Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

How Has Your Walk With God Been? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Has Your Walk With God Been? (10311 Views)

Walk With The Right People To Overcome Life Challenges! / 10 Things That Can Distract Your Walk With GOD / Do We Need Shoes In Our Walk With God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by shumno(f): 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2011
The Lord God, my shield and rampart is a faithful Father. In my unfaithfulness He has remained ever faithful. I have seen His Mighty Hand in my life.He is always there and i know He will never leave me nor forsake me. after my secondary school, i kept singing the song He has promised He will never fail His faithfulness is forever more, and the song i believe God, ask what you will and it shall be done, trust and obey believe and see, i believe i believe God.
Again and again he has come through for me and is still doing. I give Him praise and adoration. I can go on and on. His grace is truly sufficient.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by femmy2010(m): 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
He has been most wonderful to me and i promise to be much closer to him this year in view.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Gombs(m): 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2011
Thanks alot nuella. . .i cant even start self. . .I didnt go to church for 3years and i felt good about it,i was an anglican by birth. . .and i hated churches other than anglican and catholic,i hated pentecostal churches with passion, . To cut the story short, I was a fierce critic of pastor chris,and i hated him for no cogent reason,mostly because other people were saying things about him,but now,i know better,i got to know God and his love for the world.its still the same pastor chris that made me a victor,i dont get sick, i can mould my future,i can make things happen the way i want it to,though there are tough times,but i hunger for more of God's word.an having the same challenge you are having with my parents, but now am a final year computer science student,and i know my parents and siblings think of crazy,but i frame my world with spoken words spoken fervently in the spirit, i thank God for his word in my life,honestly if people would try and know him,there wouldnt be a messed up world or country or family or business.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by SeanT21(f): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2011
I love everyone. Thanks for these testimonies. God bless you all.

I was born a Christian and have slipped many times. When I realized it, I always ran back to the Lord's altar. God has bless me and my family so many ways. He protected us through our trials and tribulations. All praises to him.

This is a great song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMZj0520v0g&feature=related
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Taito007(m): 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2011
I was really inspired cry cry cry by the Micheal W. Smith song posted by Laughter1. I normally see myself drawing to God and the next thing trying to run from Him as well. I have gone through many things in my life and it just the Grace of God that I am alive today. Sometimes I just wonder in spite of my sinful nature  I still get favoured in every areas of my life. Just want to thank God for my life and my family and all I just Pray for is to serve God diligently and Trust in Him always.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by chibaby5(f): 10:43pm On Jan 18, 2011
This is a beautiful thread and some very encouraging stories

The lord is eva faithful to his own. He will neva leave us nor forsake us sayz the Lord even during timez we feel Hez far away
Was born into a christian family but havent alwayz walked the path  embarassed although one way or the other He draws me bk to Him
So many answered prayers , so many blessings and favours He has poured our way as a family and to me personally.
His word is true, His word is life, Hez faithful. I praise u Lord for all your loving kindness. Am grateful  cool
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by DARA1234: 10:52pm On Jan 18, 2011
, 'and they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of their testimony, 'Rev 12v11
Something special is about to happen to someone on this thread;answered prayers, solution to life long problems, something Good, curses broken, just praise God for past mercies; say thank you Lord and see it happen.God understands.
"For we have not an high priest which cannot
be touched with the feeling of our infirmities;
but one who was in all points tempted like
as we are yet without sin.
Heb 4 v 15.

You are in the hollow of His Hands He trully,trully, trully, cares don't take that wrong step.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by beula2009: 10:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
@poster
actually my experience so far has been full of testimonies and uncountable temptations,even as am writting now am strugling with one. my situation always remind me of adam and eve in the garden where satan tempted them with the fruit,my point is there was nothing available to be used other than what was reachable by satan,he satan couldnt have use money or other material things to entice them.i have a great family,a wonderful son which is abt 20months and a wonderful wife whom doesn't deserve to be hurt but to be treated good like a lady cos she deserve the best.now amidst my been born-again which is abt a year now above all temptation is that fornication/adultery or i dont know the right word to use,now all my ex-s keeps coming at me but thanks be to Our Lord Jesus Christ whom had empowered me to be able to stand all the temptation,now they keeps giving me an offer which is not that easy to turn down about few weeks ago i was to travel to holland to meet one of them,i almost fall for it,something in me keeps telling me that this is not me that am a new creation that old things have passed way while the other was telling,that it was a break-through to the money for my business which i have been praying for, so finally i prayed to God for help a day before the day i was to travel the desire  left,so i tried to call to inform her abt the situations of things she refused to pick my call till date,it was an attack which i couldn't fight by my might but by the spirit,the bible says not by might but by the Spirit.as am writting i quit fb for this reason.if it is not satan,i see no reason why a woman should insist on dating a married man even when she is aware of his marital status.after been freed from this one just last week u cannot believe it,another is here again. THANK GOD FOR HIS LOVE AND COVENANT-THOUGH THEY SHALL GATHER THEY SHALL ALSO SCATER.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by beula2009: 10:59pm On Jan 18, 2011
@DARA1234.
A BIG AMEN.THIS IS FOR ME, THANKS.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by chibaby5(f): 11:01pm On Jan 18, 2011
Amen to the post of DARA1234 smiley
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by olu77(m): 11:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
Knowing God is the best thing that has ever happened to me, His favour, mercy and grace surround me and my family. I have learn to trust Him because He is ever faithful. Whatever happens, I only need to remind him of His covenant.

My prayer is: Lord in your great mercy reveal yourself to those who do not know you, those who have concluded in their heart that you do not exist; like you revealed yourself to Saul and changed his name to Paul, do it again that these precious lives may not perish in their unbelief.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by chibaby5(f): 11:36pm On Jan 18, 2011
^ Beautiful prayer. Amen to dat smiley
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Mobinga: 11:58pm On Jan 18, 2011
smiley
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by kabukabu50(m): 12:04am On Jan 19, 2011
I walk alone not with some other humans idea of what is superior. grin grin grin grin grin.Religion is the number one cause of human pain and suffering.you can have your religion and shove it.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by newmi(m): 12:24am On Jan 19, 2011
olu77:

Knowing God is the best thing that has ever happened to me, His favour, mercy and grace surround me and my family. I have learn to trust Him because He is ever faithful. Whatever happens, I only need to remind him of His covenant.

My prayer is: Lord in your great mercy reveal yourself to those who do not know you, those who have concluded in their heart that you do not exist; like you revealed yourself to Saul and changed his name to Paul, do it again that these precious lives may not perish in their unbelief.

yeah you are right there couldn't be anything or anyone else better to experience other than experiencing God in Christ Jesus by the Holy Ghost. And for that prayer am saying a very big AMEN
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by kenuoyibo(m): 3:18am On Jan 19, 2011
As for me, I have been hearing the gospel so I gave my life to christ after backsliding 3 times! I finnally gave my life to christ 2003 ( I was an undergraduate then). Later on, after several prayer programmes, I discovered that a woman in my estate was using my star, I notice that whenever I want to execute a project it always hits the rock. One day, her daughter and her niece were sprinkling something under my dad's car in the parking lot, and some1 told me that he saw them around 12 midnight. I poured anointing oil in water and counter-sprinkled on those areas the following nite. That night I received my star back. After all that , a few years later, after speaking in tongues for over an hour alone with so much faith and energy, Jesus appeared to me and touched me on the head. I got a job in the bank and I didnt hear God as regularly as before, I wasnt as strong as I used to, I became worldly, even though I only 'fell' with a lady once after years of abstinence. However, I believe that I can still get my footing as a christian this year, so help me God.
If I wasnt born again, I wouldn't have got my star back, which was a major turning point in my life.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by maxxy: 7:12am On Jan 19, 2011
kenuoyibo:

As for me, I have been hearing the gospel so I gave my life to christ after backsliding 3 times! I finnally gave my life to christ 2003 ( I was an undergraduate then). Later on, after several prayer programmes, I discovered that a woman in my estate was using my star, I notice that whenever I want to execute a project it always hits the rock. One day, her daughter and her niece were sprinkling something under my dad's car in the parking lot, and some1 told me that he saw them around 12 midnight. I poured anointing oil in water and counter-sprinkled on those areas the following nite. That night I received my star back. After all that , a few years later, after speaking in tongues for over an hour alone with so much faith and energy, Jesus appeared to me and touched me on the head. I got a job in the bank and I didnt hear God as regularly as before, I wasnt as strong as I used to, I became worldly, even though I only 'fell' with a lady once after years of abstinence. However, I believe that I can still get my footing as a christian this year, so help me God.
If I wasnt born again, I wouldn't have got my star back, which was a major turning point in my life.

As I was meditating about you, God said to me to tell you that He has saved you severally because there is something He specifically designed for you to achieve, and though your much vacillation has delayed many things, His arms are still wide open towards you because He is still able to bring to pass what He has said. He said He has shown you specific pictures in times past of the path that you would follow and He is still calling you to tow that path because if you would take one step towards Him, you would find that He has always been there with arms open wide.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by nuella2(f): 9:25am On Jan 19, 2011
Father thank you for what you are doing in the lives of your children, i stand amazed in your presence. You are indeed a faithful God.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by uche13: 9:28am On Jan 19, 2011
My walk with God has been so amazing. The surprising thing about God is the fact that he knows tomorrow, what i mean is that He knows when we are apologizing for sth we did today that we will still repeat it in the earliest future but He still lovingly forgives you and does not hold it against you. Oh what a God!!!. In our faithlessness He is ever faithful, His mercies keep us each day. Oh that everyone will experience His Presence, His power and His Grace. The beauty of being alone with Him, worshipping im with hands stretched towards heaven. The psalmist said that a day in His Court is worth a thousand years outside. I simply love Him. I have made mistakes, filled with guilt and avoided Him but He still waits and lovingly nudges me to repentance. I learnt a valuable lesson, if u make a mistake or u fall in any way dont spend time wondering how you got into the mess or be guilt filled to the extent of staying away from Him. Simply call out to Him for help immediately, ask for forgiveness and move on. This is because with every passing day it gets harder and before you know it the burden of starting all over will be enormous. God help us.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 19, 2011
@Beula 2009, its good u know u've got a great family!Please Please Please remain ever faithful to ur wife ,adultery also has its own curse that sets a home bacK. Remain stedfast in prayers and God will see you thru. I want you to know that you are not the only one to experience this kind of stuff cos it also happens to women in dt u might see a girl who has been single ,then d right guy steps into d picture for marriage and dt would be d time all d men in d world will begin to woo her including her ex'es, i'm talking from experience
I bet you, d devil is waging a fierce war against happy homes in ds end time.Do not compromise and keep up d faith God will see you through!
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by snthesis(m): 9:50am On Jan 19, 2011
i know HIM, He knows me
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by zibe(m): 10:04am On Jan 19, 2011
Very inspiring posts. Right now I'm really battling with being a christian. Its funny how we start questioning the existence of God when we read too much of scientific stuffs. But I'm well inspired today.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by babyme1(f): 10:05am On Jan 19, 2011
Like i posted before,i can't help shedding tears when i read all these. Pray for me brethren,i need the fire once more.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by yourangel: 10:14am On Jan 19, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2P7hSDHwoU

Boundless love Come carry me To the place where I at last am free. Where I belong and You will be Where all of You is all of me. Boundless love Come carry me In Your fulness I will rest. I find Your peace beneath the cross Knowing You, my one desire Take me now to where You are
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by nuella2(f): 10:21am On Jan 19, 2011
baby.me:

Like i posted before,i can't help shedding tears when i read all these. Pray for me brethren,i need the fire once more.

Hello dear, you are the greatest prophet of your life. There are things you engage in that keep you burning for the master always. PRAY FERVENTLY in the spirit always, if you have not recieved the holy ghost, you can ask your pastor to minister the holy ghost to you, cos christianity without the holy ghost is religion. Then study the word of God(read books and listen to messages), let your spirit be flooded with the knowledge of God, get involve in a department in church and participate fully, keep friends that are burning for God and finally impact your world with your personality,ie be a blessing in your world, let pple see Jesus in your eyes.

Is not prayer you need, its a consious effort you need to make. God bless you.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by snthesis(m): 10:23am On Jan 19, 2011
zibe:

Very inspiring posts. Right now I'm really battling with being a christian. Its funny how we start questioning the existence of God when we read too much of scientific stuffs. But I'm well inspired today.
there really no battle between Christianity and Science- jst take a look around, breathe in the fresh air, feel the rain drops on your skin, watch a baby smile, c the sun as it sets, feel d ambiance of the sea, frolic wit your hair,.be awed at the beauty, simcomplexity (snthesis 2011)  and rationality of nature . . . and i'll bet u'll knw twas not chance bigbang evolution.

Simcomplexity: an act that appears inordinately simple but occurs via a series of highly complex processes. e.g. smiling, talking, walking, writing e.t.c.

---snthesis 2011
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Kennyblues(m): 12:00pm On Jan 19, 2011
My God is able to keep unto perfect day whatever that is committed into his hand. I was born a Muslim but God in his infinite mercy found and planted me in His vineyard. I faced a lot of persecutions when I gave my life to Christ ranging from friends mocking me to family. However, I remained steadfast in my believe in Christ Jesus. I worked virtually in every department of my church ad later rose to becoming the HOD of technical department but yet the affliction did not abate even in the church.

After my course of studies I did lot of maniac jobs but one day God found for me a bank job where I was employed as a commission based sales agent to becoming a Consultant, now staff in less than six month. The preceding year I prayed to God for his shower of blessing and to my surprise, I got a lovely accommodation in that year, got married and was blessed with a son at the end of that  year. I can only say TO GOD BE THE GLORY
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Chookym(m): 12:33pm On Jan 19, 2011
Very inspiring post
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by noetic16(m): 12:46pm On Jan 19, 2011
maxxy:

As I was meditating about you,[size=18pt] God said to me[/size] to tell you that He has saved you severally because there is something He specifically designed for you to achieve, and though your much vacillation has delayed many things, His arms are still wide open towards you because He is still able to bring to pass what He has said. He said He has shown you specific pictures in times past of the path that you would follow and He is still calling you to tow that path because if you would take one step towards Him, you would find that He has always been there with arms open wide.

It is good to know that people still hear directly from God . . , . . , .
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by 5STAR(m): 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2011
My walk with God?, interesting, i have come to a conclusion that if i don't get all that God intends for me?, then it is my fault. God has done it all for us, even when we were sinners Christ died for us! that's what the scripture says,

I came to the saving grace and knowledge of Jesus from a life of cultism, confusion and the scare and fear of death, haha, as i remember the feeling of hopelessness and the knowledge that a painful and shameful death awaited me if i didn't change my ways,i just can't help the feeling of eternal thankfulness.

I was spiritually oppressed often times in my sleep and lived in constant fear of bedtime. the contrasting thing about this was that i looked and dressed well, but confusion was seating on the throne of my life, then a good friend died, violently too, this was the turning point in my life, i said Jesus, it is time, no running anymore, no delays anymore, guess what?, He was waiting, haha,. Now, i see His grace, love, favor and power everyday. I now am an evangelist by His grace, i preach and bring people to the knowledge of Him now instead of initiating them and making them soldiers of the Devil. I see His plan for me and know that "He is the Way". There are and will always be challenges that come the way of all true children of God. This is for us to know that God is able to do all things, the Power of prayer is the most potent of all and i thank God for this privilege. Presently, i run a business of my own and see God's manifestation in every area of my life. @ Op.thanks for this opportunity, God Bless
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by bi1: 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2011
mine has not been that smooth,because on my part i have not been faithful,but for his mercies,he have not let go of me,am forever grateful to him,sometimes i fine he is soooo far and at times i feel him all around me,one thing i ask of him this year 2011,is that each day,each second,each min. and each hour i will be found in him,most years,i start very well with him but get lost along the way,Lord pls this year got to be different,i need you all the way
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Ajike: 1:25pm On Jan 19, 2011
i can not but shed tears as am reading this inspiring stories. I am a chritian but still battling seriously with the flesh. i have confessed so many times to be born again but i just find myself doing the same old things. Atimes it make me wonder if pple really experience strange things in their heart when they gave their lives to Christ cos i always feel the same each time i say that prayer but then all glory be unto HIM cos He never for one day forsake me even in my sinful life but my question is "how long am going to continue like this" what if i die 2morrow?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and Pastor Benny Hinn reaches out to India with prayers / Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? / What It Means When You Are Eating Meat In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.