Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,181 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today (71066 Views)

Charly Boy Celebrates His 71st Birthday And Exclusive EP Listening Party / Burna Boy Celebrates His Grammy Nomination With His Mother And Team / Burna Boy Celebrates His 'Wifey' Stefflon Don For Ranking 3rd Best Seller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by dasparrow: 10:56am On Jun 19, 2020
Area Fada does not look his age at all. He looks 20 years younger than his age. His wife is a beautiful woman too aging gracefully. Wishing Area Fada a very happy birthday, many more years, good health and God's Blessings!

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by tillaman(m): 10:57am On Jun 19, 2020
naptu2:
Charly Boy - Ninja Bike (2007).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNuiM3QVQ38
i vibe with this video back in the days!!!! Birthday wishes Area father

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by govomotors: 11:01am On Jun 19, 2020
Never knew he was an Elder and still looking young like an under 40.

Happy Birthday!

Even though I may not like something about you but I appreciate God for keeping you healthy and strong.

Bojack:
So this man don reach 70
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by mormoney85(m): 11:01am On Jun 19, 2020
Bojack:
So this man don reach 70
surprised too and one man in aso rock is telling us he is 76

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by Justkatty(f): 11:02am On Jun 19, 2020
What!!! 70
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by muzically(m): 11:05am On Jun 19, 2020
Hmmm, he is nomore Charly boy o! na Charly Granpa grin
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by greatseed: 11:07am On Jun 19, 2020
Happy birthday baba, since they beat baba 4abuja. He has been silent since then. He is lucky to achieve 70.
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by Reex12(m): 11:09am On Jun 19, 2020
my dad childhood frend happy birthday
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by tunary(m): 11:12am On Jun 19, 2020
This one 70 years, who is he deceiving

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:17am On Jun 19, 2020
wow!

this man don old Sha.

so unbelievable.

HBD, daddy.
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by galaxy2020(m): 11:24am On Jun 19, 2020
So Buhari carry only 6 yrs senior charlie boy and charlie boy senior Tinubu? And buhari dey look like charlie boy ancestor while Tinubu dey look like williwilli...Nigeria my country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by maxzzo1(m): 11:27am On Jun 19, 2020
So buhari use 6yrs senior charly boy......na wao....HBD area fada
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 19, 2020
70 years! Wawuuu!!!
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by okenwaa(m): 11:43am On Jun 19, 2020
Vampire

HBD sir....keep living in good health.
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by omoluka: 11:47am On Jun 19, 2020
Okoroawusa:
There are two Nigerians I wish I could damn the consequences and lived like them-----Charly Boy n Fela Anikulapo-kuti.

Sometimes it's boring to be conventional, to be normal, to do things because the society expects them of you. Only very few people ever have the courage to go against the societal status quo.

Happy birthday Charly Boy
I like this
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by vasco01(m): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2020
So this old kago still dey exist?

I think say him too dey isolation center naw

E don Tay wey I hear or see him for social media or internet oooooo

All the way happy birthday
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by DarkJeddi(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2020
kinglee007:
Baba are you sure you're 70? Told my Dad about your birthday and wetin commot for him mouth na "how come? Charlie na my agemate now." Anyway, age is but a number. Happy Birthday to the original "Area father". Our mumu neva still do o!
The man done pass 70 years..

Look at that 1970 picture..

That is not the face of a 20 year old..

Happy Birthday To Him..

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by SamAgu: 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] Happy birthday area fada
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by Vulcan24(m): 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
he knows his calling

stay well Baba
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
Naptu2, his house is very distinct in gwarimpa Abuja.
In Abuja, riding power bikes( which is what the elite youths from the north are notorious for) very popular when he sang that song. So the song ninja bike help increased his popularity in the north and I think that was when he wanted to venture into politics.

He is that man we hate to love.

Thanks.
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by nkemdi89(f): 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
Charlie boy is a typical illustration of children with famous background, children of the rich and elites, they can do anything and get away with it. Your late father was a popular justice , gave you all the exposure and good background, but he choosed to be a deviant. Those of us who knows our background dare not try a fraction of what Charlie boy does throughout his lifetime, same goes to fela and so many of the popular Nigerian activists like the odumakins. There was no office Charlie boy couldn't enter back then, due to his father's influence, despite he wasn't really happy with his lifestyle, you can't throw the baby with the bath water. What i am trying to say is that, before you emulate someone , read about their history.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by mu2sa2: 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
70 year-old boy! Hbd, Charly Boy Oputa.
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by iamyemiakins(m): 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
70 keh!
Lol, how come!!
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by naptu2: 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
naptu2:
Catalogue of Charly Boy's eccentricity.

1) According to Justice Oputa, Charly Boy was fond of stealing his father's Mercedes Benz to go on joy rides, such that the police stopped Justice Oputa and accused him of stealing the car because they thought that the car belonged to Charly Boy.

2) He went to the seminary to become a catholic priest, but dropped out after a year.

3) He was sent to the US to study law, but, against his parents wishes, studied communications.

4) Because of his father's disapproval of his career choice, he went to live a life of poverty in the village with his wife. They bathed in the village stream.

5) Circa 1984. He was also well known for his feminine style which saw him don women's clothing, and hairstyles which included perms and braids, thus causing controversy among conservative Nigerians.

6) Circa 1984 he was almost denied a record contract because of his "unconventional appearance" until he was introduced to Polygram managing director Ton Seysener.

7) Late 1980s: Adopted the "punk" lifestyle, including leather jackets, (multicoloured) Mohawk hairstyle and motorcycles. He was nicknamed "His Royal Punkness" and his house was called the "Punk Palace".

8 ) Late 1980s: Erected a huge sign at Gbagada Bus Stop, proclaiming that the bus stop is now "Charly Boy Bus Stop". He also mounted a motorcycle on a pedestal at the bus stop.

9) Circa 1989: Photograph of Charly Boy and Lady Di, both completely naked, at Lekki Beach was shown on the television programme "New Trends".

10) 1991: He declared that the Nigerian media had been unfair to him and he was going to get back at them by launching his tv show, "The Charly Boy Show". The show saw the first appearance of Charly Boy's alter ego "Madam Zizi" ( a drag character).

11) Picketted NTA studios in Lagos because NTA sold episodes of the Charly Boy Show to Multichoice without his approval.

12) Circa 2001: During the fuel strike (Obasanjo vs Oshiomole), I was listening to police radio. Apparently, Charly Boy got Okada riders to block the expressway. The police asked him to move his bike. He replied that the bike had a fault and could not be moved.

13) Circa 2000: His Hummer and Lincoln Navigator SUVs had "Area Fada" written on their licence plates.

14) Circa 2001: Appeared on Channels Television breakfast show "Sunrise". The programme was about Charly Boy's dispute with Tony Okoroji over the PMAN presidency. When the presenter asked Charly Boy to give Tony a chance to speak, he started singing war songs and chants and stated the nobody will be allowed to speak until he has had his say. (Justice Oputa said, in an interview, that Charly Boy's daughter questioned her father over his bizarre behaviour on the show).

15) Circa 2002: Picketed a concert organised by Nigerian Breweries, which featured international stars, because he wanted Nigerian Breweries to gaurantee equal rights for Nigerian musicians and to pay PMAN for the show.

16) 2011: Pictures appeared in the media showing Charly Boy "kissing" Denrele Edun. Denrele stated that the pictures were fake, while Charly Boy said that they were real.
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by woleabayo(f): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
happy birthday nigga
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by naptu2: 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
naptu2:
The different sections of the media covered the story from different angles. British tabloids wrote that the Prince and Princess should not travel to Lagos because they could get mugged there. They wrote that Lagos was one of the most dangerous cities in the world with high rates of crime and violence and the royals should not go there (I thought that the articles were quite laughable and crazy. Who would dare mug the Prince and Princess with the number of policemen and SSS operatives that would be deployed to guard them?). Columnists in the Nigerian mainstream press responded with articles that highlighted the crime rate in London at the time and the violence that erupted during the Poll Tax riots of 1989 (I pointed out that we had also had our own very violent SAP riots [the Ebony Magazine edition] in 1989).

The fashion press focused on Princess Diana and Maryam Babangida. Maryam Babangida was noted for her beautiful attires and she brought glamour to the position of First Lady (something that had not been seen since Victoria Gowon in the 1970s). Some women had a habit of watching the news just to see what Mrs. Babangida was wearing so that they could copy it. The visit occurred during a massive fashion boom in Nigeria that lasted between 1988-1991. Fashion houses like Maufechi, Dakova (David Kolawole Vaughan), Supreme Stitches (Folorunsho Alakija), Labanella (Princess Abba Adesanya), Chic Afrique (Opral Benson), etc witnessed growth and many young people wanted to be either fashion designers or wonder bankers. Some newspapers had established fashion columns and NTA2 Channel 5 showed New Trends, a popular fashion show, on their Super 7:20 belt. Princess Diana was also noted for her elegant clothes which were often auctioned to raise funds for charity. Fashion columns were devoted to the question of who would be better dressed, Maryam or Princess Di?

The entertainment and gossip columns (Vintage People, Weekend Concord, etc) turned their attention to Nigeria's own Prince and Princess - the Prince and Princess of Punk, Charly Boy and Lady Dianne Oputa. The press asked Charly Boy what he thought of the visit of the Prince and Princess of Wales. Charly Boy replied that he wasn't really interested in the visit. They asked him if he would meet with Prince Charles. He told them to ask Prince Charles if he would come to the Punk Palace and meet with him. Charly Boy was still very popular at this time. This was not long after his successful songs Big Bottom and 1990.
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by naptu2: 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
naptu2:
He regularly does that nude picture thing. 1989, I believe it was on the show "New Trends", they showed a picture of Charly Boy and Lady Di nude on Lekki Beach.
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by rosy1992(f): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2020
Happy birthday, age with grace.
Re: Charly Boy Celebrates His 70th Birthday Today by joseph1832(m): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
Happy birthday to our very own Area Fada. You will live long to see the Nigeria you fight for. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Between Sabinus And Bobrisky On Facebook (Photo) / Unclad Photo Of Pregnant Zainab Sheriff Causes Commotion Online / Tiwa Savage Rocking The N70k Nigerian World Cup Tracksuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.