Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? (4183 Views)

Pictures Of Guns And Rifles Allegedly Recovered By DSS From Dasuki. / Girl Gets Raped Second Time After Police Use Her To Try To Catch Her Rapist / Police Use Live Bullets To Disperse Protesting Youths In Kaduna. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by razznaija(f): 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2011
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2011
No, it will just become another weapon in their extortion business. What we need is a complete overhaul of the Nigerian police. I'm not even sure if we can call them police. They kill, rob, extort money! Isn't that what criminals do as well?
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Horus(m): 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2011
Why do you want armed robbers to use tasers?
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2011
Please keep tasers away from those neathertaals. It is bad enough that they carry guns and intimidate poor citizens on a regular basis. You given them the ability to stop a person's heart without leaving a mark, and you will probably see more cases of police brutality.

Worse, robbers will likely be more able to acquire the tasers from some of the many corrupt officers out there. If robbers start to taser their victims in that country, na wahala ooo.
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by BlackBaron: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2011
Why put in the hands of these bunch of irresponsible,badly trained security apparatus undecided

The citizens would become guinea pigs.

Bus conductors will get tasered when they refuse to dole out the obligatory #20 bill.

Sitting on a bench. . .'zap zap'
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by eghost247(m): 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2011
NPF!!!! Tasers are you kidding?
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2011
They will so Taser u to death, they should give them cain, at least not easy to flog someone to death
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Slyr0x: 12:41pm On Nov 14, 2011
BlackBaron:

Why put in the hands of these bunch of irresponsible,badly trained security apparatus undecided

The citizens would become guinea pigs.

Bus conductors will get tasered when they refuse to dole out the obligatory #20 bill.

Sitting on a bench. . .'zap zap'

Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by gulfer: 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2011
razznaija:

Almost everyday we hear of the Nigerian police Killing innocent citizens. I think the Nigerian government should make them use tasers instead, at least it would save more lives.

[img]http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTATDgYg-St_whUsBYRhTUiS1zhetXa0WNg8xMOZe2Jcf-hNwls_50S3A:http://blog.amnestyusa.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/taser.jpg[/img]
[img]http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrox2qf1rly397Ed7ZuUfdphRIKzRwDoyFjlkEbyeNBqesNQ-TAaZEzjQ:http://1.bp..com/_FNndI0BvPNA/TCycYfONm4I/AAAAAAAABgY/Zk5_8XNEFcE/s1600/advanced-taser.jpg[/img]

And here is also a link, if you don't know what a taser is; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroshock_weapon

Don't even think about doing that because they misuse even batons and belts. Tazers will be used indiscriminately and FYI they can be lethal on some parts of the body. If this will be introduced, they require specila training and should be made to sign a code of conduct on use.
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by freecocoa(f): 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2011
I support the giving of cane instead,teaser ke,that na from frying pan to fire na.
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by kings112(m): 1:44pm On Nov 14, 2011
This is technology.
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by violent(m): 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2011
we should give them some of this instead

Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 14, 2011
violent:

LWKMD
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by coolluk(m): 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2011
Water gun?!!!!!

Lwkmd, This guy don madt
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Tolulop001(f): 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2011
violent:

correct! ! ! grin grin grin
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2011
Collect everything from them and let them use their hands afterall you don't get to see policemen on the street in common dubai !
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by BigMeat2: 3:27pm On Nov 14, 2011
i laff oyinbo laff
give our police tasers is definetely a path to more deaths in police custody
because they will just abuse the use of the weapon
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by teeboyseve(m): 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2011
Honestly, its not a bad idea. At least it will reduce how they kill innocent citizens. We can then have an (ARU) Armed Response Unit, which can only be dispatched when the need occurs i.e robbery or terrorism.
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by kodylicky(f): 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2011
they should use pepper spray angry
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by itoldu: 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2011
we are nigerians. we are the most creative intellectuals in the world. We would find a way to bypass its effects. you give a policeman a taser, all those with heart problems in the country are dead(i'm suspecting that was how Yar'adua left. maybe he stepped on Turai's toes). They would also have an excuse for not showing up at robbery scenes. why waste time and money on such an idea? it's not worth it
@razznaija, don't tell me u are heading for politics cos all the seats would have been taken before your election if this is really your idea
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by godman01(m): 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2011
That will be total power to them, since they know they can use it on you(who is not willing to pay) and won't die.
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:30pm On Nov 14, 2011
Another way to put people in hospital beds without killin them
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by ndcide(m): 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2011
where can i get one to buy. i want to buy one urgently. teser or stun gun. any one with the info should plz come up with it.
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by kemmeye: 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2011
lol please no they'll miss use it and tase everyone for no apparent reason
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 14, 2011
Don't Nigerian policemen just run when they see robbers coming anyway ?  undecided
So I don't think they need those guns they already carry.

One thing though I will ask is why do policemen carry rifles? a rifle is army spec.
Policemen should carry pistols, with rifles only in the vehicles for special use.
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by runsgirl: 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2011
No need
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Macavelius(m): 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2011
I don't think this should be allowed, it will be an avenue for some corrupt police officials to enrich themselves with contracts and provide sub-standard tasers, thus endangering the public
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by ebere1712: 12:18am On Nov 15, 2011
stick guns sounds better to me.
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Vindy: 2:42am On Nov 15, 2011
will like buying it for myself and love once, for personal protection.
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by lilkech(m): 5:53am On Nov 15, 2011
Give dem catapult , Itz 4 d best , At least b4 they bend down to find stones d driver will have zoomed off
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 15, 2011
lilkech:

Give dem catapult , Itz 4 d best , At least b4 they bend down to find stones d driver will have zoomed off
grin

But i will still prefer they give them KONDO Just only that PANELBEATERs And DOCTORS would make money from the result of damage windscreens and broken Heads
Re: Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:01am On Nov 15, 2011
Nigerian Police and Teasers?! shocked

Abeg leave them with their AK-47's, atleast if police kill you, evidence of woundjury go dey your body, with teasers, Na shocking spree o!! They will teaser someone to death, walk away and tell the court he died of heart attack and not police brutality.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo-olikoye Ransome Kuti, Jimmy Carter And Obasanjo. / Tinubu And Fashola Clapping Admirably For The "Clueless One". / GEJ VisitS Lord's Chosen Church For The Annual Sorrow To Joy Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.