Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,141 members, 7,829,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 (25417 Views)

Kaduna Refinery To Be Ready By Q4 2024, Says Lokpobiri / Dapo Abiodun: Ijebu Ode-Epe Expressway Will Be Ready By Christmas / Real Madrid Football Academy Port Harcourt To Be Ready By May Ending - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by mofebosola(m): 7:58am On Jun 05, 2020
It is only God that is sustaining this country else politicians would have milked her dry. Imagine the Lagos Ibadan Expressway that Obasanjo Administration awarded to Babalakin's company how many years ago. Yar'adua came, he mentioned it in his budget, Jonathan also awarded the contract. Now it is Buhari and yet it will not be ready until 2022. Imagine how many budgets year in year out have seen money pumped to the road and yet the project is still uncompleted! Imagine the headaches Julius Berger has given to people on that road! Imagine the number of lives that have been list to the carelessness of both government and contractors. Imagine how many people would have been corruptly enriched by this lack of probity and accountability! God is watching!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by Seetto: 8:06am On Jun 05, 2020
VEE2010:
Another audio completion...
The Lagos-Ibadan expressway being used as conduit to embezzle our common patrimony since time immemorial.
Now, 2nd Niger bridge which is a PPP project added to appease the gods of the east.
I will like to remind APC that, Nigerians are resilient people, the same way we survived PDP, we shall surely overcome the evil spread from the centre in the name of a political party.
Shame!
Whether ppp or qqq at least something is being done, and who told you they are appeasing the stupid gods of the east, if they don't do it , who will hold them....
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by Bluntemperor: 8:08am On Jun 05, 2020
olawhuyhi:
U don change completion year about a million times

Dear Hon Minister,its so disappointing to continue to postpone the finishing works of Lagos-Ibadan express Road this far and why? is it that there is no Fund to finish the Project on time?.In Nigeria,we now blame Covid-19 for virtually everything.
Have you been to Rwanda to see how hundred of Kilometers Roads were completed in a year.? Sir,what is the current state of Ijebu-Ode-Ikorodu Road that has been crying for expansion and today is one of the death trap-Road in the country?.
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by Blackmann001: 8:08am On Jun 05, 2020
Can someone explain to me why FG wants to die on Lagos ibadan expressway....

If you go Tru that road it's very clean even B4 bubu came in... I stead of repair roads in urgent needs dt kills ppl in taraba, kebbi, the south east, benue, etc.... They choose tribalistic road cuz minister is southwest....

These are reasons I will never like. Buhari.... He hates Nigeria unity
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by delpee(f): 8:12am On Jun 05, 2020
seguno2:

Southerners are slaves forever.
Buhari completed and quickly launched the Abuja-Kaduna railways but has failed to complete this Lagos-Ibadan road, which was scheduled for launch in 2017. Three years ago.
How can southerners redeem ourselves from this mental slavery

The rail line was completed by GEJ. Only final touches were made towards the commissioning. It's not the same as Lagos Ibadan expressway and the Niger Bridge which were still in the early stages.
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by Mentorkaryhm(m): 8:34am On Jun 05, 2020
And election is coming in 2023... Those projects will be use to campaign
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by Nairalandmonika: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2020
Seetto:

So those that have travelled like you are not sensible, you talk like marcapolo as if you have tour the world, it is unfortunate you only journey bush path and not across major high way like Abuja kaduna Kano expressway and Lagos ibadan express way, if you do, I think you will appreciate the construction work and the nature of work they are doing...

I said if u have traveled through Nigeria and u think our highways are ok, then u are not sensible.

I have traveled through Abuja kaduna road, the go slow there na die, and the road is not good.
I have traveled from Delta State to kebbi by road, I have passed through abuja Niger road, Abuja kaduna road. Wtf are u talking about sef. If u think Nigeria road are ok like this then I repeat u are not sensible.
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by PremierGuy(m): 8:50am On Jun 05, 2020
So it will take 8 full years to complete these projects?
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by AdaoraNK(f): 8:56am On Jun 05, 2020
seguno2:

Southerners are slaves forever.
Buhari completed and quickly launched the Abuja-Kaduna railways but has failed to complete this Lagos-Ibadan road, which was scheduled for launch in 2017. Three years ago.
How can southerners redeem ourselves from this mental slavery

SOUTHERN UNITY

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by gurunlocker: 9:23am On Jun 05, 2020
Seetto:

So you want them to complete it in less than a year, a road construction that spanked through the length of a complete region, it is unfortunate our youth have chosen the path of ignorance and hatred, I bet you to go to the construction site and engaged the construction workers, may be then you will see with your eyes, I am not supporting any politician, if you want to criticize, do that out of bias and criticize constructively...

Please just tell me how many years this road has been under construction with billions allocated? Guess you think you are talking with some ignorant kids?

Just answer that.... Who is saying they will finish it in a year? When I say develop countries are building in few years, take china for example.
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by seguno2: 9:31am On Jun 05, 2020
olugabbie:
I could remember when the senate slashed the budget that was supposed to be used to complete both Lagos-Ibadan Road and Second Niger Bridge. The senators from the north said that Lagos-Ibadan is not the only road in Nigeria. So they slashed the budget for that particular road & Second Niger bridge.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/234996-senate-attacks-fashola-explains-niger-bridge-lagos-ibadan-budget-cuts.html

Do you mean that the 30 or so senators from the affected regions were just looking like mumus
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by foleskay(m): 9:32am On Jun 05, 2020
Awon werey.another political gimmick to hold on to, to deceive gullible citizens come 2023. Lol. I can't imagine it would take apc 8 years to rehabilitate not even construct a four lane 120 kilometer road. M6 roads in US and UK that have like 6 lanes always take less than two years to construct, but here in Nigeria it takes decades.. I wonder how many decades it would take Nigeria to construct a metro line. It might take 20 years. Useless govt. undecided
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by Seetto: 9:36am On Jun 05, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

I said if u have traveled through Nigeria and u think our highways are ok, then u are not sensible.

I have traveled through Abuja kaduna road, the go slow there na die, and the road is not good.
I have traveled from Delta State to kebbi by road, I have passed through abuja Niger road, Abuja kaduna road. Wtf are u talking about sef. If u think Nigeria road are ok like this then I repeat u are not sensible.
I said you don't have sense and you keep proving me right, how do you expect a smooth ride, when the road is under construction, the minister mentioned Lagos ibadan, Abuja kaduna roads and second Niger bridge, Quality construction work is taking place on those roads except if you are blinded by hatred which has affected your sense completely..
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by TGM2015: 9:36am On Jun 05, 2020
seguno2:

Do you mean that the 30 or so senators from the affected regions were just looking like mumus
Yes they do, because the cut affects Enugu airport also. The Deputy Senate President then representing one of the Enugu senate President cannot even stand against Sakari Mr Cutter.

Do you the funny thing is that the same category of people hailing the cutting in 2017 budget were the same people saying lie lie government now. Let looks at the facts.

2015: Buhari enter govt, he used Jonathan budget.

2016: Senate led by Saraki delayed passing of budget, leaving budget with less than 6 months to implement his budget. You should note it was this year that real construction started on Lagos-Ibadan expressway, 2nd Niger Bridge, N-SIP (Npower, TraderMoni, MarketMoni, Conditional Cash Transfer (N5k/person and N20k per household), railway construction, etc started. That was the first Buhari’s budget.

2017: Senate led by Sakari cut all budgets for majority of these projects and programmes by more than 50%. And as at the time, most of the contractors are being owned. Like the Lagos-Ibadan expressway the contractor were being owned N15b and Senate approved N10b against N30b budget. Practically, there can't be any work for that project same applies to all other programmes. To make matter worst the budget was approved towards the end of June. Going by PDP claims and standard budget implementation process in Nigeria, it takes about 2 months to start implementing a budget after it was signed. So, technically in 2017, Buhari has 4 months to implement the budget.

2018: The budget was also delayed till mid of the year. This year witness very strong political instability in national due to the Sakari led National Assembly and Buhari led Executive feuds. It destroyed our economic and financial system. The ministry of finance that suppose to implement the budget was in scandal of certificate forgery and Buhari was just recovery from is long period of medical conditions. We have new Minister of Finance by September or so, in practical terms, the new minister will take nothing less than 1 or 2 months before she can start performing. We have about 2 months in this year to implement our budget.

2019: We still have delayed budgets but at least substantial part of the years was available. It was approved in May after all elections were conducted. The budget was also bastardized. Unfortunately again.

From these facts, we have our freedom to choose what we want to believe in and fight for.
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by osejie17(m): 9:45am On Jun 05, 2020
2022? indirectly telling us he no fit work
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by foleskay(m): 9:48am On Jun 05, 2020
olugabbie:

Bro Buhari campaign is focused on three things. Fight Corruption, Tackle Insecurity and Develop the economy. Lagos-Ibadan road was not part of his campaign. Please be guided.
So what's the achievement so far on the three afformentioned campaign focus. Go sleep abeg
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by foleskay(m): 9:49am On Jun 05, 2020
olugabbie:

Bro Buhari campaign is focused on three things. Fight Corruption, Tackle Insecurity and Develop the economy. Lagos-Ibadan road was not part of his campaign. Please be guided.
So what's his achievement so far on the three afformentioned campaign focus. Go sleep abeg
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by knowhowk: 9:53am On Jun 05, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Lagos - Ibadan express way is the only project strategy used by politicians. The road has been under construction since 1999.
You will see it always recurring in each year's budget.
Audio Road grin
. True Talk.
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by Enyimbamercedes: 9:59am On Jun 05, 2020
Elsucre042:

In a society where corruption especially embezzlement of fund seems to be a norms, Oga its worth callin celebrating

Am not a party man, but if other government had contributed this much in terms of infrastructure today we wont be where we are but i know of sure we are back on track and are getting it right.

Is a gradual process and our country will be good again

Buh if you feel wailing isnt enough my brother/sister port go RWANDA grin

Am is not I am

Is is not It’s

You should actually be clamoring for better investment in education so you can construct proper grammar! Keep celebrating bridges and roads. Peace
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by GodPunishBiafra: 10:20am On Jun 05, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Lagos - Ibadan express way is the only project strategy used by politicians. The road has been under construction since 1999.
You will see it always recurring in each year's budget.
Audio Road grin
I think say na only me o.

Our useless GREEDY old generation have failed us.
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by olugabbie(m): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2020
seguno2:

Do you realise that the north has the highest number of senators. There are 55 senators from the north excluding Kwara state. The constitution gives them more power. Politics is a game of number and they have it.
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by olugabbie(m): 11:25am On Jun 05, 2020
foleskay:

So what's his achievement so far on the three afformentioned campaign focus. Go sleep abeg

The topic is on Lagos-Ibadan express way and the Second Niger Bridge. Nothing more nothing less. Besides i corrected someone with my comment.
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by seguno2: 11:40am On Jun 05, 2020
olugabbie:
Do you realise that the north has the highest number of senators. There are 55 senators from the north excluding Kwara state. The constitution gives them more power. Politics is a game of number and they have it.

Nevertheless, did the senators from the concerned regions not say anything on record against the cuts
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by AdaoraNK(f): 11:43am On Jun 05, 2020
seguno2:

Will they fight, lastly it'll will resort to voting, and you can guess those that have the majority law-makers in the national assembly.
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by seguno2: 12:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
AdaoraNK:
Will they fight, lastly it'll will resort to voting, and you can guess those that have the majority law-makers in the national assembly.

At least we will have the record of what they said to defend the projects against the cuts.
Now we have nothing, meaning that sending them to Abuja is a complete waste.
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by ebbo(m): 1:09pm On Jun 05, 2020
mannobi:
We still remember that America said we should use that abacha money for these projects o. If we see them in next year budget again enh?

Bush man b4 anymoney{either abacha or not) will be spend,it most pass through budget and appropriations.
Re: Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 by Proudlytips: 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
scam government their plans is to campaign with it ,it wont work again apc has failed already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uzodinma: APC Will Field Candidate, Win Edo Election / Senators Ifeanyi Ubah And Chukwuka Utazi Clashed Over Innoson Motor / Buba Galadima: How Buhari Fired My Uncle Over Naira Redesign In 1984

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.