Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Please Help My English Is Very Bad - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help My English Is Very Bad (34554 Views)

My Inability To Speak Fluent English Is Costing Me Huge Opportunities. / 21 Reasons Why English Is Difficult To Learn / Please How Can I Improve In My English Speaking. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by hustla(m): 12:14pm On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?
I dnt have confidence speaking good English always Craming what to say?

Please help me.

Do exactly they have told you on the first page of this thread... then go on ieltsliz.com, and practice what you see on there

You can also buy brighter grammar and then learn sentence construction and the likes

Ma fo, English is not your mother tongue, be confident in yourself and you will get better with time
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by zedman1(m): 12:14pm On May 26, 2020
Iamvetlander:
I'm on this table, my problem is that I read too fast and I'll end up not understanding too well. I try my best to read slow, but it's not working. Help a brother my people.

I have self esteem issue.
I need help

You're not alone. In addition to yours, mine is that I write better than I speak, then speak perfectly in my mind and with some persons too, whereas with some others I feel like my tongue is glued to my jaw- I hardly can say more than two words without my brain going blank. I'm getting better with age though.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Kingrefreshed: 12:21pm On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?

Please help me.

My friend wake up! This is nigeria! Nobody care about your English.

Who English epp?
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Drizzy5001(m): 12:23pm On May 26, 2020
English is not your mother tongue, na borrow we borrow am undecided even oyibo people sef how many of them are bothered about learning our own language.
#i can not kill me sef abeg undecided

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:25pm On May 26, 2020
olancho:
Watch children cartoon and don't be afraid to speak if you make mistakes you will be corrected and don't pick offense when you are corrected.

You're very correct, one of the fastest way, in addition, this medium also tends make one look and appear smart with time.

Take note @ Takeit2017
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by hakeem4(m): 12:32pm On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?

Please help me.
The best way you can go about this is to read books. Or try watching this funny old sitcom Mind your language: it is a bout foreigners who came to england and they needed to learn how to speak english. I believe it would help you
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by MicaiahOgorry06: 12:41pm On May 26, 2020
God will help you. Meanwhile, if you know of someone that knows how to speak English very well, go meet the person and arrange with the person that you really want to know how to speak good English. Don't feel shy at all...by telling the person you want it in the form of interaction kind of and that once you make any mistake, you should be corrected immediately and also guided on how to say it next time.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by MansoryMX(m): 12:43pm On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?

Please help me.

See this one, abeg call Funke let her feature you in “Jennifer’s Diary” and make money with what you have.

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Avast(m): 12:46pm On May 26, 2020
Ladylite:
I can teach you
Free or paid
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by OCTAVO: 12:47pm On May 26, 2020
Understand English, don't cram English.
Good luck.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Olarewaju89: 12:54pm On May 26, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

I can taught you English. I spoke it fluently in an unrelated ways. grin

My guy your best bet is to be among English speakers. A place where you will speak less your mother tongue. I saw many saying read books. You learn to speak a language fluently by speaking it everyday not by reading it everyday.

Reading books doesn't make a language fluent it only gives you insight to using your tenses right which of course is part of the learning process.
But, if speaking it fluently is what you want? Be around English speakers. Its that simple.

Do you know there are lots of people who speak English fluently and can't write it down. You won't know until they need to pen something down.

Why do they speak and cant write? Probably they were born around English speakers.

Do you know that in the 70s and 80s an Igbo child would speak English fluently first before a Yoruba boy. Why?
Because they learn how to speak pidgin right from childhood. And as they grow older, they only need to restructure their tenses and grammar to conform with proper English.
But thanks to civilization, everyone speaks English to their kids from birth now so, it makes English speaking easy for the kids of nowadays. Although many of them perform poorly in written English.

In short, find English speaking friends and speak it with them and don't mind the shame of making mistakes. Its only for a while and you will get over it.

Remain Blessed

You sound as if you want to confuse the Op at the start. grin

Good advice, nice job.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by ogene144(m): 12:57pm On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me? I dnt have confidence speaking good English always Craming what to say?
Please help me.
enrol for adult Education @Erudite adult school u wil not remain as come....
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Neville660: 1:01pm On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?

Please help me.

Go and watch cartoon network or Discovery channel, or even American and British Drama.

But cartoon network is the best bet.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Iamvetlander(m): 1:02pm On May 26, 2020
zedman1:
You're not alone. In addition to yours, mine is that I write better than I speak, then speak perfectly in my mind and with some persons too, whereas with some others I feel like my tongue is glued to my jaw- I hardly can say more than two words without my brain going blank. I'm getting better with age though.

Omg the exact same way here. I try to engage myself in conversations, but I'll just keep quite...its very annoying

1 Like

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Ebios(m): 1:05pm On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?

Please help me.
l studied English and l will help out. So call 07035095205 for online teaching on fb.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by suremossty(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2020
Ebenezer2O2O:
You must be a Northerner or maybe an IPOB from Anambra cos these two sets of people have severe challenges speaking good English
who speaks good english than sanusi lamido in ur shithole village
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by suremossty(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2020
zedman1:
This is my pure definition

1 Like

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Kseafresh: 1:21pm On May 26, 2020
Ladylite:
I can teach you
Teach me too grin
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by oyatainer(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2020
mbanefoeze:
I am scholar I will just tell you not to really worry ..
English is just a language..
Call me on WhatsApp ..
I will settle as ur tutor
Yours that is not even spoken is bad. There ìs possibility that the op is better than you, tutor going by what you typed here.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by paix(m): 1:25pm On May 26, 2020
I think you're suffering from inferiority complex, and you're easily intimidated by those who can speak good English.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 26, 2020
[quote author=Onebyonedead post=89973589]Make money [/quote

Daft and Stupid answer
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 26, 2020
Olarewaju89:

You sound as if you want to confuse the Op at the start. grin

Good advice, nice job.

grin Just catching fun bro.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by forlexxy(m): 1:28pm On May 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by blakkydikky(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2020
[quote author=Takeit2017 post=89969786]God why? Why me?

Please help me........ Find any english book and be reading it aloud.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by rimijoshua(m): 1:39pm On May 26, 2020
You can control it spiritually. Take spiritual measures before you go for any tutorial. Take this prayer point,say it louder- Satanic manipulations assigned to tamper with my intelligence,die.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by rimijoshua(m): 1:39pm On May 26, 2020
You can control it spiritually. Take spiritual measures before you go for any tutorial. Take this prayer point,say it louder- Satanic manipulations assigned to tamper with my intelligence,die.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 26, 2020
Join Preply.com

And I will help you for free
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by rimijoshua(m): 1:41pm On May 26, 2020
forlexxy:
Read books and make very good use of YouTube.. YouTube is better.. I used a year to learn British accent there.. My before and after is mind blowing
you can lie.
I believe you.
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by Bryan88(m): 1:43pm On May 26, 2020
Ladylite:
I can teach you
mine is bad too... grin
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:44pm On May 26, 2020
When you watch Jennifer series you will know how to speak good English cheesy
Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by TheBeat: 1:44pm On May 26, 2020
You have two problems, first is "good English" and second one is "confidence".
Confidence, although could be mastered by reading and copying, is an inborn trait. Confident people do not really care if they speak correctly and fluently. They do not pay attention to details or care less of what you make out of their grammatical errors.

Reading books, speaking English with friends and family, listening to podcasts and all that are good but they won't get you the right foundation you need to become better. To rephrase this, they are the secondary thing to be done in your quest to master English grammar. Take mathematics for example, those multiplication tables we read in primary schools are the core ingredients one needs to excel in the subject. You want to master calculus yet you don't know what 2 raised to power 0,1,2,3 is. My teacher will direct you to the foundation (drawing board as he calls it)

For me, who I call a good English user is one that knows tenses. What is the point in reading novels to know the meaning of "pragmatic" when you still say I DIDN'T SAW you? So my advice is to pick up foundation books to read about words and opposite, singular and plurals, subject-verb agreement, tenses etc. Do not worry about how slow or how uncommon it sounds in your mind. Gradually you can build on each progress you make. Then you move to the next advanced stage of fluency, vocabulary etc by reading, writing, listening and speaking more often.

On confidence, knowledge gives you confidence. Conquering the first part, grammar will come with a certain degree of confidence. Secondly, there are great books on how you can take it higher. The level of confidence you can achieve will be determined by many factors: your temperament, your eagerness to become confident and how much you commit into being confident.....man is a creator and has the ability to recreate his world even if he wasn't born with that trait. Just be consistent and you will surprise your friends and yourself!

3 Likes

Re: Please Help My English Is Very Bad by bigl: 1:45pm On May 26, 2020
Takeit2017:
God why? Why me?

Please help me.

Eeya, its quite simple to fix!

Buy this books: Brighter Grammar 1, 2 and 3. Shouldn't be more than N700 each!

Within few months of reading, you will learn to speak correctly and that, will boost your confidence!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Vice-Principal Calls Out Student Who ‘Disrespected’ Him On Messenger (Photo) / Daycare Centres, Primary Schools Remain Closed – Sani Aliyu, PTF Coordinator / Unic Vilos Montessori School Teacher Arrested For Abusing A Toddler In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.