Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,721 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Where Do We Go When We Die? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Do We Go When We Die? (4153 Views)

When We Die! / We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire / What Happens When We Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Do We Go When We Die? by Drusilla(f): 7:16am On Jun 24, 2007
ajadrage:

The day is coming when all go realise the truism of this statement, "the living are conscious of events, but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all". But what happens when we die, close your eyes and ears, you see that darkness, that emptiness, that nothingness, that is death for you. Absolutely nothingness until the dead hear the call

Finally peace and quiet. The bible calls death a "rest", calls it sleep 13 times in the NT.

I too believe that we await the resurrection before we join the Lord.

Yet since "we know nothing in death", I believe the time span between death and our meeting the Lord is "a twinkling of an eye", because we did not know we had been dead for however long until the resurrection. We just die and instantaneously wake up with the Lord, on resurrection day.
Re: Where Do We Go When We Die? by stimulus(m): 11:10pm On Jun 30, 2007
The one thing that i'd like to ask is:

Since we know that death is described as 'rest' and 'sleep', does that not clearly demonstrate that the soul does not become non-existent at death?
Re: Where Do We Go When We Die? by Jen33(m): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2007
The words, May His Soul Rest In Peace constitute the most blatant example of our cluelessness and ignorance regarding the nature of the afterlife.

This cluelessness came about with the introduction of christianity and islam. Prior to these false religions, we knew that the soul survived death and went on to live a fullfilled existence in eternity - NOT TO REST IN PEACE.

This is why in traditional Africa all the way back to ancient Egypt, our people buried their dead with a variety of appurtenances to facilitate a comfortable stay in the world beyond.

Rather than the soul going to ''sleep'' or to ''rest in peace'' as christianity and islam have brainwashed us into believing, the soul is moving on to a FULLER EXISTENCE, teaming with learning and leisure of a type and scope unknown on earth.
Re: Where Do We Go When We Die? by tamj(f): 7:08am On Jul 29, 2007
I lost a daughter several years ago, and although I have always known death is possible at anytime for anyone, it never dawned on me to question or really think of the afterlife or where we wait until judgement day, until my dauthers passing. 

I have always held on to the verses from Luke 16:22-23 ~ And it came to pass, that the beggar dies, and was carraied by the angels to Abraham's bosom, the rich man also died and was buried, and in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments and seeth Abraham from afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 

It always brought comfort to me to know my Gwennie was safe in Abraham's bosom, and not in the ground waiting on judgement day, how could she be judged after all, she was only 14 hours old,
Re: Where Do We Go When We Die? by MP007(m): 11:32am On Jul 29, 2007
u can get the answer to ur question faster than u can imagine, just simply kill urself grin grin grin, u will sure find out
Re: Where Do We Go When We Die? by doyenn(m): 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2007
After dealth and burried,we'll remain in a place called "Barisaku". All of us remain there till the day we'll enter into the grave. all of us are entering the grave the same time because we're all created all at the same time even with Adams. So no one is older than the other in age but Adam and others came to this world b4 us,why?find out.

After entering the grave,we'll all spend a thousand yrs there,some people wld use this 1000yrs to serve there part 1 punishment while the good one wld enjoy for that 1000yrs. note,a yr is not our own calender yr.

There are lots ahead of us,so pls do the best you can in worshipping God.
Re: Where Do We Go When We Die? by otuwe(f): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2007
tamj:

It always brought comfort to me to know my Gwennie was safe in Abraham's bosom, and not in the ground waiting on judgement day, how could she be judged after all, she was only 14 hours old,

this should be enough evidence that there is reincarnation.

she has prpbably be redeemed just by coming to this earthlife for just 14hrs based on what she did in her former earthlife. you also have something to reap by losing ur 14yr old daughter.
maybe in ur former life u caused the dirth of a 14hrs old baby so u came to this earthlife to reap dat which u sowed in ur former earthlife.
or maybe in her former life she killed a 14hrs old baby so she had to come to this earthlife as a baby and live for 14hrs so she wud know the pain she caused the other in her former earthlife.

[size=18pt] *just my analysis though. it is not exact oh*[/size]
Re: Where Do We Go When We Die? by pilgrim1(f): 5:50pm On Jul 30, 2007
tamj:

I lost a daughter several years ago, and although I have always known death is possible at anytime for anyone, it never dawned on me to question or really think of the afterlife or where we wait until judgement day, until my dauthers passing.

I'm sorry to read about that incident. But I can rejoice to know that you're comforted afterall. God bless.
Re: Where Do We Go When We Die? by pilgrim1(f): 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2007
otuwe:

this should be enough evidence that there is reincarnation.

[size=14pt] *just my analysis though. it is not exact oh*[/size]

If it was not that you shouted it was just your analysis, I would have been sharpening my literary knife still. grin
Re: Where Do We Go When We Die? by Horus(m): 10:21am On Aug 11, 2007
When death actually occurs, the soul accompanied by the astral body departs from the physical body, to spare its 1000-year life. It travels to different planes according to its [b]gadur, meaning "fate." [/b]The results of good gadur may be the enjoyment of heavenly surroundings, while negative gadur earns unpleasant experiences beyond the physical plane.
After leaving physical life, the soul's experiences correspond to the after-life he or she has come to expect. The plane to which the soul travels is most influenced by the last thought, prior to death which is determined by the types of thought, which predominate throughout a person's life. There can be no doubt that heaven and hell exist, both here and elsewhere although these are as much a state of mind as a solid reality.
An Enosite (mortal) who has been selfish, greedy or brutal in his or her dealings with his or her fellows will exist on a lower plane where they must face the memory, and the gadur effect of those deeds.
One who has lived a virtuous life travels to a higher plane to other planets, where the soul will have to think of that which it wants, and to desire will automatically manifest from his or her thoughts.
But those who have transcended the idea of heaven rewards, who overstand the nature of birth and rebirth, and no longer wishes to partake of the endless round of material pleasures and pains, travel to even higher planes on to other worlds. There everything is of a purer and lighter vibration. There is still pleasure, for these souls will have accumulated much agreeable gadur. However, the experience is a learning one. This is the working of the mind.
Re: Where Do We Go When We Die? by ajadrage: 10:15am On Dec 04, 2007
The soul is the physical created body of any living thing in existence and is not an abstract term. It is the soul that dies along with the consciousness of the individual being. The spirit that animayes the soul is the property of the creator that was borrowed to us to give us life, at death it goes back to the owner.

This is akin to a memory of us that dwells with the father and it is at his own prerogative that he gives it back a body at the ressurection, either to a judgement or to a life in his new creation which is even now being made manifest.

But as for a conscious afterlife that continues to exist after death, now that in itself is unfathomable

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are So Many Christians Against Jehovah Witnesses ? Why ? / The False Promise Of The Prosperity Gospel: Why I Called Joel Osteen And Joyce / HELP!!! i am suffering from lust in my dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.