Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network (13336 Views)

Cartoon Network. / Name The Worst Cartoon Ever / Fantastic Four On Cartoon Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by Ralvy(m): 10:57am On Nov 03, 2007
Thanks for doing so grin
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by AXSOLID: 7:46pm On Nov 20, 2007
[b][/b]Yo. I am a 3d graphic designer. Been for about 3 years. Aint done too much cos of school and all. The idea for a nigerian cartoon station is tight. U gatta handle issues well to come out on top. U first need to infiltrate the current children entertainment industry. finding a sponsor such as manufacturer is also a bright idea. cos u gatta pay for slots on the t.v. What kids is watching these days is too full of morality and they are teaching them to act too grown up. that's just wrong. I also feel the pain of kids when they always ask their parents for cartoon network. T.v. stations should wake up. Kids don't want interviews with successfull people. they want to see the cat kill that mouse. Now i'm not saying we have to copy but we need to do things for ourselves. So, like others have said, one needs to get artists together who are willing to sacrifice something, or put in some effort. get out a cartoon series. look for a suitable station, air just like soundcity and bammmm! u have ur market. and please try to leave excessive morality out of the toons like superbook. i think it's just trash.
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by samir101ng(m): 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2007
@ original poster

u guys are putting the cart before the horse.

look at the local tv stations like Ait, Silverbirdtv, minaj and the rest trying to survive including even the satellite tv operators like Hi-tv and you are

talking about a nigerian cartoon network. The rest are struggling to survive despite the fact that they appeal to a broader audience and broadcast

general purpose tv to the public.

Until the above mentioned tv stations become popular, stable and powerful, the chances of a nigerian cartoon network starting up and

surviving is ZERO, nada, babu.

Shikena.
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Nov 20, 2007
samir101ng:

@ original poster

u guys are putting the cart before the horse.

look at the local tv stations like Ait, Silverbirdtv, minaj and the rest trying to survive including even the satellite tv operators like Hi-tv and you are

talking about a nigerian cartoon network. The rest are struggling to survive despite the fact that they appeal to a broader audience and broadcast

general purpose tv to the public.

Until the above mentioned tv stations become popular, stable and powerful, the chances of a nigerian cartoon network starting up and

surviving is ZERO, nada, babu.

Shikena.

This is where I like how poeple in the western world think and approach issues. Samir, Do you not think that the fact that these others you mentioned are struggling DOES NOT MEAN That all others will fail

If we look at the reasons why the others are not doing well and come up with solutions to place us ahead of them by addressing those issues, do you not think that will not only place the new network ahead but also force the existing ones to rethink their strategy and boost the industry in many ways
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by samir101ng(m): 9:18pm On Nov 20, 2007
@ Kobojunkie

sorry, but it seems you are misunderstanding me.

Let me rephrase.

What am trying to say is that first and foremost we are living in nigeria. you know as well as i do that western tactics do not work here at all.

Secondly, i applaud the fact that these stations are here and rivalling the monopoloy of the Nta and Dstv.

but still with all their efforts it has not been easy.

An example i can give you is that apart from Ait, the rest of these stations are not seen in the nothern part of the country.

Also, the cartoon industry is entirely unique and targets a different audience entirely.

Thirdly, a nigerian man will always expect returns on his investment. no one will invest in a shaky venture.

Fourthly, do we have a target market that can we can concretely say that we can take the risk to satify ?

Finally, in my own humble opinion, a football channel like supersport 3 has a greater chance of surviving than a cartoon channel.

C ya.
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by samir101ng(m): 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2007
so sad really.
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by OpeLovely(f): 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2008
What happened to the Nigerian Sesame Street?

Before such a network can come to fruition, they should invite professionals and stakeholders. But will the kids accept this since they are hooked to Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Video Games and other ''cool'' stuffs the Western world has to offer which makes our local content like Kali and Tewa show look like jokers.
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by Kobojunkie: 1:42pm On Feb 19, 2008
OpeLovely:

What happened to the Nigerian Sesame Street?

Before such a network can come to fruition, they should invite professionals and stakeholders. But will the kids accept this since they are hooked to Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Video Games and other ''cool'' stuffs the Western world has to offer which makes our local content like Kali and Tewa show look like jokers.

A couple of years ago, there was no boomerang, now we have boomerang, Nickelodean 1 and 2, Nogin, Sprout, Disney 1 and 2, Nicktoons, DisneyKids, Telemundo, Qubo and more coming. Many of these came in even with all the competition. Telemundo happens to supply more Spanish toons than it does English and how has it worked so far, they are all doing great. I believe there are some Chinese cartoon networks in the works too. Nothing Stops a Nigerian or African Cartoon network from joining the pack.
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by dappsy001(m): 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2008
Hey guys theres this new ent company coming up its called PROMINENT CEASE ENTERTAINMENT they are bringing out a Nigeria series thats called DCOMEBACK and its shot over in America you can check www.prominentcease.com to see what they do. at last Nigerians can be extremly proud of their ent.please lets all support them their stuff is sick and high quality
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by topetall(f): 10:58am On May 28, 2009
so how is it going to be
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by kodewrita(m): 11:49am On Jun 25, 2010
@topetall I believe conditions are different with HiTV and all. Whats up with this idea? discouraged already? dont give up your dream that easy bro. Find a way or Make one. Hoping to hear about u someday.
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by PROJECT: 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2010
tope give me ur emil and i will share somethings with u ,i am currently working on something that i think u can benefit from , if u can script then u dont have a problem
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by Kmaster2010(m): 10:54pm On Oct 28, 2011
Wow, that is a very nice ideal, All we need now are sponsor
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by andre12: 4:44am On Nov 01, 2012
Hello all
If you are into animation or have interest to learn about animation, kindly get in touch with me. I am looking for a talented Nigerians to join me. I am in South Africa at the moment.
Re: Nigerian's Own Cartoon Network by naijacartoon: 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
It is so true that we become what we think. If Nollywood is still relevant to the entertainment scene, i see no reason while animated movies should be rediculed this manner, am optimistic that Nigerians are equal to this challenge as most are developing animated short and pilots to sharpen their animation skills. Do you know that a full feature 2d film takes not less than 3yrs to be completed with a large team size? What we need is standardization, support and the will power for Nigerian animator to put up heads together and do real thing apart from gags, comedy and short film, untill then, we will not get our pieces together like dreamworks, warnerbros, waltdisney, pixar, ghili etc...but one day, we will get to that level.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic / My Short Drama Script- Pls Criticise! / Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.