Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" (27909 Views)

Bola Tinubu Honored With Customized Statue At A Bridge Named After Him In Lagos / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / The Incumbent President Of Niger Uses Pmb's Photo For Campaign (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by IlajeGal1: 5:53am On Feb 20, 2016
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress(APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has said his most difficult battle ever in life is ousting an incumbent president Goodluck Jonathan in the 2015 gen­eral elections. Tinubu revealed this in an interview with senior editors at The Sun ahead of the Sun Man of the Year Award which the astute politician will be honoured in Lagos later today.

In his words, Tinubu during the interview said,“Presi­dent Jonathan’s battle was the toughest. When you are fighting the incumbent, it is tough. You had the chal­lenge of terrorism; you had a class that is divided and a nation that was almost moving from its focus of religious tolerance and di­versity to religious division. You had a system that had been corrupted beyond any­body’s imagination. People were being bombarded with money in Lagos. But you have to forget personal temptation”.

On how he engaged for­mer President Obasanjo on the political field, Tinubu said, “Obasanjo, during his time disobeyed court order on the disburse­ment of money for local governments in Lagos but you knew where he was coming from; you just had to be careful. That period was also a bit challenging. There are different situa­tions that you had to face with different strategies. But to unseat an incumbent president in Africa was the toughest battle. It was not easy".

On his role in politics as a politi­cal godfather, Tinubu further said “Godfather is not negative but godlords are. They are the mafias. Godfathers ex­ist even in the church. If you call me a godfather, it is alright. I have many chil­dren everywhere.” Explain­ing his position further, Tinubu added that, “You are talking about imposition in a democracy. If you are a strong adviser, you would get blackmailed; you have seen great quali­ties in an individual and one that has capacity to do good; you identify those you believe can deliver on the evolution of good gov­ernance.

"I have a responsi­bility to recommend. My party has a right to reject the person. When I identi­fied Babatunde Fashola, some people shouted impo­sition but when he started to blossom like flowers in the garden, Fashola now became their child. The umbilical chord is buried and the baby has survived. In democracy, sometimes, you have the sprinkle of dictatorship too when you know that you are working on the overall interest of the people. You have facts that some people do not have; so you do not get angry.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/bola-tinubu-unseating-jonathanan-incumbent-president-is-my-most-difficult-battle-ever/

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by modath(f): 5:56am On Feb 20, 2016
“Godfather is not negative but godlords are. They are the mafias. Godfathers ex­ist even in the church. "If you call me a godfather, it is alright. I have many chil­dren everywhere." Explain­ing his position further, Tinubu added that, “You are talking about imposition in a democracy. If you are a strong adviser, you would get blackmailed; you have seen great quali­ties in an individual and one that has capacity to do good; you identify those you believe can deliver on the evolution of good gov­ernance.

Cc ; Firefire , come &see what your nemesis & Sun newspaper "Man of the Year" is saying ooo. cheesy

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by Adamsdelrio(m): 5:57am On Feb 20, 2016
Jagaban 1 of Africa. The man that single handedly destroyed PDP...

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by 234GT(m): 5:58am On Feb 20, 2016
He has been unseated, so free the man and let him rest.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by cckris: 6:02am On Feb 20, 2016
Pyrrhic victory

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by Nobody: 6:05am On Feb 20, 2016
Abgi park well!! The northeners unseated GEJ and not you and your paltry 500,000 votes

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by Firefire(m): 6:11am On Feb 20, 2016
modath:

Cc ; Firefire , come &see what your nemesis & Sun newspaper "Man of the Year" is saying ooo. cheesy

What is the Asiwaju Awon looters saying?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by Flexherbal(m): 6:12am On Feb 20, 2016
Politicians!

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by poshestmina(f): 6:13am On Feb 20, 2016
The North ,their Cows, underage starving almajiris,some Judas in the West and even souh south unseated him undecided

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by Mjshexy(f): 6:14am On Feb 20, 2016
Yes boss u tried but much thanks goes to The Sensible Nigerians who were tired of corruption & cluelessness cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by Firefire(m): 6:17am On Feb 20, 2016
Tinubu the imperial glutton capitalist. The BIGGEST LANDLORD in Africa, the grandmaster of corruption.

Selfish & greedy fellow.

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by pulsa(m): 6:19am On Feb 20, 2016
jagaban 1 of africa

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by luvinhubby(m): 6:22am On Feb 20, 2016
Jagaban & Lai have same calling, lying.

Hausa-Fulani oligarch, coupled with their Niger & Chad alien voters, supported by the under aged almajari votes from Kano, Katsina& Sokoto states unseated GEJ & nothing else.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by alexlee50: 6:24am On Feb 20, 2016
He should not worry, we have just started the story.he will explain to generation of nigeeians how we got to this stage

15 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:28am On Feb 20, 2016
The combination of Tinubu and Amaechi was Jona's worse problem.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by modath(f): 6:28am On Feb 20, 2016
Firefire:

What is the Asiwaju; The slayer of the clueless IB & Goat Inc PDP saying? grin

Said he has heard your complaints about feeling shortchanged on that "rigging" thing you did for him, that he is sorry.

E nor know say e pain you like that,that you should come make e give you councillor position make both of una for rest & you go get peace! grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by luvinhubby(m): 6:33am On Feb 20, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
The combination of Tinubu and Amaechi was Jona's worse problem.

Amaechi lost in his home state & region to PDP, Tinubu narrowly escaped defeat from PDP in his own region, the core North gave Buhari 11 out of his 15 million votes.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by modath(f): 6:34am On Feb 20, 2016
luvinhubby:

Hausa-Fulani oligarch, coupled with their Niger & Chad alien voters, supported by the under aged almajari votes from Kano, Katsina& Sokoto states unseated GEJ & nothing else.

These same people you enumerated "worked" the delegates & also ensured PMB won the primary despite Atiku's major dollarisation .. issokay!

Siddon dia make pant dey wear you!!

If PMB hadn't won that primary, the IB would still be president today!! End of story!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by ddippset(m): 6:35am On Feb 20, 2016
luvinhubby:

so in 2011 whom did the underaged voters vote for? Buhari or Jonathan? Besides some of those só called underraged voters were recruited by the PDP and they voted for Jonathan, or did they write any party on their foreheads? Shebi there are elections today? Get ready o, your whining just got worse from today, the supreme court has said só!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:37am On Feb 20, 2016
luvinhubby:

Amaechi lost in his home state & region to PDP, Tinubu narrowly escaped defeat from PDP in his own region, the core North gave Buhari 11 out of his 15 million votes.
I'm looking at the wider picture which was my dream, the ousting of the evil PDP. Amaechi was the campaign manager of the election. His presence and that of Tinubu in campaign grounds motivated the electorates.

15 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by luvinhubby(m): 6:37am On Feb 20, 2016
modath:

These same people you enumerated "worked" the delegates & also ensured PMB won the primary despite Atiku's major dollarisation .. issokay!

If PMB hadn't won that primary, the IB would still be president today!! End of story!

And Buhari contested the primary with GEJ?

Mister face topic.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by luvinhubby(m): 6:39am On Feb 20, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

I'm looking at the wider picture which was my dream, the ousting of the evil PDP. Amaechi was the campaign manager of the election. His presence and that of Tinubu in campaign grounds motivated the electorates.

Which electorates, almajaris that hear only hausa & kanuri which neighter of them speak.

Moreover, OBJ - evil PDP
.Atiku - evil PDP
.Tambuwal - evil PDP
.Kwakwanso - evil PDP
.Masari - evil PDP
.Amaechi - evil PDP

You want more?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by 989900: 6:39am On Feb 20, 2016
The truth is:

1. GEJ self-destructed.
2. PDP self-destructed.
3. See 1 and 2.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by ddippset(m): 6:40am On Feb 20, 2016
modath:

IB should be 'infectual buff00n', am I right?

7 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by modath(f): 6:44am On Feb 20, 2016
luvinhubby:

And Buhari contested the primary with GEJ?

Mister face topic.

Buhari & Jona are in the same party right

Jesus Do you even understand how these things work? , sorry for asking, you only understand Honda spare parts so you are excused for your skewed logic...

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by luvinhubby(m): 6:46am On Feb 20, 2016
modath:

Buhari & Jona are in the same party right

Jesus Do you even understand how these things work? , sorry for asking, you only understand Honda spare parts so you are excused for your skewed logic...

The joke obviously is on you as comprehension have seemed to elude you.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by modath(f): 6:49am On Feb 20, 2016
ddippset:
IB should be 'infectual buff00n', am I right?

IB is international Bobo. cheesy cheesy

luvinhubby:

The joke obviously is on you as comprehension have seemed to elude you.

Nna abeg day don break, comot for Internet, go open your shop, political discuss with sound & logical reasoning is not your forte!!!!!

Did PMB not contest against IB in '11, why didn't he win then despite getting northern votes? So the NC & SW didn't count for 2015?

Drop unnecessary tribal & religious bias!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by Bhella5(m): 6:51am On Feb 20, 2016
Bashorun Gaa. Omo akin more grease more victories to your CV JAGABAN.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by orisa37: 6:53am On Feb 20, 2016
While you were doing all these, I called you warlock and Remi witch, GEJ did not understand the formula, he kept basking in his stubbornness to OBJ. But now, you are a "political terrorist".

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by omowolewa: 7:05am On Feb 20, 2016
Tinubu for Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yoruba Land
Bhella5:
Bashorun Gaa. Omo akin more grease more victories to your CV JAGABAN.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" by Aufbauh(m): 7:08am On Feb 20, 2016
JAGABAN the undisputed talented hunter and a proven talent hunter!
The proverbial cat with nine lives who survives the turmoil of opposition politics through thick and thin over different epoch of administrations.
He was called names, abused, ridiculed and slandered through documentaries, advertorials and other media outlets yet he remained resolute. In the end he was begged by distractors for forgiveness, about to receive award from one of his sworn rival and won in every sides.
JAGABAN came, he saw and conquered!

33 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Aliyu Giwa’s White Wedding / Why I Am Challenging Ambode - Deji Sanwo-Olu Submits Nomination Form (Photo) / Police Arrest Shi’ite Members After Clash In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.