Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping (2839 Views)

My Experience.....Does Ladies With Spirit Husband Or Ogbanje Exist / Man Throws Lady Out Of Hotel Room At Night For Refusing Sex After Eating Money / Maurizio Zanfanti Dies While Sleeping With A 23-Year-Old Tourist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Calapar(m): 7:23pm On May 19, 2020
Hello Nairalanders
There was a time a friend was having a lot of issues. Now he told me one strange thing: most of the nights when he was asleep, at the middle of the night, one strange force would compress a side of his mattress. He would feel it to the extent of waking up but wouldn't be able to open his eyes or do anything. He'd be shaking and be afraid until this thing would go away. He told me and I said he'd try to call out the name, Jesus or blood of Jesus.
He stopped experiencing this long ago until lately. His side of the mattress went down again and he felt it. He struggled to talk. It was like he was handicapped but he managed to call the name, Jesus and His blood and the strange spirit went away but he was very afraid. Till now, he hasn't encountered anything like that.
Has anyone had experience with spirit at night while sleeping? Please share your experience, let's learn.

2 Likes

Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Collins300(m): 7:24pm On May 19, 2020
Chai
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by HarunaWest(m): 7:28pm On May 19, 2020
That is symptoms of Malaria Fever..

2 Likes

Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:29pm On May 19, 2020
Confirm if he is lying facing up, as in laying down on his back (nose pointing out to the ceiling). It is likely to occur, I think it's sleeping paralysis.

7 Likes

Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Calapar(m): 7:36pm On May 19, 2020
What I don't understand is the part of the mattress going down....
Stephenmoka4:
Confirm if he is lying facing up, as in laying down on his back (nose pointing out to the ceiling). It is likely to occur, I think it's sleeping paralysis.
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Hatima: 7:36pm On May 19, 2020
Calapar:
Hello Nairalanders
There was a time a friend was having a lot of issues. Now he told me one strange thing: most of the nights when he was asleep, at the middle of the night, one strange force would compress a side of his mattress. He would feel it to the extent of waking up but wouldn't be able to open his eyes or do anything. He'd be shaking and be afraid until this thing would go away. He told me and I said he'd try to call out the name, Jesus or blood of Jesus.
He stopped experiencing this long ago until lately. His side of the mattress went down again and he felt it. He struggled to talk. It was like he was handicapped but he managed to call the name, Jesus and His blood and the strange spirit went away but he was very afraid. Till now, he hasn't encountered anything like that.
Has anyone had experience with spirit at night while sleeping? Please share your experience, let's learn.
I have and it's not pleasant..
if he's not a Christian or not a committed one..he should repent and rededicate his life to Christ, go for deliverance or self deliver, he should get a Bible king James version and start by reading one chapter in the morning and at night, he should pick at least a day to fast every week, he should look for apostle Joshua Selman sermons online and pray along, Pray every midnight even if it's for 10 min and most importantly flee from sin..Goodluck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Calapar(m): 7:36pm On May 19, 2020
Not at all
HarunaWest:
That is symptoms of Malaria Fever..
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by vickyfrancis1(m): 7:37pm On May 19, 2020
E resemble wetin hunger Dy do... I have had similar experience until I ate and realized the cause.

1 Like

Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by USarmyID(m): 7:39pm On May 19, 2020
Maybe he is hallucinating. It's called Sleep Paralysis though. Our brain sometimes create make-beliefs of dark creatures or animals or witches whenever it happens. Research on it sha.
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Phenomenal16(f): 7:39pm On May 19, 2020
That's an attack...this life is more spiritual than physical......
He need to up his prayer life

6 Likes

Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Baloranking(m): 7:40pm On May 19, 2020
grin

Nairalanders always quick to say nonsense on every topic.

Op scientist see that situation as "sleep paralysis" caused by stress.

Others see it as some demonic encounter making them unable to move or speak mostly happens early in the morning 2am-5am,make a research on "night hag" you'll understand better.

For those asking him when last he checked for malaria. It's real oh

I've experienced it, you won't be able to move or speak for some minutes, like someone is ontop of you. Some see it as a normal occurrence while others see it as a supernatural experience.

4 Likes

Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Okoroawusa: 7:41pm On May 19, 2020
When last did you treat heavy malaria with small typhoid?
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Calapar(m): 7:41pm On May 19, 2020
Can you share your own please? This thing is scary.
Hatima:

I have and it's not pleasant..
if he's not a Christian or not a committed one..he should repent and rededicate his life to Christ, go for deliverance or self deliver, he should get a Bible king James version and start by reading one chapter in the morning and at night, he should pick at least a day to fast every week, he should look for apostle Joshua Selman sermons online and pray along, Pray every midnight even if it's for 10 min and most importantly flee from sin..Goodluck
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by sanemind2(m): 7:41pm On May 19, 2020
Hope is not malaria oh, because malaria don make me reason like "The Flash" for my dream before.
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:42pm On May 19, 2020
Calapar:
What I don't understand is the part of the mattress going down....
This is the sleeping position I was asking earlier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by temblor1(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2020
I'll have to prescribe Jedi-Jedi for him. Two teaspoons in the morning and at night and tell him to remember not to close his eyes completely while sleeping.
Goodluck cheesy
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Hatima: 7:47pm On May 19, 2020
Calapar:
Can you share your own please? This thing is scary.
there was an instance where I felt my hands tied as well as my legs and I could hear drumming..It was even difficult to yell Jesus..but I did and got free
Another time, there was a shadowy figure on me, pressing my face to the pillow, yelled Jesus fought it off but had a scratch on my face.
The last one was..after praying, I felt an entity raise my mattress and tried to fold it with me in it..
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Dabronze(m): 7:52pm On May 19, 2020
It truly happen!
it is caused by land where d house was built on
some of this land that we are buying and building our houses now are once Forest with big tree some of the demon spirit living in this forest still remain in the ground after the forest has cleared.
In the night most especially whenever there is darkness they usually come out to perform there duties
when they see human they will cease all the sences of that person so tha the person wil not tell anybody about wot you see
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Calapar(m): 7:53pm On May 19, 2020
Lol...this isn't hunger! In fact, the dude was having issues with his ex wife then. And it happened when he wasn't bleeping his ex. I asked him to confront the spirit.
vickyfrancis1:
E resemble wetin hunger Dy do... I have had similar experience until I ate and realized the cause.
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Hatima: 7:54pm On May 19, 2020
Dabronze:
It truly happen!
some of this land that we are buying and building our houses now are once Forest with big tree some of the demon spirit living in this forest still remain in the ground after the forest has cleared.
In the night most especially whenever there is darkness they usually come out to perform there duties
when they see human they will cease all the sences of that person so tha the person wil not tell anybody about wot you see
I agree with you, but not always, sometimes they are sent or projections of people out for you
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Calapar(m): 7:54pm On May 19, 2020
Nah!
sanemind2:
Hope is not malaria oh, because malaria don make me reason like "The Flash" for my dream before.
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Calapar(m): 7:55pm On May 19, 2020
I know but don't think that was the issue.
Stephenmoka4:
This is the sleeping position I was asking earlier
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Hatima: 7:56pm On May 19, 2020
Calapar:
Lol...this isn't hunger! In fact, the dude was having issues with his ex wife then. And it happened when he wasn't bleeping his ex. I asked him to confront the spirit.
Confront the Spirit? The only way you can challenge that spirit is when you have a solid prayer or spiritual life..or get a good church that will be your covering..if not.leave audio Bible or prayers on till daybreak

1 Like

Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Calapar(m): 7:58pm On May 19, 2020
Lmao
Okoroawusa:
When last did you treat heavy malaria with small typhoid?
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by u11ae1013: 7:59pm On May 19, 2020
Atitee in yoruba

It's a demonic spirit(incubus spirit)
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Calapar(m): 8:01pm On May 19, 2020
Oh my God! Did you see the scratch on your face when you woke up? It's always good to read the Bible. You'd know verses to fight
Hatima:

there was an instance where I felt my hands tied as well as my legs and I could hear drumming..It was even difficult to yell Jesus..but I did and got free
Another time, there was a shadowy figure on me, pressing my face to the pillow, yelled Jesus fought it off but had a scratch on my face.
The last one was..after praying, I felt an entity raise my mattress and tried to fold it with me in it..
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by ruffhandu: 8:02pm On May 19, 2020
Calapar:
Hello Nairalanders

Yes, was happening to me when I was a teenager. Did all sorts to make it stop, but no way. The worst is that I won't even be able to utter a word when the thing is on me. It happens if I sleep with my face down, the reason I only slept then with my face up. But the moment I gave my life to Christ, I didn't even pray about it, it just stopped, till today.

When I served in Cross River, one of us, a male copper, was sleeping with this small girl, really small girl, the type I should tag Child Abuse. She was one of his students I think (secondary school).
One day, the girl's mother travelled and left her alone at home. Both conspired for the guy man to come sleep over. My people, that Calabar 'winch' something attacked and pressed the guy at night. He was distressed as that seemed to be his first time of experiencing such.

By morning, he narrated his experience to his girl friend who blamed the guy for not telling immediately he had the experience. According to the girl, once you get up from that oppression, if you rush outside, towards your window or so, you'll see the 'winch' running away, naked. (I been never hear this one before).

The story no end there. Since that day, the demon had access to the guy and would now visit him in his lodge. The guy was so perplexed that he had to open up to me one day when I visited him and noticed he was struggling to sleep during the day while I was with him.

He said his worst nightmare at that time was that the 'winch' now attacks him even during the day, once he closes his eyes in sleep. Meaning he stays awake all night, and during the day, the demon seems to be in front of him watching his eyes, as soon as they are shut, the experience starts. It didn't matter his sleeping position, even if he was sleeping on a chair. Mine had to be only in the night, and I had to be sleeping face down.
I pitied him. He was miserable.

I don't know how he sorted himself out. He was a marijuana smoker then, and an atheist. But I learnt he turned Christian some years back. That experience almost drove that guy mad. It's never a sweet experience.

2 Likes

Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Hatima: 8:05pm On May 19, 2020
Calapar:
Oh my God! Did you see the scratch on your face when you woke up? It's always good to read the Bible. You'd know verses to fight
yes I did...see ehn..this life is spiritual and the heart of man is desperately wicked...
let me tell you a secret, the more he reads the Bible, pray and live right, God will begin to show him things that will shock him..some of the attack I got were from ppl I did not expect...God is all we have
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Calapar(m): 8:06pm On May 19, 2020
I tire oh! But this dude later changed apartment not because of that though. He only experienced it once in the new apartment and that was the only time he was able to fight.
Dabronze:
It truly happen!
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Calapar(m): 8:08pm On May 19, 2020
Lol...but he did it when he yelled the name, Jesus and His blood with faith. Only that oooo.
Hatima:

Confront the Spirit? The only way you can challenge that spirit is when you have a solid prayer or spiritual life..or get a good church that will be your covering..if not.leave audio Bible or prayers on till daybreak
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Hatima: 8:12pm On May 19, 2020
Calapar:
Lol...but he did it when he yelled the name, Jesus and His blood with faith. Only that oooo.
That is good..but when he begins to strengthen and empower his spirit man..they will be scared of him..even when they try he will overcome without even uttering a word. This should be an eye opener for him that he should hold God tight.
Re: Encounter With Spirit At Night While Sleeping by Calapar(m): 8:16pm On May 19, 2020
This life is a misery I swear. It's good for a man to be spiritually strong! The narration just dey make laugh...
ruffhandu:

One day, the girl's mother travelled and left her alone at home. Both conspired for the guy man to come sleep over. My people, that Calabar 'winch' something attacked and pressed the guy at night. He was distressed as that seemed to be his first time of experiencing such.

By morning, he narrated his experience to his girl friend who blamed the guy for not telling immediately he had the experience. According to the girl, once you get up from that oppression, if you rush outside, towards your window or so, you'll see the 'winch' running away, naked. (I been never hear this one before).

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did You Cope For Days Without Nairaland. / Should I Break By Girlfriend's Heart To Tame Her? / I Need An Advice From Y'all

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.