized. It is the duty of every Christian to ensure the gospel is carried all over the world through evangelism. So part of fulfilling the great commission in Matthew 28:19 - 20 is by giving to the church and missionaries to support evangelism.

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On May 18, 2020
collinslinkis:
This is my problem with some christians they will not start from verse one by will jump to verse 12... pls read from verse one
You are not a LEVITE, so you are to focus on the portion of the Law of Tithing that applies to your person
This is what God COMMANDED you to do with your Tithe in the OLD Covenant. If you intend to live by it, then at least make sure you do exactly as He, the Lord God, has stipulated.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 “Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God. At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops—one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.
24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want—cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food. Then you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.
27 But don’t forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don’t have a share of the land like you have.
28 “At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don’t have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do.

If you disregard his command because you are worried about how the gospel will be spread, that one you will carry with your own head there.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by donmik: 9:30pm On May 18, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

Introduction: If your pastors say giving the needy, widows, orphans 10% of your income is not tithe, that you must pay it to him, then you are attending a business centre, not a church.

Malachi is the favourite book most pastors use to preach tithe. And it is very obvious, they use it because it contains a curse for those who don't pay it. Therefore, it is the 'best' verse used to brainwash Christians.

If you want to preach tithing, preach all verses related to it. Most of these men of God know the other verses but the only one they preach to their audience is Malachi. The sheep they are leading are even lazy to read their own bibles to see the truth for themselves. Note that quarter of truth is no truth, truth must be whole. Don’t add, don't remove.

...If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?..

I was listening to u, thinking u would make sense. Just read your quote above... thank God, I said our own pastor's, not your own. And we are very proud at that.
Now, learn the following:
1. Was there church those days?
2.lf yes, what was the function of the levites?
3. Who are the levites in today's church?

"The kind are the brave". Leave them that give to be giving for what they believe. If u feel envy about them, accept Jesus into your heart and u will change to be like them.

The best source of peace is to love what u believe and and love what u do.

And to my fellow Christians, do know that this kind of reaction from such a person are part of the trials, deceit, persecution, apostasy, frustration and antichristianity we are bound to face. So do allow them mislead your faith in CHRIST. May the course we have chosen continue to shine bright on our journey in Jesus's name. Amen

Tithing is an Old Testament concept, just like circumcision and animal sacrifice. Things Christians were meant to abide to have validations from New testament after death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. There is nowhere tithe was clearly instructed in the New Testament after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The New Testament focuses on giving without compulsion. 2 Corinthians 9:7 captured it very well “Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".

If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?

There is a particular portion of the bible most pastors will never preach to you, and that can be found in Deut 14.22-29. Tithe was instructed to be given to the strangers, orphans, widows etc. How many pastors can boldly tell their members to give their tithes to widows and those in need?

Conclusion, if you want to pay tithe, that's your choice. But don't use outdated and obsolete verses like the one found in Malachi to threaten people. Are some verses outdated? Animal sacrifices were allowed in the Old Testament. After Jesus Christ paid for our sins, it made animal sacrifices to be outdated, and that includes tithes too.

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Mavrick2012: 9:39pm On May 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Ask yourself the big question, if Jesus has [b]Fulfilled [/b]the Old Covenant on your behalf, why do you find yourself still living by a law defined in the Old Covenant and not in the Covenant that Jesus said you should live by instead?
The old covenant is completely different from the new covenant. And it is not possible to put one foot into the old covenant and one foot into the new covenant. It is essentially an ALL or NOTHING deal whichever way you choose. Jesus put it something like this.... you do not put New wine into Old wine skin. Same way you do not put Old wine into new wine skin.

He, Jesus, has already paid the debt you owe as far as the Old Covenant is concerned. Essentially instead the 613 commandments/Statues of the old covenant(a very heavy yoke for even the people of Israel who carry it),Jesus offered us all each only about 46 statutes/commandments to Obey(Jesus said His yoke is like), of which tithing is not even one of them(since it is of a part of and remains a part of the old covenant). So why are you still choosing to follow the old covenant when you have yet exhausted yourself with obeying the new covenant that Jesus has stipulated for you to obey daily?

ya,i get your point now.
I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by donmik: 9:47pm On May 18, 2020
MasterJayJay:
THE TRUTH ABOUT TITHE.

...If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?..

I was listening to u, thinking u would make sense. Just read your quote above... thank God, I said our own pastor's, not your own. And we are very proud at that.

"The kind are the brave". Leave them that give to be giving for what they believe. If u feel envy about them, accept Jesus into your heart and u will change to be like them.

And to my fellow Christians, do know that this kind of reaction from such a person are part of the trials, deceit, persecution, apostasy, frustration and antichristianity we are bound to face. So do allow them mislead your faith in CHRIST. May the course we have chosen continue to shine bright on our journey in Jesus's name. Amen

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by donmik: 10:38pm On May 18, 2020
If you believe in tithing, then you should see other verses of the bible to know how it was applied thousands of years ago. Tithes were not for gentiles, it was for the Jews. Tithes were for the Levites, descendants of Levi. How many of your Pastors that preach Malachi to you are descendants of Levi?..

I was listening to u, thinking u would make sense. Just read your quote above... thank God, u said our own pastor's, not your own. And we are very proud at that.

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by JustTalks(m): 11:10pm On May 18, 2020
Pay your Tithe in your Church where you worship

1 Like

Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by petra1(m): 2:11am On May 19, 2020
JustTalks:

Yea !
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by genkins(m): 7:35am On May 19, 2020
JustTalks:
According to your pastor but nowhere in the bible
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by petra1(m): 5:12pm On May 19, 2020
desiredhome:

What do you mean by the later 2 dies ?

It’s been modified
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by desiredhome: 5:18pm On May 19, 2020
petra1:

It’s been modified
Ok...
Does it mean, it's now the responsibility of the church to take care of the Priestly, the widows and the orphans, the poor in the church?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On May 19, 2020
desiredhome:

Ok...
Does it mean, it's now the responsibility of the church to take care of the Priestly, the widows and the orphans, the poor in the church?
When did God say this? Search your Bible for exactly where Jesus said this.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by petra1(m): 5:28pm On May 19, 2020
desiredhome:

Ok...

It depends but How do you mean ?
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by petra1(m): 5:31pm On May 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Ask yourself the big question, if Jesus has [b]Fulfilled [/b]the Old Covenant on your behalf, why do you find yourself still living by a law defined in the Old Covenant and not in the Covenant that Jesus said you should live by instead?
The old covenant is completely different from the new covenant. And it is not possible to put one foot into the old covenant and one foot into the new covenant. It is essentially an ALL or NOTHING deal whichever way you choose. Jesus put it something like this.... you do not put New wine into Old wine skin. Same way you do not put Old wine into new wine skin.

He, Jesus, has already paid the debt you owe as far as the Old Covenant is concerned. Essentially instead the 613 commandments/Statues of the old covenant(a very heavy yoke for even the people of Israel who carry it),Jesus offered us all each only about 46 statutes/commandments to Obey(Jesus said His yoke is like), of which tithing is not even one of them(since it is of a part of and remains a part of the old covenant). So why are you still choosing to follow the old covenant when you have yet exhausted yourself with obeying the new covenant that Jesus has stipulated for you to obey daily?

Tithe has no connection with Jesus death or the law. Tithe pre existed the law of moses . It was already an operational principle. Just like prayer , worship , alms , meditation etc
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by desiredhome: 5:33pm On May 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:

When did God say this? Search your Bible for exactly where Jesus said this.

Like you just join the thread.. This thread was based on Deotoronomy 26, which your Papa or even you as a pastor I suppose will never read....
Just try and read also the book of Act......
Don't just read Malachi 3:10 because it has to do with money
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On May 19, 2020
desiredhome:

Like you just join the thread.. This thread was based on Deotoronomy 26, which your Papa or even you as a pastor I suppose will never read....
Just try and read also the book of Act......
Don't just read Malachi 3:10 because it has to do with money
I am not a pastor.... don't confuse me with that lot. My papa does not even believe in God.... so screw off that

Deuteronomy 26 was where Law explained the part of the Tithing Law that was for the Levites. Deuteronomy 14 is where God explains what the portion of the Tithing Law that applies to the rest of Israel(the non-Levites)
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On May 19, 2020
petra1:
Tithe has no connection with Jesus death or the law. Tithe pre existed the law of moses . It was already an operational principle. Just like prayer , worship , alms , meditation etc
God had a covenant before His first covenant? Did God know of this?
So what you are saying is long before God instituted His first covenant with Israel, the law of tithing existed? Did God not know of this before He asked Moses to do all he did in preparation of His tithing law in the book of Numbers? So, you are saying that God should not asked Aaron and moses to carry out the census which they did in the book of Numbers of the Levites, and of the other tribes -information which God then used to put together His final tithing formula for the people of Israel? undecided undecided undecided undecided

You need to read the book of Numbers chapter's 1 through Chapter 4, to see that God in fact had a formula as to how the rest of the tribe of Israel paid the portion of their tithe that was to the Levites. A beautiful design indeed!
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by petra1(m): 7:01pm On May 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:

God had a covenant before His first covenant? Did God know of this?

Abrahamic covenant is the biggest of all covenant . He is the father of faith .

So what you are saying is long before God instituted His first covenant with Israel, the law of tithing existed? Did God not know of this before He asked Moses to do all he did in preparation of His tithing law in the book of Numbers? So, you are saying that God should not asked Aaron and moses to carry out the census which they did in the book of Numbers of the Levites, and of the other tribes -information which God then used to put together His final tithing formula for the people of Israel? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Tithes and offering were already existing principle .

You need to read the book of Numbers chapter's 1 through Chapter 4, to see that God in fact had a formula as to how the rest of the tribe of Israel paid the portion of their tithe that was to the Levites. A beautiful design indeed!

God gave them a design but that was not the origin . He only modified an existing principle for them under levitical priesthood . Tithes and offerings existed before that.
Re: Can I Pay My Tithe To My Church And Widows According To Deuteronomy 26:12? by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On May 19, 2020
petra1:

Abrahamic covenant is the biggest of all covenant . He is the father of faith .
Abraham was the father of Israel, not the father of faith. The covenant God made with Abraham did not include the tithing you suggest. Please go and re-read the covenant God made with Abraham. No where does God stipulate tithing of any sort to be included.
You need to read and understand paul's assertion to the Hebrews again to understand what Paul really was saying, instead of trying desperately to re-write scripture to fit the narrative you have in your mind there. God does not make mistakes and He does not change His mind on what He has set in motion. Paul knew of this even when He was speaking to the Hebrews where He mentioned Abraham's one time payment of 10% of his booty from war to Melchizedek, King of Salem.
petra1:

Tithes and offering were already existing principle .
God gave them a design but that was not the origin . He only modified an existing principle for them under levitical priesthood . Tithes and offerings existed before that.
And please where exactly did you find that God modified the existing principle for them under levitical priesthood? He established the priesthood(was that modified as well)?

P.S. God's Tithing law was essentially as sort of taxation system set up for the nation of Israel at that time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

TMC Members Lock Church In Ilorin, Protest Against Pastor / Pastor Blessing Agboli: "Tithes And Offerings Cannot Buy Private Jets" / A Nairalander's Vision Of Heaven.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.