Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? (32640 Views)

Reasons Why Buying Blocks Is Better Than Moulding Blocks In A Building Project / Moulding Blocks Vs Buying Blocks, Which Is Better ?? / Block Molding: The Ratio of Cement to Sand to Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
Born2conquer:
Moulding
1)It’s cheaper and you can also determine how stronger you want it to be
true but you must have time to wet ooo
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by SaintUlot: 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
Moulding it yourself is cheaper, buying it is durable. So make your choice.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by dinocy(m): 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
Moulding might take time but it make your blocks stronger and avoid collapsing here and there

1 Like

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by ofiko123(m): 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
I prefer Moulding..

1 Like

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by blessedchild234(m): 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
Molding=quality , buying = cost effective
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Chirowman(m): 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
i love moulding blocks because i like my blocks strong 30 to 35 highest not that 70 that sellers mould.

3 Likes

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by lizdammy: 8:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
Moulding if you are not in a hurry.
You can decide to have 45 blocks per bag of cement giving rise to highly strong blocks which may cover for the non vibrating factor.

1 Like

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by mrkings84(m): 8:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
Cooking a meal by yourself and buying an already cooked meal from a joint, which is better....... Use your tongue count your teeth!

1 Like

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by wonukwuru(m): 8:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
Pls go and mould. Don't ask why am I suggesting that you mould. It is obvious that moulding is more economical. I am talking from experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Born2conquer: 8:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
tiamiyukunle69:
true but you must have time to wet ooo
Sure, once you have the moulders

They wet it daily.

I did mine for my building and it was way cheaper.

I merely bought cements in abundance and enough sand.

The Guys charged 800naira for one bag of cement
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by danemenike: 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
Hi
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Exmilitant(m): 8:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:
Good day all. For sb novice in building, which will you suggest (checking cost, and durability), which is better: buying blocks or molding it by oneself?
Please I also need opinions on what to do to afford thugs causing me problems on site.
Op, i suggest you mould your blocks for durability sake. And who are the riff raffs disturbing your project where is that?
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Ekpekaycee: 8:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
Buying is faster, moulding is better.
Buying is better when you need few (hundred or less), moulding is better when you need quality, Strong blocks, but you must be there to supervise the work.

1 Like

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by chatinent: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
adatkeg:
Molding block is cheaper than buying blocks..
If u buy sharp sand for 28k and cement the molder will collect 900# per bag of cement.
Seriously bro. Per block in my area is N120, that is if I'm needing 3000 blocks, it'll be about N360k. Molding may double the cost. I think buying is cost-effective but sb told me I may be buying sandy blocks prone to collapse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Emvico34: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:
Good day all. For sb novice in building, which will you suggest (checking cost, and durability), which is better: buying blocks or molding it by oneself?
Please I also need opinions on what to do to afford thugs causing me problems on site.
get and electric molding meching and mold it yourseld. Its cheaper and better. Stress free

2 Likes

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by faithy29: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
[quote author=Admin9 post=90854933]Training a girl to school so that you can marry her and Marrying a girl that has already gone to school, which is better? Brain no go kill you bros. shocked
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by saintgwizard(m): 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Buying appears more expensive but better in the long run. It eliminates your moulders stealing bags of cement, eliminates time spent supervising the moulding process, eliminates the stress of arranging for sand etc.

Summarily, if you are the busy type or reside far away from your building site, buy blocks. If you have the time and living around, moulding is cheaper.

4 Likes

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by larryking540: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
SmartProf:
If you are moulding you may get more blocks out of the process from each bag of cement but u need to be sure those mixing and the moulders are competent. U must also be mindful of the season cos if it rains on same day, u are finished. Blocks buying helps if ur job needs to be done quickly and if u don't want to be cheated by workers who will claim they have moulded from some certain bags of cement but in reality haven't. It also saves u prayer points about rain and storage conditions of ur cement. But many bought blocks are not so strong cos it is made with the intention for profit, and some of them during delivery gets broken and maynot be replaced...so go for what ur mind pleases, but if u are managing funds I will advise u mould by urself but monitor the job being done closely

80% of most blocks sold are made of sand ,I will advise people create time and mold your block yourself ,how can someone use one bag of cement to mold 45 block ,na waoo

1 Like

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by otunbalamba: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
lizdammy:
Moulding if you are not in a hurry.
You can decide to have 45 blocks per bag of cement giving rise to highly strong blocks which may cover for the non vibrating factor.
cheesy 45 blocks per beg That one no be block again, na egg o
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by cryptotech: 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
mould it ur self, better.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by chatinent: 8:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
chinavs9ja:
I will advise you to mould your blocks so that you can be sure of the quality of the blocks. Most of those selling blocks are only after their pocket, imagine using 1bag of cement to produce 100 blocks just for them to make more profit.

I am a professional website designer/developer kindly check my signature
Thanks bro.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Amaefuleteddy: 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
Oga mould ur block
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
Moulding blocks is better, I always advice my clients that we mould blocks, because I will supervise the moulding process, check the ratios of sand to cement , and equally do a test run of the moulded blocks.
So in totality I can mark the blocks to be good for construction...

But the factory ones, depending on the factory's oolicy can give you good quality blocks or rubbish that cracks at every likely pressure and you can't know its strength for a lasting period even if you check by yourself...

In terms of cost economy, you will equally save few cash....a ratio of say #900-#1200 difference for one bag of cement to block mixture for factory and On site molding...

2 Likes

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by chatinent: 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
SmartProf:
If you are moulding you may get more blocks out of the process from each bag of cement but u need to be sure those mixing and the moulders are competent. U must also be mindful of the season cos if it rains on same day, u are finished. Blocks buying helps if ur job needs to be done quickly and if u don't want to be cheated by workers who will claim they have moulded from some certain bags of cement but in reality haven't. It also saves u prayer points about rain and storage conditions of ur cement. But many bought blocks are not so strong cos it is made with the intention for profit, and some of them during delivery gets broken and may not be replaced...so go for what ur mind pleases, but if u are managing funds I will advise u mould, but ensure u monitor the job being done closely
Thanks. How many can a cement bag produce that one can say it's strong?
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by lizdammy: 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
otunbalamba:
cheesy 45 blocks per beg That one no be block again, na egg o
Those selling can make up-to 55 blocks per bag of cement dear.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by yemitexcel(m): 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chirowman:
i love moulding blocks because i like my blocks strong 30 to 35 highest not that 70 that sellers mould.
70 is much now Boss.... For my little experience no one will patronize an industry producing 70 blocks per bag because no matter what u will always see broken blocks in the site
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by egalitarianism: 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
nomenclature:
Home cooked food and the one you bought at the canteen,which one is better and cost effective?
Damn. I give it to you realest gee. love your analogy.
Admin9 and meobizy, see what you niggas can relate has been related well by this gee

1 Like

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by SEGLIZ: 9:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:

Please why do you suggest so?

the hand molded is stronger than fabricated if within standard.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by chatinent: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
Exmilitant:
Op, i suggest you mould your blocks for durability sake. And who are the riff raffs disturbing your project where is that?
Bro, 'traditional land owners' as they call themselves when transliterated.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by chatinent: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
Emvico34:
get and electric molding meching and mold it yourseld. Its cheaper and better. Stress free
How can I get one?

2 Likes

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by rollandben(m): 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Well both are good but depends on the quality needed on your site, but moulded ones is preferable if only you could monitor and supervise the moulder to mould to your want. Otherwise, they will put you in trouble at end of the day by stealing your materials at the end the day.
But if you wont be on the site with them, pl.ease go for ready made blocks.My Advise.

2 Likes

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by melviniyke2002(m): 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:

Thanks. How many can a cement bag produce that one can say it's strong?
30- 35

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Removes Illegal Street Gates In Lekki Phase 1 / Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu / What Age Should Owning A House Become A Priority?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.