Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,789 members, 7,837,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? (2324 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Being Handsome / Have You Ever Been Single For So Long That You Decided To Do This? (PICTURES) / One Main Reason Why Many Will Remain Single For A Very Long Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by missimelda01(f): 2:05pm On May 27, 2020
Aside loneliness, are there other reasonable disadvantages of being single for a long time?

I have a friend who has never being in a relationship, she's about 25 and sometimes she acts like she has some psychological issues, when it's just us we can gist well but when other people are around she just goes 100% quiet (trust me it's really bad).. I'm like her only friend, I've encouraged her to get a boyfriend, maybe it'll help but she doesn't even know how to keep a guy interested in her for long. I worry about her seriously.

Modified
She opened up to me about feeling extremely lonely even when she's with people, she thinks she has psychological issues and I really don't know how else to help, I thought getting into a relationship might help her.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Davash222(m): 2:06pm On May 27, 2020
OP, nothing is wrong with your friend. Worry about yourself. You have a residence boyfriend now no mean say you go marry before her, besides, that your boyfriend fit pierce your heart tomorrow, and you'll still come here and be telling us Men are scum.

9 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Millenniumlady(f): 2:10pm On May 27, 2020
If she must date then she should go for a well behave guy with manners someone whose kind and respectful

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Andali(m): 2:11pm On May 27, 2020
.....hmmn
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Millenniumlady(f): 2:11pm On May 27, 2020
Davash222:
OP, nothing is wrong with your friend. Worry about yourself. You have a residence boyfriend now no mean say you go marry before her, besides, that your boyfriend fit pierce your heart tomorrow, and you'll still come here and be telling us Men are scum.
Shut up

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 27, 2020
For a guy their are lots of advantages.
No unnecessary spendings.
No unnecessary dramas.

18 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Davash222(m): 2:11pm On May 27, 2020
As a guy, it's more noble to be single than to be in a relationship with a Nigerian girl.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Andali(m): 2:12pm On May 27, 2020
missimelda01:
Aside loneliness, are there other reasonable disadvantages of being single for a long time?

I have a friend who has never being in a relationship, she's about 25 and sometimes she acts like she has some psychological issues, when it's just us we can gist well but when other people are around she just goes 100% quiet (trust me it's really bad).. I'm like her only friend, I've encouraged her to get a boyfriend, maybe it'll help but she doesn't even know how to keep a guy interested in her for long. I worry about her seriously.
Well...does she wana b in a relationship in d first place? she seems like dat babe dat wud prefer to b indoors all day...she has to step out & mingle

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Davash222(m): 2:13pm On May 27, 2020
Millenniumlady:
If she must date then she should go for a well behave guy with manners someone whose kind and respectful
You forgot to add Money, ancient lady.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Ningen(m): 2:13pm On May 27, 2020
Relationship isn't like a career.
There are no disadvantages really.

About loneliness, it hardly counts.
You can be in a relationship and still be lonely.

21 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 27, 2020
missimelda01:

DM me her digits.. I need to ask some few questions tongue

1 Like

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by missimelda01(f): 2:14pm On May 27, 2020
Davash222:

Why do you worry so much about me? I see you here and there making unnecessary comments just to gain attention, don't do it with me.
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Fidelismaria: 2:14pm On May 27, 2020

She's definitely an introverted introvert

grin grin

No be by force to get partner

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Davash222(m): 2:16pm On May 27, 2020
missimelda01:

Why do you worry so much about me? I see you here and there making unnecessary comments just to gain attention, don't do it with me.
I don't even know you.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Peppermintflav: 2:17pm On May 27, 2020
missimelda01:

Tell her to meet me at Costain by 9pm, i want to tell her something.
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by missimelda01(f): 2:19pm On May 27, 2020
Andali:

Well...does she wana b in a relationship in d first place? she seems like dat babe dat wud prefer to b indoors all day...she has to step out & mingle
When we go out, she read books on her phone instead of enjoying the view and mingling with people.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Peppermintflav: 2:20pm On May 27, 2020
missimelda01:

These are all symptoms exhibited by virgins. She needs a man to do the needful in her life.
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by xendra: 2:21pm On May 27, 2020
leave her alone, everybody is not the same and doesn't have to be.

having a BF may even further damage her if she forces herself into it before she is ready, age is not a yardstick.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by illicit(m): 2:23pm On May 27, 2020
I have been single for a while now.

No biggies.

Girls on my street now be smiling when I pass

1 Like

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by JOACHINpedro: 2:23pm On May 27, 2020
As a Guy, the disadvantage is that you will live longer cry

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by xendra: 2:24pm On May 27, 2020
Peppermintflav:

These are all symptoms exhibited by virgins. She needs a man to do the needful in her life.
what about symptoms of those who have been sexually abused would you know? OVERSABI

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 27, 2020
Abeg free the bae, wen its time to get married, she'll marry one of d best men in d world dat will value her.

How its gonna happen? U'l b marvelled.

Is her case not better than jumping from one man to d other? its also far better than bn in an unhappy relationship.

Anyone can b single and happy just dat most ppl dont realize dis till their hearts have bn broken to pieces.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by mrblessed(m): 2:29pm On May 27, 2020
Seriously? You mean it? I am worried about her, too. No, we, that is, you and I, are more worried about her.
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Petyprincess(f): 2:32pm On May 27, 2020
No disadvantages at all! She needs to concentrate more on her well-being, the way some ladies carry guys matter for head sometimes tire me lipsrsealed
No lady should stress herself over a guy not to talk of Nigerian guys undecided trust me it doesn't worth the stress!!

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by missimelda01(f): 3:01pm On May 27, 2020
sherylbakky:
Abeg free the bae, wen its time to get married, she'll marry one of d best men in d world dat will value her.

How its gonna happen? U'l b marvelled.

Is her case not better than jumping from one man to d other? its also far better than bn in an unhappy relationship.

Anyone can b single and happy just dat most ppl dont realize dis till their hearts have bn broken to pieces.

This isn't about marriage, this is about her psychological wellness.
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 27, 2020
missimelda01:

This isn't about marriage, this is about her psychological wellness.
Nothing is wrong with her pschologically aunty, boyfriend is not air, food or water.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by missimelda01(f): 3:08pm On May 27, 2020
sherylbakky:
Nothing is wrong with her pschologically aunty, boyfriend is not air, food or water.
Having a companion is necessary, that's why God created Eve.. we all need someone, the bolded is out of context.
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by MadeINchenzen2: 3:13pm On May 27, 2020
There are no disadvantages or regrets only freedom and enjoyment.

mark my word. It pays to be single. when a person gets hórny, read the bible or Qurán grin

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 27, 2020
missimelda01:

Having a companion is necessary, that's why God created Eve.. we all need someone, the bolded is out of context.
She has many companions 4 now aunty (Family n friends) n wen it gets to d level of dis example u gave, she'll definitely have, dat's y I brought marriage in at first.

And its better to ask what u dont know aunty, if u'v ever heard of Anorexia and others, u'l know what i mean wen i said food n water are things that can contribute to her psychological wellbeing n that's wen anyone sud b bothered.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Freelane33(m): 3:28pm On May 27, 2020
Singlehood no get disadvantages ooo . Infact singlehood is the best if you know you way around grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. But we can’t be single forever cool. Procreations calling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Dannyfan(m): 3:28pm On May 27, 2020
Did you think her solution is getting a boyfriend? Or she said she needed one?
Does she has hatred toward man? Was she sexually abused? She doesn't has someone asking her out?
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Raptor2cool: 4:26pm On May 27, 2020
From her behavior it seems she's an introvert.
let her be.
For me I would tell her to accept her behavior and find what she's good at maybe sport, reading, music or even gaming.
we introvert can't handle relationship issues trust me

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies : Can You Pay For A Guys Transport Fare ? / Stay Single And Give Birth To Children, Ifu Ennada Advises Girls / Why Do Ladies Demand for Sex Before Helping A Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.