Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! (10292 Views)

"Imagine That" By Styl-Plus / P-square vs Styl-Plus / 2Face vs Styl-Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by jiggaz(m): 4:43pm On Jan 26, 2011
Basics007:

Some inaccuracies in the OP. Expressions was not their debut album. It was their sophomore and it was never a hit (though it was not a total flop also).
For the reason why they are dormant. I think apart from their refusal to come down to Lag,a lot has to do with their videos. Style+ dont put enough effort in their videos fact. As artistes like P square and Lagbaja will testify,videos sell albums a lot. Lagbaja released We Me and Abami in 2000 to a very lukewarm reception only for Konkobelow video to come out 2yrs later and a 2yr old album suddenly became the hottest thing around. Same goes for P square,those guys must be sellin more VCDs than Audio (remember Busy body remix?). Infact Style+ themselves should be a testament to the power of videos as i remember the huge demand for the Olufunmi videos back in the day only for them to start shootin insipid videos for their 2nd album. I remembered watchin Iya Basira videos and i was like WTF! And the rest were not really better.
Pls dont get me wrong,videos dont totally make the artiste but they surely lend a huge helpin hand. If not,why is MTV such a huge brand today?

Point of correction, d EXPRESSIONS album was their debut album. The Olufumni thing is not an album but a collection of singles which was about 4 in number. A standard album comprises of not less than 9 songs and dat is what's recognised at d International level. And who told u dat d Expressions album was not a hit? U dey Naija so? Singles like IMAGINE DAT, IYA BASIRA and DRIVE ME CRAZY RMX dat rocked from Lagos to Abuja to d East and down to PH. Abeg try update jor.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 26, 2011
what of tony tetuila
azaadus
w12-1 tracker originale
so na juju hol all of them scratches head
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Seun(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2011
It's all about the music. 2Face keeps coming up with [b]nice song[/b]s, that's why he's lasting.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by temmytanny(m): 5:12pm On Jan 26, 2011
how can they make it when they sit down in Abuja when there collegues are here in lagos making waves. lagos is the home of entertainment and not ABJ
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by GeorgeD1(m): 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2011
maybe they want to be singing for politricians! grin
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by MMM2(m): 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2011
guy
na TURN by TURN may be dere turn don pass
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by johnjoel(m): 6:03pm On Jan 26, 2011
they were good but now they are out track,even the 4th album didn't make inpact, in d market.men they don fade abeg
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by segunjowo(m): 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2011
Probably shocked
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by semid4lyfe(m): 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2011
Styl Plus? Those guys are so out of circulation undecided

Can't believe it was just yesterday they were dropping hits like olufunmi, call my name, run away, stay alive etc. My advice for them is to meet Dbanj, 2face or P-Square and ask to be introduced to their babalawos grin grin grin
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Basics007: 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2011
jiggaz:

Point of correction, d EXPRESSIONS album was their debut album. The Olufumni thing is not an album but a collection of singles which was about 4 in number. A standard album comprises of not less than 9 songs and dat is what's recognised at d International level. And who told u dat d Expressions album was not a hit? U dey Naija so? Singles like IMAGINE DAT, IYA BASIRA and DRIVE ME CRAZY RMX dat rocked from Lagos to Abuja to d East and down to PH. Abeg try update jor.
I dont know what u mean by a standard album being at least 9 tracks. So b'cos an album has 5tracks it's not an album? I wish the experts can clarify this but i'm pretty sure i bought a Style+ Cd in 2003/04 with Olufunmi and the rest in it and with the Style+ imprint at the back duly marketed by Tjoe. So if that aint an album *shrugs*.
As for whether Expressions is a hit or not it's all based on ur objectivity in assessin what constitutes a hit or not. Unfortunately we dont have a Billboard chat or something in Naija
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by playboy19(m): 6:43pm On Jan 26, 2011
Well, change is the name of game. Things changes and if you can't catch the wave, you might drown. Another thing is packaging, those boys no dey package themselves well. You go ever see dem for clubs in ABJ drinking around like kids and the first rule of good packing is "Knowing Yourself". Dem no know the kind image wey dem don build for themselves, hence dem dey do like just anybody. So people no take them serious again.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by fredoooooo: 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2011
M M M:

guy
na TURN by TURN may be dere turn don pass

nice one jare , that was their time , others have today while another people will be there tomorow , thank God they have things to fallback to
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Xfactoria: 7:02pm On Jan 26, 2011
Their problem is that they have refused to change their style and do more of party jams. I do not think it is so much of the location thing even though that tells a bit. No matter the location of the artists, albums like Dj Zeez's 4kasibe will sell from anywhere.

They tried to change a bit by doing "Imagine dat" and that brought them back to people's consciousness but they seem unable to keep up with dat. Naija music lovers like danceable songs, party jams and all. Any good melodious sound with nonsense lyrics in this category will sell. Take a look at X-Project's "Sisi Ologe" and check out Tuface's rejuvenation in his new album with "Implication" and all. They are fast party-jam like. That is the same reason D-Banj and Mo-hits have remained in people's consciousness. They sing all kind of genres as long as they make people shake body and rock.

Styl Plus has got talents - their good voices and cool videos but it doesn't stop at that. I think they need to strive to meet the expectation of the market and maybe first understand the market better. Naija market is for hip-pop and not so much for R & B.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by dayokanu(m): 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2011
The same jazz that was used on DMX, Patra, Ja rule, Craig David, Ma$e, Da brat, Foxy Brown etc
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by chika98: 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2011
dayokanu:

The same jazz that was used on DMX, Patra, Ja rule, Craig David, Ma$e, Da brat, Foxy Brown etc

No be Jazz do him. Na P.Diddy aka Career killer
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by dayokanu(m): 8:48pm On Jan 26, 2011
Na different ways Jazz dey take come. Maybe in form of a career killer, By a black owl or by a black cat at night
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by chika98: 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2011
Okay that humor flew over your head.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by dayokanu(m): 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2011
I was focusing more on your body to care what fiels over my head kiss kiss kiss
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by vislabraye(m): 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2011
They need serious rebranding. Meet the right people, make some noise. etc
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by lightheart(m): 11:09pm On Jan 26, 2011
, and I seriously warned them about iya basirat!!
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Mcleo007(m): 11:39pm On Jan 26, 2011
Whether we like or not, those guys are one of naija's all time finest. Their singing tempo, voice fusion and style will take the lead for them anytime, any day. I think to get back on track, and re-register their presence, they need to re-strategise and come up with a master plan that applies with the modern day naija music business. They still got game, and a tight one at that! cool cool cool cool Looking back at that soulful song "RUNAWAY". That song helped me win one chick that was proving hard to get back then.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by wandyvirus(m): 11:43pm On Jan 26, 2011
X-factoria:

Their problem is that they have refused to change their style and do more of party jams. I do not think it is so much of the location thing even though that tells a bit. No matter the location of the artists, albums like Dj Zeez's 4kasibe will sell from anywhere.

They tried to change a bit by doing "Imagine dat" and that brought them back to people's consciousness but they seem unable to keep up with dat. Naija music lovers like danceable songs, party jams and all. Any good melodious sound with nonsense lyrics in this category will sell. Take a look at X-Project's "Sisi Ologe" and check out Tuface's rejuvenation in his new album with "Implication" and all. They are fast party-jam like. That is the same reason D-Banj and Mo-hits have remained in people's consciousness. They sing all kind of genres as long as they make people shake body and rock.

Styl Plus has got talents - their good voices and cool videos but it doesn't stop at that. I think they need to strive to meet the expectation of the market and maybe first understand the market better. Naija market is for hip-pop and not so much for R & B.
Party Jamz? How come we all fell for Asa's "Asha" and anticipated her sophomore album?What party 'Jamz' did we hear in "jailer" and "Binbanke"? Did Dare's debut album hit the parties? Yet he is a force to reckon with in this industry.Should i mention 2face who's neo-African genre mixed with western contemporary beats constantly gets us bopping our heads? It's either that or we are caught reflecting on his deep sublime lyrics.Should i mention M.I who has redefined rap and taken the art to a whole new level? His raps are not necessarily "party jams",yet they rock parties and they get a 60yr-old man saying 'this guy is making a lot of sense'(for the lines in craze).
For people like you who think the gibberish doled out on us for close to 2yrs by Terry G and co was music, then i wonder how you got out of school and what your influences are.The reason any one will be talking about Style Plus here is,as many intelligent minds here agree,they made GOOD music and it is a surprise why they are not on the scene now that the AY.com,Timaya,Terry G nonsense has cleared.Please go read a lot of the post here and you'll see what you can learn from people who know what good music is.Stop this it-must-be-a-party-jam-to-be-good nonsense.Get a brain and comment like someone whose parents spent money on educating.I am learning from the posts here.Nonsense!
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by mrofficial(m): 12:11am On Jan 27, 2011
In their last album, I expected them to promote BABY MO instead of READY TO GO. The song READY TO GO sucks.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by playboy19(m): 12:15am On Jan 27, 2011
Hey Sunky, oh my bad, whats your name? I think you have taken this issue too personally. The guy was only giving them his 2 cent, perhaps if they try it, it just might bring them back since they have tried their best with their good lyrics and everything but yet they fail. So take a glass of water and don't beat yourself up too much over another people's matter. Oh, except I was correct was the name "Sunky"
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Jenifa1: 12:18am On Jan 27, 2011
Check out their new single. It's really good.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-591026.0.html
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by CGKing(m): 12:39am On Jan 27, 2011
Well i think, no matter how good or talented one is, u just need some form of connection. Society na who know who. They should have hooked up with a prominent label and get into the circle. I think they thought their nice voices and talents alone will sell them. Its either they got connected to the peeps running the show or better still got connect to God
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by mbanusick(m): 2:05am On Jan 27, 2011
Maybe they are just Preparing an Unforgettable Hit , you never can tell.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by bigfat: 3:59am On Jan 27, 2011
really where are they ?
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Basics007: 5:57am On Jan 27, 2011
wandyvirus:

Party Jamz? How come we all fell for Asa's "Asha" and anticipated her sophomore album?What party 'Jamz' did we hear in "jailer" and "Binbanke"? Did Dare's debut album hit the parties? Yet he is a force to reckon with in this industry.Should i mention 2face who's neo-African genre mixed with western contemporary beats constantly gets us bopping our heads? It's either that or we are caught reflecting on his deep sublime lyrics.Should i mention M.I who has redefined rap and taken the art to a whole new level? His raps are not necessarily "party jams",yet they rock parties and they get a 60yr-old man saying 'this guy is making a lot of sense'(for the lines in craze).
For people like you who think the gibberish doled out on us for close to 2yrs by Terry G and co was music, then i wonder how you got out of school and what your influences are.The reason any one will be talking about Style Plus here is,as many intelligent minds here agree,they made GOOD music and it is a surprise why they are not on the scene now that the AY.com,Timaya,Terry G nonsense has cleared.Please go read a lot of the post here and you'll see what you can learn from people who know what good music is.Stop this it-must-be-a-party-jam-to-be-good nonsense.Get a brain and comment like someone whose parents spent money on educating.I am learning from the posts here.Nonsense!
All of this comin from ur 1st post on NL! U specifically took up a new id in order to pour vituperations on some1 who was merely expressin his opinion. U really must be Sunky as some1 said
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Basics007: 5:57am On Jan 27, 2011
wandyvirus:

All of this comin from ur 1st post on NL! U specifically took up a new id in order to pour vituperations on some1 who was merely expressin his opinion. U really must be Sunky as some1 said
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by shilling(f): 7:14am On Jan 27, 2011
I agree with most pple who say that they're lazy. I believe they have what it takes to make a comeback, they just need to surround themselves with the right group of people.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by wandyvirus(m): 7:34am On Jan 27, 2011
playboy19:

Hey Sunky,  oh my bad, whats your name? I think you have taken this issue too personally. The guy was only giving them his 2 cent, perhaps if they try it, it just might bring them back since they have tried their best with their good lyrics and everything but yet they fail. So take a glass of water and don't beat yourself up too much over another people's matter. Oh,  except I was correct was the name "Sunky"
Alright,OK. I just don't get it when people say party jamz are it.That stuff dragged us back so badly.Thanks
Basics007:

All of this comin from your 1st post on NL! U specifically took up a new id in order to pour vituperation on some1 who was merely expressin his opinion. U really must be Sunky as some1 said
Na not my first post.You are right but no i am not skunky.I was ayowande but the ID kept failing.No i was not vituperating or anything like that.I don't know your orientation at all but it rankles me to no end when i meet the AY.com kind of people.Nigerian music evolved and got to a stage where you always expected it to get better(from the african queen era,the busybody era) only to see it slide down so badly that foreign sounds got a ground here.I am not against party Jams, for crying out loud "enter the place" and "implication" are serious party jamz! P-SQ will always do party jamz.So the point is don't drag styl plus down that lane.They veered from what they are know for to the so called "party jamz"("imagine" that was their first attempt and that mentality worked against them just like Mikel Obi's defensive mentality is robbing him of his attacking talents) Djinee is still here and making waves,GT is still here,Asa is still here,Dare(now darey) is still here.Stay true to your calling and don't play to the gallery.Do you thing and be true to it.Banky is still here.So many minds have commented here and i respect all of them.
@X-factoria:Please accept my Sincere apology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade / Watch Official VIDEO| D’banj – Emergency / Pls Where Can I Download Some Foreign Old Skool Blues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.