Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker (1960 Views)

..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? / Marrying A Pastor; A Blessing Or A Curse / Unforgiveness And Its Attendant Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by inedi: 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2011
i can never forgive, him or her, what are the implications, am i right or wrong concedering what the person has done. pls share you views i beleive somebody needs to know this,pls let you view be biblical. thank you some one is waitying to be free.
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by Azibalua(f): 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2011
I know of someone who harboured so much bitterness and unforgiveness in her heart, thereby giving rooms to demons.
Unforgiveness creates a big space for the devil and so should not be harboured
Instead of piling up matters in your heart you can confront someone who has wronged you in love
Love believes in people and gives them a second chance
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by mabell: 9:40pm On Jan 23, 2011
This topic was exactly what was preached during our service today
Let me share with you a little.

God is love, if we say we have God that means we have love
This same love that we have makes us give people another chance, another opportunity
When there is a matter the best way to handle it is peaceful confrontation to settle issues rather than have grudges in our hearts against each other
Unforgiveness is of the devil and not of God
This is what the bible says about forgiveness

14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you
Matt 6:14 (ASV)
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by winiamanda: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2011
It's hard to forgive though but i do it anyhow not minding how i feel.
I know the blessings attached to it moreover if God forgives, who am i to not forgive
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by UyiIredia(m): 2:48pm On Jan 24, 2011
i came across this piece when reading the Punch

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."

~ Buddha
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2011
it isn't easy to fo4give but one's got no choice as a xtian than to do practice such. As partakers in the eating(communion) of the body of christ, learning to fo4give should be our style. Unfo4giveness could hinder prayers
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by inedi: 11:07pm On Jan 24, 2011
forgive, forgive, its easer said than done, we know that Jesus thought in the bible that if your enemy offend you forgive, then his followers asked him, how many times will our enemies offend us and we will continue to forgive, and Jesus said seven x seventy that is about 490 times. and if you have to start counting your enemies offences till 490 times then you can nail them, then you too must be a devil. my question is this, Jesus teaching was based on your enemy, what about your loved ones, mother of father.
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by newmi(m): 12:05am On Jan 25, 2011
Forgiveness is gift of love
Romans 13 : 10
"Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilment of the law."

the problem with alot of people especialky christians is that regardless of them fact that they are fully aware of the need to forgive buty many are affraid to perhaps because they feel that ifi they do they'll loose that feeling of justice by revenge which to them is one hard pill to swallow especially when thewrong came from a bossom person hetherto they consider unfair for such a one to easily get away with it.

Love does not count wrong done to it
TO FORGIVE IS A GIFT OF LOVE AND LOVE IS GOD
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by noetic16(m): 12:46am On Jan 25, 2011
This thread displays a shallow understanding of God.
God is love but God did NOT forgive the devil or fallen angels. . . .neither did He forgive the Nephilim for their existence.

many times forgiveness is impossible because it has no basis. mr A wrongs and inflicts evil on mr B. mr A feels wronged and offended, yet he turns the other cheek and refuses to pay back evil for evil but cannot bring himself to relate to mr b. Mr B on the other hand cannot be bothered by the pains suffered due to the evil he did to mr A so he simply moves on to his next victim.

Mr B has not sought forgiveness and as such CANNOT get it. mr A has however moved on, committing all to God and loving his enemy by not avenging. there is nothing to forgive if the offender does not acknowledge their wrong. however as the offended, u should learn to turn the other cheek, leave vengeance to God and move on.

God is love, He is also a consuming fire and a God of judgement.
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by Krayola(m): 12:52am On Jan 25, 2011
noetic16:

God is love but God did NOT forgive the devil or fallen angels. . . .neither did He forgive the Nephilim for their existence.

many times forgiveness is impossible because it has no basis. mr A wrongs and inflicts evil on mr B. mr A feels wronged and offended, yet he turns the other cheek and refuses to pay back evil for evil but cannot bring himself to relate to mr b. Mr B on the other hand cannot be bothered by the pains suffered due to the evil he did to mr A so he simply moves on to his next victim.

Mr B has not sought forgiveness and as such CANNOT get it. mr A has however moved on, committing all to God and loving his enemy by not avenging. there is nothing to forgive if the offender does not acknowledge their wrong. however as the offended, u should learn to turn the other cheek, leave vengeance to God and move on.

God is love, He is also a consuming fire and a God of judgement.

Noetic16 is a deluded and confused olodo of a tolotolo  grin

Oya please forgive me nah. . Na devil push me . Abi u sef na consuming fire?  tongue
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by noetic16(m): 12:57am On Jan 25, 2011
Krayola:

Noetic16 is a deluded and confused olodo of a tolotolo  grin

Oya please forgive me nah. . Na devil push me . Abi u sef na consuming fire?  tongue
grin grin i cannot forgive u because u are lying on the devil cheesy
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by mabell: 10:14am On Jan 25, 2011
inedi:

forgive, forgive, its easer said than done, we know that Jesus thought in the bible that if your enemy offend you forgive, then his followers asked him, how many times will our enemies offend us and we will continue to forgive, and Jesus said seven x seventy that is about 490 times. and if you have to start counting your enemies offences till 490 times then you can nail them, then you too must be a devil. my question is this, Jesus teaching was based on your enemy, what about your loved ones, mother of father.

There will definitely not be left out
If we can love those that decided to make themselves our enemies, how much more our families and loved ones, we should love them much more
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by Demainman1: 11:45am On Jan 25, 2011
You talk about forgiveness as if it is that simple! Why then do the likes of MFM and the other pentecostal churches always pray that Fire should burn their enemies? Why? Abi forgiveness no dey their bible??

For so many of you, Na only to preach. You never practice it. Typical. Dat is why our society is awash with evil. Mcheeeeew.
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by simplymee: 7:33pm On Jan 25, 2011
this is a very serious matter as without forgiving anyone thats wronged u, u then would be hindering yourself from going forward as u cannot really act well anytime. It really makes u uncomfortable always when u come in contact with the one who u are angry with. LETS OPEN OUR HEART TO FORGIVE AND OUR PROGRESS WOULD BE EVIDENT FOR ALL TO SEE.
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by mabell: 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2011
Demain_man:

You talk about forgiveness as if it is that simple! Why then do the likes of MFM and the other pentecostal churches always pray that Fire should burn their enemies? Why? Abi forgiveness no dey their bible??

It is simple, though it might not be comfortable at first
Most times you might have to do it against your will
Why do we need to kill our enemies with fire when we can at the same time pray for them?
If we have freely recieved this gift, why then should it be hard to give this same gift?

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Romans 8:32 (KJV)
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by inedi: 9:39pm On Jan 25, 2011
pls i will like us to look at cases, maybe, we can realy look at forgiveness in contest when we have some cases, so what are the posible cases of forgiveness and the ones we can not forgive. thank you
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by inedi: 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2011
Demain_man:

For so many of you, Na only to preach. You never practice it. Typical. Dat is why our society is awash with evil. Mcheeeeew.

pls if you think forgiving someone is not that simple and easy as some have said, but can you pls tell an event that you think you can not forgive, because i whould want to agree that no matter what you can forgive, for every problem there is a solution, for every hurt there is healing which mean you can forgive and even forget.
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by Krayola(m): 9:56pm On Jan 25, 2011
noetic16:

grin grin i cannot forgive u because u are lying on the devil cheesy

haha. All your blessings are now officially blocked. My home boy Lucifer will show you pepper. U go see mummy u go call am daddy cool
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by Joagbaje(m): 12:16am On Jan 26, 2011
noetic16:

If they had asked for it, they would have recieved . Is there evidence that they asked for forgives?
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by noetic16(m): 12:47am On Jan 26, 2011
Joagbaje:

If they had asked for it, they would have recieved . Is there evidence that they asked for forgives?

did u read my post in full at all?
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by inedi: 3:59am On Jan 27, 2011
am still waiting for cases, thank you
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by inedi: 11:50pm On Jan 27, 2011
apaert from unforgiveness, there are other blessing blocker, like hattred, what do you havE to say?
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by mabell: 9:22am On Jan 28, 2011
malice, jealousy
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by nuella2(f): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2011
Gossip, greed, pride, idolatry,lying,
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by Flawless(f): 12:49am On Jan 29, 2011
What would you say to people that you keep forgiving but kept on offending you? Trust me there are some difficult people that seriously do not want to be forgiven. I find it so easy to forgive people and even apologise when they are in the wrong but I have learnt to realise that people sometime miss use this and there by take you for a fool. All I can say is that may God help us all cos some people are just the devil incarnate.
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by inedi: 6:26pm On Jan 29, 2011
Flawless:

What would you say to people that you keep forgiving but kept on offending you? Trust me there are some difficult people that seriously do not want to be forgiven. I find it so easy to forgive people and even apologise when they are in the wrong but I have learnt to realise that people sometime miss use this and there by take you for a fool. All I can say is that may God help us all cos some people are just the devil incarnate.

Jesus say you have to forgive, seven multiply seventy which about four huondred and ninety times (490) like i said for you to start counting till this amount so you can nail him or her, then you most be a devil
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by mabell: 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2011
Flawless:

just let go and let God
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by yommyuk: 10:37pm On Jan 30, 2011
Forgiveness must come from the heart. The Holy Spirit enable us to forgive generously. The ongoing work of Christ's followers parallels the work of Christ. Christ followers do not distribute and withdraw God's forgiveness on a whim, but they are to follow Jesus prompting through the Holy Spirit.

John 14:30-31

I do not have much more time to talk to you, because the ruler of this world approaches. He has no power over me, but I will do what the father requires of me, so that the world will know that I love the Father. Come, let's be going"

Who is the ruler of this world? Satan. Unforgiveness is satan's domain. But the Lord's domain is full of forgiveness. Ps 118 "His mercies endures forevermore" cool
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by inedi: 7:26am On Jan 31, 2011
yommyuk:

Forgiveness must come from the heart. The Holy Spirit enable us to forgive generously. The ongoing work of Christ's followers parallels the work of Christ. Christ followers do not distribute and withdraw God's forgiveness on a whim, but they are to follow Jesus prompting through the Holy Spirit.

John 14:30-31

I do not have much more time to talk to you, because the ruler of this world approaches. He has no power over me, but I will do what the father requires of me, so that the world will know that I love the Father. Come, let's be going"

Who is the ruler of this world? Satan. Unforgiveness is satan's domain. But the Lord's domain is full of forgiveness. Ps 118 "His mercies endures forevermore" cool

so what you are saying is that as a christain you most always forgive no matter what? this is our life as my father is so am i. thank you Jesus
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by yommyuk: 11:51pm On Jan 31, 2011
so what you are saying is that as a christain you most try to always forgive no matter what?

unforgiveness stores up bitterness in one's heart. The circumstances will determine the level of forgiveness. That is why we need the Holy Spirit to enable us to forgive no matter what.
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by inedi: 9:00pm On Feb 03, 2011
does an unbeliever have the capacity to forgive
Re: Unforgiveness, A Blessing Blocker by yommyuk: 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2011
does an unbeliever have the capacity to forgive

Why not? Don't all human beings have a conscience?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Untold Truth About Muhammad's Childhood / Why Does The Bible Allow Slave Owners To Beat Their Slaves? / Apostle Suleiman Gifts 26 Cars, 1 House & N2MM Cash To Celebrate Birthday (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.