Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This (9235 Views)

Peter Obi: Oil Money Not Paid Into FG Account Since January / Printing More Money: See What Hyper Inflation Caused In Somaliland (photos) / What Men Does For Money: See Current Nigerian Governor Who Washes Dead Bodies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by Jakemedg(m): 8:19am On May 26, 2020
Macphenson:

This is a public forum, a lot of people abroad come here to see what's happening in Nigeria and to understand Nigeria.

He should improve in his writing skills lest they think that's how every Nigerian writes.

This is not an almajiri forum.
And you think by calling someone an Almajiri is okay by you?
Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by Macphenson: 8:22am On May 26, 2020
Jakemedg:

Almajiri is a system that operates in the north, it is the northern pride according to you people. So what's wrong with that?
Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:25am On May 26, 2020
nku5:
[s]

Even if SE states produce one cup of oil per day combined at least they are contributing. Show us what the north has ever contributed except terrorism, beggars roaming all over the country and bandits living in our forests in the south[/s]
Even these born criminals that everyone is tired of are talking angry
Well,you can use your one cup of oil to feed yourselves and stop clinging on the ND
The North possess a lot of resources from agriculture to minerals which they actually have to toil and sweat for unlike oil.They are of far more use than your one cup of oil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by kayusely70(m): 8:25am On May 26, 2020
tatatar:
Oil production in what reasonable quantities sir undecided Even the SW produces 4× more oil than you:
Akwa Ibom- the largest oil producer with 31.4% (504,000 BPD) Delta – 21.56% (346,000 BPD) Rivers – 21.43% (344,000 BPD) Bayelsa – 18.07% (290,000 BPD) Ondo – 3.74% (60,000 BPD) Lagos – 2.64% (40,000 BPD) Edo – 2.06% (33,000 BPD) Imo-1.06 % (17,000 BPD) Abia-0.68% (11,000 BPD)
Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by Jakemedg(m): 8:29am On May 26, 2020
Captainrambo2:
the money never trickles down. Okay by virtue of geopolitical zone I'm from niger delta. But oil money never pass my eye . Na hear I dey hear am.

Btw arewa tell yiur brothers to pack thier shits and get out. We really don't like you guys.
Btw arewa tell yiur brothers to pack thier shits and get out. We really don't like you guys .
Okay are you ready to accommodate your Niger delta brothers/sisters who are here in the north in their thousands?

1 Like

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by Jakemedg(m): 8:32am On May 26, 2020
Macphenson:

Almajiri is a system that operates in the north, it is the northern pride according to you people. So what's wrong with that?
I am not a northerner
Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by Jakemedg(m): 8:35am On May 26, 2020
GamalNasser:
So because of one hausa boy took picture with a 10 year old rollsroyce ghost not even Phantom the north has now become a developed society others can emulate from ? The same north that has ruled Nigeria for over 40 years , produced 80 percent of it's leader and ironically has 80 percent of it's people living in Poverty ... You speak of NDDC corruption like the corruption there is not worse under Buhari now .. don't provoke me
This same north are politically strategic how about that?
Modified: "The same north that has ruled Nigeria for over 40 years" the last election Nigeria conducted two Northerners ATIKU and BUHARI ran for the office of President , the south due to interests voted massively for ATIKU and BUHARI ,What i am trying to say is that both SW and SE therners should stop hypocracy
Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by nku5: 8:39am On May 26, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Even these born criminals that everyone is tired of are talking angry
Well,you can use your one cup of oil to feed yourselves and stop clinging on the ND
The North possess a lot of resources from agriculture to minerals which they actually have to toil and sweat for unlike oil.They are of far more use than your one cup of oil.

The personal income tax paid by Imo state indigenes alone is more than the tax combined by every single one of you in the north. You guys are world champion parasites that Lugard infected the south with. Worse than corona virus, malaria and ebola combined grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by ScotMisile: 8:40am On May 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Then stick to the Nigeria and Dem Nigerians topic.
That's exactly what it is .
Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by Macphenson: 8:45am On May 26, 2020
Jakemedg:
I am not a northerner

So why are you bothered about Almajiri when the North themselves have said it's their pride?

What's your problem then?

Trying to be more Catholic than the pope?
Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by Jakemedg(m): 8:48am On May 26, 2020
nku5:

The personal income tax paid by Imo state indigenes alone is more than the tax combined by every single one of you in the north. You guys are world champion parasites that Lugard infected the south with. Worse than corona virus, malaria and ebola combined grin
Now you are blaming Lord Lugard
Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by pquaver(m): 8:56am On May 26, 2020
Yenefer:
The Igbos outside of the south east are 10 times higher than those in the south east.
That means nigeria is working for them the south east can't contain the whole Igbos in terms of prosperity.
only The Lazy ones Are agitating

Not far from the true. Even our forefathers said " A naghi a no ofu ebe ekili mmawu". You cannot stand 1 place and watch the great masquerade dance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by nku5: 8:58am On May 26, 2020
Jakemedg:
Now you are blaming Lord Lugard

I have always blamed Lugard for bringing the north into our lives. There has been absolutely NO gain in being in the same country with the northerners only terrible losses. Not one gain but the north owes everything to the south. If we in the south don't buy the tomatoes, onions from the north in such huge numbers how would the northern farmers eat and feed their families? The breweries in the south are the biggest buyers of the grain from the north.

All the north ever gave the south was to export its poorest down to our states, invent corruption, riot and murder southerners over cartoons in Europe etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by ruggedtimi(m): 8:58am On May 26, 2020
The day I fear northerners...while doing my internship in pH depot, buhari's govt just came into power and Bam 300 brand-new trucks with inscription "Rahaminiyya" trooping into the depot. I haven't seen anything like that. All I could see is money and power from the north and I quickly looked up the name on the internet. The only news relating to the name "Rahaminiyya" that I saw on the internet was a boy with luxury cars

1 Like

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by Yenefer(f): 9:03am On May 26, 2020
Jakemedg:
Pls. don't mind. 90% of them here, are poor Yahoo boys. And marijuana infested mind. If we need real discussion we know where to find the sensible amongst them. U can't reason with someone who is brainwashed to believing you are the caused of their misfortune. Don't expect respect from someone who doesn't respect themselves. They are also very afraid in reality, they act like Lions in the internet. We troll them, We belittle them, they become angry and we move. because they can't do anything besides calling us Almajiri and Abokis. For me I actually want them to be angry, exploiting their Vulnerabilities. maybe chain of events may cause them to........ That I will not say

4 Likes

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by Jakemedg(m): 9:04am On May 26, 2020
nku5:

I have always blamed Lugard for bringing the north into our lives. There has been absolutely NO gain in being in the same country with the northerners only terrible losses. Not one gain but the north owes everything to the south. If we in the south don't buy the tomatoes, onions from the north in such huge numbers how would the northern farmers eat and feed their families? The breweries in the south are the biggest buyers of the grain from the north.

All the north ever gave the south was to export its poorest down to our states, invent corruption, riot and murder southerners over cartoons in Europe etc
What about the millions of southerners residing in the north? Can you mention just one state in the south that can confidently cater for it's own people?

2 Likes

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by lexyking(m): 9:06am On May 26, 2020
OP, I understand your write up Is meant to serve as a response to some tribal jabs that was directed towards your region since those arewa kids pictures surfaced online yesterday, however in your attempt to do this you're making the same mistake that you're desperately trying to correct.

While I've never been one of those that tends to blame others for my misfortunes, because I believe nothing happens without me permitting it either directly or indirectly. So I get it when you say the south are the problem to themselves and not the north,

My grouse is that you're making it sound normal and ok for a few to steal and enjoy the wealth that is meant for everyone. Agreed, we can't all be equally rich but at least we can all be comfortable.

Like I said earlier that I don't have any problem with the rich northerners, my problem is their attempts to display so much affluence while the majority of their people are wallowing in extreme poverty. So I think instead of defending their lavish lifestyles, you should be finding a way to make them see reasons on the need to find a way to evenly distribute wealth among their populace.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by oglalasioux(m): 9:12am On May 26, 2020
Apart from saying 'stupid' several times you are a good writer and I believe what you wrote 100%. I did my national youth service in Northern Borno State and I can testify.

I once visited a town called Koshebe in Mafa LGA. The rice farm I saw there was unarguably larger than my village. In that far desert, I saw farmers that owned exotic cars.

What the North needs is the flatten the curve in the rich/poor graph.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by nku5: 9:17am On May 26, 2020
Jakemedg:
What about the millions of southerners residing in the north? Can you mention just one state in the south that can confidently cater for it's own people?

The millions of southerners in the north are adding value either as fee paying students, business owners, employees of organisations that are 99% owned by southerners. They are paying rent, taking northern youth of the streets and employing them, giving alms. The Igbo traders in the north have a policy of employing street boys to menial tasks. Who north epp?

I don't know what you mean by southern states cater for its own people. Please be a bit specific

3 Likes

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by nku5: 9:21am On May 26, 2020
oglalasioux:
Apart from saying 'stupid' several times you are a good writer and I believe what you wrote 100%. I did my national youth service in Northern Borno State and I can testify.

I once visited a town called Koshebe in Mafa LGA. The rice farm I saw there was unarguably larger than my village. In that far desert, I saw farmers that owned exotic cars.

What the North needs is the flatten the curve in the rich/poor graph.

If you check well those farm owners are not ordinary village farmers. They are most likely ex-military servicemen or other privileged classes of persons in the north fortunate enough to get huge expanses of land to cultivate.

6 Likes

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by Jakemedg(m): 9:26am On May 26, 2020
nku5:

The millions of southerners in the north are adding value either as fee paying students, business owners, employees of organisations that are 99% owned by southerners. They are paying rent, taking northern youth of the streets and employing them, giving alms. The Igbo traders in the north have a policy of employing street boys to menial tasks. Who north epp?

I don't know what you mean by southern states cater for its own people. Please be a bit specific
No need going back and forth on this issue .You said Northerners should be separated from Southerners yet you know Southerners can't do without North
Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by oglalasioux(m): 9:27am On May 26, 2020
nku5:

If you check well those farm owners are not ordinary village farmers. They are most likely ex-military servicemen or other privileged classes of persons in the north fortunate enough to get huge expanses of land to cultivate.

No. The farms are owned by the villagers. I actually went there to get information on the rice farm. That was in 2006. You'll never believe how rich some northerners have become just from farming.

1 Like

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by staytravel: 9:29am On May 26, 2020
Macphenson:

So why are you bothered about Almajiri when the North themselves have said it's their pride?

What's your problem then?

Trying to be more Catholic than the pope?

exactly
Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by nku5: 9:33am On May 26, 2020
Jakemedg:
No need going back and forth on this issue .You claimed Northerners should be separated from Southerners yet you know Southerners can't do without North

"I know" wetin? Abeg if you wan run just run grin or simply answer the question I asked you

1 Like

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by Jakemedg(m): 9:38am On May 26, 2020
nku5:

"I know" wetin? Abeg if you wan run just run grin or simply answer the question I asked you
Okay i no run i dey here now
Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by nku5: 9:39am On May 26, 2020
oglalasioux:

No. The farms are owned by the villagers. I actually went there to get information on the rice farm. That was in 2006. You'll never believe how rich some northerners have become just from farming.

That's interesting

2 Likes

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by CodeTemplar: 9:43am On May 26, 2020
Jakemedg:
I've read all you wrote and i must say you are not far from the truth atleast 65 percent are raw truth , No hard feelings but what do you mean by your man became president and bayelsa didn't become london?

Bayelsa didn't become London and he is right. Few corrupt and loud mouthed bayelsans only made awuff wealth and those wealth were 75% gone within 3 years of relinquishing power.

Power doesn't translate to wealth, it is production that does and as long as bayelsans and southerners think power is what they lack, they will remain behind. Those northerners OP highlighted are rich because they produce. Somebody paid them because they produced something that can be exchanged for money. They started producing these items hundreds of years before oil came on the scene, so it will be extremely stupîd to say they are using oil money.

1 Like

Re: Before You Accuses The Northerners Stole Oil Money See This by Jakemedg(m): 9:46am On May 26, 2020
nku5:

what i was trying to say is no southern state can be so independent that its people won't still travel out to the north for greener pastures.You admitted that southerners are doing well in the north yet you don't want northerners the owners of north. You can't be speaking from both sides of your mouth

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sunshine Stars Players Protest Over 3 Months Unpaid Salaries In Ondo State / 2023: PDP Will Win South-East And South–South Overwhelmingly – Mohammed Bwala / Ministers:the Profiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.