Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:09 AM

Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES (5425 Views)

Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge October 2021: Pictures / Updates On The Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- Pictures / Update: Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by Scout60(m): 10:14am On May 30, 2020
a
Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by Nobody: 10:54am On May 30, 2020
President Buhari, the best President in the history of Nigeria.

God Bless President Buhari
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

For info: It is MUHAMMADU BUHARI BRIDGE

2 Likes

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by omonnakoda: 10:55am On May 30, 2020
dangermouse:
Good one. Buhari will leave a legacy to be remembered if this bridge and the attendant dredging of the river is finished during his tenure.
Attendant dredging?
Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by Nobody: 10:57am On May 30, 2020
SLAP44:
Jonathan Goodluck really tried.

Shame no catch you

2 Likes

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by T9ksy(m): 11:22am On May 30, 2020
SLAP44:
Jonathan Goodluck really tried.

yeah, Jonathan aka mr. "Stealing is not corruption" really tried but as per his words, he should be in exile now.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by SLAP44: 11:24am On May 30, 2020
T9ksy:

yeah, Jonathan aka mr. "Stealing is not corruption" really tried but as per his words, he should be in exile now.

Jonathan is a much better president than Buharri will ever be, even if given another 8 years.

1 Like

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by dangermouse(m): 12:00pm On May 30, 2020
omonnakoda:

Attendant dredging?
. They need to dredge it to enable larger vessels navigate the now shallow waters.
Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by senatordave1(m): 12:13pm On May 30, 2020
Up buhari.if he completes the bridge before 2023,50% of igbos will join apc.they will not have any reason to side with pdp again

1 Like

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by kayfra: 12:17pm On May 30, 2020
dangermouse:
Good one. Buhari will leave a legacy to be remembered if this bridge and the attendant dredging of the river is finished during his tenure.
Nobody is dredging any river

2 Likes

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by dangermouse(m): 12:26pm On May 30, 2020
kayfra:
Nobody is dredging any river
Reason(s)?
Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by omonnakoda: 12:40pm On May 30, 2020
dangermouse:
. They need to dredge it to enable larger vessels navigate the now shallow waters.
I don't think that is necessary
Why not develop ports in Bayelsa, Rivers Akwa Ibom or Cross River and then a dry port by rail.

From the perspective of Bayelsa or Rivers ir sounds like a very selfish idea
1. It would deny them Port opportunity but also
2. The environmental impact of dredging would be borne by them in terms of flooding ,loss of fishing livelihood etc
Think not just of Onitsha but others as well. Why should Onitsha be treated differently from Lokoja,Kebbi Kainji?
Dredging is not a one time thing,it would have to be topped up regularly

I think all those advocating dredging think quite selfishly of their importing business to Onitsha, Onitsha is not the only place on the Niger why not dredge all the way to Kebbi state and along the course of the Benue River. It is a poor vision that sees Nigeria importing for ever.We want to manufacture too

Nigeria cannot import for ever

1 Like

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by michaelogenyi: 12:44pm On May 30, 2020
Ok good development

1 Like

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by EzeNdiAra: 12:44pm On May 30, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
[s]Update from Onitsha 2nd Niger bridge. 2nd Niger bridge is a single biggest infrastructure in Nigeria since 1999.

There's also other infrastructures that are connected to the 2nd Niger bridge like the Obosi cloverleaf interchange and Atani road overpass.

This single infrastructure will expand and advance SE region particularly the city of Onitsha economically as the economic hub of the region.

I am not interested in PDP or APC or APGA or YPP, my interest getting the job done for good, development and advancement of Anambra.
[/s]

Stop lying
2nd Niger bridge is not in top 10 biggest project in Nigeria since 1999
Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by michaelogenyi: 12:48pm On May 30, 2020
omonnakoda:
Why not develop ports in Bayelsa, Rivers Akwa Ibom or Cross River and then a dry port by rail.

2. The environmental impact of dredging would be borne by them in terms of flooding ,loss of fishing livelihood etc
Think not just of Onitsha but others as well.

I think all those advocating dredging think quite selfishly of their importing business to Onitsha, Onitsha is not the only place on the Niger why not dredge all the way to Kebbi state and along the course of the Benue River. It is a poor vision that sees Nigeria importing for ever.We want to manufacture too

What this bitter one yapping a about. The ports are already in place at Onitsha, Warri, and up to Lokoja and Baru. FG developed those ports for use by businessmen. So it is already in place.

River Niger was dredged around 2012 and will be maintained again for ship passage once JB complete this bridge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by michaelogenyi: 12:49pm On May 30, 2020
EzeNdiAra:

Stop lying
2nd Niger bridge is not in top 10 biggest project in Nigeria since 1999

He is correct. Mention any bigger project in Nigeria than 2NB. It is also the most capital intensive since 1999

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by omonnakoda: 12:51pm On May 30, 2020
michaelogenyi:

What this one bitter one yapping a about. The ports are already in place at Onitsha, Warri, and up to Lokoja and Baru. FG developed those ports for use by businessmen. So it is already in place.

River Niger was dredged around 2012 and will be maintained again for ship passage once JB complete this bridge
They are for small vessels not ocean going ships.
Otherwise why talk of dredging
I don't know if PORT is the right description
River Niger was never dredged to the degree to allow the kinds of ships mentioned
Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by michaelogenyi: 12:54pm On May 30, 2020
omonnakoda:

They are for small vessels not ocean going ships.
Otherwise why talk of dredging
I don't know if PORT is the right description

Which other type of vessel do you want to pass there? Ocean vessels? It wasn't built for that purpose because of the natural channels.

Call it River PORT or ocean PORT, it is still a port, though the size is different. But they receive the same cargo.

Pictures: Onitsha PORT

1 Share

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by dangermouse(m): 12:54pm On May 30, 2020
omonnakoda:

Think not just of Onitsha but others as well.

I disagree. Lagos ports need 2 be decongested by opeaning up new ports. The economy stands to gain tremendously

1 Like

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by omonnakoda: 1:01pm On May 30, 2020
dangermouse:
I disagree. Lagos ports need 2 be decongested by opeaning up new ports. The economy stands to gain tremendously
What are you disagreeing with?

I agree ports should be opened in Bayelsa and Rivers Akwa Ibom Cross River . I said that .

Did you read before disagreeing?
So the way to decongestant Lagos is to dredge to Onitsha regardless of consequences?

Opening new ports has nothing to do with decongesting Lagos than is a non sequitur. Lagos ports are nowhere near capacity the problems are evacuation infrastructure like Lagos Ibadan Kano rail which would mean containers don't have to cleared at Lagos or transported on road.

So developing a port on the Eastern front with rail links to Borno etc is the way to go how does dredging to Onitsha help North east Nigeria?
Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by omonnakoda: 1:03pm On May 30, 2020
michaelogenyi:

Which other type of vessel do you want to pass there? Ocean vessels? It wasn't built for that purpose because of the natural channels.

Call it River PORT or ocean PORT, it is still a port, though the size is different. But they receive the same cargo.

Pictures: Onitsha PORT
Guy you just jump into a conversation rudely like an OMATA tout and start barking
Go back and read the original comment I responded to.
I don't have time for your brainless rants
Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by EzeNdiAra: 1:05pm On May 30, 2020
Cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by michaelogenyi: 1:05pm On May 30, 2020
omonnakoda:

Guy you just jump into a conversation rudely like an OMATA tout and start barking
Go back and read the original comment I responded to.
I don't have time for your brainless rants

I jumped in because you have kept spewing rubbish on this thread like a brainless agbo seller.

There's already a PORT in Onitsha, so stop talking rubbish as if you can sit on nairaland joblessly to change anything.
Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by omonnakoda: 1:07pm On May 30, 2020
michaelogenyi:

I jumped in because you have kept spewing rubbish on this thread like a brainless agbo seller.

There's already a PORT in Onitsha, so stop talking rubbish as if you can sit on nairaland joblessly to change anything.

Stay on your lane I am not interested in your OMATA opinions
Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by Afamed: 1:07pm On May 30, 2020
Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by Afamed: 1:08pm On May 30, 2020
EzeNdiAra:

Abuja-Kaduna rail project is bigger than 2nd Niger Bridge
What's exactly your point?

2 Likes

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by Afamed: 1:10pm On May 30, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Stop posting and reposting old pictures.

The bridge is only 20 something percent done.

It's never too late to repent.Thats the live video of second Niger bridge as all liars are bound to go to hell fire

https://www.facebook.com/110449427333507/posts/126882979023485/?sfnsn=scwspwa&extid=hRW6Uk90EHK8HN5r&d=w&vh=e

1 Like

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by Afamed: 1:12pm On May 30, 2020
yusluvad:
You got it right jare. They're just rerolling old pictures just to deceive gullible Nigerians that they are working...

The old man (Buhari) and his yeye team can lie for Africa and Asia...

It's not too late to repent.

https://www.facebook.com/110449427333507/posts/126882979023485/?sfnsn=scwspwa&extid=hRW6Uk90EHK8HN5r&d=w&vh=e

2 Likes

Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by Rodwave: 1:12pm On May 30, 2020
michaelogenyi:

Hahaha. He is truly a senseless agbo hawker
Re: Update On Onitsha 2nd Niger Bridge- PICTURES by omonnakoda: 1:20pm On May 30, 2020
michaelogenyi:
stay on your agbo thread, this is not an agbo thread where you should share your agbo opinion.

This is not an OMATA or Biafra website

What happened to Biafraland?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex Boyfriend Of New Wife Of Custom Boss Demand Money Spent During Their Relation / The Igbos Finally Humbles Buhari / Ebonyi Airport: Why Nigerian Airlines Refused To Fly To Ebonyi : Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.