Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Unseating The Mighty Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unseating The Mighty Pdp (4160 Views)

Benin City, The Mighty Medieval Capital Now Lost Without Trace / Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" / Unseating The PDP Government Will Not Be Difficult – APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unseating The Mighty Pdp by santanovva(m): 2:59pm On Jan 16, 2011
No doubt  the PDP is the strongest political party in the country at the moment sadly though the  citizenry  have one sad tale or the other why the party should be humiliated in the 2011 polls.At the just concluded PDP primaries, President Goodluck Jonathan  made Nigerians laugh by effortlessly sending Atiku to the cleaners, making him (Jonathan) the man to beat (can he be beaten?)in the April presidential elections.

Also, contesting for the presidency is  the CPC's  candidate,the former military head of state, Gen Buhari who had (has?) a reputation of being hard, harsh and extremely-pro-islam,old  though DISCIPLINED and anti-corruption however it is feared that his earlier mentioned qualities may dis-endear him to voters who would rather dine with the devil than be under Buhari's leadership (too bad)!

Another candidate in the race worthy of mention is the 'younger version of Buhari'  though he isn't known to be fanatical about religion but can be relied upon to give corruption - the menace that has been killing the country since the first republic a lasting blow, is Nuhu Ribadu. Ribadu,the former EFCC helmsman is young and can be said to be a man of high integrity ( higher than the incumbent?) but despite all his credits, he is but a little David set to confront the mighty giant and PDP's flag bearer, President Jonathan!

Is there any hope for Ribadu?without a strategic merger of CPC and ACN,is there any hope of unseating the PDP?Ribadu and Buhari, being northerners, wont they frustrate each others ambition as it would mean dividing the anti-Jonathan votes from the north? Can the PDP be defeated at all?

Can the ACN be trusted?is their flagbearer,Ribadu(an Obj stooge?)not being presented in order to further divide the northern votes so that at the end of the day,the PDP's candidate(another Obj's stooge?)will win??

Are we stuck forever with the collection of human disasters housed in the PDP?Who can/will free Nigeria from the PDP?
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by ayusco: 4:43pm On Jan 16, 2011
@novva malu hw far grin
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by santanovva(m): 6:11pm On Jan 16, 2011
@Ayusco: Bloody pheedeepee cow, how ya side?Happy new year o!! grin
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Nsiman(m): 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2011
It's not so easy to unseat pdp now
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by purplelady: 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2011
I think pdp took a very intelligent step by having a seemingly transparent primary. This act has bought a lot of nigerians over.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by santanovva(m): 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2011
Yes, the PDP's seemingly transparent primaries was a plus to the party's image, but the same cant be said of the 'respected' ACN' s primaries, too bad!!
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2011
santanovva:

Yes, the PDP's seemingly transparent primaries was a plus to the party's image, but the same cant be said of the 'respected' ACN' s primaries, too bad!!
is anything wrong with ACN chosing a consensus candidate ? undecided tongue
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by santanovva(m): 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2011
Consensus you said, right?based on whose judgments did the candidate become a consensus?Isnt that what a democratic primary elections is supposed to provide?truth be told, ACN's primaries was a shame on the purported democratic party, poly-tricking politician

'you can fool some people some time but you cant fool all the people all the time' - Bob Marley
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2011
is consensus opinion allowed in a democracy ? yes or no ? angry angry
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Nsiman(m): 12:44pm On Jan 17, 2011
@ bleutooth, consensus is not democracy, that is what ruined the pdp in 2007 due to the selection of yar'adua and the aftermath effect the party just went thru after he died.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by santanovva(m): 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2011
Bluetooth, in your own opinion, how do you ascertain the minds of the people regarding the eligibility of a candidate to carry the 'consensus status'?
I got the following in another post, perhaps, it would interest you to take a good look at it:
Raleigh, North Carolina

2011: So Begins The Fall Of The ACN In The Southwest!
« on: January 15, 2011, 10:08 PM »

We have been duped, hoodwinked, taken for a ride. We were warned, but we refused to listen

Over the years, we sat still and believed their premise
-That the PDP were evil and that they were good.
-That the PDP was corrupt and they were pure.
-That the PDP did not believe in democracy, but that they (ACN) were the voice of the people.

But like it is said in Yorubaland, If lies have a 20 year headstart in the race, the truth will always reach and overtake it.

Our faith in the ACN in the South-West rose with the profile of one and only one man - Babatunde Raji Fashola.
We saw him as an example of good governance, and wrongly believed that everyone in ACN would turn out to be like him.

Alas, we were wrong.

So,  here we are full circle, and the  we glance to our backs and see the truth fast approaching.

Fashola is now going through fire. The owners of the party have decided to spare him since he cannot be touched without the people in Lagos revolting. But others haven't been so lucky.

We watched as Lagos ACN primaries turned into a step-down and appointee affair.
- First it was Senator Olorunnibe Mamora - Arguably one of the best Senators in Nigeria, who was told to step down so that a relatively unknown fellow could take his place. It is said that the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know; however, I ask, is the angel you know better than the devil you don't know??

- Next, Fashola's deputy governor is already on the cutting table, soon to be dropped.

- Third, we watched as Remi Tinubu was handed one Senatorial Seat ticket.

- Fourth, Sade Tinubu, was then handed a ticket to the House of Representatives

- Fifth, Her husband who is from Ikogosi-Ekiti was handed his own House of Representative Ticket in Ekiti.

And all this time, we wonder what happened to internal democracy?? What happened to party primaries?? What is the meaning of "Consensus Candidate"??

If a party in power chooses unpopular candidates, does that no indicate a willingness to rig at the general election??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We then go to Oyo state, where Senator Ajimobi won the gubernatorial ticket without the primary taking place. All in the name of consensus candidate. The assembly and representative seats were handed out to chosen individuals.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let us now move to my state. Ekiti State.

We clamored, fought and kicked over the governance of Segun Oni of the PDP, A man who came 3rd in the 2007 primary. A man who we know was rigged into power. We hoped that Kayode Fayemi of the ACN ( A man who also did not win his party primary) would be our saving grace.

He came into power a few months ago and has begun to show his true colors.

First on the list was the Ekiti Senatorial Tickets. Only one of the 3 belonged to ACN. That was the seat held by Senator Bode Ola - A man who fought a battle with Femi Kila of the PDP for more than 2 years at the election Tribunal to recover his mandate.

The party primary for the Ekiti North and South positions was supposedly conducted, and was followed by outcry from the other contestants.
On the same day, the Ekiti Central position primary was supposed  to be held, but was said to have been disrupted.
Two days later, the same fate befell the Assembly and Representative primaries. Gov Fayemi was accused of sending his own list of candidates for declaration.

As of today, which is the INEC deadline, the party is yet to conclude these primaries yet a list is supposedly on the way to INEC right now.

It is now said that the Ekiti Central Senatorial ticket has been handed over to Babafemi Ojudu by Gov. Fayemi, despite the fact that the incumbent has only held that seat for 18 months, and would very likely had won the primary had it been held.

This brings us to the questions

-What exactly do we do with the ACN??

-Are we the yoruba people supposed to trade in our shackles of the PDP and accept that of ACN, Tinubu, Fayemi, and Bisi Akande?? Or are we to begin searching elsewhere for our "saviors"??
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by blacksta(m): 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2011
purplelady:

I think pdp took a very intelligent step by having a seemingly transparent primary. This act has bought a lot of nigerians over.

No wonder the country is backward

so called sham primaries of 11 hours out of 11 years of misrule.

Nigerians are still worst enemies of this country.  

Nothing good can ever come out of pdp - fact  no matter however  they try and bend it.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Nsiman(m): 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2011
Blacksta, are u a dully registered member of any political party?
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by blacksta(m): 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2011
Nsiman:

WHat has party affiliation got to do with bad governance.

Many of you don't realise that your perceptions ( what you see on tv and read in the papers) are completely different what really happens in reality in a typical political setting in Nigeria. 

Nigeria is presently being ruled by mass murders and thieves and the only language this set understands is violence

but yet you watch some sham primaries on tv and u then feel change has come.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Nsiman(m): 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2011
@ blacksta, so u are not dully registered in a political party yet u need a saviour and criticise destructively. No independent candidacy in nigeria ooo. continue to sit on the fence and expect christ to come and rule nigeria
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by santanovva(m): 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2011
Nsiman:

@ blacksta, so u are not dully registered in a political party yet u need a saviour and criticise destructively. No independent candidacy in nigeria ooo. continue to sit on the fence and expect christ to come and rule nigeria

sitting on the fence is one thing we (Nigerians) have been very good at, yet we are quick to participate actively in the blame game.Intellectuals and technocrats who might come to the rescue dont seem to stand a chance, Alas, what will befall Nigeria embarassed embarassed
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Hodaya(m): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2011
To all calling Ribadu 'an Obj's stooge', here is a statement credited to Pat Utomi http://ribadu2011.com/?page_id=459

"While it is fashionable for some to accuse Ribadu of selective prosecution, none have been able to say that he arrested innocent people, No matter how far falsehood has travelled, it must eventually be overtaken by truth." - Pat Utomi

At the moment, wasn't Obj influential to GEJ's victory over Atiku in the PDP primaries, why is GEJ yet to be tagged 'an OBJ's stooge'? All GEJ's supporters need to critically evaluate him and it won't be hard to see all his dirty acts even at the primaries.

If he could help free a man accused of murder and ignore the chaos in Ogun state all to his benefit, don't you think if our needs don't benefit him he will do same?
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Vigilante: 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2011
@Hodaya -the fact that Ribadu the not arrest an innocent person does not mean he did not engage in selective prosecution
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Hodaya(m): 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2011
Vigilante:

@Hodaya -the fact that Ribadu the not arrest an innocent person does not mean he did not engage in selective prosecution

Ok then, compare your case for 'Ribadu's selective prosecution while at EFCC' to GEJ's recent dealings with Folarin and Gbenga Daniel in favour of his presidential campaign during the PDP primaries.

Not forgetting the claim for 'Ribadu's selective prosecution while at EFCC' is baseless.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by santanovva(m): 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2011
Hmn, before now,Ribadu was but a fugitive, running away for his 'evil deeds' while heading the EFCC until the President considered him and gave him 'amnesty' then, out of no where, the erstwhile favoured-fugitive gathers liver and is contesting against the same man that gave him 'fresh air' I think Ribadu's credibility is a subject of concern cry
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by johndoe200: 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2011
Some how it has become fashionable on this forum to fantasize. PDP is by far the largest and strongest of the political parties, to believe that overnight, they are going to simply disappear may be a good fantasy for the other smaller failed parties but anyone with an iota of common sense knows that this is just wishful thinking.

No doubt on NL, PDP has become the smallest party in the world, but I assure you the same dreamers will be here in 2015 discussing how to remove PDP.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by 1025: 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2011
the prayer of every nigerian including the pdp members is CHANGE. but it is really unfortunate that the change this jonatha/obasanjo/sambo combination will bring about will be regretable.
at the end of the day, pdp have fixed all the machinaries to win by all means or call it DO OR DIE as obasanjo will rightly say.
an osama bin laden led govt that is free of pdp will benefit nigerians more than anyone can imagine. at least osama bin laden will give nigerians electricity that we so much need and deserve.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by santanovva(m): 7:17am On Jan 18, 2011
from another perspective,President Jonathan as a man seems very sincere and willing to perform but the problem hinges more on his collection of friends.it is something like 'President Jona and the 40 (may be 400 sef!) thieves'!
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by mrperfect(m): 11:25am On Jan 18, 2011
God knows why there are mighty. If there is real reason for unseating them he will do so without anybody's real effort.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by otukpo(f): 11:25am On Jan 18, 2011
ACN presidential primaries looked like a caricature.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by edicolove: 11:26am On Jan 18, 2011
Sometimes I get really bored with NL and i think the reason is that most of the people posting here are Nigerians in Diaspora who have lost touch with things back home. They form their opinions from the news media who are about the most corrupt sector in Nigeria.

The whole cry of Nigerians is for change, not for change of party. Those who preach change of party are only preaching that from a selfish perspective. They just want to install their own party. They are not doing it becos they love Niaja. The best governor Nigeria has ever produced since 1999 was a PDP governor in the person of Donald Duke of  cross rivers state. Even Fashola has not matched his success yet. Some of the best governors now are still PDP governors like Akpabio of Akwa Ibom and Amaechi of rivers. some of the worst are also PDP like Lucky Igbinedion of Edo and Ibori of Delta. The point is that it is not about the party but people. All parties have good and bad people. Tinubu remains one of the worst crooks of them all even up till now. His company runs the lekki toll gates.

So when I see people come here talking about unseating PDP, i just know they are ACN members disguising as genuine neutrals of NL. PDP just had the best primaries Nigeria has ever seen and believe me because I am on the ground, they have won everyones heart. I just registered for the elections in Lagos and everyone at the poling booth was shouting GEJ's praises. I think we should ignore these guys as they are only indirectly campaigning for their party.

Nigerians should rise and support good  people anywhere you find them and hope things will improve. I like fashola and I think he has done well for Lagos. I like GEJ and I think he is doing very well for Naija. I detest Tinubu and I know he is a crook. Thats the way it should be.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by anonimi: 12:01pm On Jan 18, 2011
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (and/or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by bisiaet: 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2011
To unsit PDP now with the current political dispensation in Nigeria politics will be a serious hard dream. As a matter of fact it is impossible for now maybe possible in the nearest future BUT for now I seriously doubt it, this is a fact no need to pretend about it.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Blazing99: 12:58pm On Jan 18, 2011
Opposition simply needs to unite and become stronger. That's the best solution. Go Ahead Buhari 2011, I pray it becomes a reality
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by blapo(m): 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2011
Nsiman:

I do not think one must be a member of a party before you could vote for whomever you choose as your candidate, as for me if i believe one political party chose someone to represent them out of nepotism, then i will go for my candidate in another party. simple. I think we have many political parties and these gives us opportunity to vote for personalty and not political party.
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2011
PDP can't be defeated in this presidential election, maybe in the next four year, the man Jonathan can't be defeated because God is with him, but in the next four year the story may change
Re: Unseating The Mighty Pdp by blacksta(m): 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2011
H$LBroker:

PDP can't be defeated in this presidential election, maybe in the next four year, the man Jonathan can't be defeated because God is with him, but in the next four year the story may change

No wonder the country is backward-  The lack of basic infrastructure is really affecting Nigerians.  Abeg dont insult God

You say God is with a man that has openly surrounded himself with anointed crooks and mass murderers, A man who released a murderer from Jail so he can come to abuja to vote in primary elections and  with a wife who was caught money laundering

Nigerians are their own enemies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sir Mr. President GEJ, Its Time To Shelve Your 2015 Ambition / BREAKING: Akala Collapses, Rushed To Hospital / Can APC Substitute Buhari If He Is Finally Disqualified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.