Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! (10293 Views)

"Imagine That" By Styl-Plus / P-square vs Styl-Plus / 2Face vs Styl-Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by JacobReamen(m): 7:57am On Jan 27, 2011
I have thought of dis 2 cos it's quite long the group it lost fame.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by tfaj(m): 8:37am On Jan 27, 2011
Just a Nigerian syndrome, people, things and institutions start well, and begin to go downhill after a while
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by babslepe: 8:42am On Jan 27, 2011
from the little i know about music most musicians feature in other peoples songs and tracks but i have not seen any song in which style plus featured i think this is one of their problems also nigerian musicians should learn that everyone cannot be a star most of this upcoming artiste should try to sell some of their songs to those that have a name and i think they stand a better chance then cause i believe anybody would want to listen to any song by tuface ,MI and others
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Xfactoria: 8:43am On Jan 27, 2011
wandyvirus:

Alright,OK. I just don't get it when people say party jamz are it.That stuff dragged us back so badly.ThanksNa not my first post.You are right but no i am not skunky.I was ayowande but the ID kept failing.No i was not vituperating or anything like that.I don't know your orientation at all but it rankles me to no end when i meet the AY.com kind of people.Nigerian music evolved and got to a stage where you always expected it to get better(from the african queen era,the busybody era) only to see it slide down so badly that foreign sounds got a ground here.I am not against party Jams, for crying out loud "enter the place" and "implication" are serious party jamz! P-SQ will always do party jamz.So the point is don't drag styl plus down that lane.They veered from what they are know for to the so called "party jamz"("imagine" that was their first attempt and that mentality worked against them just like Mikel Obi's defensive mentality is robbing him of his attacking talents) Djinee is still here and making waves,GT is still here,Asa is still here,Dare(now darey) is still here.Stay true to your calling and don't play to the gallery.Do you thing and be true to it.Banky is still here.So many minds have commented here and i respect all of them.
@X-factoria:Please accept my Sincere apology.  

Its ok guy, no offence. This is nairaland, shit happens here!

That said, if you re-read my post, I also referred to most party jamz as nonsense. But that will not deny the fact that that is what sells most. How many Ashas do we have in the music industry? You mentioned Dare Art Alade. Does Dare stick to a particular genre? He sings all sorts too. His style is undefined.

Lets go to the international scene. Many R & B artists in the US still try to do party jamz once in a while because thats what makes you get to the crowd easily.

Style Plus need to add those nonsense once in a while. They should borrow a leaf from R. Kelly, D-Banj, P-Square, 9ice, Tu Baba et al.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by eghost247(m): 10:33am On Jan 27, 2011
Simple they ran out of style
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by mikuz(m): 10:37am On Jan 27, 2011
The stylplus of 2004,2006 is not the stylplus of today again. They just couldn't keep up with the heat of the industry anymore.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Donchuks48(m): 11:00am On Jan 27, 2011
[b][/b][/color][color=#550000] shocked main i don't what really happen to them all we naija is life to go on no bi so [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by bisiaet: 11:30am On Jan 27, 2011
I dont think no one Jazzed them I guess they jazzed themselves because of lack of wisdom and vision. In entertaimnet world their ia always a place called an entertainment centre or base I mean where it is "happening", Lagos is the base of the entertainment industry in Nigeria is either we belief it or not it is a fact and this is where most of this guys stay, see each other, rapour together, connect together easily BUT when someone out of ignorant say he or she want to stay out of real touch with guys in the same industry no doubt about it he will fail and become a lone ranger.

An advise was given to them before but they ignore it Abuja is a base for govt. seat, a base for administrative stuffs, a base to seek political connection BUT not and never a base for entertainment so I think is their cup of tea anyway.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Ranoscky(m): 11:58am On Jan 27, 2011
Styl plus ko, method minus ni. . .next pls!
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by playboy19(m): 11:59am On Jan 27, 2011
I think they confused "Patronage of Entertainment" with "Manufacturing of Entertainment". It is no doubt that Abuja patronises entertainment than any city in Nigeria. It is only in Abuja you will find that "ALL" the clubs runs Monday-Monday and are always full to the teeth all night of the week but that should not be confused with the real manufacturing house of Entertainment which is Lagos.

If they are serious enough about their career (that is, if they take it as a career anyway), they should move to lagos. M.I did, P-Square did, all the big stars did. Majority of them even came in from abroad, D'Banj and Jazzy, Banky, Eldee to name a few and these are people making it in the industry now and that's seriousness. Even in America before the successful advent of coast-oriented genre like Crunk and all that, all the big stars had to move from where ever they to New York and the ones in the movie industry must move to Hollywood, as simple as that.

Enough said, its left to them.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by 04kaa: 12:10pm On Jan 27, 2011
playboy19:

If they are serious enough about their career (that is, if they take it as a career anyway), they should move to lagos. M.I did, P-Square did, all the big stars did. Majority of them even came in from abroad, D'Banj and Jazzy, Banky, Eldee to name a few and these are people making it in the industry now and that's seriousness. Even in America before the successful advent of coast-oriented genre like Crunk and all that, all the big stars had to move from where ever they to New York and the ones in the movie industry must move to Hollywood, as simple as that.

Enough said, its left to them.

real talk, u have said it all, lagos is the music capital
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Ministerra: 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2011
Nobody jazzed them anything. They just need a change of everything from location to management. The mountain can't come to mohammed now, let them ask their mates. You can't be a laundry man and hate the sight of water.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Ranoscky(m): 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2011
Make dem dey for north dia dey sing "everybody move your body now" for all the malams wey dey sale gworo! grin
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by GeorgeD1(m): 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2011
mallam wey dey sell goro no sabi dance? grin
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by GeorgeD1(m): 1:34pm On Jan 27, 2011
wink  ;d
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by playboy19(m): 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2011
Mallam wey dey sell gworo sabi dance but na Dan Maria dem wan dance, no be "4 years don waka"

Although dem been like "Gongo Aso" when it was raving, you go hear dem Ahjia saying "Gbongbo Aso, Gbongbo Aso" na the only thing wey dem sabi for the song be that "gbongbo aso"
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by spikedcylinder: 2:25pm On Jan 27, 2011
Did someone just say Ay.com sings rubbish and Style plus sings good songs? On which planet?
Which of Styl plus' lyrics differentiate from the mainstream songs we get these days?
A jam is a jam, relative to the ears. undecided
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Lopezdee1: 3:09pm On Jan 27, 2011
For me their problem is due to 2 major issues

1. Their video quality is nothing to write home about. believe it or not musical videos have their ways of imprinting songs in our memories and when you are put off by a musical video, sometimes it hard to like the track for which the video has been short (run away comes to my mind).

2. They need to be more versatile in thier delivery. At the moment they are very predictable and when you listen to their album,.one tends to get bore easily because the songs, beat and vocal style all sound thesame, I guess it's because they work with thesame producer who's not capable of giving them different sound in each of their tracks

No doubt those guys are MASSIVELY talent (even more than the likes of p square and dbanj in my view), but they really need to step their game up and I believe relocating to lagos has got very little to with success in music as far as album is concern but maybe in the area of corporate sponsorship and concert then Lagos is the place to be.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by kokoye(m): 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2011
t_faj:

Just a Nigerian syndrome, people, things and institutions start well, and begin to go downhill after a while

Nigerian syndrome ke very dumb post.

what goes up will surely come down someday. Simple. Regardless of the situation.

The timeline depends on how much effort you put in and a stroke of luck.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by GeorgeD1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 27, 2011
its not only in naija that musicians lose their style ooooo!
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Chib4u: 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2011
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2011
I liked their "Call my name"
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by babafrayo1: 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2011
guys it is not easy like psquare said let them go back to the drawing board and refresh themselves i think when they come back sanctify they will make it, lol
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by marcus1234: 9:15pm On Jan 27, 2011
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Abahjoey: 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2011
They need to go solo. point blank undecided
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Lukman2010: 5:37am On Jan 28, 2011
so it mean dez shld come to lagoz ane b hw music is goin nt ABUJA!!!
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by kcjazz(m): 6:51am On Jan 28, 2011
Funny how people mention Lagos as if when they released Olufunmi, they were in Idumota. Location is not a problem with a good distribution and management system. Asa does not live in Lagos but she still sells and attends shows. Styl Plus is like any other music group, it takes a lot of discipline for a group to be at the top except you are the Beetles or Rolling stones. At some point members can become divided based on their art direction, that I feel is the problem they have.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by Mcleo007(m): 8:23am On Jan 28, 2011
kcjazz:

Funny how people mention Lagos as if when they released Olufunmi, they were in Idumota. Location is not a problem with a good distribution and management system. Asa does not live in Lagos but she still sells and attends shows. Styl Plus is like any other music group, it takes a lot of discipline for a group to be at the top except you are the Beetles or Rolling stones. At some point members can become divided based on their art direction, that I feel is the problem they have.

I quite agree with you on a fair note, but then, in an industry of this kind(music), peculiarity is not always the same. Success has no universal standard, and like i said in an earlier comment, the problem is duly on lack of investment and vision by the stake-holders in the business, which is why piracy can not be done away with. Location plays a great deal in business. You can't run a good farm (growing crops on commercial scale)business in a city like lagos, just like you can't launch an acting career in your village. You need to move to where things are happening and the people involved are concentrated. By that, you get a good understanding of how the game is officiated, and the opportunities get open for u to exploit. Eminem moved from Detroit to LA.
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by pheesayor(m): 8:47am On Jan 28, 2011
Abahjoey:

They need to go solo. point blank undecided

Are you JOEY? One of their Ex-Managers?
Re: Styl Plus Must Have Been *jazzed* With Juju! by kcjazz(m): 1:53pm On Jan 28, 2011
Mcleo007:

I quite agree with you on a fair note, but then, in an industry of this kind(music), peculiarity is not always the same. Success has no universal standard, and like i said in an earlier comment, the problem is duly on lack of investment and vision by the stake-holders in the business, which is why piracy can not be done away with. Location plays a great deal in business. You can't run a good farm (growing crops on commercial scale)business in a city like lagos, just like you can't launch an acting career in your village. You need to move to where things are happening and the people involved are concentrated. By that, you get a good understanding of how the game is officiated, and the opportunities get open for u to exploit. Eminem moved from Detroit to LA.

I sincerely don't believe that in this case location is a problem for them since their first album still sold when they operated in Abuja. Distribution is the key. Its the same reason why 51 Upper Iweka is the hub for Nollywood movies, no one does movies in Onitsha. I feel their problem is internal commitment and professionalism. Remember Plantashun boys? Kush? They were based in Lagos but at some point every one went there own way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Nigerian Albums Of The Decade / Watch Official VIDEO| D’banj – Emergency / Pls Where Can I Download Some Foreign Old Skool Blues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.