Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? (7157 Views)

Photos; Yakubu Dogara Visits Atiku Abubakar To Celebrate His 69th Birthday / Jonathan Campaign Bus And Hilux Set On Fire At Suleja / IGP Mohamed Abubakar To Remarry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by confluence: 6:27am On Jan 20, 2011
Jonathan woos Atiku

A unified Presidential Campaign Committee is taking shape, possibly chaired by Atiku Abubakar, to map out the strategy on how to garner votes from the length and breadth of the country for Goodluck Jonathan’s run for President.

Both Atiku and Ibrahim Babangida disclosed on Sunday that they will not go to court over the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) primaries on January 13, where Jonathan won the Presidential ticket.

Sources in the party headquarters in Abuja said a unified campaign team and other election matters have been discussed by a caucus and other organs.

In this wise, the Campaign Organisations of Jonathan and Atiku, hitherto at loggerheads, may be collapsed into the Presidential Campaign Committee.

The leaders of the party are anxious to reconcile and repair all breaches caused by the primaries.

The move to draft Atiku to head the campaign was started by Jonathan himself, in conjunction with the PDP hierarchy and some Governors.

Jonathan has reached out to Atiku with a proposal to unify their forces, which will be headed by him, a major development as the party gears up  for the campaign proper.

http://independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=27437
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by Ijeleigbo(m): 7:07am On Jan 20, 2011
What a wise step! I'm impressed.
There is nothing greater than peace, love and co-operation.
If all the top dogs in PDP come together, Jonathan will defeat Ribadu and Buhari with a very wide margin.
Lack of peace and enemity cost Soludo the Anambra governorship position.
Its good GeJ realises the importance of peace and i hope Atiku complys.
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by Nsiman(m): 7:11am On Jan 20, 2011
The olive branch been extended to Atiku is a welcome dev'lpment, however i'm afraid for him heading the campaign train
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by Ijeleigbo(m): 7:28am On Jan 20, 2011
Whats your fear? Fear of being critiscized??
There little things we don't know. Atiku is a winner and not a looser!
He won the North concencus and was PDP presidential aspirant. He loosed to GEJ but he won trying thats the most important thing.
FEAR IS DEADLY THAN HIV AND MUST BE AVOIDED
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by McCoy91(m): 7:42am On Jan 20, 2011
ribadu for president :-d
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by chiozor: 7:46am On Jan 20, 2011
Atiku heading GEJ Campign train seems to me something is fishing undecided
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 20, 2011
This is some serious strategizing on the part of Jonathan sha. What a masterstroke - incorporating your enemy to strengthen your position.
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by ndcide(m): 10:39am On Jan 20, 2011
if u can't beat them, join them.
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by Bishopking: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2011
All these seem pre-arranged from the word go. The primary itself might be a drama- with the script well written in advance. Think about it!
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by blacksta(m): 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2011
Association of thieves

The only unity you will only find in Nigeria is " Unity amongst the" hence you have honour amongst criminals"
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by Gbawe: 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
ROSSIKE:

This is some serious strategizing on the part of Jonathan sha. What a masterstroke - incorporating your enemy to strengthen your position.

The best thing Atiku can do for the PDP is for him to fade into the background for now. There is no "masterstroke" , except in the Nigerian sense, for him to now head GEJ's campaign . It would make Jonathan seem more of a desperate appeasenik than he is viewed as already. Atiku would fare no better because he will be seen as insincere and unprincipled for heading the campaign of a man he says Nigeria "cannot trust" and should not vote for because "he has no political ideology". Atiku , ideally, should not work against Jonathan because they are from the same Party but I think events are too far gone for him to now work for Jonathan let alone head his campaign.
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by enohj2ee(m): 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2011
Hahahahah I d laugh Oh,
Where on earth can this happy? I think to head a campaign team is to preach for the person . Atiku can never accept to this. Uncle GEJ you better look for another way of talking to Akitu. mean while PDP is a fairlure. no matter how good is a building, the foundation and the cornerstone is the Pillar.

Vote for Buhari or Ribadu.
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by Hodaya(m): 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2011
If they don't work together, the party stands a higher chance of loosing the presidential election and so they both loose their various looting privileges,
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by blacksta(m): 2:32pm On Jan 20, 2011
Hodaya:

If they don't work together, the party stands a higher chance of loosing the presidential election and so they both loose their various looting privileges,

Would it not be better if these two destroy themselves rather than forcefully drag Nigeria along.
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by coolpapa: 2:48pm On Jan 20, 2011
Well Atiku have no choice. It is either he flow with the leading party or have his ass wiped out from the history of politics forever. wise move though
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by banom(m): 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
i DEY LAUGH

Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2011
So the person whom GEJ campaign team labelled a thief, Is now part of the the campaign?

Doesnt this show that GEJ is ganging up with thieves?
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2011
*** Guy all is politics
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by 9ijaMan: 7:07pm On Jan 20, 2011
if the story is true, I see no reason why anyone should be surprised.
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by teeewai(m): 7:11pm On Jan 20, 2011
tom and jerry game at the expense of nigerians,
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by aljharem2: 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2011
i am disappointed with Atiku angry

well, to foster unity, i support it undecided
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by ayusman16(m): 7:25pm On Jan 20, 2011
Our country's money going down d drain.
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by ReachRich(m): 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2011
Atiku can never head Jonathan's campaign train.Lets watch and see.
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by kpozite(m): 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2011
Atiku ! Atiku !
In 1999 he became Vice president via a PDP ticket.
In 2007 this man said that PDP is a monster and a corrupt party and said Nigerians should join him fight it.
2011, He came back and joined the acclaimed corrupt party which participated in forming, said Goodluck's govt is not efficient and that zoning must be adhered to.
Now what has he to tell us that will make us vote for GEJ. To me it is a mistake.
Nigerian politicians are senseless, myopic, and rarely think beyond today nor do they see beyond their noses. Atiku is a typical example
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by rasputinn(m): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2011
Atiku WILL NOT head GEJ campaign team
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by sulad82i(m): 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2011
Good move for the party cos this will really push them forward in the race against other contestants for the post, but still, I dont want pdp there anymore. We need fresh set of heads to lead the country with other ideas

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by pappy2000: 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2011
@ banon

na wao which kind laugh be this
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by sessy2(f): 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2011
Obama and clinton said so much abt themselves during their primaries obama won. clinton joind his campaighn
And today clinton is second of state. So wat d hell r u guys talkin abt?
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by Donmeca(m): 7:47pm On Jan 20, 2011
Making peace with Atiku and ultimately incorporating him into GEJ's plans is good but making him a member, let alone d head of GEJ campaign team will backfire. Their will be principle and integrity issues raised on both sides. . .Gbawe took a lot of words from my mouth on this. . .let me no repeat them.

Ijele-igbo:

Lack of peace and enemity cost Soludo the Anambra governorship position.

Soludo was never good enough for Anambra governorship (structure- and campaign-wise). . .just like people saying Ribadu 2011, let's let that one rest
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by lovejo(m): 7:48pm On Jan 20, 2011
This is what Atiku demanded if you don't know:

1. 50 Billion naira plus profit on it as what he spend for primaries.
2. To Nominate 10 Ministers.

I hope GEJ do  not succumb to his demand.

I heard this from a reliable from Northern Caucuses.
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by babaowo: 7:57pm On Jan 20, 2011
i still dey laugh ooo
Re: Atiku Abubakar to head Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Committee? by tlops(m): 7:57pm On Jan 20, 2011
lovejo:

This is what Atiku demanded if you don't know:

1. 50 Billion naira plus profit on it as what he spend for primaries.
2. To Nominate 10 Ministers.

I hope GEJ do  not succumb to his demand.

I heard this from a reliable from Northern Caucuses.

^^^^Ï guess you are joking! anyway the only reason GEJ will Incorporate Atiku is to compensate him, and to allow him embezzle all the campaign money, haha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okorocha Calls For Creation Of More States In South-east To Honour Ojukwu / EFCC Dumps Lawan Committee Report / Jega Admits Flaws In Ondo Guber Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.