Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? (5691 Views)

Discover the 10 Most Powerful Tips of Digital Marketing in Nigeria / Are You Good At Designing Websites? / Designing Websites With Joomla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by iapiafi(m): 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2007
where is the 4k gona do pls grow up, shocked
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by otoidea(m): 12:16am On Jun 15, 2007
* it duznt matter how much the site costs, wat matters is wat the site looks lyk

* if ure good at the web design thingy pastor no need pray 4 u b4 u knw say u gats chop from the works of ur hand!! afterall na 9ja we dey, MAXIMIZE PROFITS

* if the site is sum high tech sturvz tht uv put in much time nd effort to design/develop, y in Gods gracious name wud u take 4k naira for it shocked shocked shocked

/////////////////////////////////////////////
conclusion

* those that are able to get clients tht pay them 4k, enjoy // those that can get more than 40k, enjoy! , let there be peace!

* its not written anywhere that sites that are more xpensive are better than cheaper sites, or vice versa

/////////////////////////////////////////////
my own

those that r gud and knw the value of their stuff need not worry bout dem pple that design for cheaper prices and end up doin sumthn else , cs clients 4 9ja don dey knw beta thin, they wud stil come bak to u to do a re-design of the website then ud av the last laff grin grin grin

e be lyk i go change my sig to: design and let design grin
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by gbolio4(m): 1:12am On Jun 15, 2007
There's no argument on the entire solar system that will justify creating websites - professionally - for 4k naira.

With the sole exception being hunger
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by Neptune(m): 10:30pm On Jun 15, 2007
ahh, sister take am easy now. I can bet 4k that with all the richies you have, you can't design a website for 4k, you'll rather do it free. I design websites and its not pride that makes me say i can't design a site for 4k. what am i suppose to use 4k for? 1 one hour i don finish the money. If you are designing websites as a majour source of living you'll understand what i'm talking about. it might be easy for you but there are other people with potential in this business but are treated like crap. Why should you collect 4k for a site. I DONT EVEN DESIGN LOGOS FOR 4K. If you design sites for people for 4k in this country, thats how they'll rate you for what ever other job you do. PLEASE DON'T DESIGN SITE FOR 4K. ABEG. FOR YOUR OWN GOOD. KUKU DO AM FREE.

~O
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by otoidea(m): 10:36pm On Jun 15, 2007
obo dey vex ooo grin

u dey yankee , hw wud u knw hw worthless 4k can be in the current 9ja society
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by gbolio4(m): 2:52am On Jun 17, 2007
The biggest fools i personally know are those who open their mouths to say others are fools ,

No exception to the above statement wink
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by Nobody: 3:54am On Jun 17, 2007
It's a good thing that guy's have decided to address this issue  i have been wondering  how can somebody be designing website for 4k. I wonder how much the person will register the domain and the hosting this people. they deserved to be axed
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by otoidea(m): 1:37pm On Jun 18, 2007
@wmc26 sharp guy
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by gbolio4(m): 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2007
feyisara:

they deserved to be axed

That's the word. Damn right U are. , .
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by abdulD1(m): 10:35am On Jun 19, 2007
4K?
I rather do it for free, 4K ain't no motivation for me,
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by esho1: 2:35am On Jul 07, 2007
oboatioko,
can you please get back to me via olaxty1@yahoo.com
or 08054278956 i want to design web for my business,
thanks
Esho
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by Neptune(m): 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2007
@ d girl. (***ati***)

i really need to see something u have done. seriously.
pls feel frre to post it here. incase of any misconceptions anybody might have.
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by africanboy(m): 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2007
Obviously, those guys do not visit nairaland
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by kanugab(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2007
I want to start internet marking, specialty on affiliate marketing. i need a mini site. whoever can help at the cheapest rate can hook me up. kanu_gab@yahoo.com
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by Millionair(m): 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2007
I Can design a very simple website for N4000. I designed www.internet-business-marketing.net with just N4000
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by Millionair(m): 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2007
There is no specific price for designing a website. It all depends on the agreement with the client. Could you imaging that I used N20,000 to setup http://www.laptopcomputers.vickywebstore.com/ this website for one guy in Uk.

There is no really specific price for designing a website.
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by my2cents(m): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2007
millionair,

There isn't a set price, but there definitely shouldn't be a **cheap** price grin
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by ipheanyi: 8:14pm On Jul 27, 2007
I need a good website for my company built with flash.
The job goes to the lowest Bidder.
Please send your quote to ipheanyi@outgun.com.
Offer last till 4th of August. Possibly let me have a link to such website you have built in the past.

Good luck
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by my2cents(m): 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2007
do i hear a N4,000? grin
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by tundewoods(m): 5:11am On Jul 28, 2007
Honestly i promised myself that i wouldn't post a reply to this thread but instead just sit back and enjoy everybit of all you guys reply but to bad i'm breaking my promise by posting a reply.

Now,regarding the kids designing websites for 4K

I guess they are just freelancers that still live under thier parents with little or no responsibilities,You use Mom and Dads computer at home and rush to a cafe to upload after purchasing 1 hour ticket for 100 - 150 naira.you have made yourself a profit of propably N3,500 after tax.

My point is these kids have no overheads so they charge what pleases them at our own expense.I run a web firm in lagos and believe you me that is all i do in my firm.I run on Gen everyday due to epileptic power supply and have a Secetary and an in house designer. I also have to pay an annual rent of close to 300K per year. Considering all these overheads as a professional you dare not cheapen yourself with such low budget prices,its simply impossible.

Lastly i doubt if anny of these kids have any CIW certifications.
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by tundewoods(m): 5:21am On Jul 28, 2007
ipheanyi:

I need a good website for my company built with flash.
The job goes to the lowest Bidder.
Please send your quote to ipheanyi@outgun.com.
Offer last till 4th of August. Possibly let me have a link to such website you have built in the past.

Good luck

@ ipheanyi
You make me laugh with your statement "The Job Goes To The Lowest Bidder"
And you expect to get something of significant quality.

Here's an advice,if you want something of significant quality please never set the selection criteria based upon the cheapest bid or offer.

Are You That Cheap !!!
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by Afam(m): 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2007
tundewoods:

Honestly i promised myself that i wouldn't post a reply to this thread but instead just sit back and enjoy everybit of all you guys reply but to bad i'm breaking my promise by posting a reply.

Now,regarding the kids designing websites for 4K

I guess they are just freelancers that still live under their parents with little or no responsibilities,You use Mom and Dads computer at home and rush to a cafe to upload after purchasing 1 hour ticket for 100 - 150 naira.you have made yourself a profit of propably N3,500 after tax.

What makes you think that those designing N4k websites are kids? As a grown man can you tell us what you consider ideal as regards pricing for websites?

Stick to the issue and explain why it cannot be done.

tundewoods:

My point is these kids have no overheads so they charge what pleases them at our own expense.I run a web firm in lagos and believe you me that is all i do in my firm.I run on Gen everyday due to epileptic power supply and have a Secetary and an in house designer. I also have to pay an annual rent of close to 300K per year. Considering all these overheads as a professional you dare not cheapen yourself with such low budget prices,its simply impossible.

I equally run a web firm and an alternative energy firm in Lagos and these are the 2 businesses I run. That you spend a lot on generator is your own headache because while people are looking for ways to reduce the cost of doing business you are here justifying your own high cost of doing business.

I do not have a generator in my office (on Allen Avenue) and this is getting close to 3 years now. I use inverter backup in my office and even at home. We have built and installed these backup systems for homes and offices. (www.justalternativepower.com)

tundewoods:

Lastly i doubt if anny of these kids have any CIW certifications.

Sorry, the issue of certificates is over rated in the web industry, even banks and other big organizations are realizing this today. The quality of work (which usually comes from experience) is far more important than the CIW certifications you are bragging about.

In reality, websites can be designed for just N4k or even less if the designer wants to do so.

Presently, I have just finished developing a personal website that is highly customizable for Nigerians who may want to have personal websites to air their views, tell the world about themselves with an integrated photo gallery.

Just uploaded the site to a live server today so you can take a look at it at www.afamnnaji.com.

Now, I can effortlessly ask for N2,000.00, N10,000.00, N50,000.00 for each installation with the option of the users getting their own hosting plans from anywhere.

That is a job that took less than 3 days to setup and thousands if not millions can own their personal websites from this base site.

So, stop insulting people because they can do things you cannot do at the price you think is best for you.

Google is a free site and I am sure you would call the owners kids if they told you they want to offer free services.

You will gain the respect of clients if you provide quality websites and regardless of what other people are charging if you are good in web design people will come to you, period.
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by tundewoods(m): 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2007
@ Afam

I remain affirmative about my claim that only kids design so called websites for 4,000,instead i rather design the website free or have the client by me lunch.

Thank you very much regarding your enlightenment campaign on Inverters,i've already made an order for a 1.5Kva from some local manufacturer in Alaba.I'll be sure to refer others to you in the future.

No hard feels i still insist that only kids design for 4K.
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by ipheanyi: 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2007
TUNDEWOOD. I am not that cheap . Since Our guys have decided to help us out of shylocks. I feel I should tap into this and have my fair share.

All the same  I will be ready to bargain for  a good work.
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by Afam(m): 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2007
@tundewoods,

You don't have any right to label people kids because they design websites for N4k and that is my point.

One man's meat is another man's poison and you must realize that.

You prefer to do it for free or have the client buy you lunch.

I prefer to do it for N4k than do it for free or get the client to buy me lunch because while you are busy eating free lunch I can make N1M if I designed the N4k website for say 250 people.

And someone making N1M in a month will run a more successful business than someone who is eating free lunch for the same job.
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by POINT(m): 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2007
all this talk on here, yet no one has the balls to post a something that is worth 4k. As usual, everyone is just talking
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by Afam(m): 8:45am On Jul 30, 2007
POINT:

all this talk on here, yet no one has the balls to post a something that is worth 4k. As usual, everyone is just talking

With N4k I can design www.talkofnaija.com (under 24 hrs) because I have a copy of joomla on my machine.

This idea of leaving out the main issue and looking for people that have balls to do this and that or calling people kids even when they do not show us top quality websites that they designed for say N1M is getting out of hand.

Can someone design a website for N4K? Yes. Can someone do same for N1M? Yes. Can someone do it for free or have the client buy free lunch? Yes.

Is there a standard or are we becoming authorities within our own rights and wishing that what we prefer become the standard that others must follow?

This is a huge problem in Nigeria, too much talk, too much boasting and bragging yet very little to show for all the talk.
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by opensource(m): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2007
Well its really said but the truth is we all didnt undergo similar training to become webmasters, So people building for 4k or less probably got a road side trianing or learn on their own and got good in the field , and remember they must survive

we have doctors who charge 10k - 20k just to treat you malaria and we have some charging just 500 bucks just to treat you same malaria , it doesnt mean you wont get better after both treatment .

same applies to lawyers , technicians and hand craft peoples charges are diff

But my advice to my fellow web masters is this " Associate with people of prestige , if you value your won reputation as a webmaster"
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by rhyzz: 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2007
4k for website? Well, i think its simply called HUNGER. How much does it cost to register for domain.
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by smartsoft(m): 1:30am On Aug 08, 2007
if i talk, them go say i don yarn make i keep shut. but it doesn't matter how much you charge if you can just deliver well i nvere charge 4k ooo but for N20Grand  how i go reject it doesn't mean you aren't more than that,  how many graduate out there earn up to 20grand wey you reject see make i tell you if you design website for 10k and it look pretty good, eye catching i bet you you go dey see website close to 30 a week. make you sit down there make you dey wait for N1million website you go grow white bearssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

For afam to be telling he can do website in 2hours or 24hours he must have bunch of Pre-made template that he could just edit and upload since he can do that for 4k. You can't tell me that you can build a pretty good Dynamic website just in 24Hours from scrash ! that one na bobo.

I can develop dynamic website say in 4days or more am done with all the testing and all that.
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by rhyzz: 8:34am On Aug 08, 2007
My guy, designing a website for 4k is absolute rubbish, and who says am waiting for a 1m Naira job?
'make you sit down there make you dey wait for N1million website you go grow white bearssssssssssssssssssssssssssss'
Bearsssssssss? Its called beards, bushman.
Re: Abeg, Who Are These People Designing Websites For 4k? by smartsoft(m): 9:07am On Aug 08, 2007
i hear you sir ! lol (Mind your words bros )

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My New Amazon Affiliate Niche Site Journey (practical + Q&A Session) / EXPOSED: How To Host Your Sites On A Free VPS From Amazon AWS (613mb RAM) / Web Design Job - I Need A Web Designer Of The Highest Calibre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.