Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta (13681 Views)

There Was No Zoning In Kogi APC, why should there be in Edo? - Oshiomhole / APC May Convene Emergency NEC Meeting Over Edo Primaries Crisis / Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Convene Emergency Meeting Over Onnoghen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Kwanza: 8:51am On Jun 21, 2020
The Acting National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Hilliard Eta, has insisted that inasmuch as the ruling party would have loved to convene an emergency National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting to resolve the myriad of crises rocking the party, the violation of COVID-19 pandemic protocols prohibiting public gathering has made it impossible.

Addressing newsmen in Abuja, the APC National Vice Chairman (South-South) also dismissed claims by former Deputy National Secretary Victor Giadom that he was given a waiver to contest in the 2019 Rivers State governorship election, insisting that Giadom was no longer a member of the National Working Committee (NWC), having resigned.

Responding to the clamour from party members to convene an NEC meeting, Eta replied: ‘It is at the root of all of the controversies; if there must be a permanent resolution to the mirage of controversies, then we must hold an NEC meeting. The NEC meeting is a statutory requirement of our constitution.

‘I do not believe that there is anybody afraid or scared of convening an NEC meeting. I think what has been militating against constituting an NEC meeting in the recent past is, of course, the COVID-19 pandemic that has stopped everybody from gathering more than a certain number of persons.

‘As you are all aware, we have over 120 members of NEC and it would amount to breaking the COVID-19 protocol as established by the Nigeria authorities prohibiting gathering of more than 50 people at a time. It will take our breaking that protocol for us to have an NEC meeting. But if it is possible to have a waiver so to speak to be able to have an NEC meeting, we can explore that.

‘There is nobody afraid of having NEC meeting. For those who want to build this party, who want this party to outlast this present government, they are such in number that there is no fear of convening NEC meeting. The only thing militating against convening it is, of course, the current world pandemic. There is no way the ruling party will voluntarily disobey or break rules it is part of making,’ he defended.

While taunting Giadom to head to court to reclaim his membership of the NWC, Eta said: ‘There is no way you can contest any election as a member or an executive officer of the APC without resigning your office. That is the constitution of our party. You can do that and return, but the NWC will transmit a letter to your zone, noting that in view of this vacancy predicated upon this, can you present someone to occupy an office that has been zoned to your own geopolitical zone.

‘I am the head of that zone, I have not heard any such letter till today from the NEC and I have not acted because there was no such communication. I have not been able to act because I cannot act on my own.

‘But in the wisdom of the NWC, which I am just the acting chairman, we had 15 members out of 20 in attendance that unanimously agreed that because Giadom had resigned to contest as Deputy Governorship, it is on record, we transmitted his name to INEC, he printed posters and he could not have done so, we could not have transmitted his name, he could not have campaigned for the position without first resigning his office.

‘The constitution of our party is not a voluminous book, it is just a few pages and it was stated that Victor Giadom, based on his resignation, has ceased to be a member of NWC. You can now find out whether anyone can be given a waiver from resignation.

‘We don’t even have it in our constitution anymore; we have deleted that part for political expediency. But we have it in our guidelines that if you are going to contest this kind of election that you must be a member of the party for a certain period of time.

‘That is the only place that you need a waiver, you cannot take a waiver for resignation. I am saying that if it was done, it was done in errors. It is a human organisation, susceptible to error. But it cannot vitiate the positions and the provisions of our constitution. I was not the national chairman until recently and if as acting national chairman I have discovered that errors were made I have to correct them.

‘If Giadom feels very bad or very strongly about what the resolution of the NWC, of course, like he is always doing, like his like are always doing, he can proceed to court, but that is the resolution of the NWC,’ he taunted.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/apc-why-we-cant-convene-emergency-nec-meeting-eta/

Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Maxymilliano(m): 9:02am On Jun 21, 2020
The crisis in APC is like Covid19.

You hear new cases been recorded everyday.

Watch out for new court cases in the coming week.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
All of them are in a nutshell mad.

5 Likes

Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
Kwanza:

While taunting Giadom to head to court to reclaim his membership of the NWC, Eta said: ‘There is no way you can contest any election as a member or an executive officer of the APC without resigning your office.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/apc-why-we-cant-convene-emergency-nec-meeting-eta/
Is like one of the criteria for joining APC and it NWC is having a professional certificate/penchant for telling lies/propaganda

And it's this propaganda that is fast bringing them to their knees!

Was Giadom not holding a post in APC before the recent fall out

Even Oshiomole recently through his publication admitted that Giadom is one of the executive but not in the post to apply for the national chairman undecided

So if he resigned, why was he still in position

Na wa ooooo grin grin grin

Not that I cared anyway but when telling your lies, give Nigerians some credit

We are one of the best brains in the world

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by inoki247: 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
You no convene untop security Mata nd follow d president talk na things wey no contribute anything to d masses u wan convene untop....

1 Like

Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by pheranme9(m): 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
Nigeria na scam we suppose loan this country out nii
do u need A professional graphics designer,i do motion graphics,banners design, music artwork and any other design related work,
check my signature
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by eagleonearth(m): 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
Someone said that the revised meaning of AIDS is Arsenal Is Dying Slowly, how true?
Wiseandtrue:
E
E for E-warrior
saheedbadmus:
K
K for Kilishi
pheranme9:
F
F for Fish

Space bookers association of NL

Happy Sunday all. Stay blessed folks

4 Likes

Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Hungarriman: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by OLDESTWARRIBOY4: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ona no wan hold NEC meeting now cuz of covik19?? If I head this Eta eh when Obaseki dey travel go Lag, Abj, Rivers, Akwa ibom....Dey find Tinubu, Mumumadu, Emperor Wike and dem Bagadu dem, Covik19 no stop am o.

If APC wan resolve this their mata, make dem hold meeting fast cuz covik19 na scam...all of us know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Freshfish4: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
Why is Buhari not concerned about what's going on in APC nor said anything, someone who is supposed to have controlled and managed the situation by now.

Wait!! Why am I even asking, does he say anything?

He has nothing to lose cos he's on his second term so they can kill themselves, he doesn't care.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Slawormir: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Who gives a fuckkk

We want the destabilisation to persist
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Shuggaa: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
Thief's hail thief.
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Sunnycliff(m): 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
House of crisis. Association of Political criminals
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by YorubaKinging: 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
God Is real

And he created Satan because he can

Your president do whatever he wants ,yet nobody can question him

But you want to question God

You must be crazy

You that critize God for creating Satan , you also do whatever you want , you smoke, you drink , you rape and you get away with it?

So you Dont have sense if you question your God

2 Likes

Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by sanemind2(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Ok
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by SweetiliciousD: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Negodu APC
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Trumpcard05: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Party of hypocrites and self deceivers. You can’t hold a NEC which is subject to professional organization cos of Covid 19, but in the same breath u don’t care for the safety of Edo indigenes by wanting force down a direct primary with little or o organization down our throats? These people are indeed callous

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by AceRoyal: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Who the gods want to destroy they first make mad.....
APC has been exhibiting symptoms of madness of various types and forms lately. Just like PDP before the 2015 elections.

We are watching.
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Mfm should add

ApC die to their prayer points
To quicken the process
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by LosC: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
All Progressive Confusion
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by larryUG(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
Excuses upon excuses. If companies and organizations can hold meetings online, even the Federal executive council holds online meetings with zoom and Micsoft teams, why cant NEC be convened? Useless idiots....invalid reason
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by SmartProf(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
Pls convey sense on every member of ur party leadership first. It's more important than NEC
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Golden057(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
All Promise Cancelled, this fire � is getting hotter grin
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
Maxymilliano:
The crisis in APC is like Covid19.

You hear new cases been recorded everyday.

Watch out for new court cases in the coming week.
grin grin.

It's happening just as recorded in the book of political revelations so don't be surprised. Have you suddenly forgotten how all of them came together ? They will all split same way ahead of 2023. Watch out! How i wish forward-thinking Nigerians could form a formidable force that would chase both the apc and pdp away from our political space. We've heard enough
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
almost everyone now use zoom for important meetings so that is not an excuse.

just tell us you are afraid of the outcome. you guys refused to convene NEC meeting even before covid19

1 Like

Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by wilemer: 3:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
Kwanz:
The Acting National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Hilliard Eta, has insisted that inasmuch as the ruling party would have loved to convene an emergency National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting to resolve the myriad of crises rocking the party, the violation of COVID-19 pandemic protocols prohibiting public gathering has made it impossible.

plenty crisis
Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Charmingrascal(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
After Omoye don already naked enter market, which cloth you wan take cover am again

Broom dey pieces gradually

Re: APC: Why We Can’t Convene Emergency NEC Meeting - Eta by Captainrambo2: 3:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
Lol

Yiu want to convey it in Lagos? As that would be the only option since giadom have taken over the national secretariat. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Approves Upgrade Of 5 Health Centres To General Hospitals / Jonathan Is Surrounded By Professional Praise-singers - David-west / Kidnapped Victim Rescued In King's Palace In Delta State !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.