Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,525 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) (117304 Views)

Toothless, Two-fingered Dinosaur From 68 Million Yrs Ago Found In Mongolia (Pix) / Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) / Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by rolams(m): 5:38pm On May 21, 2020
All their discoveries are always express in millions. Nonsense!
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Hameex(m): 5:38pm On May 21, 2020
cheesy :Dbiko help me ask oh
mytime24:
380M what

Hw dem take knw
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 5:38pm On May 21, 2020
simplesearch:

Did you birth yourself?

No.
My mother did. cheesy
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by CodeTemplar: 5:38pm On May 21, 2020
simplesearch:

God created beast and all the living creatures on the fifth day and man on the sixth. So biblically speaking, there existed no tangible period of distance between both creatures to warrant invisibility and ignorance. Infact all animals according to biblical narratives were named by Adam the first human being created by God.
God told Noah to replenish after the flood. He also told Adam same after creation.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Jabioro: 5:39pm On May 21, 2020
Dem see fish for desert and it dated back to 380millions years...make I no ask questions way go scattered their scamming process
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by malvisguy212: 5:41pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:
I'd rather believe this than believe that a man made dry bones to rise again. cheesy
and you will also believe ape give rise to human .
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by simplesearch: 5:42pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:

No.
My mother did. cheesy

Fine, so will you love to die someday?
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 21, 2020
Traditional stories:
Long long long time ago, when anus and mouth used to exchange function, there exists a....

Scientific stories:
419 Lillion years ago, when the earth was still an embryo in the uterus of the barren big bang,....

Stuffs like this aren't to be taken too seriously, just say Whao! and move on.

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 21, 2020
michlins:
It's easier to believe that a donkey and snake talked than to believe that an animal whose bones you can see lived before us.

Don't disturb me, I'm not alright

And is it not gross stupidity to not believe that a world wide Flood happened sometime during the time of a man called Noah, but to believe that a Giant Fish is found in Sahara desert?

What on earth could have taken a Giant Fish to a desert if not a flood and not a mere flood but of a magnitude big enough to wash off such a Big Animal.

Giant fish found in the Desert. The fish must have been living in sand. grin

The Bible Can't be mocked!!!

Another name for Atheism is Stupidity.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by pjhyde: 5:45pm On May 21, 2020
GOFRONT:
380 million years........I mean when did the earth came into existence??
About 4.6 billion years ago
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 5:45pm On May 21, 2020
malvisguy212:
and you will also believe ape give rise to human .

Quote where I said that... cheesy
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by pjhyde: 5:47pm On May 21, 2020
donvicky2007:
Wow
This shows that Sahara desert was once a sea
For crude oil to be produced in the sahara, then it probably was once under the sea
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by fortran12: 5:48pm On May 21, 2020
money121:
Allahu Akbar
Take beer
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by pjhyde: 5:54pm On May 21, 2020
Daum:
If the sahara was once a sea
Hmmmm
Then some day earth will be like Mars.
Dry and empty
Most likely, maybe Venus will then be habitable. That's why smart governments are already looking into the future and investing massively in space research, studying the past in order to project into the future.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by nextstep(m): 5:54pm On May 21, 2020
simplesearch:

What evidence do you have to prove that such event actually occured 66mil yrs ago, and what's the name of the scientist that witness the occurence? How do you know he wasn't just a shrewed liar who published same to gain popularity? If he was, how do you go about extracating yourself from such web of lies?

We look at clues: there's a giant Chicxulub crater buried underneath the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico, about 150 kilometers in diameter and 20 kilometers deep. Shocked quartz, a gravity anomaly, and tektites in surrounding areas suggest the impact and radioactive dating give good estimates of when it happened. Radioactive-dating of fossils show that the impact crater rocks and the fossils were buried at about the same time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicxulub_crater

Paraphrasing from https://www.fossilera.com/pages/dating-fossils:
"Radioactive-dating is able to determine the age of a rock or fossil thus: isotopes (equal numbers of protons but different numbers of neutrons) of break down at a constant rate over time through radioactive decay. By measuring the ratio of the amount of the original (parent) isotope to the amount of the (daughter) isotopes that it breaks down into an age can be determined."

It would take a lot of shrewd scientists to all agree to a lie, and the evidence is quite compelling.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by fortran12: 5:56pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:

It's funny that you said faith(the belief in something with absence of evidence) can sense the lies in science (which deals with facts).
You need to go back to school. tongue
Science keeps changing its position, its not constant but faith is
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by pjhyde: 5:57pm On May 21, 2020
Globad:

What of uranium-thorium dating?
Its called radio active dating sir. Rubidium, Strontium, and many other radioactive elements. But for organic substances, carbon 14 dating is mostly used
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by malvisguy212: 5:59pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:

No my brother... It doesn't disprove it, and it can never disprove it because, the existence of God has never been proven.
What hasn't been proven cannot be disproved. cheesy
what you reject, shouldn't you be the one to disprove His existence?

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Faithful4real(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:

If mentioning me all the time gives you joy, then I'm happy to be the reason behind your happiness. cheesy

No, just mentioning you so that you can repent.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by simplesearch: 6:00pm On May 21, 2020
CodeTemplar:
God told Noah to replenish after the flood. He also told Adam same after creation.

Now you can see how the law of replenishment as commanded by God took effect both in Adam and Noah leading to the presertvation of the human race. If you can believe this why is it hard for you to beleieve the same God if he tells you those creatures are within 6,000 yrs of age and no more. Science is good it is the contiuation of God's works on earth by his highest creatures created after his own image, infact he plainly told man to be fruitful and multiply, replenish the earth and subdue it, meaning research what i've created, try to know more about the things I didn't plainly explain to you. But the line is drawn where He PLAINLY TELLS you something with assurance and truthfulness, and a man who cannot prolong his days in the name of science or scientific discovery tells you otherwise and you believe such at the expense of Gods revealed truth, such a person will not go unpunished, for undermining the highest authority that controls the universe taking him for a liar. Take this for a fact, anywhere science differs from God they are always found to be liars, even if it takes a millenium to unearth such lies.

2 Likes

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Bellotelli: 6:00pm On May 21, 2020
These people will just see scattered stones and classify it to be a living thing.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by malvisguy212: 6:00pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:

Quote where I said that... cheesy
Evolution, right or wrong?
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by ledaman: 6:00pm On May 21, 2020
Scientist are great liars !
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2020
Faithful4real:

No, just mentioning you so that you can repent.

Why?
Was it the holy spirit that sent you?
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by pjhyde: 6:02pm On May 21, 2020
BackToLife:
Noah's flood that covered the whole Earth then washed those fishes there and killed the dinosaurs too.
This is catarstrophism, and its a theory that has long been put aside
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Faithful4real(m): 6:04pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:

Why?
Was it the holy spirit that sent you?

cheesy just doing the work of God.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 6:04pm On May 21, 2020
malvisguy212:
what you reject, shouldn't you be the one to disprove His existence?

Who's this guy sef?

Mr man, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.
So if I claim unicorns exists...
Do you expect me to ask you to give me proof that Unicorns don't exist?

3 Likes

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by pjhyde: 6:07pm On May 21, 2020
Philadelphia:
How long does it take an organic matter to decay/ decompose?

Scientists they tell me say 380 million years later, them see fish bone.

Science is gradually turning out to be a joke as the day goes by.

Meanwhile, OP, when you say pic, I wasn't expecting to see pictures of bones but pictures of the fish itself.
Just type fossils on google, you will find out
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 6:07pm On May 21, 2020
Faithful4real:

cheesy just doing the work of God.

Then God should direct you and your likes to change the heart of Boko haram, who are killing innocent men, women and children.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Faithful4real(m): 6:08pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:

Then God should direct you and your likes to change the heart of Boko haram, who are killing innocent men, women and children.

Oh, some people are already doing it. But we don't have to post it on social media. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by malvisguy212: 6:09pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:

Who's this guy sef?

Mr man, the burden of proof is on the one making the claim.
So if I claim unicorns exists...
Do you expect me to ask you to give me proof that Unicorns don't exist?
we are not asking you or forcing you to believe, it's two options, believe or reject.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) / Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex / Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.