Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe (2656 Views)

Ahmed Zainab: Nigerians Should Expect Modest Increases In Taxes And Levies / Only 10 Out Of 400 Private Schools Pay Taxes – Zamfara Govt / Sanwo-Olu Says Less than 700,000 people pay taxes in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by emilas1979(m): 12:14am On Jun 01, 2020
They built industries, we built churches. They paid taxes, we paid tithes.
Truth as you know is bitter. We are a well endowed Nation that is groaning under a heavy yoke. We are a blessed Nation that is facing the wrong direction on our journey to nationhood. At Oba Akran Avenue Ikeja, I wept when I realised that factories that employed thousands of people are all closed and their premises converted to churches, insurance companies and banks. It is the same in Ogba, Isolo, Ilupeju and Apapa all in Lagos and Sango Otta in Ogun state. Hundreds of factories shut, which means loss of jobs.

Then the same trip to Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Tianjin, Shenzhen etc., it is a different story altogether. While they were building factories, we were building churches, while they were paying taxes, we were paying tithes when they started employing more people, we started disengaging our people, when they started exporting, we started importing, when they started getting richer, we began to get poorer, when they were rich enough to lend, we became poor enough to borrow, when they began to export technology and experts, we started importing their expertise and technology, when they moved to first world country, we are receding into a “fourth” world.

While we say they are Ungodly and we are Godly, they live in wealth and we live in poverty. In their cities, the production factory noises fill the air, in our cities, church and mosque noises fill they air. At the end of the week or month, they wait for their salaries and profits, we wait for miracles. China has more than 10 tyre manufacturing companies, South Africa nearby has 4 tyre manufacturing companies, Ghana the same and Nigeria with an estimated population of over 200 million people with millions of cars has no single tyre manufacturing company. Michelin and Dunlop formerly here relocated to South Africa and appointed distributors in Nigeria where the main market is. As big as we are, with such a huge population, we have no more than a textile mill as at the last time I checked.

Yet we go about as if all is well. In one Street near me, I counted 15 churches. On the major road of two kilometres, I counted 25 churches, some as big as a moderate factory and some as small as one room shop. All put together, does not employ a single person. Everything is by volunteers. In China, the same would have been at least 30 factories both big and small. What grows the economy are the very small cottage industries whose products are mopped up for exports. They would employ at least 300 people. Those workers will sing God’s praises, our own people are hungry and their prayers are constantly harrasing God, accusing Him of not listening or listening but not responding even to outright accusation of partiality.
#HappySunday
#copied

37 Likes 9 Shares

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by OkCornel(m): 12:19am On Jun 01, 2020
@op, splendid article. Well written!

Even the scriptures states that faith without works is dead.

Little wonder the nation is the way it is.

8 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by Jumlek2411: 12:23am On Jun 01, 2020
I get some facts of life in this write-up

3 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by BERNIMOORE: 12:24am On Jun 01, 2020
If churches are More than factories, there is BOUND to be a problem, because you donate in churches while factory pay you as a worker.....this is why Nigeria is suffering now. Simple logic...

16 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by BabaRamota1980: 12:28am On Jun 01, 2020
emilas1979:
Truth as you know is bitter. We are a well endowed Nation that is groaning under a heavy yoke. We are a blessed Nation that is facing the wrong direction on our journey to nationhood. At Oba Akran Avenue Ikeja, I wept when I realised that factories that employed thousands of people are all closed and their premises converted to churches, insurance companies and banks. It is the same in Ogba, Isolo, Ilupeju and Apapa all in Lagos and Sango Otta in Ogun state. Hundreds of factories shut, which means loss of jobs.

Then the same trip to Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Tianjin, Shenzhen etc., it is a different story altogether. While they were building factories, we were building churches, while they were paying taxes, we were paying tithes when they started employing more people, we started disengaging our people, when they started exporting, we started importing, when they started getting richer, we began to get poorer, when they were rich enough to lend, we became poor enough to borrow, when they began to export technology and experts, we started importing their expertise and technology, when they moved to first world country, we are receding into a “fourth” world.

While we say they are Ungodly and we are Godly, they live in wealth and we live in poverty. In their cities, the production factory noises fill the air, in our cities, church and mosque noises fill they air. At the end of the week or month, they wait for their salaries and profits, we wait for miracles. China has more than 10 tyre manufacturing companies, South Africa nearby has 4 tyre manufacturing companies, Ghana the same and Nigeria with an estimated population of over 200 million people with millions of cars has no single tyre manufacturing company. Michelin and Dunlop formerly here relocated to South Africa and appointed distributors in Nigeria where the main market is. As big as we are, with such a huge population, we have no more than a textile mill as at the last time I checked.

Yet we go about as if all is well. In one Street near me, I counted 15 churches. On the major road of two kilometres, I counted 25 churches, some as big as a moderate factory and some as small as one room shop. All put together, does not employ a single person. Everything is by volunteers. In China, the same would have been at least 30 factories both big and small. What grows the economy are the very small cottage industries whose products are mopped up for exports. They would employ at least 300 people. Those workers will sing God’s praises, our own people are hungry and their prayers are constantly harrasing God, accusing Him of not listening or listening but not responding even to outright accusation of partiality.
#HappySunday
#copied

I love it. Well said sir!

5 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by Topleague(m): 12:34am On Jun 01, 2020
good write up

2 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by sammychimex(m): 12:37am On Jun 01, 2020
You see this factories and insurance companies that closed down, it wasn't church that closed it, it was closed down by a combination of bad govt policies, lack of electricity, lack of forsight on the part of the owners, INDISCIPLINE, LACK OFACCOUNTABILIT. We need to stop all this foolishness of blaming church for the state of the nation.
For example using the current govt as case study, we are paying more tax than we have ever done before yet we have never borrowed the way this govt is borrowing now. The major issue with Nigeria is bad govt policies, Monopoly by certain cabals,sabotage and of course financial impropriety. It actually benefits the govt when we leave the govt from whom we should demand accountability from and start blaming religious organisations who have found a way to thrive in the midst of caos, rather we should actually understudy some of this successful churches to understand what makes them successful and find ways to applying it on the economy.

12 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by donbachi(m): 12:40am On Jun 01, 2020
Op,the church did not drag nigeria into poverty.it is ur bad leaders that did.they taxes and we pay tithes.op,for the fact we pay tithes,shows we are not jobless nor idle.cos tithe is the 10% of one's income.which means we also have been paying taxes from our incomes.yes we do.but,our so called leaders does not put the taxes into proper use just like the church has been doing with our tithes.from tithes they built other branches home and abroad.like the bible posited"go into the world and multiply".what have ur leader done with our taxes,nothing.total recovered abachas loot is totalled at almost $5.5billion dollars.check how many factories that could have built.but,was looted by one man and is currently been relooted by others.leave the church alone,the church is not our problem.hold ur leaders accountable.thanks.

9 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by emilas1979(m): 12:41am On Jun 01, 2020
I dey shame for you sir
sammychimex:
You see this factories and insurance companies that closed down, it wasn't church that closed it, it was closed down by a combination of bad govt policies, lack of electricity, lack of forsight on the part of the owners, INDISCIPLINE, LACK OFACCOUNTABILIT. We need to stop all this foolishness of blaming church for the state of the nation.
For example using the current govt as case study, we are paying more tax than we have ever done before yet we have never borrowed the way this govt is borrowing now. The major issue with Nigeria is bad govt policies, Monopoly by certain cabals,sabotage and of course financial impropriety. It actually benefits the govt when we leave the govt from whom we should demand accountability from and start blaming religious organisations who have found a way to thrive in the midst of caos, rather we should actually understudy some of this successful churches to understand what makes them successful and find ways to applying it on the economy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by dkdmy: 12:44am On Jun 01, 2020
The question to ask here is
Who’s responsible for building factories, hospitals and other infrastructure?

Isn’t it the government? Catholic Church and other churches have build hospitals across the country. Private individuals have build hospitals, factories and so on

But the greedy people in government are the ones killing them! The money a senator earns in a year will build good hospitals, roads and other meaningful projects

In fact the churches and other private individuals have done far more than the government in improving the welfare of people

3 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by sammychimex(m): 12:54am On Jun 01, 2020
emilas1979:
I dey shame for you sir

You should be more ashamed of yourself for your cowardice, you know the source of the issue but instead you prefer transferring your anger at the church simply because the church doesn't react to senseless tantrums like this. Hold the govt accountable not the church, the church was never on the ballot. The church has done more for Nigeria than the govt, the church now builds schools, hospitals, factories etc without any assistance from the govt. The church in Nigeria should actually be understudied by the govt.

7 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by pquaver(m): 1:05am On Jun 01, 2020
sammychimex:

Oga pastor please come and see how churches work in Germany. They are involved in charity works.. I mean serious charity work and even end up employing and paying people our own is volunteering.. Every time you point and blame government and tell us to make them accountable to us for tax abeg we want church to also be accountable for tithe and everything that happens in there is not a bad thing when God's house is transparent..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by sammychimex(m): 1:13am On Jun 01, 2020
pquaver:

Oga pastor please come and see how churches work in Germany. They are involved in charity works.. I mean serious charity work and even end up employing and paying people our own is volunteering.. Every time you point and blame government and tell us to make them accountable to us for tax abeg we want church to also be accountable for tithe and everything that happens in there is not a bad thing when God's house is transparent..

And who said churches in Nigeria doesn't do charity? When salvation ministry built a home for the elderly you didn't see it? When they built a student hostel and donated it to a govt owned tertiary institution you didn't see it, when Chris oyakilome donated a faculty building worth 1billionb naira you didn't hear it, when winners built a federal road you sure didn't see that, when dunamis was donating medical supplies and foodstuff to the govt you didn't hear that? When Dominion city was sharing palliatives you didn't see that. The church has been more responsible than the govt. Far more without the church things would be far more unbearable.

By the way I am an engineer not a pastor.

5 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by Caseless: 1:24am On Jun 01, 2020
Nothing can be truer than this.

1 Like

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by emilas1979(m): 1:24am On Jun 01, 2020
I pity u.
The debate is about building churches/mosque and building factories not paying taxes and paying tithe, which is more profitable to the economy.

But you are so myopic in reasoning, so no point allowing you to derail my thread.

Please Bleep off
sammychimex:

You should be more ashamed of yourself for your cowardice, you know the source of the issue but instead you prefer transferring your anger at the church simply because the church doesn't react to senseless tantrums like this. Hold the govt accountable not the church, the church was never on the ballot. The church has done more for Nigeria than the govt, the church now builds schools, hospitals, factories etc without any assistance from the govt. The church in Nigeria should actually be understudied by the govt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by sammychimex(m): 1:35am On Jun 01, 2020
emilas1979:
I pity u.
The debate is about building churches/mosque and building factories not paying taxes and paying tithe, which is more profitable to the economy.

But you are so myopic in reasoning, so no point allowing you to derail my thread.

Please Bleep off

Read what you wrote and tell me if what you wrote looked like a debate?

check the topic of your thread if it actually brings mosques into it?

For your info at least 90% of people who Pay tithe had already paid their taxes before tithing. As a matter of fact tithe is actually calculated after tax has been paid.

Moreso tithes do not replace tax. The govt even contracts private firms to collect or recover taxes. I work and I am taxed directly and indirectly. The issues what have been done with my tax. My father is a pensionier he still pays tax. It's our Civic responsibility to pay tax but it's the govts duty to collect it.

2 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by budaatum: 1:42am On Jun 01, 2020
We call them "devil worshippers" while we are saints.

We starve. They prosper.

2 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by DaddyRochie1642: 2:36am On Jun 01, 2020
emilas1979:

#HappySunday
#copied

OP .. If you Like Fall Into Depression, ... Life Goes On grin grin
Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by Exmilitant(m): 3:33am On Jun 01, 2020
Op, church no be our problem. Government no be our problem. Our problem na we.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by stonemasonn: 4:54am On Jun 01, 2020
sammychimex:
rather we should actually understudy some of this successful churches to understand what makes them successful and find ways to applying it on the economy.
lol
Maybe government should invest in churches so they can share the tithes.

1 Like

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by Nobody: 5:09am On Jun 01, 2020
Nigerians too mumu Sha so you are now blaming church for the backwardness of this country?.

Is it church the ones you voted for in election?.

Is it church that is collecting your taxes and revenues from oil and other things?.

Church doesn't hold nigeria anything, our government is responsible for it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 01, 2020
I'm actually starting to think this people blaming churches and Christianity are sponsored by our muslims government/cabals

2 Likes

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by haryorbarmie83(m): 5:19am On Jun 01, 2020
Fact

1 Like

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by destinychildolu(m): 6:12am On Jun 01, 2020
donbachi:
Op,the church did not drag nigeria into poverty.it is ur bad leaders that did.they taxes and we pay tithes.op,for the fact we pay tithes,shows we are not jobless nor idle.cos tithe is the 10% of one's income.which means we also have been paying taxes from our incomes.yes we do.but,our so called leaders does not put the taxes into proper use just like the church has been doing with our tithes.from tithes they built other branches home and abroad.like the bible posited"go into the world and multiply".what have ur leader done with our taxes,nothing.total recovered abachas loot is totalled at almost $5.5billion dollars.check how many factories that could have built.but,was looted by one man and is currently been relooted by others.leave the church alone,the church is not our problem.hold ur leaders accountable.thanks.
I bet to disagree with you sir. The church is part of those or should I say a major culprit. They keep telling us that it is God that chooses leaders during election. Does that means that God has been choosing bad leaders for us ? They keep telling us to pray for our leaders and they organise prayer and fast for different governments. Has that changed anything? We have all bèn praying for our country to change and for God to give us good leaders for over 50 years, yet, nothing has changed. It seems no one in Nigeria is righteous after all including the pastor's because the bible says the prayers of the righteous availeth much.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by Afolabimills(m): 6:54am On Jun 01, 2020
sammychimex:

God bless u sir pls tell that mumu d truth
Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by Afolabimills(m): 7:08am On Jun 01, 2020
destinychildolu:

I bet to disagree with you sir. The church is part of those or should I say a major culprit. They keep telling us that it is God that chooses leaders during election. Does that means that God has been choosing bad leaders for us ? They keep telling us to pray for our leaders and they organise prayer and fast for different governments. Has that changed anything? We have all bèn praying for our country to change and for God to give us good leaders for over 50 years, yet, nothing has changed. It seems no one in Nigeria is righteous after all including the pastor's because the bible says the prayers of the righteous availeth much.
why are bent on bringing d church into ur mess?how about d mosque?if not what have done

1 Like

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by Heavance(m): 7:47am On Jun 01, 2020
dkdmy:
The question to ask here is
Who’s responsible for building factories, hospitals and other infrastructure?

Isn’t it the government? Catholic Church and other churches have build hospitals across the country. Private individuals have build hospitals, factories and so on

But the greedy people in government are the ones killing them! The money a senator earns in a year will build good hospitals, roads and other meaningful projects

In fact the churches and other private individuals have done far more than the government in improving the welfare of people

Now, how many Catholic churches can you count in a major road?
Or how many Anglican, Methodist or Baptist can you count on a major street or road?
These churches are well organised.
Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by mynextLevel: 7:58am On Jun 01, 2020
The OP is obviously a frustrated atheist suffering in Nigeria. Please can he tell us how much was allocated to the church by the FG during last months FAAC meeting?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by Blazebond(m): 8:23am On Jun 01, 2020
Na church be your problem shebi,Oya continue o,Las Las you go tire,the church nor get your time,you are just a passenger here on Earth,the church will keep on growing and growing and growing.you nor go ask your representatives when you elect into government why things aint right but Na church you get power reach,you dey form WOKE nor be so,no wahala.

1 Like

Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by Blazebond(m): 8:24am On Jun 01, 2020
mynextLevel:
The OP is obviously a frustrated atheist suffering in Nigeria. Please can he tell us how much was allocated to the church by the FG during last months FAAC meeting?

Nor mind the clown.
Re: They Build Factories And We Build Churches, They Pay Taxes And We Pay Tithe by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 01, 2020
If there is any character flaw in you and you refused to change it, and tomorrow you become the president of this nation, will Nigeria become a better country than it is now under your leadership? The change we need begins with you and I.
destinychildolu:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Man Gets Himself Into Trouble After His Viral Comment On Uwaila Rape Case / Why IPOB Won’t Work, Recognize Ohanaeze New President-general – Nnamdi Kanu / SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.