Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,990 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies (22847 Views)

Northern Youths Demand Keyamo, CBN Gov’s Sack Over Relocation Of Agencies / Buhari Swaps Two Heads Of Agencies Under The Humanitarian Ministry / Daniel N Obah Congratulates Ministers From Niger Delta Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Nobody: 8:40am On May 23, 2020
Offpoint:
The best gift anyone can give to him/herself is by sticking his/her middle finger deep down his/her azz and smell it every morning.

Nothing motivates anyone more than this....

I'm so sure that is something you don't do
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Coldie(m): 8:41am On May 23, 2020
Nice move. People like Akpabio can't steal freely again

1 Like

Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Offpoint: 8:41am On May 23, 2020
Organicist95:

I'm so sure that is something you don't do
I guess you've never heard of the famous saying of nothing is new under the sun.
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by FGonline: 8:47am On May 23, 2020
YorubaKinging:
I hope those watching out for the moon finds it today o

Otherwise you go fast tire

Ignorance is a problem
lol is just like leap year....thy will see d moon
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Nchenches: 8:47am On May 23, 2020
Buhari where?

After 80, a man hardly follows up with what happens around him, talk less, presiding over a most complex country of 190 million people from different ethnic and religious groups.

Buhari must be more than 80 years old if President Buhari is still alive.
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Akaegwu(m): 8:50am On May 23, 2020
Gradually creating another Kyari
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Nobody: 8:51am On May 23, 2020
Offpoint:

I guess you've never heard of the famous saying of nothing is new under the sun.

Corona is new under the sun
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by kafeii123: 8:51am On May 23, 2020
eleko1:
sad Cos 92% of dem are malams

Not necessarily
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Nobody: 8:52am On May 23, 2020
Remove Disaster minister
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Microwhy: 8:53am On May 23, 2020
YorubaKinging:

Ignorance is a problem
Intelligent and brilliant observation..
Abi you're the one your cousin brother is beaten because of #100 biscuit because no doubt, you're a small boy.. grow-up lad.
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Nobody: 8:53am On May 23, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Hmmmm, this is a terrible way to run a country. The ministers were put there to get quick results in relatively short duration and most of them just want that. If they can't fire or threaten to fire those under them, then you've removed all the powers from them. I'm not saying that a free and fair trial shouldn't be observed but I'm sure that no minister would fire any CEO without extremely concrete evidence. Trials and hearings can take several months and these criminals would keep looting and enjoying our Common wealth
Gbam!
my thoughts too...
Baba go-slow at it...
it will now take 6months to 2yrs to clear habitual looters.
This is even a slap on the faces of all respected ministers, because if their subordinates settle the SGF then they are free to misbehave without fear of sack.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Offpoint: 8:56am On May 23, 2020
Organicist95:

Perhaps you should read your earthly histories more
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Offpoint: 8:57am On May 23, 2020
Organicist95:

Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by kayusely70(m): 9:00am On May 23, 2020
Red Tapism That Would Breed And Encourage Indiscipline.
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by tonysunkan: 9:01am On May 23, 2020
The SGF’s circular now protects heads of agencies from their supervising ministers’ arbitrariness but may have created a hurdle of red-tapism that may delay – or even prevent – sanction for abuses.

That's the fact.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Sheuns(m): 9:02am On May 23, 2020
YorubaKinging:

Ignorance is a problem

grin Lol bro. Fasting stops when the month of Ramadan completes 30 or the moon is sighted, whichever comes first. Why u go talk say we go fast tire? Na die be that na. grin
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Nobody: 9:04am On May 23, 2020
Offpoint:

Then the history should provide a cure

If it isn't new then finding the cure should not be a problem...!
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by eleko1: 9:04am On May 23, 2020
Go to Fed sec and confirm
kafeii123:

Not necessarily
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by letitrainnow(m): 9:05am On May 23, 2020
Isoright .
angry grin
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Babinski: 9:07am On May 23, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Hmmmm, this is a terrible way to run a country. The ministers were put there to get quick results in relatively short duration and most of them just want that. If they can't fire or threaten to fire those under them, then you've removed all the powers from them. I'm not saying that a free and fair trial shouldn't be observed but I'm sure that no minister would fire any CEO without extremely concrete evidence. Trials and hearings can take several months and these criminals would keep looting and enjoying our Common wealth

Your assumption is not necessarily true. A Minister should not be able to unilaterally fire the Head of an Agency that has a Governing Board without any input from the Board. Ministers are hardly chosen for their expertise but political patronage.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Offpoint: 9:08am On May 23, 2020
Organicist95:

Then the history should provide a cure
If it isn't new then finding the cure should not be a problem...!
The history is there in the first place for you to prepare for the future. If we weren't sleeping the cure would been found by now.
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Reference(m): 9:08am On May 23, 2020
Feudalism on tne beat. Why not hold the Ministers to strict performance standards and then hold them accountable. Now insubordination reigns. The President(cy) wants its hands in every pie and its boots up every arse.
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by agabusta: 9:09am On May 23, 2020
ProfAmaben:

The Ministers do not have the power to fire them, according to the laws setting up the agencies.

The Ministers' actions are illegal, and it's a good one that the govt is going back to playing by the books.
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Ezewuzie01: 9:09am On May 23, 2020
This is a sensible directive.
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Nobody: 9:10am On May 23, 2020
Offpoint:

The history is there in the first place for you to prepare for the future.
If we weren't sleeping the cure would been found by now.

Pointless
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Offpoint: 9:12am On May 23, 2020
Organicist95:

Pointless
Good day.
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Mdmelijah: 9:14am On May 23, 2020
Join WhatsApp group on relationships 08120136979
Re: Buhari Restrains Ministers From Disciplining, Removing Heads Of Agencies by Reference(m): 9:14am On May 23, 2020
Ezewuzie01:
This is a sensible directive.

What is sensible about having two captains in a cockpit. You talk as if you don't know Nigeria. Now nothing will get done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspected Fulani Herdsman Kills 26-year-old Man In Rivers State / Lagos 2023: GAC Has Not Settled For Any Replacement For Sanwo-Olu / Goodluck Jonathan Joins World Leaders At International Leadership Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.