Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS (54862 Views)

Man Sleeping On ATM At Immigration Office Ikoyi (Photo) / 12 Types Of People You Meet On ATM Queue / How Banks Exploit Cbn's Weakness To Impose Excessive Charges On ATM Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by onward4life(m): 4:14pm On May 29, 2020
Yoruba people sef

Is like Igbo ppo actually get sense pass una

Or even namdi Kano!

I don dey shame for una

Devil supporters

Na my foolish south south wey dey like una food
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by Centcanada: 4:17pm On May 29, 2020
Am waiting for those APC and Yoruba's wicked media and satanic fools to comment. Una see una lives? E don set ooo! My happiness is that as e day pain me, e day pain you as you day support evil. GEJ said it that a time will come and we will Remember him. Are we not remembering him now? Yoruba's and Fulani's said Igbo man na their problem. So this very scenario, who is una problem? It done on u all soon!
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by nri4chop(f): 4:19pm On May 29, 2020
I got debited #50 9 times for FGN stamp duty, wen I didn't print out any receipt, I just did transfers.
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by Enyimbamercedes: 4:19pm On May 29, 2020
Broke country!

Soon they will put stamp duty of POS transaction receipt!!

This is diversification of the economy by imposing silly taxes?
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by classicfrank4u(m): 4:21pm On May 29, 2020
Do ATM's still give receipts sef? Because for the past few years now I have not any
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by cruz419(m): 4:21pm On May 29, 2020
i just laugh in Greek because na kolo we go soon dey use ooo i tire 4 all dis rubbish oo haba....
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by Lastmankc(m): 4:22pm On May 29, 2020
israelmao:
When ATM gives me options of Yes and No for the printout I briskly hit 'No' option without thinking twice.Why would you still take stamp duty after overburden us with debts?
They will make the option for the print out to be compulsory now

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by unikwa: 4:33pm On May 29, 2020
A new outrageous policy is instituted. Everybody grumbles for a few days, and that is the end of it. Until the next policy again.
That does not work.

A lasting solution is required. In the next election, opt to elect people with good ideas on how to run an economy.

APC/PDP have the same policies, and they don't work.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by DModeCntStopMe: 4:34pm On May 29, 2020
For how long are we going to continue lamenting, complaining, wailing and gnashing of teeth, yet no meaningful changes.

We'd all sit here, and watch this evil policy kick off without resistance.

Nigerian youths wake up, it's time to restrategize. Enough is enough o

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by dadasupremacy(m): 4:36pm On May 29, 2020
it shall not be well with whoever voted buhari second time
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by leokid866: 4:36pm On May 29, 2020
I mean even Mark hasn't found a way to charge for messages so I wonder how the Nigerian government wants to do it.
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by DModeCntStopMe: 4:42pm On May 29, 2020
Wolgrace:

In full support. Who is championing it?

I'm behind you bro..

Enough is enough

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by ykalhaji(m): 4:43pm On May 29, 2020
I guess this means the banks will stop collecting stamp duties on behalf of the Government or what ? To everyone up in arms, it is still the same process, just that FIRS wants to be able to document how many stamp duties the banks are collecting to compare with what they are actually remitting. You already pay stamp duties for all payment above 10k so they want to use your receipt of payments to match their record of remittances. So they are giving the citizens the onerous job of documenting and accrediting payments so they can match with what the banks are bringing in.
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by lastpage: 4:43pm On May 29, 2020
Sonoyom:
Buhari and his 40 thieves on the beat.

When a Govt becomes extremely incompetent, it resorts to harrssing it citizens and acting like the wicked Pharaoh.
Buhari should also charge VAT, Stamp Duty and Corporate on FaceBook and each Cup of Rice Nigerians Cook. grin grin
Ekuke Govt.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by israelmao(m): 4:44pm On May 29, 2020
Lastmankc:
They will make the option for the print out to be compulsory now
They can't make you to have a printout if you don't want it.
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by DModeCntStopMe: 4:44pm On May 29, 2020
coputa:
you are going too far,be careful,

Pls stop this, if you ain't interested back off.

You are not living either are you dying. Which one you dey?
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 29, 2020
Fuk Nigeria and fuk Nigerian the people as a whole
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 29, 2020
Fuk Nigeria and fuk the Nigerian people as a whole.
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by lastpage: 4:48pm On May 29, 2020
unikwa:
A new outrageous policy is instituted. Everybody grumbles for a few days, and that is the end of it. Until the next policy again.
That does not work.

A lasting solution is required. In the next election, opt to elect people with good ideas on how to run an economy.

APC/PDP have the same policies, and they don't work.

Nigerians generally, are too basic in mentality, to work together for a united, positive purposes!
They would rather vote on tribal lines, (Ipob Vs. Afonja Vs. Herdsmen), on Religion (MURIC Vs. CAN) or on the Highest Bidder (Sachet of Chelsea Vs. #1,000). grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by lastpage: 4:52pm On May 29, 2020
PoshBoss007:
Who go help us settle this matter now ehn? These guys are borrowing our future and also wrecking us. Why can't they all take a fucking pay cut?

This "Govt of Integrity" borrows money from China, use our land and Mineral Resources as Collateral and then loots 99% of the borrowed funds, goes back to borrow even more. undecided

This is what the Govt of Zero Corruption has become, within five years!
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by quiteboy(m): 4:59pm On May 29, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin next level really dey game. What more can I say
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by Ayobamipeter36: 5:02pm On May 29, 2020
haba firs na every thing na want collect money for even if person peace na go collect money...
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by OpinionCounts(m): 5:03pm On May 29, 2020
Buhari indeed came for only one mission, to steal, kill and destroy all that is left of Nigeria to the benefit of himself and his fellow jihadist comrades, but the Almighty God will put all his useless and satanic plans to shame to the benefit of all well meaning Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by emimore: 5:04pm On May 29, 2020
Certified unending one-chance.. Sorry for Nigeria
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by jasibor(m): 5:04pm On May 29, 2020
Noted....but get ready to make tax refunds from all these charges
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by VULCAN(m): 5:13pm On May 29, 2020
What level of cowardice is this. The guy didn't call your name and you are chickening out on his behalf.

You are the reason why Nigeria can't get better. The rulers know that Nigerians are made up mostly of people like yourself so they keep in inflicting pains on the people.

In developed countries the people protest for ridiculous things and when they reach critical mass the govt begins to shake

coputa:
you are going too far,be careful,
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by roscoman: 5:14pm On May 29, 2020
Well I am not surprised. I said it that Muhammad Buhari would put more hardship on Nigerians most especially the common man in the street.

In 2015 and 2019 is it not common man that voted massively for PMB / APC ?.

But I warned you guys that he has absolutely nothing to offer this country than to make name and also put Nigeria and Nigerians into more problems and hardship.

This is a government that can't give common man ordinary #5k during COVID 19 total lockdown for more than two months despite the huge billions of Abacha loots recovered and aids from AU, EU, Commonwealth and individuals donations to Nigeria to quench the effect of COVID 19 pandemic.

Is it not same government that is now imposing taxes on whatsapp messages, SMS, pos print out, ATM print out e.t.c.?.

Whereas I can assure Nigerians that this is just the beginning more are still coming. If you guys like still go ahead an votes blindfoldedly with religion, tribalism, e.t.c you would still have same result in 2023.

Some people can't reasons with reality of life, I remembered during 2015 electionaring campaigns all these Oshiomole, Tinubu, Oshibajo was busy deceiving Nigerians that Muhammad Buhari is a.saint, is the best, an angel that would washed Nigeria clean, he doesn't have money, he would equate USD with Naira, under six months, jobs would be available to more than 3 Million Nigerians.

I told you guys in this forum Muhammad Buhari doesn't have money but all his children was busy schooling in one of the best universities in United Kingdom.

How much is 1 USD to Naira today ?. Now out of all non implemented manifestos APC programs was done at least 35% since 2015 ?. Sometimes when I remembered how APC / PMB was deceiving Nigerians, I weep. i rest my case here.
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 29, 2020
Buhari and the coat of many lies
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by 9japride(m): 5:15pm On May 29, 2020
Oluwasaeon:
But one 43 year old man with 3 starving children will come to nairaland.com to tell us Buhari is the best we've had.
[color=#006600][/color]

Don't mind those irresponsible people. Politics has fried their brains. Buhari and he's family are enjoying themselves and same with children of those top politicians and oil muguls. Who post their father's wealth online and someone who is given peanuts will come online to support mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by Ajixegun: 5:22pm On May 29, 2020
Because they have access to bank accounts is the main reason they are now coming up with useless taxes.
Well, let's Nigerians be planning on how to switch from WhatsApp to other messengers.
Re: Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS by Sonoyom(m): 5:29pm On May 29, 2020
lastpage:

When a Govt becomes extremely incompetent, it resorts to harrssing it citizens and acting like the wicked Pharaoh.
Buhari should also charge VAT, Stamp Duty and Corporate on FaceBook and each Cup of Rice Nigerians Cook. grin grin
Ekuke Govt.
He will definitely tax the masses because he can't put his brain to work for obvious reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times / Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO / Founder Of Peace Mass Transport Eating At A Road Side Buka.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.