Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised (2493 Views)

Why Do I Have An Anxiety Problem / 'I Ave The Sweetest P**sy In The World, It Is As Cold As Ice' - 22 Year Old Says / Lara Kudayisi: "I Had A Child At 19, 15 Abortions & 14 Heartbreaks, Now Married" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by paulolee(m): 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2020
sorry abt that oo
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Capernum: 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
raymondhillmimi:
This is no joke, in my previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/5888982/interstate-ban-curfew-getting-me

I mentioned the lockdown is causing me depression, some people said I'm not an introvert but this absolutely nothing to do with it. I'll explain, ave been getting heart palpitations since Feb or so, and I told it's normal and it will go away, but it continued for a long time, about 3 times a day initially to upto 9 times in 10 Mins. For those who don't know what it is, imagine your heart stops beating for a sec and continues, yes I know how is it possible to feel your heart beat? Well it stops you from breathing for a sec! That's how you know. Ave been taking Atenolol and I stopped taking them last week. I took it for 5 days Exactly 3 days after I stopped.

It continued again after 3 days I stopped taking them, but this time I completely ignored it and didn't care. So yesterday morning, while I was cleaning, I noticed it kept happening but I ignored it!

In the afternoon as I was working as usual, I received a phone call from my mom, and I stretched to reach my phone and suddenly I feel off the chair, I quickly answered the call, the next thing my heart started racing! I mean pounding like I was running from something, like oh God! I felt strength leaving me, my hands where trembling, hands cold, I felt like I was sinking to the floor! My sight was fading away, the only thing that came out of my mouth was "Blood of Jesus" God please don't let me die cry I kept repeating this word and my mom was praying. It stopped a bit, I started searching for the Atenolol but couldn't find it, I pored everything on the rack and then I found it, I swallowed a tablet without water then I rushed and unlocked my door just in case my family gets here.

I called my GF on video and she kept crying, her camera is bad but she can see me but I can't, the season continued, for 3 hours. When my family got here we drove to the hospital immediately and I was given 2 shorts of injection immediately, I don't know what they gave me but immediately I felt this peach.. Like blood flowed through my body instantly. I'll be running some tests today and I hope it's nothing serious, I'm not religious and I don't even go to church. But now I know I love my life and I'm not ready to die yet hahahahaha. Depression is real, please the lockdown restrictions should be lifted soon. Pray for me guys!

Forgive my typos, I'm typing this from my hospital bed.

Eventually, I have seen someone who understands what I went through and have been going through. Please permit me us to discuss on a closer level. Like whatsapp or something. I have been on 25mg of atenolol for 3 years over anxiety neurosis and generalized anxiety disorder.
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
The healing hand of Jesus will locate you amen✌️

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
PoliticallyInco:

Let me tell you something.

Please you must understand that you DO NOT KNOW HOW NOT TO WORRY. Regardless of being 3000 years old. As long as you inherited this mental faculty which has evolved over thousands of years. You don't.

Now you have explained further that it started with depression. Depression can lead to anxiety which leads to further depression.

And no, I will not tell you to calm down. I won't even tell you to stop worrying. Anxiety is not handled that way. Never. "Do not worry" mantra only makes you worry more. It simply feeds your brain that there is something to worry about which is worrying about worrying. Also, every human being worries and thinks about something. This is the truth. Yours is simply highly focused on this situation. When people tell you " do not worry" or "to stop worrying" or words like "calm down". It is annoying to hear in the situation. So far from it. My approach to anxiety is not to make you know that your perception on it is overhyped already.

You are feeding you anxiety by doing something and everything about it. When you think you want to get a panic attack you go exercising only will feed the anxiety cycle. This tells your brain again that something is wrong, when nothing actually is.

I do want to believe you are almost taking offense, hence. I will desist from discussing the matter further.

The thing about anxiety is this:

DO NOTHING!

However, the journey to learning how to do nothing is what people usually require assistance with.
I'm sorry if I lost it, really I am. Ave never been in this state before and it makes me so unstable. I took another injections this morning and I felt relieved immediately, my worries is I'm starting to feel like I need it everyday, once it's evening or early morning I start panicking. I told him I'm still having palpitations but he said I shouldn't worry about that for now and I'll be fine after treatment. I don't know how long I'll be taking the shorts, my arm hurts, this is the 5th time on the same arm. I'm the only one who understands how I feel, and all I want is my life back. Thanks for all your contributions, it makes me feel better trust me.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
Capernum:

Eventually, I have seen someone who understands what I went through and have been going through. Please permit me us to discuss on a closer level. Like whatsapp or something. I have been on 25mg of atenolol for 3 years over anxiety neurosis and generalized anxiety disorder.
Can we connect on whatsapp? Send me a dm I'll respond. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by ecstasy357(m): 10:11am On Jun 12, 2020
Surfondsystems:

No I don’t because I’m pretty sure that won’t happen now. I only pray I last long enough to see my children’s children perhaps and I know if managed properly one could still live a long and fruitful life.

However the case may be, death could knock on anyone’s door at anytime regardless of whatever ailments they are managing. We can only pray that when it does, it isn’t tragic but a peaceful passing.

You are strong. It will all end well
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 12, 2020
I have felt this way before, I did ecg twice, it says I am fine. but this palpitations keeps happening along with chest pain , but doc says it nothing. that my heart is fine. but it usually happens like a doom it's about to happen.. connect with me if you feel dis 08168825692
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
OP reply your email I messaged u already
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Jacqueline22(f): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
Was having something related to that before.
I was given an haloperidol injection, coupled with the same drugs.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Barzinime(m): 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
It is Oga and it has become a disorder
SirMichael1:
That's not an anxiety attack.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
Gokemranonymous:
OP reply your email I messaged u already
I replied.
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 13, 2020
Jacqueline22:
Was having something related to that before.
I was given an haloperidol injection, coupled with the same drugs.
How are your symptoms now? Did this happen while you where pregnant? Is so it's normal. I'm still battling this daily and it gets really worse at night when the drugs fade away so I go to bed early. One organisation I work for in the United States, I discussed this with the owner, she's a health professional and told me she suffered it for 10 years! She asked if I felt light-headed in the past which is true, accompanied by very low heart rate, around 48bps during rest. She said I should find iodine supplement asap, because depression makes your body use up alot of iodine to balance your hormones. I went around town looking for iodine in big pharmacies and no single store had it!
I spoke with a friend who lives in Abuja, she helped me check and found it. If I don't find it today I'll ask her to Waybill for me if possible, I don't know if the lockdown will make that difficult.

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 13, 2020
SirMichael1:
You have no idea, you think people just make stuff up and get injected 2 to 3 times daily for fun? It's your opinion anyway, no hard feelings.
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Jacqueline22(f): 5:58am On Jun 13, 2020
raymondhillmimi:
How are your symptoms now? Did this happen while you where pregnant? Is so it's normal. I'm still battling this daily and it gets really worse at night when the drugs fade away so I go to bed early. One organisation I work for in the United States, I discussed this with the owner, she's a health professional and told me she suffered it for 10 years! She asked if I felt light-headed in the past which is true, accompanied by very low heart rate, around 48bps during rest. She said I should find iodine supplement asap, because depression makes your body use up alot of iodine to balance your hormones. I went around town looking for iodine in big pharmacies and no single store had it!
I spoke with a friend who lives in Abuja, she helped me check and found it. If I don't find it today I'll ask her to Waybill for me if possible, I don't know if the lockdown will make that difficult.

3days after I gave birth mine started with panic attack. Which later resulted to postpartum depression. I’m still on drugs... but I’m very fine now.

My anxiety symptoms were:
Fast heartbeat
Cold feet and hands
Shaking legs
Extremely scared.

Till now I don’t experience them but my doctor has not yet cut me off from my drugs.. he said soon.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 13, 2020
Jacqueline22:

3days after I gave birth mine started with panic attack. Which later resulted to postpartum depression. I’m still on drugs... but I’m very fine now.

My anxiety symptoms were:
Fast heartbeat
Cold feet and hands
Shaking legs
Extremely scared.

Till now I don’t experience them but my doctor has not yet cut me off from my drugs.. he said soon.
I have all your symptoms, you literally had a panic attack? Wow! It must had been the most scary thing you've experienced ever. I was with someone yesterday, someone I just met for the first time and the nonsense started, I did some breathing exercises which helped and he didn't notice, I left immediately after. Now I have this phobia of being with people.

What medications are you taking?
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Jacqueline22(f): 6:50am On Jun 13, 2020
raymondhillmimi:
I have all your symptoms, you literally had a panic attack? Wow! It must had been the most scary thing you've experienced ever. I was with someone yesterday, someone I just met for the first time and the nonsense started, I did some breathing exercises which helped and he didn't notice, I left immediately after. Now I have this phobia of being with people.

What medications are you taking?

Haloperidol and some other drugs. You just don’t take antidepressants drugs without been prescribed to you by your doc.

For the symptoms then... I do take water and try every means to calm my nerves. Haloperidol makes me sleep so much, and makes me more relaxed.
I also do go out a lot and also get myself busy. It mostly happens when you are alone

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 13, 2020
Jacqueline22:

Haloperidol and some other drugs. You just don’t take antidepressants drugs without been prescribed to you by your doc.

For the symptoms then... I do take water and try every means to calm my nerves. Haloperidol makes me sleep so much, and makes me more relaxed.
I also do go out a lot and also get myself busy. It mostly happens when you are alone
Thanks for letting me know, I don't plan to take them without my doctors prescription, I just wanted to know. Glad you feel better, least I know I'll somehow get better too lol.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 15, 2020
Update on this, it seems to be an iodine deficiency after all. The American lady was right, I got the Kelp supplement and 2 days after taking it the anxiety and panic attacks stopped! Infact 2 hours after taking it, I was in complete control, for about 5 hours before the next panic attack. 2 days after, not even a single minute of anxiety! People really meet in life for a purpose, anyone with anxiety or panic attacks should please check test for iodine deficiency before you start consuming drugs you can't stop in your life.

Iodine is a mineral that is crucial for the body to be able to achieve hormone balance. Too low of it and your adrenalin hormones go out of control causing anxiety and panic attacks. Thank God I'm much better and I'll be stopping all injections today because what ever they are giving me is very addictive and feels like a medical hard drug.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by moscow406(m): 6:59am On Jun 15, 2020
SirMichael1:
At all, he better get his heart and blood circulation checked. Underlying problem.
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 15, 2020
moscow406:

At all, he better get his heart and blood circulation checked. Underlying problem.
Didn't I mention I went for tests? I'm the one with the problem, I know how I feel, went to the hospital, got checked, doctor said it's anaxity. You sit in your home and diagnose over the internet, some people self, Anyway you can read it upside down all you want.
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by moscow406(m): 9:05am On Jun 15, 2020
raymondhillmimi:
Didn't I mention I went for tests? I'm the one with the problem, I know how I feel, went to the hospital, got checked, doctor said it's anaxity. You sit in your home and diagnose over the internet, some people self, Anyway you can read it upside down all you want.
Calm down bros, since it's anxiety (not anaxity) you stressing over what I said would just put in more peril. Many diseases disguise as others, thankfully it's not your heart. Take care of yourself though especially your mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by asitis752: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2022
raymondhillmimi:
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 11, 2022
asitis752:
please bro how can I get this? How much did you get it then? I'm also in same situation now bro
I can't remember, I think it was like 6k or so. But it didn't work for me, infact I kept having panic attacks u till last 2 months. What worked for me? Plenty of sleep!

My mental health was in a bad state and I didn't know it, just make sure you do the necessary tests and if they don't find anything wrong with you please try sleeping and try not to worry about anything including the next panic attack. It was a nightmare but eventually I pulled through and so will you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Girls From Poor Home Broke Shame Guys? / Please Help!!! Can They Marry?? / Ladies Don't Open Your Legs Always, Use These Easy Methods To Get Any Amount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.