Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Please Help My English Is Very Bad - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help My English Is Very Bad (34549 Views)

My Inability To Speak Fluent English Is Costing Me Huge Opportunities. / 21 Reasons Why English Is Difficult To Learn / Please How Can I Improve In My English Speaking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Onebyonedead: 1:55am On May 27, 2020
Stupid individual
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by divineappo(m): 5:07am On May 27, 2020
Checked86:
more like an introvert. when I open my mouth to speak, it is not when i intend saying that would come out. It is one thing if you don't even know whether your English is correct or not, and it is another when you know. The later is very painful. Today, i said, " Ask him for the money but if he DOESN'T pay, come to me" instead of ... "if he DIDN'T pay..." I am not 'that' bad in writing, but talking. ABOUT YOUR QUESTION, I AM NOT IN THE NORTH. why did you ask that?
OK, I asked because I av been to the north, most people there can't speak English, even some non indigene there, their English is poor
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by divineappo(m): 5:08am On May 27, 2020
Morray:
you go gree 85k mek we deal
where are u located?
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Dybala11(m): 6:43am On May 27, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?
I dnt have confidence speaking good English always Craming what to say?

Please help me.
Practice makes perfection. You can do yourself a whole lot of good by reading more novels, newspapers, books etc. You should have a dictionary around you most times too. Also, make more intellectually sound friends on various social media platforms and endeavour to always chat with them using correct expressions.
You can get the textbooks "A1 English" and "A-Z English" for a starter.
Take note bro, just focus initially on your use of tenses, stick to simple words and expressions, the essence of language is communication so don't try to imitate Patrick Obahiagbon. With these, you will be okay and able to write correct expressions.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 7:01am On May 27, 2020
divineappo:
where are u located?
Lagos
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Encyclopedia1: 7:17am On May 27, 2020
Can it be as bad as Jennifers? If it is then I can't deal. grin
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by uchrikk(m): 7:17am On May 27, 2020
In addition to many of the recommendations here, you should not join those who sigh and walk away when your daddy changes the TV channel to NTA news at 9p.m. or Channels TV news at 10. Stay there and listen to the news.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by ceejeck(m): 9:11am On May 27, 2020
litigator:
Oxford online English is your best plug @op. Follow them on YouTube and online.
It is free. You can practice as you watch.

I suck at sentence structures. I don't know how to apply punctuation.

But I am getting better now. Lastly, start writing and keep writing. I go back to what I wrote few months back and I am like wow!

Did I really write this? But I am better now, even though I am not there yet.

Always remember, anything worth doing at all, is worth doing badly if you don't know how to do until you become better at it. Like NIKE, just do it and improve on it.

I do 500mb night plan to take just English classes on YouTube and it is rewarding. Finally , I am able to put my ideas across in English.

Shalom.

Fundermental greetings Boss, please is that for free or do u have to subscribe?
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 11:59am On May 27, 2020
ceejeck:

Fundermental greetings Boss, please is that for free or do u have to subscribe?

Free.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by ceejeck(m): 5:31pm On May 27, 2020
litigator:

Free.

Thanks Man, God bless you!
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Abiboss: 7:14pm On May 27, 2020
Me too ooo
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Smoke55: 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Go bought exercise book also boughted data, downloaded Rosetta Stone, Duolingo, many other apps are exist.....

Dial unto YouTubers, then typing teaches me Engrish grammar..... Viola
your Own English Is An Atomic Bomb!
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Lexusgs430: 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2020
Smoke55:
your Own English Is An Atomic Bomb!

Es eat?
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Smoke55: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Es eat?
pardon?
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Lexusgs430: 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
Smoke55:
pardon?

Es eat?
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by EncoreTrades(m): 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2020
Are you a Nigerian Student, you are invited to join our Foundation Education Pandemic Motivational Program.

You stand the chance to answer some questions, or solve simple math problems and win our weekly Giveaway Prices

Our Pandemic Giveaway Program will take part on our Instagram page... and it will kick off this Friday 9pm Nigeria Time with the first question.

The first person to submit the correct answer to the question wins the Star Price of 10000 naira.

Then we will have other consolation prices for the runner ups....Recharge cards etc

Take advantage of this pandemic initiatives and win BIG...

Brought to you by;

Beverly Foundation Africa
www.beverlyafrica.org

follow our instagram page:
@beverlyfoundation

Come let us have Fun:
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by mkpurumma090(f): 7:01am On Jun 05, 2020
Onebyonedead:
Make money

Guy, forget that side not every graduate can speak English talk more of writing their names

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by mkpurumma090(f): 7:04am On Jun 05, 2020
Zornes123:
People Sha get problem for the country. grin
Like you actually crying because you can't speak English. First thing first what level of education did you attain?
Guy, forget that side not every graduate can speak English talk more of writing their names

2 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Onebyonedead: 8:24am On Jun 05, 2020
mkpurumma090:

That's why I said make money

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Vice-Principal Calls Out Student Who ‘Disrespected’ Him On Messenger (Photo) / Daycare Centres, Primary Schools Remain Closed – Sani Aliyu, PTF Coordinator / Unic Vilos Montessori School Teacher Arrested For Abusing A Toddler In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.