Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (53462 Views)

Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by ajl: 10:46am On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.

EDITED: those of you quoting me to say he must fight, when the fights gets gory and OP waste his youthful age fighting “men” for his fathers property, you guys will not be there to support him. Whoever put eyes and mind in his/her father property isn’t ready to work for his/her own future.

You are "talking" nonsense. The only way this can happen is if parents left no Will. So, you simply work away from what's yours by heredity because you are scared to get hurt. What kind of mentality is this? Where is fairness, order, and good judgment. A society that is filled with males like you is bound to be dominated till eternity.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by mapet: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.

1. Who is with the death certificate?
2. If you are, involve the authorities (police/Military). Take control
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Tribalism123(m): 10:53am On Jun 09, 2020
Omo, if h are comfortable enough, please steer clear. Let them bury their brother and collect his property. It will still finish and they will come back to u and then u don become odogwu.

If u want to fight them, u must become diabolical like them because they are ready to kill anytime. So checkout with ur siblings and ur mum and avoid them. But yet, if u want to fight,carry ARMY and flog them out of the burial and them they will know u be Odogwu

2 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by oka4mt: 10:57am On Jun 09, 2020
Carchoice:
mr man you know nothing about properties and inheritance. When an uncle and in this case not just one but 4 uncles are hell bent on taking the property for themselves, you think they’ll back out because you recorded evidence? This is village matter. Like I said, when the fight gets gory, you will not be there to support him. Why don’t you hire him a good lawyer then? Fight the fight for him. Take up the case and make sure he gets everything. Don’t just push him to do it. Una go dey una house dey make mouth. Do you know how many young men have become a shadow of themselves because of cases like this?

So many families are at loggerheads for years because of one piece of land. Some have lost their lives. Use your head abeg and stop pushing someone to start what he can’t finish.

When you are ready to fight the fight with him, I’ll take you serious

from all u have been saying, its either u are not educated or your education is a waste, or u are just a pussy ass nigga. how can u say this is a village matter, when the papa dy kill himself dy hustle village contribute?
baba u dy Bleep up, dy talk like woman, wen u acquire all you can through out ur life time, wen u die, make ur brothers snatch everything from ur children,na then u go know the impact of all this ur yeye talk. sadly e go b for ur grave, cos na them u sweat for. use ur head man.
Mr OP bear in mind that u are already a man at 24, so b a fucking MAN BRO.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by oka4mt: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2020
Do not let people that know nothing about inheritance lead u astray, some of them had nothing while growing up and still have nothing to inherit, your situation is different, do not let them tell u that u should b ur own man by forgetting about ur father's sweat.
even if ur father died without a will, u are still his legitimate child, all his descendants are entitled to his assets not him brothers. even the village house is urs automatically. so go on and fight, not with ur fist or ur hands, not even ur mouth, but your brain. do not let them intimidate u, u are a man now,
I REPEAT, YOU ARE A MAN NOW
in your house hold, u represent your father, in your kindred u represent your father, in your village u represent your father, do not let your relations push you away, if they are offering to assist, do not push them away but set some boundaries.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by ekevwe(m): 11:10am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.

Those people are ready for you so, you have to be over ready.

Arrest them ASAP. Do not seek for any elders advice in your village.

Then get a lawyer and serve the mortuary owner notice of not releasing the corpse to anyone except you.

Like I said earlier arrest your uncle ASAP
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2020
oka4mt:

from all u have been saying, its either u are not educated or your education is a waste, or u are just a pussy ass nigga. how can u say this is a village matter, when the papa dy kill himself dy hustle village contribute?
baba u dy Bleep up, dy talk like woman, wen u acquire all you can through out ur life time, wen u die, make ur brothers snatch everything from ur children,na then u go know the impact of all this ur yeye talk. sadly e go b for ur grave, cos na them u sweat for. use ur head man.
Mr OP bear in mind that u are already a man at 24, so b a fucking MAN BRO.
grin my dad has lots of lands and houses in the village but none of his children cares about them. Whoever wants them can take it when he’s gone. That’s how we were brought up. And that’s the same way I’ll bring up my children.

Nor put eye for anybody property when you still have two hands, two legs and a life ahead of you, not even my dads property. That’s how I was brought up. My children will be far ahead of any uncle/aunty even if they are just a year old. That’s the plan my friend. I’m no pvssy nigha. I know more than you. If you leave the city and go to the village to claim inheritance, lol. You are the pvssy nigha my friend.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 09, 2020
ajl:

You are "talking" nonsense. The only way this can happen is if parents left no Will. So, you simply work away from what's yours by heredity because you are scared to get hurt. What kind of mentality is this? Where is fairness, order, and good judgment. A society that is filled with males like you is bound to be dominated till eternity.
heredity? grin Lol. Stop abusing English abeg.

People like you will waste 10 to 20 years fighting for a piece of land that is not worth more than 10m. Go and hustle my friend. Your father will be proud of you. Your uncles will be put to shame.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by oka4mt: 11:17am On Jun 09, 2020
let me share this with u guys.
many soldiers and police men out there joined the force because of their financial condition, they have nothing and got nothing from their father, s they enrolled just to survive, mind u, a very dangerous profession, but u have inheritance u are afraid to fight for it.
no, when u build your own house, make your brother or one idiot come try snatch am from u na, una two go die for the matter, cause u no go gree for any bastard.
make i ask u, why e b say, wen king die, so far him get son, na the son go b d next king, why them no make him brother king.
use your head bro.
fight your fight and God will fight by your side.
if u die fighting, which i doubt, it is worth it.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Amonijosh1: 11:20am On Jun 09, 2020
what are the circumstances surrounding your fathers death?
where were you when your father died?
who is in charge/ responsible/ authority over the release of your fathers corpse?
As the first son of a father there are some vital information you need to know about your fathers burial rights and in most cases it is your father himself and trusted relatives that are supposed to expose you to such.
At this stage a lot of mistakes are already done.
Call for the good elders of your village/ community!
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Mutaultope(m): 11:28am On Jun 09, 2020
Just run for your life oooooo ......... they might go after your life later....

Forget about the money or inheritance ..... your wicked uncles have taken over

BUT , did your father do any insurance ?

if yes , that is your own money and inheritance

If no ...... you are in God's hands

that is why I always tell my clients to pack up Insurance savings policy and life policy ...... it makes the future bright for the immediate family .

I sell Insurance ooooooo ...... 08133729507
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by NwaliE01: 11:29am On Jun 09, 2020
How I wish the living would learn from the dead.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by oka4mt: 11:30am On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

https://www.icnl.org/resources/research/ijnl/discriminatory-property-inheritance-under-customary-law-in-nigeria-ngos-to-the-rescue

i have taken it upon myself to share this link with u in case you are finding it difficult to get information about intestate inheritance.
i wish you goodluck in ur fight.
i just hope ur uncles realize their mistake and let this take its normal course.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 09, 2020
walkwithgod:

Bros, anything wey your pman keep is rightfully yours as long as family Sabi say e get pikin.

How many youths of today fit build house for this Buhari weather ? Very few. Things are pretty tough at the moment. So the property the man left should act as succor / financial support for the family he left behind.
My brother u are very right there, so wetin the OP go do na as dem done set trap wait for am? If its me i know exactly what to do that is if anybody go bold try am to me.. I no go even give ear for peace talks. But the OP no get that option that's why he came to NL otherwise him for know what to do. People get oppressed ontop their own properties. No be today. Its a very cold world bro and no one cares. Everybody just gat to strong up any which way u fit otherwise na sorry for u and those that look up to u. As a man u gat to do what u gat to do anyhow u need to survive. People wicked ooo and sometimes it pays to be merciless to those kind of bastards. Who gentle man help. If he can't fight on his own he can get the law on his side that's why i asked of the family lawyer.. or him fit use streets since they want to play dirty. But i believe he wants to play cool hence i gave the first post because u no fit give wetin u no get. I still ask are there no elders in the village outside his family he can relate the issues with? The village no get ruler? Coming to Nairaland sef no join. Na time for action no be shere matter. If u no fit fight for ur right na u go suffer am
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by charles009(m): 11:54am On Jun 09, 2020
now answer this,

where you close to your father when he was alive?? the answer to this question will determine what gave your uncles the guts to act this way.

secondly where are your other siblings and what are they saying?

In the Igbo tradition no burial will hold if the Diokpa and the Ada are not present.

Finally be wise but firm, lock up the shops,summon an emergency meeting or send word around that your dads burial has been postponed until further notice. you need to weild your influence as the first son, the supposed heir and inheritance. Guy no dey sleep for bicycle, will you agile up.

Me for burst people heads, use koboko flog them wella. worst thing they resort to voodoo, some of us are walking deities.

Take what rightfully belongs to YOU.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Amonijosh1: 11:57am On Jun 09, 2020
OP no say any thing concerning properties except shop.
They all stay in lagos, including all uncles but his father has a shop in the village?
na wah..
where were you and your mother when your father died?
Is your home a polygamous one?
there are many missing lines here.
At your age and level of education you dont need rocket science to know that you are your father's chief mourner and should be responsible to document your fathers entry an exit from a mortuary.
no body fit bury your papa if na you sign am into a mortuary without your permission, and you can move him whenever and to where ever you like.

there are things you may have failed to do either mistakenly or ignorantly in the past that is resulting to your present predicament, and whatever we may say here cannot change it.

Attend your fathers burial, forget about these bullshit properties and move on with your life!
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Solatium(m): 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

Act 1 Scene 1
Speak to a lawyer who will help you with a restraining order to prevent them going ahead with the Burial.

Act 1 Scene 2.
Get another order preventing them from touching any of your Dad's property.

Act 1 Scene 3.
Go and brace yourself up spiritually, because it's gonna be a long and big battle
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by DennisEche(m): 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Guy try go get better odeshi. Fire for fire
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Teedah: 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
Abeg. If you know that your uncles na spiritual setting den dey please don't drag anything with them( you have your life ahead of you, don't let them spoil your earthly journey for you, you letting go doesn't mean you're weak ooo) buh if na physical dealings den dey do then face them. Go& pay your last respect to dad. Property will not make your dad's name famous rather it is you & your siblings growing together in peace & love that will make him happy where he is.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Ayi12: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
great one
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by alexsoftwork(m): 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
thanks

Oga fight oooo! Fight for what is yours, fight those greedy imbeciles.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by lonelydora: 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

Guy, see leave gentleness for now. Wear your armour of war and face them squarely. They are under-rating you, and you need to show your other side.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Rexology: 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

OP, I have questions to ask you:

1.Where is your mother and was she still married to your father at the time of his death,if yes,what was her relationship with him at the point of his death?

2.The man you called your father, did he call you SON as at the time of his death,if yes,what was your relationship with your father as at the time of his death?

You are probably not saying the whole truth.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by banio: 1:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:

If You have money, You better run to the court and get an injunction, and simultaneously arrest them for opening your Dad's shop (stealing). If you don't have money, then arrest (#5K will do the arresting) your Uncles for fixing date and taking or stealing from your Father. Then be ready for the fight that will follow.
If they can bury your Dad without your consent or knowing, then by tradition You are adopted. All properties belong to your uncles.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nwiboko26(f): 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2020
Aizen123:
thanks but still i can't let someone else take my father's sweat... Will surely follow them with wisdom and probably involve village elders if need arises even the youths have told me that they are behind me if it turns out they are planning something evil
u better leave them.u don't need to drag ur father's property.all u need is to pray for guidance and protection.God will bless you with ur own wealth.let God fight every battle for you.u need to stay alive abeg.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Small080(m): 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
May his soul rest in perfect peace...

But your family are greed o!
Ọgá that one na nonsense.... If you don't talk they will treat you and your sister like mumu o... You better act fast now, change it for them ...Abi won ya were ni... Na your papa now, but apply wisdom sha
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Rexology: 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
oka4mt:
Do not let people that know nothing about inheritance lead u astray, some of them had nothing while growing up and still have nothing to inherit, your situation is different, do not let them tell u that u should b ur own man by forgetting about ur father's sweat.
even if ur father died without a will, u are still his legitimate child, all his descendants are entitled to his assets not him brothers. even the village house is urs automatically. so go on and fight, not with ur fist or ur hands, not even ur mouth, but your brain. do not let them intimidate u, u are a man now,
I REPEAT, YOU ARE A MAN NOW
in your house hold, u represent your father, in your kindred u represent your father, in your village u represent your father, do not let your relations push you away, if they are offering to assist, do not push them away but set some boundaries.
What IF at the bolded is where the problem is coming from. Something is definitely wrong somewhere and the OP is certainly carefully avoiding some details. The fact that those his Uncles purportedly fixed his father's burial WITHOUT his Son's input , points to a believe that their Late Brother probably did not recognize Op as his Son when he was alive.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
sorry for ur loss only trade carefully with dem
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Emepresh(f): 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
Leave them to do everything as they have started. Don't ask questions maka ndu gi. Life first! You live to tell stories.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by NoToPile: 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ibime:

Dey there dey act timid. I have a friend from Anambra who collected deeds to her late fathers property from a greedy uncle under duress from Police escorts right there after the fathers funeral in the midst of other family members. Property she sold for N30m within few weeks.

What I don't understand is why should the deed of her father's property be with the uncle. Is it not suppose to be in the possesion of the children or wife?

Until men stop entrusting their brothers with documents of their properties, children will continue to suffer and their properties confisticated by greedy uncles.

Parents sometimes cause all these issues .
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Aizen123: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2020
TO CLARIFY

Thanks everyone for your advice. My Dad is not staying in Lagos...he's based abroad. When it comes to my Dad and brothers ..he has achieved more than any of them. And the house is his. I said when i got to the village.. my uncle i called said the keys was waybilled to them in Lagos... So i asked myself why wasn't it waybilled to me in aba because that's where i am schooling and was waybilled all the way to Lagos (which i think it's a lie) ... I wasn't the one that put my Dad in the mortuary because i wasn't around then because of the lockdown. It was the day I was gonna come back that's the day he died but we were talking on phone.. was going to hire a taxi so one of his friends in the village was the one that put him in mortuary. My Dad is someone who liked staying in the village anytime he got back from Europe. He is very close to people around and have also helped many of them. Starting out i wasn't very close with him because of some family ish which i wouldn't want to say but for the past 5-7 yrs we've been very close... Also his shop is his alone and he bought goods worth over 4m before his demise. Why say the key is in the house? If not because they don't want to enter the house before them and maybe take some documents?
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Ambassadors: 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
Am a living witness to this. Mine was that they even buried him before I came. As the first born man. They took all the wealth. I didn't see my dad's one coin though he was rich. Today by God's grace I live like a king. I support all my uncles from time to time. I support all that looked down on me during those times. God has been faithful. He is really the father to the fatherless. But you must work hard & be sincere before God and man. God bless us all
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.

EDITED: those of you quoting me to say he must fight, when the fights gets gory and OP waste his youthful age fighting “men” for his fathers property, you guys will not be there to support him. Whoever put eyes and mind in his/her father property isn’t ready to work for his/her own future.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

SEE a Lady Calls Her Friends Hoes Because She Has A Man / My 19yr Old Wife Is Back, Safe And Sound. / My Wife Used New Car To Sow Seed To Her Pastor – Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.