Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

How Has Your Walk With God Been? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Has Your Walk With God Been? (10332 Views)

Walk With The Right People To Overcome Life Challenges! / 10 Things That Can Distract Your Walk With GOD / Do We Need Shoes In Our Walk With God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by MaiSuya(m): 1:53pm On Jan 20, 2011
KAI! If not for His grace. . . cry
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by hubreality(m): 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2011
Great! Though middle of last year till the end of it were a bit full of challenges which were results of a mistake I made. I thank God for His grace and mercies.

"Obedience is better than sacrifice." Wisdom is truly profitable to direct in all affairs of life. It's a new beginning as a burning and a shinning light.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 20, 2011
andyprez:

i  have onee scripture  for you, its psalm 53. Please read it freely cos it'll help you.
An  ex-mad woman once said after her immediate  deliverance,  ''a person who doesn't believe in God is like a chick in an empty field where hawks are hovering above them''. The world is not what you think it is, christians believe in the Almighty God, moslems in Allah, buddist in Budda, and even the native doctors in your village believe there is a higher force that govern the natural world. Like I said, its only a fool that says in his heart that there's no God. Please don't be a fool. Jesus is the way, talk to him now. Its not too late. God loves you!

I love hawks quite frankly. Hawks are good, how utterly colorless and dull my life would have been without hawks I've had to overcome - I probably would have been one over fed fat agric foul by now. I don't need to worship any of the 3800 gods and religions that currently exist to protect me from a hawk.

It's no use getting drawn into any debate with you. From experience, most religious folks are set in their beliefs and I respect that. But people should learn to question their beliefs and ask important questions about the world they live in .

I honestly hope you wake up from ur delusion someday
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by cescky(m): 3:18pm On Jan 20, 2011
Id like to start from my latest experiences as per my walk with Christ, cos if I start from beginning ill never finish.
As a teenager God showed me what my destiny is . . . .

Early last year I was in a church and a voice said to me pay your first fruit in this church and ill bless you” I doubted if it was God speaking,cos another voice said don’t pay ,( I hate unnecessary attention) “if u pay u get too much attention”( it’s a relatively small church so I thot any change in their income wld be noticed) the first voice said, to let you know that its God talking to you, see what will happen when u get home ,Mrs. so would met u and tell u this and that etc lo and behold as I got home that day it was just like the voice had said

In my university days never had any thing serious with any girl but was never affiliated with any fellowship as well, (not cold not hot),prior to nysc a friend of mind planted stories in my head as per nysc , infact I made up my mind to take vengeance on all the so called “fun” I was missing out from school and all that my friends were indulging in.( peer pressure is very dangerous, I wont blame my friend alone off course the desire was there already but my friend put fire to it,therse serious need to guard our hearts with all diligence cos the devil can come thru any one, remember peter and Jesus?)before I travelled for the youth corp., a prophetess called me and told me about my future , but I should be ware seriously about the kind of friends I took. I took her word lightly as time passed I met this girl cut long story short, I started doing things I never done before and thot I was catching fun,( during one time I saw incisions on her body I asked her what it meant she said her parents said she was and an ogbanje when she was little so they had to do that for her etc, my eyes still didn’t clear) luckily for me I had made friends with a pastor in that area, whom used to come to my place, on this very day I was with this girl, the pastor came over and he said he wanted to come in I said no, ( was ashamed of my self), he told me that day that God had sent him to me that, I should choose whom I wanted to serve Him or the devil(being that I had changed).felt very sad cos I knew God had always been with me and I had let him down so bad, I told the girl look its time up I cant do again, see begg, I even tried to let her see that what we wre doing was sinful, she no gree, she said I should do one last time, thank God I didn’t succumb, after that episode see attack( infact when I was with her there was so much evil dreams but I still carried on)evil upon evil dreams, infact imagine being attacked in a part of ur body and you wake up with that part of your body hurting like uve been stabbed( I couldn’t sleep 2 or so straight hours with, evil spirits wld draw me back and I mean almost physically)at night a big black cat would come to where we corpers stay and be crying till morning( but its cry sounded far different from the little mew of a cat it sounded like a human being making the noise, evil powers use cats as instruments) most corpers thot it was actually a normal cat though the cry disturbed them too, but I knew better I never said a word and kept on praying,( it was the spirit of death)sent to get who u ask? Who else? During one of the nights a neighbor said he would go and chase out the cat, until he actually saw the cat chase a dog, infact he was the one that described it as a big black cat, I suspe cted what it was but was too scared to want to ever

see it( thot maybe if I see it will call out my name or something)infact I thot I was going to die that period,infact maybe I was supposed to but God in his infinite mercy delivered me.( during this period all that was in head was ehh, David did it, Samson did me to I can do it and escape, cos the voice of God will come in quietly and ill counter with the past failures of other men of God, beware of it’s the devil pushing, and unfortunately not every one does escape also if your faith is rite and your on good terms with God trust me those men of God that we try to model ourselves after we can surpass them in our area or calling and other endeavors too)

Used to be hot and cold but after the above experience I became very hot, just before nysc ended a friend of mine came to my house offered me a cigarette( used to smoke) I said no, something was urging me to preach to him, but I was very shy, dint know how and where to start,finnlay I ended up telling him that cigarette smoking is bad etc,am not sure if I finally did preach but I know I didn’t hit the nail on the head, 3 months after nysc some one sends me a text message that the guy is dead(shot by armed robbers) I almost lost my breath when I recalled that strong urge to preach to him then, chai I said God had I known! I know He’s forgiven me for the Above though but at times I hate my self and don’t want to forgive my self and vie found out that this unforgivesness corrodes your faith( when u find it hard to forgive your self that is, trust cos exploits I could do before its harder for me now)so when God wants us to live righteously its for our own good not His cos , “ the bible says the righteous shall be bold as lions “ and “they that know their God shall be strong and do exploits”.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by cescky(m): 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2011
( though not married yet)Always wanted a non Nigerian for a wife, but one that can fit in, took it to God in prayer and give him specifics and for him to show me. I saw this very fine girl in my estate one day, my mouth fell open . . .I was loving what I saw,(during this period I had been praying for sometime, but given it a little rest)lo and behold when I eventually got talking to her Gbam guess what?? Her profile fit directly into what I had been praying about.(and my specifics were hard , but Gods created all and His word says “ what ever we ask we should believe and it shall be ours” remember the woman with the issue of blood, u know she wasn’t actually praying, she’s very wise she knew Jesus was the Almighty in physical form and she didn’t use fasting or fire for fire prayer , she just made up her mind to believe, that’s all, “just believe”

Was arrested one day just for no reason on our street was handcuffed ( around 1999)( don’t u trust Nigerian police?)was taken to station and was told to rite statement that I was an armed robber etc, was like 19 yrs old or so then and used to form tough but see cry, cos when I was arrested I was put in a danfo bus, I was just crying( I thot the animalistic police were ritual killers)when we got to the station the oga looked at me and said I should go cos he knew no one would believe his evil soul if he parades me as an armed robber( this may sound ordinary, but I believe its Gods grace cos their a lot of innocent should languishing in cell, even other people that were raided and put in the danfo were thrown into jail) my cousin said to thank God I never entered the cell cos at least the first thing the inmates would have done to me was to poke me, ( used to be vey light skinned then) funny but true.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by sokoanugwa: 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2011
Mine has been wonderful all through the years despite many falls. Gave my life to Christ while i was in Secondary School. served Him in various capacity throughout my school days and nysc. can but tell that the more we get closer to Him in the place of prayer, the more He reveals Himself to us. But of late, i work in an organization where i close 7pm and i have been skipping midweek service and other activities, its been telling on me, but i have made up my mind to be more commited to Him this year.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by jaffi: 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2011
God have been awesome to me way back 14years ago.Lost my papa when i was little, raised by a single mama.Over the years we were poorer than other kids and i used to sheared tears with my sisters then the message of the gospel came and i embrace it gladly and since that time the story has changed.My first hand experience haven't change,even till now.It gets sweeter by the day.
In my 12years of my walk with God,these are what i discovered:
1.God is a faithful God
2.God is a Faith God
3.God is mercy
4. God is not a tax collector
5.Gos is Love
6.God is a principled God
7.and most importantly He is a patient God-He is full of it.When i missed it,he is still there saying to me "son you can do it".
"The devil is defeated,he is under your feet".
"Raise up and continue your journey, for where you are now is but, little compare to your destination".
I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. HE IS REALLY TO ME THAN MY HOUSE THAT I LIVE.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by olu77(m): 12:02am On Jan 21, 2011
Horayce:

I love hawks quite frankly. Hawks are good, how utterly colorless and dull my life would have been without hawks I've had to overcome - I probably would have been one over fed fat agric foul by now. I don't need to worship any of the 3800 gods and religions that currently exist to protect me from a hawk.

It's no use getting drawn into any debate with you. From experience, most religious folks are set in their beliefs and I respect that. But people should learn to question their beliefs and ask important questions about the world they live in .

I honestly hope you wake up from your delusion someday
He is not one of the 3800 gods you referred to, He is the GOD that created you, you are not here by accident. I pray He would have mercy on you and reveal himself to you. The earlier you find him the best because you will forever wish you had discovered the truth long ago. He is God of gods no power, no force can limit him there is no degree of argument that can either change or move him.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by simplymee: 9:18am On Jan 21, 2011
I thank God that he is faithful and he loves all of us. Some really have not realized it that He hates sin but loves the sinner that is why he sent his Son.Come to think of it, If it was not for God's grace and mercy, the walk with him would have been long lost in despair. THANK U FATHER.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by andyprez(m): 9:56am On Jan 21, 2011
Horayce:

I'm not here to argue with you either. How do you define reality, is it only bent on what you can see, feel or touch?. Take love as an example. It doesn't have all these qualities yet its real.
I don't know what propelled you utter these things but i do know the God I serve will deliver you only if you believe.
The world you know was created on a day & i assure you its gonna end one day. Heaven is real likewise hell. Its the decision you make today that will determine where you'll end tomorrow.
olu77:

He is not one of the 3800 gods you referred to, He is the GOD that created you, you are not here by accident. I pray He would have mercy on you and reveal himself to you. The earlier you find him the best because you will forever wish you had discovered the truth long ago. He is God of gods no power, no force can limit him there is no degree of argument that can either change or move him.
thanks dude.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Pethan: 2:43pm On Jan 21, 2011
I read every comment line upon line, i was moved into tears after reading some comments. I was brought up from a very strict x-tian home i never miss church activities i gave my life to christ at a very tender age and his grace as been surfficient to me. Through out the whole of 2010 i did not attend church is unlike me, Reasons: i was disappointed by the way of life of some of the leaders in my church having in mind to change my church and was looking for one. After reading this tread i had to go back to calvary were i once started i pray that God will give me grace to serve him all the days of my life. (Amen)
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by confetti(f): 3:02pm On Jan 21, 2011
Horayce:

Horayce,
This world is not what you think of it I must tell you. I remember what happened to me when I was in my second year in the university. Even though a born again, I was neither there nor here. I just lived as if nothing mattered and one night in my room at home, I discovered I was dieing. I knew I was dieing because I was screaming "Am I dieing! Am I dieing' but no one could help me. My lower jaw sealed up with my upper jaw and I saw my spirit leaving my body. I left our ceiling through an opening and continued upward through the same opening which was getting bigger as I kept going up. I entered a white castle but unfortunately for me, I wasn't dressed like every body there and so continued on my part. I got to a door and a particular man that everybody reverenced came and asked me to give him those things he gave, I did even though till today I don't know exactly what I gave him and from there I saw myself in another horrible place. Every one standing was in chains. As I was there, there was a constant influx of people bound hands and legs and they were being thrown into a big pit beside a giant of a man who was issuing out orders. the man ordered then to tie me but I refused. He became very furious and tied me shouting that I had my time on earth to believe & follow "him" but I didn't and now he owns me. I kept crying and shouting that I wasn't staying there. He never looked at me but continued in his duties until I saw the same man that collected something from me at the other side. he was just passing without talking to any one and I fell down begging him, he kept passing and I held his cloth begging and crying from the bottom of my heart. The man had pity on me and told me emphatically "may be I should give u a second chance" and he told them to loose me. They did and I followed him out. The good thing is that I asked for the thing he collected from me at the door, he gave me 2 old dirty fifty naira notes. I was so eager and collected them with all thanks. He then looked at me again and collected back the 2 dirty notes and gave me a 100 naira note mint. He brought me to a particular road and told me to follow that road. I entered the road and woke up on my bed.

Ever since that night, I don't doubt about God and Hell fire one bit. It is very real and truly, Hell is scary. No one in his right senses would ever wish to be there if you ever saw what I saw there. One thing I understood that night is that "A spirit" knows things without being told. I saw things I have never seen on earth and no one ever told me their names. I just knew the names by myself. Perhaps this was why Adam could name all things as he did.

One more thing to other readers, I still don't know the meaning of that 100 naira note. My sister said it is talent, my mom tot it should be the life that he gave back to me. I still don't know especially as I do not really see any particular special talent in me. Am still searching for the meaning of that money given back to me.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by cescky(m): 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2011
My biological mothers late, I have a step mum( very very evil , she’s an occultist, though she tries to hide but God has exposed her), my father quite wealthy, but his suffering, He’s like a fish that leaves in a mighty ocean but is always thirsty( feel sorry for him at times , at times I don’t) we have a few houses in Lagos but I leave by my self and pay rent,( its painful but I see God working) here’s how the ALMIGHTY whom is the most powerful works

A neighbor of mine came to my house one day and told me he needed to use the net, that I should come with him to the café to help him out, I agreed, when we got to the café, (my stomach can be sensitive but I had not taken anything that disturbs)all of sudden my stomach starts running riot so I tell my guy, I want to go home to ease my self, so I fly a bike and rush in, gbem what do I see my step mother in my room doing incantation, I and my brother confronted my dad that night ( he seems to be afraid of the woman some people say he’s under bondage and cant see with his normal eyes, its possible cos things this man called my father has done to us! Well we thank God) as usual he’s afraid to talk to her , but as God will have it , her own son even testified against her that day, cos she actually told her son to keep , guard if any one approaches he should call her, though he called her that day , he was slow, cut long story short, we told our dad to decide as a man to give us another place, he was dragging his feet here and there and refused in the long run, well now I stay on my own (what God is actually doing here is to teach u to be dependent on none but him, cos its only in our darkest ours do we reach out for him, normally as a human being in our comfort zones none and 99% of humans wont seek God, its when its bad we look for him, doubt me? Check out the bible heroes or models and how they discovered God) also God loves to turn stone to bread i.e. He loves to do the impossible, why ask? The answers in the bible and it says “ so that no flesh would glory in His sight”. also if urn in this position God wants to make something great of your life And he wants it this way so that your father or who ever would not announce at the end that he made you this or that, God is actually writing your story to encourage others etc
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by nuella2(f): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2011
Pethan:

I read every comment line upon line, i was moved into tears after reading some comments. I was brought up from a very strict x-tian home i never miss church activities i gave my life to christ at a very tender age and his grace as been surfficient to me. Through out the whole of 2010 i did not attend church is unlike me, Reasons: i was disappointed by the way of life of some of the leaders in my church having in mind to change my church and was looking for one. After reading this tread i had to go back to calvary were i once started i pray that God will give me grace to serve him all the days of my life. (Amen)

Hello dear, christianity is a personal race, you have a responsibility to live for your master. You will stand before him one day to give account of your life. You cant tell him you stopped to worrship him because of pple. I frankly agree with you that it can be discouraging to see pple who are to lead you do somethings wrong but you shld realize that they are not perfect too. Run your race my dear. If you are not comfortable in the church you are, you can change but i assure you, there is no perfect church. Just make up your mind to do all you were created for, let nothing stop you, i repeat let nothing stop you. God loves you dearly.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by sirt1(m): 4:14pm On Jan 21, 2011
God bless the initiator of this thread. God is awesome. He had worked miracle in my life despite my sinful nature. He never left me alone. When I thought it was finished, God said He has not done yet with me. What more can I say? If not for him, I would have been forgotten long time ago. He delivered from fatal motor accident. He rescued me from notorious kidnapper. I can mention from now till tomorrow what he has done for me. Growing up was not easy. Battles here and there, both physical and spiritual. But He stood with me and my family even when I did not know Him. No wonder the scripture says " even we were yet sinners, He died for us".  He kept his words that wen we pass through fire, he will not leave us alone. Glory be to His name.

I beseech  every one to pray for me. The battle is too much for me. I can not do it alone. Pray for me. I want to know him more and more this year and for the rest of my life. I need your prayer day and nite.

Horayce:

I stopped believing in the existence of god pretty recently and my life has become better for it. I feel much more in control of the trajectory and shape of my destiny rather than hinging my hopes on an unknown external deity who expects I should grovel at him all day long to get my needs answered.

But then again, I don't foist my non-belief on others (christains need to take a cue from this). People have the right to lead their lives and minds as they so desire. Scripture never made logical sense to me, and the day I had the boldness to question long established beliefs marked the beginning of a fulfilling intellectual journey I'll never regret till the day I expire.

@Horayce,

I pity you. I wish you could see beyond your nose. The bible says " a foolish man says in His heart there is no GOD" I pray you will come to your senses before it is too late.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Olayinkaoj(m): 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2011
In summary, I am Olayinka, male 41 yrs old staying out of Lagos. I have been morally conscious since I was young even though myself and my siblings grew up in the way of white garment church practices but I still remain morally conscious. I first gave my life to Christ in 1991 there about but I backslide several times, purely on fornication reasons. I thank God for His mercies anyway, because despite my unrighteousness, he still keeps me and I thank God that the love for women has gone totally out of my mind. Even 6 years into my marital life was full of adultery  but the spirit of God has taken that away off me. I have never being a thief and I am always contended with what I have. I thank God because I know the power of prayers. I am still working hard to be more faithful. God help me.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by marami: 4:47pm On Jan 21, 2011
Maxxy, sent a mail to your box yet to hear/read from you.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by yourangel: 7:28pm On Jan 21, 2011
confetti:

One more thing to other readers, I still don't know the meaning of that 100 naira note. My sister said it is talent, my mom tot it should be the life that he gave back to me. I still don't know especially as I do not really see any particular special talent in me. Am still searching for the meaning of that money given back to me.

God of mercy! I am very happy for you, my dear brother/sister, whichever. That wasn’t an ordinary experience.  To be given a second chance? That’s very rare. I hope you’re not taking it lightly? May God help you to fulfil destiny in Jesus name. Amen.

Regarding the 100 Naira note you were given; have you read the parable of the talents? So, be wise; don’t ever go and dig your 100 Naira note in the earth o. If you carefully study the parable of the talents (which I would advise you to take up as an assignment and diligently study it in the spirit (Matthew 25:14 -30)), you would discover that God didn’t tell the servants what to do with their talents. All He needed from them was a return on investment.  Please don’t do a guess work. This is a very serious matter. Go down on your knees in fasting, worship and prayers to ask the Giver of the money (N100 note) what He wants you to do with it. Have you asked Him? “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asks receives” Matthew 7:7&8a.  Daniel prayed and God revealed the dream of Nebuchadnezzar to him; for our God reveals secret and hidden things if you ask Him to do so, ”He reveals the deep and secret things: He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him.” Daniel 2:22

As for you not having a special talent, I think you don’t need to have any special talents before fulfilling destiny. Moses never had any special talents. Inshort, he stammered and wasn’t eloquent (Exodus 4:10), yet God used him greatly. Jeremiah was merely a baby with no talents. He couldn’t even talk properly (Jeremiah 1:6), but when God touched his mouth his ministry opened up. Our Lord Jesus never had any special talents “, and when we see Him, there is no beauty that we should desire Him” Isaiah 53:2b. It was the anointing (touch) of God that made His Ministry successful. “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power:  who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him.” Acts 10:38. Please go down on your knees and ask God for your own touch. It is well with you in Jesus name. God bless.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2011
sir t:

@Horayce,

I pity you. I wish you could see beyond your nose. The bible says " a foolish man says in His heart there is no GOD" I pray you will come to your senses before it is too late.

Who can't see beyond his nose?

Have u ever pondered about the lot of our forefathers who worshipped idols and had no exposure to christianity? What if you were born at that period in time? - centuries ago?. So just because the west exported christianity pretty recently  to us now makes u think u r going to make heaven over previous generations of africans who worshipped idols out of sheer ignorance and will probably burn in hell for all u care . 

What if you were born into some other religious faith like hindu, jain or scientology? u probably would be telling me your god is superior to all other gods.

have u imagined a world where religion and faith were the only thing we relied on, not science. Can u imagine hw backward and retrogressive society wold have been? what can religin and faith do? friggin tell me?

I'm sure ur scared shit thats y u never ponder these thoughts, but i i truly don't blame u
Like u, i was once delusional and accepted everything in d xtian faith without raising objections till i started askin questions,

Who wouldnt be comforted by the idea of spending eternity in paradise afterall? But sheer reason and logic tells me its all balls ive been told since i was young
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by dtun: 12:18am On Jan 23, 2011
Thank God for Nuella for obeying the voice of the Holy Spirit to open this thread. I am inspired by all what I have read so far. The truth is that many lives have been affected positively on this thread. I am not perfect as many on this thread have pointed out on themselves as well, but I know that the grace of God is sufficient to make us steadfast in him. Like the lyrics of a song I like a lot goes;
We fall down, but we get up (2ce)
For a saint is someone who falls down and gets up

The devil has been using the tool of self condemnation a lot to weigh/keep us down when we fall. We condemn ourselves because we know that we have wronged God and we think that God cannot forgive us for this particular sin, so we find it difficult to look up to him again. It's the same thing Adam did when he ate the apple in the garden of Eden, he went to hide himself somewhere because he was too ashamed to look up to God. Jesus told Peter that he will deny Him three times and Peter laughed at it as being impossible. Peter did deny Jesus Christ three times and he was so ashamed of himself, but Jesus has prayed him just as he has prayed for you & I as well. Its time to rise up above the weight of satan's deceitful tool of self condemnation. The truth is when we fall down and we rise up, we should make sure we pick up some lessons that led to our fall so that we will not fall prey again to the same thing next time. Our God is a gracious God; He is rich in mercy and slow to anger. Get up brother, get up sister and let us run this race which the saints of Old have ran successfully and I pray that we shall make it home in Jesus name (amen).
I will post my personal experience soon.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by mabell: 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2011
Interesting, educating and at times challenging
I learn and experience new things every single day
I'm glad to be on God's team, really!
where else could i have being and what would i have being without God shocked
hmmm!?!
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by CGKing(m): 9:05pm On Jan 24, 2011
Great. God has been faithful. Only, i have to learn to listen more.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by andyprez(m): 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2011
confetti:

Horayce,
This world is not what you think of it I must tell you. I remember what happened to me when I was in my second year in the university. Even though a born again, I was neither there nor here. I just lived as if nothing mattered and one night in my room at home, I discovered I was dieing. I knew I was dieing because I was screaming "Am I dieing! Am I dieing' but no one could help me. My lower jaw sealed up with my upper jaw and I saw my spirit leaving my body. I left our ceiling through an opening and continued upward through the same opening which was getting bigger as I kept going up. I entered a white castle but unfortunately for me, I wasn't dressed like every body there and so continued on my part. I got to a door and a particular man that everybody reverenced came and asked me to give him those things he gave, I did even though till today I don't know exactly what I gave him and from there I saw myself in another horrible place. Every one standing was in chains. As I was there, there was a constant influx of people bound hands and legs and they were being thrown into a big pit beside a giant of a man who was issuing out orders. the man ordered then to tie me but I refused. He became very furious and tied me shouting that I had my time on earth to believe & follow "him" but I didn't and now he owns me. I kept crying and shouting that I wasn't staying there. He never looked at me but continued in his duties until I saw the same man that collected something from me at the other side. he was just passing without talking to any one and I fell down begging him, he kept passing and I held his cloth begging and crying from the bottom of my heart. The man had pity on me and told me emphatically "may be I should give u a second chance" and he told them to loose me. They did and I followed him out. The good thing is that I asked for the thing he collected from me at the door, he gave me 2 old dirty fifty naira notes. I was so eager and collected them with all thanks. He then looked at me again and collected back the 2 dirty notes and gave me a 100 naira note mint. He brought me to a particular road and told me to follow that road. I entered the road and woke up on my bed.

Ever since that night, I don't doubt about God and Hell fire one bit. It is very real and truly, Hell is scary. No one in his right senses would ever wish to be there if you ever saw what I saw there. One thing I understood that night is that "A spirit" knows things without being told. I saw things I have never seen on earth and no one ever told me their names. I just knew the names by myself. Perhaps this was why Adam could name all things as he did.

just as in Luke 12: 48 ''to whom much is given, much is expected''. Before you had your experience, little was expected of you but now that you have so much revelation about God & His kingdom, your are expected to work more. Also know that your reward is great after you accomplish this task. God be with you.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by adetunrayo(f): 9:19am On Jan 26, 2011
My walk with God has been glorious. God has been my shepherd. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by emmadaniel: 10:21am On Jan 26, 2011
ONCE BEEN STABBED THRICE ON MY HEART IN A BROAD DAY LIGHT WHILE I WAS TAKING A NAP BUT
UNFORTUNATELY FOR THE WIZARD I WAS LONG REDEEMED(HOLY GHOST ODEESHE).

ONCE BEEN POISONED BUT WHOSOEVER THE SON OF GOD SETS FREE IS FREE INDEED.

THEY TRIED TO AMPUTATE ME ONE BLESSED NIGHT AFTER MY MIDNIGHT PRAYERS BUT ONE SENTENCE
GAVE LIFE TO MY ARM AGAIN.

THEY HAVE TRIED TO KILL ME MANY TIMES BUT WHEN I OPEN MY MOUTH THEY FLEE.

I ONCE WOKE ONE MORNING AND MY RIGHT HAND WAS DEAD. JUST ONE SENTENCE BROUGHT
LIFE BACK TO MY ARM.

IS JESUS NOT ALIVE?
I WILL SERVE HIM FOREVER FOR HIS BLOOD IS POWER. AND THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS
MY GREATEST TREASURE.

WHO CAN BATTLE WITH THE LORD.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by kingron: 2:51pm On Jan 26, 2011
we give God the glory, its by his grace nd mercy.though not being a faithful christain, but his mercy is still there, died when i was young in d middle of d night,rushd to a local hospital but no response 4rm dem but a man frm no where prayd 4 me not by my might or power. i got breath again.but b4 my mom cud say tanx afta jumping 4 joy, d man cud not be found.til date we dnt knw this man.i believe he was a pastor sent by GOd or an angel.Whatever, i am alive 2day nd believe jesus lives.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by foluski: 12:04am On Jan 28, 2011
To pinky lady and other people in her shoes,I want you to know that you are not alone.We all ain't having it easy,but 'he that endureth to the end will be saved'.Keep the faith my people'GOD will support us smiley wink grin cheesy
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by jamesugo: 10:34am On Jan 28, 2011
My family of three are lovers of God. We fear him and walk in his ways.No one is perfectly Holy but we strive to.
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by melvino85: 2:01pm On Jan 28, 2011
Read the post and felt i should share my experience, i got born again at an early age in life, which was may back in 98, then i got into university and started a whole new walk with God and growth in his word, but whenever i went bk home, i couldnt giv attention to the word for fear of persecution,until my 4th year, my leader said, i hv to make up my mind to face it, and then i did.the persecutions were tough, its a lot tougher, when you are told to leave the house,no school fees, even lock u out. i felt so bad, but d word kept assuring me. then i finshed school and couldnt serve due to no fault of mine, but the persecutions came again,but i didnt give up.all mates went to serve, while i followed Gods purpose for my life, for we know all things work together for GOOD. i got so committed in church, grew to leadership positions,and focused on the kingdom, during my service year, i got a job, not serving, a job!!! that ws the 1st mirracle, d company gave me clearance papers,and told me not to inform nysc that i ws on a paid salary.paid much higher than my colleagues. 1month and 2weeks later, i got another job outside the country,as an expartriate staff in my own country. Now, when all this happened, my family who once persecuted me and said some tuff things, became different, i became the light in the family.the miracle guy. the word works for all those that stick to it. it ws hard and painful, but my only assurance like i said, is the word, i still have a rich experience with the lord everyday, if you would really seek 1st d kingdom of God, all other things, d job, money, house, cars would b added, blive this,its what has worked for me, fellowshiping with the lord,the word and his HOLY SPIRIT is my greatest experience
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Azibalua(f): 10:29am On Jan 29, 2011
Mine has been from strength to strength
Got born again at a very young age
Did not know so much,so made a lot of mistakes
But god had a purpose for my life
He set me on the course I must follow
Everyday I fulfil his plan for my life because he has set me in a place where I cannot but touch more lives

I got married in 2009, in 2010 two weeks to my due date precisely on the 5th of April after a great service in church I went home,ate very well and slept off around 8:00pm,I woke up around 11:00pm and felt some slight pain in my back,called my pastor and he prayed for me after which I went back to sleep,the next time I woke up,the first thing I heard was congratulations you have a baby boy,
The next day when I heard what really happened the only thing I could say was God is faithful
My son is the healthiest child I have ever known,he is a godly seed,and loved by everyone.
God is indeed faithful

And I will continually seek to pease him,
This walk so far have been great
Re: How Has Your Walk With God Been? by Jaylone(m): 7:49pm On Jan 29, 2011
GOD IS FAITHFUL That's all I can say. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Ten Commandments To Follow In Life / The Devil Is Powerless Without Your Fear. / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.