Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (53293 Views)

Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 1:33am On Jun 10, 2020
Jeferious:
Op, I just want to believe that there are vital facts that you left out in your account. Otherwise, you're not a man, to say the least.

When I was around your age, I lost my father too. And I wasn't around too. But immediately I learnt of his death on the day he died, I acknowledged immediately that the mantle of leadership has passed to me. That not one vital decision would be made concerning the affairs of my family without my approval. And even though I wasn't around, I was able to persuade my uncles who were already at our home to wait for me to at least see my dad's body lying in state before they can take him to the mortuary. The convo happened through calls.They refused at first, but later agreed by the special Grace of God. And that was exactly where they started losing the battle against me and my family.

When I arrived the next day, I accompanied them to the mortuary, where I was smart enough to enter details as next of kin. I also secured the mortuary tally. They asked me to give them the tally since they lived closer to the city where the mortuary was situated. I politely refused. By now they have not started showing any evil intentions.

Not much later, strange things began to happen. They started holding meetings about the burials and making decisions without involving me. I knew, but kept silent. Afterall, na me hold tally. Na when me like na im that burial go hold.

Soon, I started having issues with them over a burial date they chose that I wasn't comfortable with. I wasn't even involved in the choice of this date. They sent emissaries that I argued with, all to no avail. With time, other stuffs started to take form. They started accusing my mom of having a hand in the death of my father, and so many other nasties. Time will fail me to mention many other events that followed, but after they have seen that I was too stubborn to yield to their nonsense, they finally called for negotiation. This was after i have involved the Police, Army, Umunna, village elders, the village chief, youths and so many other personnel. My father was finally buried seven months after he died in a befitting manner. The matter nearly sink the community sef angry. Wetin concern me. I would rather that community burn to the ground than not exercise my authority as the first son of my father.

See op, na who God don sign make im die na im go die. Go and face those diabolic uncles in the power and wisdom of God. Don't listen to cowards here. This people are testing you to see if you're submissive enough to be their footmat. Abeg no gree. This is almost two years since my father ceased to exist, and more than one year since he was buried. Everything he left behind, I control ALL. If there's anyone I don't control now, it's because I don't have enough knowledge about it. And about my uncles....all of them have ran away. If I tell you that I'm an only son without any brother and I was able to do this by the power of God, you may find it hard to believe.

I had to write this story of mine here to motivate you. God is bigger than juju. My only issue with your account is that you may not be legitimate son, or that your mom may not be regarded in strict legal terms as a wife to your father till his death. Where these doubts are taken care of by corresponding facts, then you should exercise authority as the man of the house. May God be with you
Sorry for your loss bro. First of all my mother was legally married...did traditional..white and even court marriage. I am the first son. The reason why i wasn't the one that put him in mortuary was because of lockdown. When i got to the shop after lockdown was eased i even ordered for it to be locked down before my Uncle's all started calling me and we started having problems over the phone. It was actually a man of God that calmed me down because that day i was ready to go to war. But now i dont think i can act quiet anymore, hence my post asking for advice.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by TheArchangel(f): 4:37am On Jun 10, 2020
Aizen123:
lol. Please read up ... I've updated the thread
I have read up. Bury your father first. People are still traveling even with the lock down. Take over the shop since school is not in session and you need money for the burial. Ask questions on how to go about the burial. Get your church and Umunnas involved. Spearhead the burial.
Talk less except with your mum and siblings.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Afrocentric: 6:33am On Jun 10, 2020
[quote author=toboy post=90498834] Your argument lack any substantial point. When you don't have any supporting point to back or clarify your arguments, then, there is no need repeating insults on people. It's childish. Practice this in real life too
I like your name Afrocentric tho. What's the inspiration behind the name?[/quite why must you just tell someone to Forfeit his father's property because of some useless kinsman. Even the father will caused him in his grave uote]
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Jeferious: 6:57am On Jun 10, 2020
Aizen123:
Sorry for your loss bro. First of all my mother was legally married...did traditional..white and even court marriage. I am the first son. The reason why i wasn't the one that put him in mortuary was because of lockdown. When i got to the shop after lockdown was eased i even ordered for it to be locked down before my Uncle's all started calling me and we started having problems over the phone. It was actually a man of God that calmed me down because that day i was ready to go to war. But now i dont think i can act quiet anymore, hence my post asking for advice.
You should have detained the body from being carried to the mortuary while you find your way home. There's no way you should have left such critical matters to be handled by people outside your nuclear family. Even the lockdown excuse no hold water. You can travel to any part of Nigeria you like, even with the interstate travel ban in place. Now most things you would do to get things right will require a lot of wisdom and tact.

At this stage, a lot of things have gone wrong. I'm almost sure you are not the one with the mortuary tally. But your case is not defeated yet. Summon your uncles, through the aid of an elder(s), to a round table discussion. Air your views politely but firmly. If anything, ask to be involved in critical decision-making. That is stage one.

Two, spot out those ones who are the brains behind every evil actions exhibited by your uncles. If you're a sure man, you can bring them close. Call them more often than the rest, and try making them comfortable. This is the principle of keeping your friends close, but your enemies closer. You'd be able to come closer to better Intel than what you have at your current disposal. But you must be very careful, so that they themselves don't outwit you too. The more you know, the more you get to know what to do. And don't pay much attention to their lips. You should also be interested in things that they have hidden from you too.

All this while, you must be careful. What you eat and drink is paramount. Poisoning you from these means is a more efficient way to kill you than any type of juju.

Meanwhile, I can't give you a complete failsafe plan that will help you from this point to the burial date. Humans are very unpredictable, and I don't know your uncles the same way I know my own people. This is where God comes in. Get close to him and ask for wisdom. All you can do right now is to gather every necessary Intel, including the fact that your father really birthed you legitimately. When you're done, involve people that matter. It'd surely cost you, but it's worth it. It's this Intel you've obtained that will help you when presenting your matter to those you have appealed to help you. And see, don't trust anybody in that family with your plans. Even friends are discouraged. Some may be sent by your uncles to learn your plans from you.

My dear, there are many battles to be waged, both on this and after. May God give you the grace to win every small battle till you have completely won the war.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by DedeNkem: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.

I stopped reading the nonsense you wrote when I read the areas above!
Only a m*oron would listen to you! I can't believe a human being would write this f*ucked sh*it as advice!
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 10, 2020
DedeNkem:

Only a m*oron would listen to you! I can't believe a human being would write this f*ucked sh*it as advice!
fvck you and what you think.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2020
DedeNkem:

you can as well smash your phone on the wall for reading my post. Go blind if you wish

2 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Ceelory: 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
Follow Donbachi advice below n i add dis B VERY PRAYER4L please

Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by babajero(m): 6:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
murmee:
OP is a 24 years old student. He doesn't have financial resources. From the look of things, his mum is also financially handicapped. (The uncles took advantage of these facts) Much as I agree with your suggestions but how will he finance the actions you have just advised him to take!
There are many state lawyers, that handle such cases as pro Bono, he should go to high court complex they will advice him on steps to follow.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by DedeNkem: 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
Carchoice:
you can as well smash your phone on the wall for reading my post. Go blind if you wish

You need a psychiatrist help fast because you've a serious mental problem. If you take your med. you might be fine.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by bizzibodi(m): 11:57am On Jun 11, 2020
Aizen123:

1. Both
2. Yes and No
3. It's a warehouse and he bought new goods worth over 4m
4. Yes we were close. I wasn't able to visit but we kept contact on phone and the illness was very very brief
5. A friend who was with him at the time
Bros call trusted elders for advice,buy padlock & lockup d shop,secure all his documents,if yur late father left no will,go to court near yur town swear an affidavit that u are d next of kin,go to probate register,high court get "letter of administration of oath" as d next of kin,that empowers ut to collect his money in d bank & dispose of his ppties,after burial held meeting with yur uncle & other family members thank yur uncle for their support,then tell them yur intention as the 1st son/next of kin how u intend to utilize what yur father left behind for his children to take care of them,train them to any level they so desired for d good of d family (but plan with yur siblings to hav one voice)if u succeeded settle yur uncles so that they will take their eyes off you.Goodluck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

I Hate Seeing People Succeed Including Family Members / My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family / I Think My Husband Scammed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.