Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (53288 Views)

Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by jimotochukwuobi(m): 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control
myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.

My brother, all is certainly not well and you must trade with caution so as not to throw in your life therein.

My advice is that you should consult the traditional ruler of your village and the chiefs for their intervention, afterwards, be careful as you relate with the uncle.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Yankee101: 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
Sorry. E be like say you no get money. Or them wan steal him property
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Burgerlomo: 10:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:
thanks

Sorry for your loss may his soul rest in peace, see it will be for your own good if you can follow the advice which @carchoice gave you if you value your life. cool
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by paul100(m): 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
My own is don't fight with uncles and aunties for properties ooo except if you are spiritual strong because i have heard of many sons and daughters that have died because of properties.
Things like this happen in Africa Magic and we all know how it ends.Sorry for your loss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Prechy08(m): 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
you must be from the East.

see to be honest with you, those your uncle's are ready to delete you if you stand in their way.

quickly contact your maternal home relations they are the only one that will really fight this Battle for you with some elders who really can stand for the truth.

or on the other hand

just know what actually belongs to your dad, whatever assets he has ensure you mark them. you will come back for that battle latter.

just act a bit dumb and follow, when u gather confidence you shock them

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by isaiahethan: 10:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.

Your uncle is evil �, please be careful

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Favoritedealer: 10:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
First off you talk about the shop like we knew your daddy had a shop.
Your uncle is in the village and it seems he was patiently waiting for your daddy to die to take over his shop.
About the burial dates they were wrong to not include you in the decision but play along with it to avoid trouble.
Let me warn you about relating with people like that, they will try to drag everything your father had with just take what you can and leave them shikena unless your father was very wealthy.
Avoid unnecessary stress
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by gnykelly(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2020
my advice. break the shop key whatever goods you find there park everything and sell it. if you can't sell it immediately go keep it where they can't access it. then go lock it back.

any important documents should be in your care and wait for the burial day they chose. attend and leave.

no argument. if asked about the whereabouts of the goods tell them your father instructed you to donate it to one specific person and you honoured him.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by mrkings84(m): 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
Apart from your very Uncles I'm sure you have other elders in the family/village... Just report to them, they know how to handle the situation in your favor
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by tonididdy(m): 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

dude be careful that's all I have to say
obviously your uncles are prepared for your worst.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by lawrenzooo: 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:
thanks but still i can't let someone else take my father's sweat... Will surely follow them with wisdom and probably involve village elders if need arises even the youths have told me that they are behind me if it turns out they are planning something evil
my advice, whatever happens never fight over those property it doesn't always end well. God would bless the work of your hand and in no time you would acquire more than what they took from you.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by guvna(m): 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
Bastard uncles. Waka shege to them

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by bluebay(m): 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
I think it’s time you gather your gang too. If your mother is alive, gather his family members to your side then go to the mortuary and transfer the corps of your Late father elsewhere and drop a standing order that no one is allowed to retrieve him, apart from you . Then as for the Shop, lock it then get the police to invite your uncle and warn him never to step foot into the shop again.
It’s hard time you take big step and be incharge for your uncle has got plans of rubbishing you and might even marry and start bleeping your mother after wards . Fact

3 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by jbbalarabe(m): 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.
Bros please kindly take this advise please and make you sure you work hard to outdo all of them and what your dad left

2 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Lastmankc(m): 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
Are you sure he's not the one that caused your father's death? Most of these uncles are terrible.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by tonididdy(m): 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2020
Carchoice:

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared.

neither does it make him smart?
in other words he is scared and a weakling

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by cnonyechi(f): 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by looshowing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.

Take this advice seriously

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Favoritedealer: 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
donbachi:
Go and transfer ur late father's corpse to another mortuary or u go back to that very mortuary u deposited his body,and warn them not to release his corpse to anybody,unless u come in person.as for the shop,buy another key and lock it.while u plan for his burial..do not give room to anger and exchange of words.
You basically told him to look for trouble and you're warning him against anger
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Keenysbojan(m): 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:

my brother do you love your life and the lives of your young ones and do you want to live long in good health and wealth?

please I beseech you to leave them, let them do whatever it's that seems right to them.. they are looking for a way to kill you, just make peace and let them be...

when there is life, then everything you asked for will be in place.. your life must be precious to you bro..

I am talking from experience...

ire oo

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Tareq1105: 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
thorpido:
Your uncles obviously are not straight forward.Whatever you do,just be careful with them.

You failed to mention your tribe. This will guide us in our contributions bcoz culture differs depending on where you come from.

I'm an Ijebu man, where it's the family (the deceased brothers and sisters) that gives direction but the children of the deceased are guided and carried along.

On the breaking of shop, please don't quarrel with anyone, they're wicked. Just be patient with them, apply wisdom till the burial is done. May God protect you and your siblings.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by onome2013: 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
Don't argue ANYTHING with them. Play the role of an obedient child ,so that they will not have any opportunity to harm you. If your mum is still alive, always listen to her good advice. I pray for God's protection and wisdom. It is a trying period.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by abuhusna1: 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hustle ooooo
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Monday60655(m): 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
Are you of age? I mean mature enough to take responsibility as a man. Are you buoyancy financially? Were you the one that signed when your father's corpse was deposited in the mortuary? If yes to the above questions, then buy a new padlock and lock the shop. Go to the mortuary and request for a transfer of your father's corpse. Then approach a court without any of your uncle knowledge to make a legal complaint about how the money was shift to your first uncle's son account and as well for future occurrence. Take things easy and be careful.
For the death of your father, take solace in the Lord as his soul rip.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Pzpropertylimit(m): 10:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
Oga , use wisdom follow them ooo . Applying wisdom with them is not act if cowardice at all .

By now , u must have started interpreting the death of ur father if I were u .

Stay and take care of ur siblings ooo life sweet ooo make they no go kill u ooo
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by cnonyechi(f): 10:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
Are you sure you were very close to your father before he died and never had issues with him ? Cos reading your story and you being a man those elders mostly play games like this with women or sons who they know fell out with their fathers long ago.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Favoritedealer: 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
Righteousness89:
Be Calm Bro..

It your Right to Know

It's your Right to React!

But don't do it just anyone!

Speak to your Pastor or Someone who will pray with you First..
you need to Spirtually fortified with GOD! Befor you go!

Things like these do not just go Physical!
Someone should ban this guy already for always derailing topics

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by hardbody: 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:

Make a self assessment. If you can bury your dad without their financial input, then call the shot, its your call. But if na dem go shoulder the financial responsibility then just humble yourself and let them do your work for you. You can engage the village elders on the properties of the departed.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by gnykelly(m): 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
LaIabobo:
Leave them alone!!!

Attend the burial with your mum and siblings, and leave immediately afterwards.
You are too young to drag issues with your dad's family.

Trust me, it never ends well.

so he should leave his birth right and go start out in the cold with nothing. it seems you don't know how hard is to survive these times. he should negotiate a deal that will profit him in the future

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by humilitypays(m): 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
It is well cry
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by seborrhic: 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
donbachi:
Go and transfer ur late father's corpse to another mortuary or u go back to that very mortuary u deposited his body,and warn them not to release his corpse to anybody,unless u come in person.as for the shop,buy another key and lock it.while u plan for his burial..do not give room to anger and exchange of words.
On what basis would any serious organisation grant that request?
So a "stranger" comes and orders them not to tamper with the corpse and they would obey.They should then be ready to close for business.
The only party the mortuary has any business with is the people that brought the corpse,unless there is a valid court order to the contrary.
The mortuary have no business with him,sad as it may sound.
For them to ignore an obviously grown up first son shows they have an authority from some other party,maybe even related to d family or that by their own tradition the father's own immediate family are usually the ones that make burial arrangements.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by ikemesit4477: 10:33pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:
hmmm i have 4 uncle's and they have one heart o... whatever the elder brother does is what they will do
sorry to ask! How old are you! You are sounding weak! These is your right, you need to speak up to avoid had I know!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

I Hate Seeing People Succeed Including Family Members / My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.