Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,707 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction (14326 Views)

So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
CHAPTER TEN
The minute she broke her fast in her room,the door opened,it was her Dad.He was on his long gown and spectacles.
"Come to my study"he ordered and turned.Clara immediately scuttled after him until they got to his private chambers.This room was the most dreaded in the whole rooms of the house,though it was never under lock but everyone avoided the room.This was the third time she was coming to this room.The first was on her tenth birthday when he called her there to educate her on puberty and adolescence,the second was the time was last six years when he called her to study the Bible quiz with him because of the upcoming bible competition she was to partake in which she won in a landslide victory over her mate to earn her the name`The Bishop Daughter'.
Here was the third time so she anxiously waited to know all it was about.
"Sit down"he ordered and gestured to a chair opposite him.She sat down quietly.The door opened and her mother entered into the room,she was holding a flat file in her hand.

3 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
*CONTINUED*
Her mother sat down beside her father who immediately cleared his throat.
"Semilore"he started.
"Sir"Clara immediately replied.
"I called you here to tell you who you truly are"He replied and gestured to his wife who immediately started"Semilore,i never thought i will give birth to you,i was sure i was on family planning contraceptive but yet you came because of your divine purpose on earth.On the 17th of October 1990,a white missionary Mrs Woodberry who your father was working with as a junior clergy at the then growing mission in Taraba called me to tell me i was going to give birth to a girl child whom God had seperated to himself.I never knew i was pregnant until three months after which i gave birth to you on 24th of August 1991.The woman told me you will be a medical doctor,she said God called you in the Medical ministry but here you are"Her mother paused.
"But i hate science subject and cant stand the sight of blood,i just love music so i decided to live for it"Clara defended.

4 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
*CONTINUED*
"Man proposes but God disposes.Mrs Woodberry gave me some papers which contained a story that i couldnt understand but now i am begginning to decipher its code.i will summarise it;It is about a lady who was given one small calabash but on her way to the market,she saw a bigger and beautiful calabash.The lady smashed her small ugly pot and used her whole fortune to get the bigger pot.She started heading towards home with the heavy calabash but tripped and fell.The calabash shattered into unpatchable pieces.This lady started crying,she had no pot and no money to get another new one.The story stopped here but Mrs Woodberry said the story did not end there yet she said such danger could be averted"Her mother ended.
"Think about this,the Lady is you.Goodbye"her father said finally.
Clara thanked them and left the room.At the dining area she met Folarin reading a Christian literature.He raised up his head from the book and smiled."it will pay you good if only you heed to what you heard"he added.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 1:17am On Jun 23, 2020
If only we listened to the admonitions of our parents and not tag them old school. At least for her, there was a premonition but I guess she might not listen.

1 Like

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Ann2012(f): 7:47am On Jun 23, 2020
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 23, 2020
*CONTINUED*
~~~
School resumed and Clara went back to school only to get a shocker that Dele was dead.She felt something essential left her.It was rumoured that he boarded a plane to Dubai for his holiday and birthday but the plane crashed.Everybody in school felt it,Dele was a reknown figure and his influence was always felt whenever he is present.
A lot of people came to commiserate with her because they all believed they were dating but she refuted their claim,she even went further to write it in the school weekly magazine that she was only a friend with no string attached to it.She knew a lot of people never believed her but she wasn't bothered since she was telling the truth.
She only attended his candle night and service of song but did not go for the burial right because she couldn't stand the sight of a dead body let alone Dele engulfed corpse.Dele's death was a huge loss to the school especially the student union government.
Since it was her third year she waved off his memory to face her studies

2 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 23, 2020
*CONTINUED*
Presently,she picked up her handbag and left the room after bidding her room mates goodbye.
It was approaching December again so this season was the most hectic time of her life.Her angelic voice made her popular so she was always invited for live shows and praise carol night.At the moment she had over ten invitation cards she was yet to meet its obligations.
She quickly boarded a bike immediately she came out of the school gate.She was to be at EKO hotel and suite to co-minister with Jason,her course mate.The bike dropped her at Maryland and she paid the fare.She looked for a taxi to take her straight to Victoria Island.She was in the taxi when she got a call from her elder brother Lanre who reside in Lagos.His voice was shaky and urgency pitched its tent on his baritone.The call was brief.
"Clara leave whatever you are doing and come home"
"But why"
"Your presence is needed"The line went dead immediately.
She asked the taxi to take her back to Maryland where she boarded bike to her school.

2 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 23, 2020
CHAPTER ELEVEN

She chattered a private taxi at an exorbitant price,money was not a problem but the matter at hand needed urgency.
She stopped at her house gate after the five hours night journey from Lagos to Ondo state.The gate was wide opened and crowd were in the compound,it was around 6:45am that morning.She alighted and paid the fares after bringing down her luggages down.She needed no soothsayer to tell her that one of her parent had kicked the bucket.She rushed into the sitting room and saw her mother crying uncontrollably,she was rolling on the floor.
"Dad is dead"Bro Lanre announced to Clara in tears.Clara could not bear the shock so she passed out.
She woke up on the hospital bed.She recognised the face around her,it was her four elder brothers and Pastor Isaac Aruwajoye the most senior pastor At Dunamis Assembly.She tried to get up but was held down by Brother Pelumi her eldest brother.
"you need rest"he said quietly.
"Thank God you are alive,this is the third day you fell into coma"Bros T said.

2 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Ann2012(f): 11:30am On Jun 23, 2020
May his soul rest in peace embarassed

1 Like

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2020
*CONTINUED*
Clara immediately bursted into tears.
"Its okay,its God wish that he leave now according to the book of Matthew 24:22,he is a saint who lived his life to the fullest"Pastor Isaac consoled.
"But why my dad?Cant God wait till he is old"Clara lamented.
"No one can question God but it is for the best.We should be happy he is resting at Abraham bsom right now"pastor Isaac replied.
"Where is mum"Clara asked.
"She is at home with the our extended families.We asked her not to come with us" Bro Pelumi replied.
Clara saw Folarin seating at the far end corner of the room,his eyes were swollen and he looked ego-beaten.
The doctor came in to check on her,soon she was discharged.
As soon as she got home,she met Her room mates and she ran to hug them anfd bursted into tears.Everybody was crying but her mother wailing was the loudest and heart rending because she was singing all her husband praises.
The church members too were in tears,no one was consoling each other.Bishop Beecroft was loved by all.

2 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
~CONTINUED~
The burial date was scheduled,money was not a problem so it was really a lavished one.people from far and near graced the occassion.Renowned men of God were in attendance.A lot of people who claimed they were trained by Bishop Beecroft sang his praises.Clara was suprised that her father had touched so many lives with his wealth.He was a televangelist and a lot claimed that they tapped from his wisdom.She was really proud of her father.She was called upon to render a song for her father and she sang`only rememberd by what you have done'.A lot were in tears because his life was a perfect example.It was that day Clara and her siblings knew their father had a school for the less privileged as some alleged that he sponsor them abroad to study.
The pastor pinioned on this man extra ordinary lifestyle to preach about salvation and the love of God that flowed to mankind through the death if Jesus Christ on the cross.A lot of souls were won after studying the lifestyle of Sixty two years old late Bishop.

2 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
*CONTINUED*
Some weeks later,the whole family was called to read his will.The will was a big shock to everyone in attendance.He willed sixty percent of his wealth to the needy and left only fourty percent for his family to share.Clara was alarmed when she saw that twenty percent of her father's wealth were willed to her and the remaining twenty were shared equally among her brothers.Her brothers were not angry at the will because it was clearly visible that they cared less of his assets.Brother Pelumi now owned his growing construction company,Brother Lanre also now run his own pharmaceutical company through his father's influence,Brother Folarin was not after material acquisition yet he was not broke-his opened a bank account where he stached millions in his name,Bros.T was a very wealth lawyer and also co-own a real estate company.Clara saw she was the only one lacking in the train of comfort hence her father willing assets worth over hundred million naira to her.
Her mother was no doubt a millionaire.

2 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2020
*CONTINUED*
It was concluded that Mrs Beecroft will not live in the house alone.So she moved to live permanently with Brother Lanre so that she could be closer to her business conglomerate.
Everything bounced back to normal when Brother Lanre declared he will be marrying a white Irish lady.He claimed it was God wish for him.It was celebration mood as everybody came together again to celebrate him.Clara who was now in her final year in school was chosen to be the chief bridesmaid.
Brother Lanre wedding was the talk on the island of Lagos.A lot of medical personalities were in attendance.The NAFDAC AND NDLEA executive were in attendance,the federal health minister was out of the country and so was represented by states health commissioners.The white Lady Uncle Lanre was getting married was Ireland ambassador so white expatriates and friends at the ceremony was out numbered.Mrs Beecroft was proud of her son as she was oppportuned to meet with those she felt will help expand her business horizon.

2 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 3:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
Thanks op. Couldn't get to read the new updates because of work and other things needing attention, but thankfully i was able to read all today... Thanks for ur consistent updates.

1 Like

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
CHAPTER TWELVE
After her final year,she was posted to Benue but she redeployed to Port hacourt to stay with her brother,Tunde.
She soon started her service at Rivers Boys High School where she was to teach music.
The school was at Obio-Akpor,so it was a bit farther from Bros.T house at Bonny Island.Bros.T have now moved to his two storey luxury mansion.
Bros.T decided to give her one of his cars to aid the distance.Though she was not a religious fanatic but she hated the lifestyle of her brother.He was smoking,his house was always filled with ladies and prostitutes.He was never home but was always clubbing round the clock.
She could not tell him because he will not heed besides she felt it was his private life and should not meddle in it.
~~~~~
As soon as she alighted from her car,some students all boys surrounded her to help with her mini luggage,she smiled as she watched them scuffled on whom to carry it.There were all Fresher Junior students.
"Let him carry it"she finally pointed to an unkept boy.

2 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
*CONTINUED*
She studied his quiet disposition,he was very handsome despite his unkept look.his uniforms were patched with off colour materials,his sandals was an antiquity but his socks were sparkling white,his faded blue shirt and short knicker were well ironed.
The three boys surrendered the bag to him,they quickly turned around and left.
She was attracted to him.
"What is your name"?she asked and started moving while he followed.
"Tamunotonye"the timid boy replied quietly.
"Thats too long"
"Call me Tonye for short,thats what my grandma calls me"He replied smartly.Clara love that charisma.
"I will settle for Tonye,its a nice name anyway but what does it mean"
"It means God favour or God's desire"
"And what tribe is that"she asked almost immediately.
"Ikwerre ma"he replied"ma i love your clothes,they fit you"he added and smiled broadly revealing the cute dimples settled on each cheek.Damn he was cute.
She tugged at her NYSC outfit and stamped her boot.
"Thank you Tonye,but work hard so you will wear it"

2 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2020
*CONTINUED*
"I wish to but my grandma cant afford it"He said sadly and his countenance dampened.
"But why"she asked and entered the staff room where she exchnged pleasantries as usual with all the teachers im the room.She turned and saw Tonye still standing with her bag,she quickly collected it and told him to return during recess time.As he turned to leave,a female teacher Mrs Nkechinyere stopped him
"hey you fool,i hope you did your assignment"she barked angrily.The boy was visibly shaking as he muttered "No ma,my grandma said she have no money to buy books".
It was as if hell was let loose as all the teacher mouthlashed him.Clara saw tears dropped down his cheeks so she called him to her table.
"How many books do you need"She asked as she reached for her purse.
"Sixteen ma"he replied sobbingly.
She brought one thousand naira notes"get sixteen new books".
He smiled broadly,he collected the money.He prostrated in tears and told her "thank you".
"Just get the books,but come back during break"she said finally

3 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
*CONTINUED*
Tonye came back during break,so Clara shared her food with him and watched him ate hungrily.
"So who are your parents"she asked immediately they finished eating.
"I dont know them but my grandma told me my mother her daughter died during my birth.My father died in a cult clash because he was a cultist"he replied innocently.
"I am so sorry for that,where is your grandma"Clara asked.
"She have been very ill and bedridden for weeks now"
"So how have you been coping"Petrified Clara asked.
"I work in any construction site where petty jobs like carrying of blocks is needed.I also hawk pepper during weekend.I have spent all my life saving and have accrued debt to buy drugs for my grandma yet her health keeps deteriorating"He said innocently.
Clara heart melted,some of female teachers were already sobbing.Tonye wss close to tears.
"How old are you"Mr.Emeke A male teacher asked.He was among those who mouthlashed him in the morning.
"I am eleven years sir"he replied as he let the tears dropped freely.

2 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Ann2012(f): 6:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Calenikan(m): 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
Nice story

1 Like

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
my number one fan,i sight u

1 Like

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
Lakesc:
Thanks op. Couldn't get to read the new updates because of work and other things needing attention, but thankfully i was able to read all today... Thanks for ur consistent updates.

my Pillar,i sight u

1 Like

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by xaviercasmir(m): 11:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
You are living up to your promise by updating frequently. Nice update . 👍👍👍

1 Like

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
xaviercasmir:
You are living up to your promise by updating frequently. Nice update . ���
Thank you.Padi mi
Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 6:37am On Jun 24, 2020
Thanks op... Clara redeployed to ph, seems she didn't hind to BrosT warning..

1 Like

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
After school,she drove straight to Elelenwo,obio/akpor where Tonye said they lived.The environs was very dirty and unkept.The aura depicted poverty.She packed her car in front of the dilapidated shack Tonye and his grandmother lived.They entered into the house and a strong putrid smell welcomed her.The bedridden old woman laid on the bed,a young woman was beside her feeding her a blackish substance in a cup.
Clara greeted and sat down on the antique bed.
"Good afternoon mama"she greeted and twitched her nose.
"Good evening gramdma.This is my teacher in school.She have a car and will take you to hospital"Tonye hovered around the bed.
"She dont need to.I am near my grave.I know she will come,she is the one God was telling me about"The grandma said in a shaky voice,her hand was trying to reach out for something.
"Mama why are you talking this way.You cant die now,Aunty Clara is here to take you to the hospital.She can afford it"Tonye said.
"Tamunotonye!strength is leaving me"the grandma said.

2 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Ayanfe29(f): 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2020
Ahn ahn, OP, why this short appetizer?

Thanks for the update though
Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by lahrra(f): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
Thanks for the update.
But e small sha oi.

1 Like

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2020
lahrra:
Thanks for the update. But e small sha oi.
Let me continue
Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2020
At age 11, he's working at construction sites? That got me tearing. Thanks Pre4 for the updates

1 Like

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
*CONTINUED*
"No grandma,you cant die now"Tonye was sobbing now.The old woman turned to Clara
"My daughter,God have told me to hand him over to you because you will need him in future".
The younger woman dropped the cup in which she was feeding the old woman with.Tonye was on his knees gently dragging the old woman leg.
"Grandma,you told me you will be at my graduation after university,you told me you will be the one to open the powerful hospital i will build in your name,you told me you will stay beside me while i go to get the stars under my arm.Grandma you wont go now"Tonye was crying.Clara heart melted as she was almost close to tears.She gently tugged at his shirt but he pulled her hands away and bursted into a song in ikwerre language.Clara noticed The other woman was wiping her face.Tonye voice was heart rending which had the ability to send tickle down the hearers spine.
"My daughter,i give Tonye to you,take care of him,God will use him to mend your shattered vessel"the grandma faded and died.

3 Likes

Re: ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
*CONTINUED*
At this point when it dawned on them that mama had gone over beyond.Tonye was uncontrollable now.He rolled and dashed himself on the floor.
"She was all i have"he was saying.
Clara noticed tears dropping down her cheek,she quickly wiped it off and tried to hold Tonye but he refused to be consoled.Neighbours who had the noise rushed inside.Some were shaking their head in pity.
Clara heard a man said"the witch is finally dead".She turned to face him but a women whispered to her that he was the landlord.Clara only stung him with an evil stare and stopped down to hold Tonye who was now singing.Though she could not understand what he was saying but she knew he was singing mama's praise.
"I will replace mama in your heart"She whispered into his ears.
"But grandma was there for me"he sobbed.
"I will be there for you"Clara replied.
"Grandma wont see me be a doctor she wanted me to be.I did not buy her thr car i promised her"Tonye said still sobbing.
"But she is no more"
"I wish to join her over there"

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nnedi Okorafor To Write Black Panther For Marvel / 10 Young Nigerian Poets You Should Be Reading In 2017. / Magical Attraction (A Romance Suspense Novelette By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.