Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) (117365 Views)

Toothless, Two-fingered Dinosaur From 68 Million Yrs Ago Found In Mongolia (Pix) / Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) / Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 6:10pm On May 21, 2020
Faithful4real:

Oh, some people are already doing it. But we don't have to post it on social media. cheesy

So why are Boko harm members still at work?
Or your God loves watching people suffer? cheesy
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by pjhyde: 6:10pm On May 21, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Please do a little more research.

There is no accurate dating method.
There are relative dating that gives idea of materials and structures are relative to one another. There are principles and laws that guide this. Check out uniformitarianism
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by gibzzhd: 6:13pm On May 21, 2020
donvicky2007:
Wow
This shows that Sahara desert was once a sea
That's what science say about geological times.What exist then was mountains and oceans.all the low lands we see today are product of sedimentations over millions of years that have lowered mountains and filled some part of the seas to form low lands.They sound like folk tales but I choose to believe SCIENCE.
You know the vast deserts of lybia has a rich deposit if crude(fossil fuel). EXPLAIN?

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Faithful4real(m): 6:14pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:

So why are Boko harm members still at work?
Or your God loves watching people suffer? cheesy

My God don't love watching people suffer that was why he sent Jesus. But your kind when they act as god you will see bad things.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by gibzzhd: 6:15pm On May 21, 2020
malvisguy212:
and you will also believe ape give rise to human .
yes I do
Even biblical creation story follows evolutionary trend.THINK ABOUT IT
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2020
malvisguy212:
we are not asking you or forcing you to believe, it's two options, believe or reject.

Eyah... So now it's believe or reject? Lol.
It's good that you've finally come to the conclusion that since God hasn't been proven to exist, therefore he doesn't, untill his existence is proved. cheesy
If you can't prove it, don't expect me to disprove it.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2020
Faithful4real:

My God don't love watching people suffer that was why he sent Jesus. But your kind when they act as god you will see bad things.

Eyah... So the reason why God allows innocent women and children to keep suffering is because I don't believe in him?
Lol, God acts like baby whose candy was taken away from him.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by DaRuud(m): 6:19pm On May 21, 2020

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 21, 2020
Some mofo will just bring some false theory to force it down out throat here.

They have forgotten that many of us here are lettered....just to think of it....what prove do they have that the fish lived for 380 million years...who is counting each birthday...

Folks, I may be quiet but I'm not a fool

1 Like

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by nextstep(m): 6:20pm On May 21, 2020
fortran12:
Science keeps changing its position, its not constant but faith is

Science is a constant re-evaluation of understanding, based on new evidence, new theories, and tools.

In other words, science could not explain electromagnetic radiation in 1800s. It can now, and the new understanding is the basis for (e.g. cellular phone infrastructure). Science could not explain flight. Now there is a clear understanding of fluid dynamics and an explosion of all kinds of planes. Same thing with the discovery of cosmic microwave background radiation (helped us theorize Big Bang), and the discovery of dinosaur fossils (which have helped us understand the true age oF Earth).

I'd take scientific revisions based on new discoveries over faith baked in history of life 2000 years ago.

Faith did not bring us telescopes, vaccines, radios, powered flight, computers, Internet. Faith didn't even invent metallurgy; creating metal from ore is an engineering marvel from 3,000 years ago, brought to us by scientific knowledge of that time. It didn't bring agriculture, fishing, or wine making (those all require some level of technology and science - making hoes, fishing nets, or distillation apparatus).

Left to faith, all we would have done since then would be pray and sing, gather fruits and remain naked.

3 Likes

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by 27Pushing30: 6:23pm On May 21, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Carbon dating has been found to be false and inconsistent.

A penguin in our present time was recently carbon dated and it dated back to millions of years.

Also a fossil was found and different parts of its bones were carbon dated, all parts of the body of this same creature came back with different dates by a wide margin.

There are many other things also that even show the lies of evolution being taught in schools.

The images for the different species of sapiens were mostly drawn off the top of ones head just by looking at a tooth or a small part of a skull.

But you know people especially the so called nairaland atheists don't do their research so they would swallow any deception.

Ok so what about religion... nothing has been disproved? Lol
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by hyperflex(m): 6:25pm On May 21, 2020
GOFRONT:
380 million years........I mean when did the earth came into existence??

I believe the earth has existed for millions of years before the land was somehow separated from the ocean and evolution of sea and land animals began.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by emmyrate1(m): 6:26pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:
Waiting for religious clowns to come here and try to disprove this.
If you don't believe that scientists can discover things which dates back to millions of years, but believe that a virgin gave birth to a boy who walked on water and then died, only to wake up three days later and ascend into the sky, then you're a compound fool.
it's only a fool like u will believe that craps , the scientist haven't told us when the world came into existence but they will dish out millions of years when making research on fosil and carbon dating. When was the world created?
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 6:28pm On May 21, 2020
emmyrate1:
When was the world created?

Lol, I don't know.
Do you?
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Jeromejnr(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2020
27Pushing30:

Ok so what about religion... nothing has been disproved? Lol

No Sir.

The dinosaurs were also written about in the oldest book of the bible.

Way before Archeology existed.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Kelejonz: 6:29pm On May 21, 2020
GOFRONT:

Over 4.5 billion years ago
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by wiseman1494(m): 6:30pm On May 21, 2020
GOFRONT:
The the earth is approximately 4.6 billion years old.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Kelejonz: 6:32pm On May 21, 2020
Salvador1:
U say 380 million years

Does human beings existed then?

No,

Human beings are less than 300k old
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Kelejonz: 6:33pm On May 21, 2020
tolimaxman:
380 million years? Scientific scam

Your phone/system na scam
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 21, 2020
Jeromejnr:

A penguin in our present time was recently carbon dated and it dated back to millions of years.

Also a fossil was found and different parts of its bones were carbon dated, all parts of the body of this same creature came back with different dates by a wide margin.

There are many other things also that even show the lies of evolution being taught in schools.

The images for the different species of sapiens were mostly drawn off the top of ones head just by looking at a tooth or a small part of a skull.

But you know people especially the so called nairaland atheists don't do their research so they would swallow any deception.
your source please
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 21, 2020
Everything found that lived millions of years ago was a giant. Science scams.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Blackmiserable(m): 6:38pm On May 21, 2020
kingxsamz:
[s]I'd rather believe this than believe that a man made dry bones to rise again. cheesy[/s]
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 21, 2020
Kelejonz:

Over 4.5 billion years ago
Tell me more.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Jeromejnr(m): 6:42pm On May 21, 2020
Electricboy:

your source please

Please Google each point I raised.

I have the link to the documentary but you should do a proper research yourself.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Tusabi: 6:43pm On May 21, 2020
380wat? who do the calculations ...na so them take the find X
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kelvinkelvinkk(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2020
Jeromejnr:

I guess your research didnt show you that scientist dont use carbon dating on fossils or any other materials anymore. they use radiometric dating. i cant start tutoring you on radiometric dating. but something tells me you saw it on your resesearch but chose to ignor
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Jeromejnr(m): 6:48pm On May 21, 2020
kelvinkelvinkk:

I guess your research didnt show you that scientist dont use carbon dating on fossils or any other materials anymore. they use radiometric dating. i cant start tutoring you on radiometric dating. but something tells me you saw it on your resesearch but chose to ignor

I am way ahead of you bro.

I have answered questions like yours already.

You cant go further than 500,000 years with radiometric dating.

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Amspecial: 6:49pm On May 21, 2020
Ur father is a mistake which makes u a bigger one
kingxsamz:
Waiting for religious clowns to come here and try to disprove this.
If you don't believe that scientists can discover things which dates back to millions of years, but believe that a virgin gave birth to a boy who walked on water and then died, only to wake up three days later and ascend into the sky, then you're a compound fool.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 6:49pm On May 21, 2020
Amspecial:
Ur father is a mistake which makes u a bigger one
Lol, okay.
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 21, 2020
wiseman1494:
The the earth is approximately 4.6 billion years old.
Tell me everything about it. How did you get to know.

Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by Kelejonz: 6:51pm On May 21, 2020
Matrimonous:

Tell me more.

Use Google
Re: Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) by AreaFada2: 6:53pm On May 21, 2020
ProfAmaben:
I love science. There's always proof for every finding. 380 million years? This is commendable from the team of researchers.
But SU people will tell us the world is 6,000 years old.
Not knowing religious books are coded words largely. Not literal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

100-million-year-old “river Monster” Discovered In The Sahara (photos) / Man Goes To Repair His Fridge, When They Told Him The Price, See What He Did Nex / Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.