Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,842 members, 7,828,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy (685 Views)

A’ibom Gov. Emmanuel Commends Buhari For Deepening Democracy / Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC / Nigeria Police Officers Honoured In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by Beaf: 4:38am On Jan 24, 2011
[size=14pt]Jonathan, others to be honoured in US•For deepening democracy[/size]
Written by Leon Usigbe, Abuja
Monday, 24 January 2011

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan is among four African leaders who are to be honoured in Chicago Illinois in the United States of America for their contributions to the deepening of democracy in their countries.

The others are Liberian President Helen Johnson-Sirleaf, President Bai Koroma of Sierra Leone, Gabonese leader; Ali Bongo and President Faure Gnassingbe of Togo.

The award which is being organised by the League of African- American Media Professionals in the United States is be conferred on the leaders as part of efforts to promote democracy and its institutions on the continent.

It is the first of such awards by the media professionals who target leaders that have consciously enhanced the democratic process and culture in their countries while in office.

The five leaders’ selection was based on a preliminary report submitted by a committee set up by the League to conduct a survey of worthy leaders on the continent.

According to a statement signed by Tim Spiff on behalf of the league, the initial report from the survey carried out over a period of time reflected the growing influence of these leaders in entrenching the democratic cultures in their respective countries while in office which is key in enhancing global peace.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/16551--jonathan-others-to-be-honoured-in-usfor-deepening-democracy
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by Kobojunkie: 4:42am On Jan 24, 2011
na wa ooo!!!! Make we see then. grin cheesy grin Which one be League of African- American Media Professionals again ooo??
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by johndoe200: 4:46am On Jan 24, 2011
^ You wan join?
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by fstranger1: 6:11am On Jan 24, 2011
odikwa is very very risky!
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by Nsiman(m): 6:12am On Jan 24, 2011
I think gej deserve it. Esp the manner he conducted the pdp presidential primary not minding if he's voted out and the moves taken to reconcile those that loose b4 the main election. Kudos to gej
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by Kobojunkie: 6:21am On Jan 24, 2011
First off . . . can anyone verify that the League of extraordinary gentlemen or whatever they are called even exists? Then, is it possible to get info on where this award is going to be given? For once person fit verify one of these so called awards that we never get details of except for what we read from some Nigerian newspapers.
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by rebranded(m): 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2011
grin grin grin I dey laugh o!

Which group is this one o. .wont i start a group too and dey Honor all these African Presidents that seek cheap publicity!
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2011
rebirth of the Renaissance professionals cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by jaygetta1: 1:39pm On Jan 25, 2011
The Justice League dey give out Awards. . . . I for like go maybe I go take style see Wonder Woman and Capt.America. These dumb awards are why these failures start thinking in their heads that they are doing a great job.
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2011
GEJ May God in his infinite mersy continue to bless you
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2011
Sorry Mercy!
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by 1025: 1:53pm On Jan 25, 2011
those imbeciles giving out the awards shld come and see how democratically nigerians are dying in 100s on daily basis. they shld look at the democratical accidents as a result of bad roads in a very rich country. they shld visit jos and other ungovernable states that represent the profits of democracy.
in the first instance, jonathan as a vice president/president is not a product of democracy.
pdp is not recognising opositions in all their dealings and one useless organisation from no where is talking abt democracy in nigeria.
our democracy under civil rule is the same or even worse than our military regimes.
with the inclussion of togolese president in the award, one can easily say that the group is made up of jokers. i wld rather ask that members of this forum go and read the history of the togolese president. how can someone relate democracy in a country son inherited presidency from his laate father?
it is a shame that things like these happen.
charity begins at home but for jonathan, charity begins from Chicago Illinois in the United States of America.
democracy my foot.
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by semid4lyfe(m): 2:01pm On Jan 25, 2011
A very well deserved award wink
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by blacksta(m): 2:01pm On Jan 25, 2011
Biggest Jokes of Century.  trust Nigerians - them don sell theirs souls to the devil  - Any opportunity to get a bite of National cake

Abacha too deepened democracy - in his own case  it was one president (Abacha) from all the political parties -  I have not seen anything deeper than that

Anyway sha  -  Myself and a group of dead body washers , Car washers and Security Guards  in the Uk have also decided to give Abacha award for not only deepening democracy but actually

breaking the foundations of Democracy in Nigeria  grin

Anybody here know how we fit reach Abacha - so we can give him his award and cheque of £5.00
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by blacksta(m): 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2011
1025:

those imbeciles giving out the awards shld come and see how democratically nigerians are dying in 100s on daily basis. they shld look at the democratical accidents as a result of bad roads in a very rich country. they shld visit jos and other ungovernable states that represent the profits of democracy.

Ol boy no wound me with laugh -
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by Mobinga: 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2011
blacksta:

Biggest Jokes of Century. trust Nigerians - them don sell theirs souls to the devil - Any opportunity to get a bite of National cake

Abacha too deepened democracy - in his own case it was one president (Abacha) from all the political parties - I have not seen anything deeper than that

Anyway sha - [size=15pt]Myself and a group of dead body washers , Car washers and Security Guards in the Uk have also decided to give Abacha award for not only deepening democracy but actually

breaking the foundations of Democracy in Nigeria
[/size] grin

Anybody here know how we fit reach Abacha - so we can give him his award and cheque of £5.00
blacksta:

Biggest Jokes of Century. trust Nigerians - them don sell theirs souls to the devil - Any opportunity to get a bite of National cake

Abacha too deepened democracy - in his own case it was one president (Abacha) from all the political parties - I have not seen anything deeper than that

Anyway sha - Myself and a group of dead body washers , Car washers and Security Guards in the Uk have also decided to give Abacha award for not only deepening democracy but actually

breaking the foundations of Democracy in Nigeria grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by Beaf: 2:42pm On Jan 25, 2011
blacksta:

[size=21pt]Anyway sha - Myself and a group of dead body washers[/size] , Car washers and Security Guards in the Uk have also decided to give Abacha award for not only deepening democracy but actually

breaking the foundations of Democracy in Nigeria grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Blood of Jesus! Holy Ghost Fire!!!
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by honeric01(m): 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2011
Hehehehehe, democracy? deepening democracy? what does that mean? are they talking about PDP democracy or Nigeria at large?

$7k per delegate democracy? hehehehehehe
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by 10cirenoh: 3:20pm On Jan 25, 2011
League of African- American Media Professionals? lol grin grin grin grin grin grin

How much did GEJ give them for transport? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by 1025: 3:58pm On Jan 25, 2011
come to think of it, why won't we take this organisation serious as they may be right. do u know that such organisations will never ever give awards to real men like the ghanian president or mandela or south africa?
ok, in nigeria, we have deepening darkness, deppening insecuirty, deepening religious riots, deepening bad roads, deepening bombs and suicide bombers, deepening one party system, deepening free madness in corruption, deepening shamelessness.
shame to the givers and recievers of awards whose ppl are suffering and dying of scarcity in the land of plenty.
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by violent(m): 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2011
Ha, this is interesting, some groups are already seeking presidential favors ahead of the general elections.

Abeg, me and my group {[b]I[/b]ntellectually [b]A[/b]cclaimed [b]B[/b]lack [b]D[/b]escendants [b]G[/b]roup}, wan give am nobel price for being African's most loyal man,  . . it's a rare thing for a single man to be loyal to his boss, his party, his country, and hear this,. . . .  even his wife
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by superboi(m): 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2011
So nay EYADEMA, BONGO, club Goodluck don join? grin grin I laugh in Ijaw grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by rasputinn(m): 5:30pm On Jan 25, 2011
Well GEJ deserves all the accolades
Re: Jonathan To Be Honoured In The US • For Deepening Democracy by Kobojunkie: 11:48pm On Jan 25, 2011
^^^^ Sure he does, even the made-up ones! grin

(1) (Reply)

Will Jonathan's Ambition Not Ruin This Country? / Who Can Fault This Logic? / Shari’ah States Seek Constitutional Amendment For Rights Of Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.