Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust (37981 Views)

Tinubu’s N57.8bn Rice Palliative Raises Dust / Promotion Of Osinbajo, Aisha Buhari’s ADC's Raises Dust / Wike’s Romance With APC, LP Raises Dust In PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by JosEast(m): 6:30am On Jun 07, 2020
An alleged leakage of official documents concerning the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) at the Presidency is generating controversy after some members of the Senior Staff Association of Electricity and Allied Companies (SSAEAC) said top government officials were plotting the reinstatement of the ousted managing director of the company.

The association said in a statement on Thursday that the former managing director, Mr. Usman Gur Mohammed, had been meeting prominent citizens to solicit for return to his former post.

“Two of such prominent people are the president of African Development Bank (AfDB), Dr Akinwunmi Adesina, and the Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed. We learnt with doubt that the AfDB president wrote the president tying loans to the appointment of an individual, Usman Mohammed.

“On the side of the minister (Zainab Ahmed), she was said to have agreed that the loan was needed even with an appointment tied to it. What an irrational proposition, if true,” said a statement issued by the association’s General Secretary, Umar Dubagari.

Our correspondent gathered that a section of the national level of the association is led by Chris Okonkwo, a member of the management staff of TCN whom the ousted managing director had removed from office after allegedly ending his four-year posting from the Ministry of Power to TCN.

The issue had raised tension at TCN shortly before Mohammed was summarily removed by the Minister of Power, Engineer Sale Mamman, after he got an approval from President Muhammadu Buhari through a series of correspondents from the president’s Chief of Staff.

On how the union got the information on which their statement was based, it was learnt from multiple sources that the Chief of Staff to the President, Professor Ibrahim Gambari, had forwarded the letter of the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning to President Muhammadu Buhari with the attached letter of the president of AfDB to Engr. Mamman for his comment.

The documents, which were termed to be classified and awaited presidential action, may have been leaked in that process to the section of the union led by Okonkwo.

A top official in the power sector said: “The minister finding any fault with the TCN head, should have in the first instance, issued him a query or asked him to step down for a panel of enquiry as guided by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) who is empowered to issue appointment and dismissal letters to government appointees.

“The minister only acted through a press release without recourse to the SGF. As we speak, no letter has been given to the acting MD of TCN and his management team, or a dismissal letter to the ousted MD, nearly three weeks after,” the official explained. “The minister also knows that it was the federal government that had requested that Mohammed come to TCN on secondment from AfDB, and as such AfDB reserves the right to ask questions if that official on such critical assignment in Nigeria is summarily removed from office. This is also a spite on the presidency’s request for the official from the bank and the formal approval for his secondment to TCN by AfDB.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/leaked-presidency-memo-raises-dust-at-tcn.html

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by Jakemedg(m): 6:32am On Jun 07, 2020
Okay further clarification needed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by Tomtomy98: 6:34am On Jun 07, 2020
hmmmmmm

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by ebenhazard(m): 6:35am On Jun 07, 2020
Collosal

1 Like

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by tayebest(m): 6:40am On Jun 07, 2020
Akoi kura undecided
Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by FlordFlorez(m): 6:59am On Jun 07, 2020
Aboki again? Power intoxicated fool. Still backward despite the power.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by Racoon(m): 7:11am On Jun 07, 2020
Endlessly fighting for position and power that will never be of any benefit to the nation but just parochial or sectional interests.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by kayusely70(m): 7:18am On Jun 07, 2020
High Level Intrigue

1 Like

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by olaric(m): 8:16am On Jun 07, 2020
The next administration that comes after this evil one being headed by Buhari will have a lot of work to do. The little achievement and oneness we achieved during the PDP reign has been destroyed by the APC government.

104 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by TreasureTayo(m): 8:17am On Jun 07, 2020
Nigeria na season film. You no fit watch am finish because na everyday new episode dey come out grin
Who go settle this matter now? grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by keentola(m): 8:17am On Jun 07, 2020
n
Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 07, 2020
Zoogeria

1 Like

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by GoodBook: 8:17am On Jun 07, 2020
I don't even know how to settle this matter..

Please where is that Dammm Nigarr guy, please come and help us out o.. This matter strong.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by MrImole: 8:18am On Jun 07, 2020
Leaked presidential memo?

Do we even have a government in this country?

1 Like

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by FIatino: 8:18am On Jun 07, 2020
The documents, which were termed to be classified and awaited presidential action, may have been leaked in that process to the section of the union led by Okonkwo.
Chai without checking, I suspect say na one of my my Igbo blodas

Y are we incompetent laidis?
Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by Emax911: 8:19am On Jun 07, 2020
olaric:
K
k keg

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by Abbeyme: 8:19am On Jun 07, 2020
Oh k
Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 07, 2020
Naija!
Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by iyatrustee(f): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2020
Don't they sign an oath of secrecy in the civil service? It is very unprofessional to leak privileged information!
Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by Mahsums: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2020
hmm
Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by Azmanaty: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2020
Always leaking

They can't even secure ordinary memo and documents from leaking from small Aso Rock, its now Nigeria they want to secure. APC are bunch of never do well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by adecz: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2020
angry sad

Parasites who are unable to
survive outside the 'host'..

2 Likes

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by yoruba1914: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2020
Racoon:
Endlessly fighting for position and power that will never be of any benefit to the nation but just parochial or sectional interests.
buhari is the biggest bigot in nigerias history. All he does is divide and sectionalize this country. We have been running in circles with no head way since he was rigged into office

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by heykims(m): 8:20am On Jun 07, 2020
I don't care what happens behind the curtain, all I need is stable power supply.
Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by Jabioro: 8:21am On Jun 07, 2020
Drunkards I meant power drunkards with no improvement or public achievement...

1 Like

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by GOFRONT(m): 8:21am On Jun 07, 2020
Chaii Miyetti Allah
Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by ForeThinker: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2020
The great thing about this life of ours is that you can be someone different to anybody.

You said I was one in a million but treated me like a dime a dozen.....

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by hucienda: 8:24am On Jun 07, 2020
The next president and administration will have a lot on their plate. Hope they would have the will and wisdom to do so.
Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by Dangrace01: 8:24am On Jun 07, 2020
Ok

On the leaked memo at TCN I don't know what to say but what I Know is that I'm a seller

I sell cars.

Please check my profile

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Presidency Memo At TCN Raises Dust by money121(m): 8:27am On Jun 07, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Olusegun Obasanjo In Abeokuta (Photo) / Tinubu and Shettima Meet NANS On ASUU Strike, To Meet ASUU / How My Two Sons Were Slaughtered By Boko Haram In My Presence - Abubakar Yunus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.