Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich (34795 Views)

Married Nigerian Ladies No Longer Take Shit From Their Husbands (Pictures) / Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Tundex911: 9:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
Reason why 30+ Olosho go dey fight themselves over 18years boy...

Smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Confidencemama: 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
pmoye:
This is advice is really for Nigerian ladies. Please and please do not marry a man that is not rich. Your very life will depend on it. You heard me... How long you live as a woman may well depend on how rich your husband is. This may seem like an over-generalization, but a very needful one. Quite a troubling percentage of Nigerian men can not handle a woman who is more financially buoyant.
person earns, because I believe thfinancially. That the home should be planned like a company with budgets, financial p

I have seen women who have die
Thank u very much for this, I tot I was rude until I read this

The poorer the man, the more wicked, the more angry, and the more deadly he generally is in Nigeria. Do not let any man or any woman convince you to marry for love. There is no such thing as that, just a queer surge of hormones that makes you think you are in love. If you marry a poor man for love, hunger and suffering will soon reset your thinking, and by then most women feel too culturally compelled to remain with the toxin of a husband they have. Take a cue from evolutionary development in animal kingdom generally where females select the most suitable male for mating.

Do not simply believe in a man's future plans and dreams. If he doesn't have money now, he is not ready to be a husband. No matter how much you think you love him, treat him like the case of AS genotype (yours) marrying an SS genotype (his). And this is something I respect some Igbo men for. They will never think of marrying a woman unless they are economically ready.

If he is earning N30,000, or N40,000 or N90,000 per month he is not ready to marry. These are just examples from posts I have seen around here. Do not be fooled, the amount on the payslip is not always available for taking care of the home. But that's the talk for another day.

Some of us are probably never going to get married, I personally find it very scary to read about how men because of poverty increasingly turn against their wives in marriage... I may be too traditional though, because I do not fvcking care the money the wife is bringing into the house. Her role as a mother and a wife is already supremely more than you need to compensate for as a man. If you are a man, do not get close to a man when you are still poor. It is wickedness. It is dishonesty. It is crime against humanity. Do not sell her a future hope of becoming a pastor and other popular silliness.

Marrying a lady when you cannot completely and single-handedly take care of her is gender violence. Stop it.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by BuzChi(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
This is one of the pathetic notions that confused people follow! The problem starts from men having to spend their life-savings on some greedy family members of their wife-to-be for bride price and the entitlement thinking commences in the man from this point, whether he is rich or not.

I will advice ladies to be very careful in taking the moderators advice because money is good, but money does not have character and moral. If the man is open to avoid his own ego getting in the way when the lady has money, or the man does not tend to be unhealthily egotistic when he is rich, then a good marriage is possible. Whether we like it or not, the intangible aspects of human beings are what enables a successful union, not necessarily only about the man or woman being rich. Being rich is good for both couples, man or woman, but what will keep peace and loyalty in any marriage is more complex that money: it is all about the state of the heart and mind of humans.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Gstar33(m): 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
Senseless and irrelevant talk. Then men as well should STOP â›” marrying those poor liability ladies in other for them to live long. Of course
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by BadEnglish(m): 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
This poster is a mahd Hoelosho
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by omoyankee3(m): 12:18am On Dec 05, 2021
Two things a man should have before getting married; a good paying steady job and an apartment/house (owned or rented). Apart from his personality, those are the basic things a woman should look out for in a potential spouse.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by darediamond(m): 1:42am On Dec 05, 2021
pmoye:
This is advice is really for Nigerian ladies. Please and please do not marry a man that is not rich. Your very life will depend on it. You heard me... How long you live as a woman may well depend on how rich your husband is. This may seem like an over-generalization, but a very needful one. Quite a troubling percentage of Nigerian men can not handle a woman who is more financially buoyant.

Ideally it shouldn't matter how much each person earns, because I believe that the husband and the wife should be one financially. That the home should be planned like a company with budgets, financial planning, sound auditing and all... But from the much we have seen around the average Nigerian family is far from this ideal. We often have what increasingly looks like a union that appears more to serve a cultural/societal expectation, a union that is sustained just so that the society can think you are happily married, while between the man and the wife it is more like between US and China, between Northern and Southern Nigeria, a perpetual cold war and bitter jostling for resource allocation and control.

I have seen women who have died because the husbands couldn't afford antenatal care and used ego-motivated argument to keep the women from accessing timely medical care... And of course, few years or even months after that those wicked men would later bring in other wives into the house.

The poorer the man, the more wicked, the more angry, and the more deadly he generally is in Nigeria. Do not let any man or any woman convince you to marry for love. There is no such thing as that, just a queer surge of hormones that makes you think you are in love. If you marry a poor man for love, hunger and suffering will soon reset your thinking, and by then most women feel too culturally compelled to remain with the toxin of a husband they have. Take a cue from evolutionary development in animal kingdom generally where females select the most suitable male for mating.

Do not simply believe in a man's future plans and dreams. If he doesn't have money now, he is not ready to be a husband. No matter how much you think you love him, treat him like the case of AS genotype (yours) marrying an SS genotype (his). And this is something I respect some Igbo men for. They will never think of marrying a woman unless they are economically ready.

If he is earning N30,000, or N40,000 or N90,000 per month he is not ready to marry. These are just examples from posts I have seen around here. Do not be fooled, the amount on the payslip is not always available for taking care of the home. But that's the talk for another day.

Some of us are probably never going to get married, I personally find it very scary to read about how men because of poverty increasingly turn against their wives in marriage... I may be too traditional though, because I do not fvcking care the money the wife is bringing into the house. Her role as a mother and a wife is already supremely more than you need to compensate for as a man. If you are a man, do not get close to a man when you are still poor. It is wickedness. It is dishonesty. It is crime against humanity. Do not sell her a future hope of becoming a pastor and other popular silliness.

Marrying a lady when you cannot completely and single-handedly take care of her is gender violence. Stop it.

This Is Just A Write Up To Keep PROMOTION OF prostitution On!

A responsible MAN will never marry a Lady That Is Not Financially Responsible To Him While In Courtship.

Never MARY A LADY THAT IS NOT HER SELF FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT.

STOP PROMOTING PROSTITUTION in the name of being "capable" money wise as a Man or Guy.

Only Bleep A GIRL WHOSE PUUUSI IS NOT FOR MONEYMAKING.

RESPECT TO ONLY LADIES WHO DO NOT SEE RELATIONSHIP AND MARRIAGE AS A MEANS TO END poverty!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by darediamond(m): 2:00am On Dec 05, 2021
bukatyne:
Money has wings.

The person who is rich today can become poor/broke tomorrow and vice versa.

Rather than this skeletal approach, why don't we dig to see what's wrong with the Nigerian family system and correct it?

How many men are rich in Nigeria?

What happens if all that made a man 'the head' was money and he loses it ten years into the marriage; should his wife get a divorce?

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by msMonyei: 3:59am On Dec 05, 2021
omoyankee3:
Two things a man should have before getting married; a good paying steady job and an apartment/house (owned or rented). Apart from his personality, those are the basic things a woman should look out for in a potential spouse.

Business is better than a job, and the OP sounds so stupid. Please men should stop marrying ladies up to 30 years old, for most of them walk with the same mindset as the OP hence their delay, never settle for less...
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Nweike190(m): 7:32am On Dec 05, 2021
[Jobless Girls everywhere.. Na only man go feed you and your family...

quote author=pmoye post=90933985]This is advice is really for Nigerian ladies. Please and please do not marry a man that is not rich. Your very life will depend on it. You heard me... How long you live as a woman may well depend on how rich your husband is. This may seem like an over-generalization, but a very needful one. Quite a troubling percentage of Nigerian men can not handle a woman who is more financially buoyant.

Ideally it shouldn't matter how much each person earns, because I believe that the husband and the wife should be one financially. That the home should be planned like a company with budgets, financial planning, sound auditing and all... But from the much we have seen around the average Nigerian family is far from this ideal. We often have what increasingly looks like a union that appears more to serve a cultural/societal expectation, a union that is sustained just so that the society can think you are happily married, while between the man and the wife it is more like between US and China, between Northern and Southern Nigeria, a perpetual cold war and bitter jostling for resource allocation and control.

I have seen women who have died because the husbands couldn't afford antenatal care and used ego-motivated argument to keep the women from accessing timely medical care... And of course, few years or even months after that those wicked men would later bring in other wives into the house.

[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Skooldeto(m): 9:14am On Dec 05, 2021
so her parent rich before them married
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by KevinDein: 9:19am On Dec 05, 2021
emmaodet:
Also, no woman is doing a broke man favour by marrying him.
Whether women decides to marry poor or struggling men or not, most ladies too will be broke if they stay on their own.
Have seen it a lot. A lot of aunties or sisters on the street stay in one room with many ladies, all struggling together.
If they had married 5-10 years ago, they would have put the blames on men for using marriage and poverty to cage them and not realise their dreams blah blah blah but here they are, 10 years down the lane alone with no excuse of a baby or a man slowing them down yet wallowing in poverty.
If only a lot of poor and struggling men also know the kind of favor and grace God is giving them by allowing women to avoid them, they all will be dancing.
Now, let us imagine a struggling man earning 50k per month without any unnecessary baggage of women...
This is genuinely a great comment, tbh.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by CorperKola: 9:48am On Dec 05, 2021
emmaodet:
Which brings us to the question - why are we empowering women when they won't/are not meant to co-finance the family?
Why blocking the jobs and slots to be taking by men who are eager and ready to raise a home and family when we constantly scream and shout about women empowerment.
A lot of ladies are working with shell, mobil, total, nnpc, cbn, immigration, custom to name a few who are blocking able bodies men from accessing these jobs and settle down.
You may be opportuned to be doing fine and think others are but that is very very wrong, a big human error for that.
The world is being run by a system and whether you like it or not, let all men hustle from now till 2050, only around 3% will be wealth, 20-30% in the middle class and remaining in the struggling class.
Having an egg as a womb is no more enough in this century or age, all hands must be on deck else you can stay alone, dem no dey arrest person for that.
Let me tell you how money works if you don't - money is just like school or exam.
If all nigerian student decides to be serious and reading vigorously and all pass jamb let say 290/300(though not possible), then automatically scores won't be used again as a yard stick rather other criterials.
If all men are given 100m each today, that money automatically becomes useless because 100m from 100m people will be chasing the same bread, land, car etc and automatically that bread will become 200m per one, that car will become 10b per one and the system will reset itself back.
What is their goal?
Their goal is to reduce the current uncontrolled growth of human population.
And people should really be worried, there was a period of 30 years in the late 20th century when human population doubled. You dont need a prophet to tell any ody that if we keep that up. Trouble is brewing.
More people will lead to chaos generally, and increased competition for resources. Life just becomes harder and more difficult
The central theme of economics is that resources are limited.
Lets use Nigeria as an example. For instance people of the 1950s to 1970s set used to say jobs were waiting for them by the time of graduation. And things were generally better, why??
The number of qualified people was not up to the number of jobs available. How many nigerians had a university degree then.
Now even some animals and babies inadvertently have degrees.
It has security implications too, no police force can be effective when there is a large expanse of land to police and bandits attack in hundreds and have unemployed millions of men to recruit from.
Empowered women will delay childbearing, females used to marry by 18 years back in the days now everywhere is littered with 30yr old women with bsc,msc mba and no viable marriageable men.
So these people know exactly what they are doing.
Population must be controlled one way or the other

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by emmaodet: 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
CorperKola:

What is their goal?
Their goal is to reduce the current uncontrolled growth of human population.
And people should really be worried, there was a period of 30 years in the late 20th century when human population doubled. You dont need a prophet to tell any ody that if we keep that up. Trouble is brewing.
More people will lead to chaos generally, and increased competition for resources. Life just becomes harder and more difficult
The central theme of economics is that resources are limited.
Lets use Nigeria as an example. For instance people of the 1950s to 1970s set used to say jobs were waiting for them by the time of graduation. And things were generally better, why??
The number of qualified people was not up to the number of jobs available. How many nigerians had a university degree then.
Now even some animals and babies inadvertently have degrees.
It has security implications too, no police force can be effective when there is a large expanse of land to police and bandits attack in hundreds and have unemployed millions of men to recruit from.
Empowered women will delay childbearing, females used to marry by 18 years back in the days now everywhere is littered with 30yr old women with bsc,msc mba and no viable marriageable men.
So these people know exactly what they are doing.
Population must be controlled one way or the other

Hmmmmm
You are right but I believe there is a faster way to reduce population by maybe vaccine or deliberate spreading of lab disease to wipe off some.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Magnoliaa(f): 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
SeaTrade:
Clear signs of a person who has never made money on her own.
Not everyone is into paid employment,
A single wrong business decision can break any bubbling entrepreneur or trader.
Business na gamble,people that were doing so well as traders made just one wrong decision by taking risk of buying a new product,product arrive very well but it doesn't sell.Yoy will have goods but zero cash.
When you ply roads and see trucks that burnt completely laden with goods,do you think those properties belong to spirits? undecided
What of contractors that used their money,do government contract and FG or his patron never pays?
Money is very volatile,reason old men always advise young ones to plant money on the ground(build house).

I get your point, and what you're saying is far from what I had in mind and doesn't even invalidate it. Inspite of everything you've said here, there are some 'constants' about money.

Why do you think the term financial stability is a thing? You can grow wealth. If you made a bad decision that made you lose money, that's on you. If you're ignorant about how business works and don't save money, it's all on you. Are there times where the economy or circumstances beyond your control can work against you? Sure. But those cases are not what I'm talking about.

Becoming rich is not a thing of luck or shuffling where the elements will put people together in some casing, shake them, then pick out one random person to bless with money. It is NOT out of your control in that sense.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Magnoliaa(f): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
emmaodet:
Which brings us to the question - why are we empowering women when they won't/are not meant to co-finance the family?

Your values and preferences here. These things aren't hard. It's simple, if you believe in the traditional roles and whatever associated things, it is only right for you to provide for the woman and your family.

Women are empowered for a lot of things. And I'm answering you based on the fact that I am someone who believes in women empowerment. You empower women for a lot of things and in a lot of ways.

I do not support empowering women, just to have them be lazy infantilized beings who do nothing for themselves. You're pre-supposing that women do not do anything. Or don't do anything. So why are we empowering them.

That's not the point of the OP. A woman that works should contribute to finances. And a man whose wife works should contribute to childrearing. Simple as ABC. It is a disfavor that works against y'all that believe that women should be empowered and then still be provided for. If you want to do that, your problem. Go ahead. If you wanna provide for a lady that makes her own money because of whatever, it's your prerogative.

But don't insinuate that women shouldn't be empowered because of some individuals' beliefs that they are meant to provide for a woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by SeaTrade(m): 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I get your point, and what you're saying is far from what I had in mind and doesn't even invalidate it. Inspite of everything you've said here, there are some 'constants' about money.

Why do you think the term financial stability is a thing? You can grow wealth. If you made a bad decision that made you lose money, that's on you. If you're ignorant about how business works and don't save money, it's all on you. Are there times where the economy or circumstances beyond your control can work against you? Sure. But those cases are not what I'm talking about.

Becoming rich is not a thing of luck or shuffling where the elements will put people together in some casing, shake them, then pick out one random person to bless with money. It is NOT out of your control in that sense.
Becoming rich is all about strategic positioning and a huge deal of luck.
You can't plan your way through everything in business, sometimes,infact most times,big breaks come via luck.
I know very well what I'm saying.
There is no constant or financial stability amongst entrepreneurs.
Most of their finances revolve around their businesses and as such have very low disposable income,
And some other times,their risk taking venture gets sour and they lose everything.
Financial stability can only work on paid employment people or old people on fixed income and retirement packages.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
Money 99% of the time unfortunately. Mooney for food, money for shelter, money for school fees
No free anything
Must is always be money, money etc everyime . This post made me laugh, you say they shud marry money right. Ok
But I will advise females out there, marry a guy/man with Vision. (Believe me, anything you can control has become possessed and obsessed).. ppl's obsession towards money is really getting out of hands undecided undecided
If you marry money, HV you forgotten money varnishes.
But vision never dies, if the Vision is sharp enough, it will even bring more money.
You don't even care if the guy has no sense of respect, no intelligence, nothing nothing.. all you care about is money undecided undecided undecided.
HV you written off yourself that u can't make it??.
Pls, change that mind set, there is more to life than money you are shouting
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
bukatyne:
Money has wings.

Yes
But wings can be clipped

Not if he does the needful

Rather than this skeletal approach, why don't we dig to see what's wrong with the Nigerian family system and correct it?

Money is the problem 99% of the time

How many smiling families do you see?

What happens if all that made a man 'the head' was money and he loses it ten years into the marriage; should his wife get a divorce?

yes, if she can find a better deal with her used carcass
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
emmaodet:

Votes

Why blocking the jobs and slots to be taking by men who are eager and ready to raise a home and family when we constantly scream and shout about women empowerment.

Nobody is blocking anything
Women are just better at selling to men
Sex sells and women can do office work better.

A lot of ladies are working with shell, mobil, total, nnpc, cbn, immigration, custom to name a few who are blocking able bodies men from accessing these jobs and settle down.

If the men were able they would not be blocked

You may be opportuned to be doing fine and think others are but that is very very wrong, a big human error for that.
The world is being run by a system and whether you like it or not, let all men hustle from now till 2050, only around 3% will be wealth, 20-30% in the middle class and remaining in the struggling class.

Lies
More people can fit into the middle class if they simply invest over the long term

Having an egg as a womb is no more enough in this century or age, all hands must be on deck else you can stay alone, dem no dey arrest person for that.

Facts but biology no go gree
Urge go push ppl to procreate

Let me tell you how money works if you don't - money is just like school or exam.
If all nigerian student decides to be serious and reading vigorously and all pass jamb let say 290/300(though not possible), then automatically scores won't be used again as a yard stick rather other criterials.

No other yardstick
Everyone cannot get 290
Cut off will be just ratcheted up to 295

If all men are given 100m each today, that money automatically becomes useless because 100m from 100m people will be chasing the same bread, land, car etc and automatically that bread will become 200m per one, that car will become 10b per one and the system will reset itself back.
but not if they convert same 100m into true assets (land, labour, capital or entrepreneurship)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Magnoliaa(f): 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
SeaTrade:
Becoming rich is all about strategic positioning and a huge deal of luck.
You can't plan your way through everything in business, sometimes,infact most times,big breaks come via luck.
I know very well what I'm saying.
There is no constant or financial stability amongst entrepreneurs.
Most of their finances revolve around their businesses and as such have very low disposable income,
And some other times,their risk taking venture gets sour and they lose everything.
Financial stability can only work on paid employment people or old people on fixed income and retirement packages.

Okay. I understand.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Elporo(m): 10:32am On Dec 06, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Wealth is a dance, the more mistakes you make, the better you get at it.

Nothing constant about money except the pursuit of it. If one were to pursue wealth consistently, eventually he will get it. Because at that point he has so many mistakes. I am talking about paying tuition (learning process).

You assume there is a straight path. I would be wary of such wink
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Smile4mee01: 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2021
Its ok to want what you want.

But dont then turn around and complain there are no Men available to marry. Its funny how some ladies shout God when online when all this while, they are the one who dont want some Men.

The day a man understands female psychology, that's the day he knows peace. Nothing wey women do dey surprise me again.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Magnoliaa(f): 4:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
Elporo:
Wealth is a dance, the more mistakes you make, the better you get at it.

Nothing constant about money except the pursuit of it. If one were to pursue wealth consistently, eventually he will get it. Because at that point he has so many mistakes. I am talking about paying tuition (learning process).

You assume there is a straight path. I would be wary of such wink

Okay. I'll concede and say that he is right with the part where he said I haven't started making my own money. So I guess he has the edge of experience there. And it is true for him, and probably you.

I only read from others in that aspect. Books by businessmen and entrepreneurs too, and so on, and they've formed my perspective regarding the issue. I would not know what is true or not since I've not practicalised it. But I did believed what I read to be true because they are experts. And what they've written has worked for them over and over again. Maybe they omitted another part(s) of the pursuit. And are you saying persistently pursuing money would make one get it eventually? How? There are so many people in the world and hard labor workers who set their minds on getting money. Yet, they have nothing to show for it.

How about if your spendings consistently extend your savings and income - are you not on a route to poverty and eventually crashing? When you don't have streams of income?

Any way, I don't know. I don't mean that there is only one way to getting way. What I'm saying is sort of like there is a formula or principle... that you can apply to whatever you do.

Look at celebrities who ended up poor at the end of their lives vs. poor people who became rich and successfully built wealth for their next generation. I'm not talking about the big shots like Amazon and co. Just the everyday billionaires and millionaires we have around us. Both categories of people have handled money and tasted influence, etc., yet at the end, there is nothing to show for it in the case of the former (the poor celebrities on sick beds). Same with some yahoo boys and drug barons and the likes. There's always a group that is able to, consistently, keep their wealth and assets and so on. Maybe I'm not being really articulate as much about what I'm saying and it's prolly due to that inexperience factor... yeah. So I know I cannot saying anything with authority. I can only make references to real-life examples.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Sebgajere(m): 3:19pm On Dec 07, 2021
Who be dis? Is everyone meant to be rich?
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Elporo(m): 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2021
Magnoliaa:

[color=#770077]Okay. I'll concede and say that he is right with the part where he said I haven't started making my own money. So I guess he has the edge of experience there. And it is true for him, and probably you.

I read everything cheesy. Your writing skill attests to you how much you read. One can only write well, by reading well.

You said a lot and have so many questions; many you never asked, I however found them lurking within your paragraphs.

The principle for wealth; true wealth where you (the boss) works like an ant but eat like an elephant is this:

You find something people want and build a wall around it; put a small door at the center then charge an access fee. Every business, every hustle is built on a variation of this model.

If you really want to figure this "Money game" from the fundamentals (no fluff no filler) - get a copy of Adam's Smith's; The Wealth of Nations.
It is a dense book, however. Nonetheless, should you get through half of it; you should begin to understand.

With that I leave you with my favorite quote from Adam Smith:
The chance of gain is by every man more or less overvalued and the change of loss is by most men undervalued.

This position was re-echoed "in a manner of the way" by Aliko Dangote in an interview, where he spoke about his near collapse when going into the cement business.

Other interesting books
- The Richest Man in Babylon
- An introduction to decision theory (I assure you don't know how to make good decisions)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Magnoliaa(f): 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2021
Elporo:

I read everything cheesy. Your writing skill attests to you how much you read. One can only write well, by reading well.

You said a lot and have so many questions; many you never asked, I however found them lurking within your paragraphs.

The principle for wealth; true wealth where you (the boss) works like an ant but eat like an elephant is this:

You find something people want and build a wall around it; put a small door at the center then charge an access fee. Every business, every hustle is built on a variation of this model.

If you really want to figure this "Money game" from the fundamentals (no fluff no filler) - get a copy of Adam's Smith's; The Wealth of Nations.
It is a dense book, however. Nonetheless, should you get through half of it; you should begin to understand.

With that I leave you with my favorite quote from Adam Smith:
The chance of gain is by every man more or less overvalued and the change of loss is by most men undervalued.

This position was re-echoed "in a manner of the way" by Aliko Dangote in an interview, where he spoke about his near collapse when going into the cement business.

Other interesting books
- The Richest Man in Babylon
- An introduction to decision theory (I assure you don't know how to make good decisions)

Lol. So you've read the Richest Man In Babylon and you're saying getting wealth is 'haphazard'. Sure, I get your point, but I guess it is a combination of everything? Stroke of lucks, planning, idea, management, strategic positioning for people that'll probably invest in you and bla bla bla. That book is the crux of why I believe wealth is not just something that hits one by accident.

As for the other book anyway, lmao. Do people really know how to make good decisions? Wo. I cannot come and kee myself. Doing right things are HARD, embarassed, and it's easier to just let things happen according to their dictates. If I can get my hand on it sha, I'll go through it. And the Adam Smith's one. Is it not a scholarly book? Seems like one, because all I know about that book is from references in class lessons. It never interested me. And I'm not that business-inclined jare. I'll prefer to do something I love to make money, rather than do what is guaranteed to bring the money. I want to know prolly the basics or just get the 'way' to making money. Like being an investing partner. Ok. You have a business idea, let me invest in this, when the profit comes, I get my share. I'd rather not go deeply into the studying and all of that. Figures do not excite me. I can understand them, but they are not interesting to me. Or I employ people who are versed in such. But I have to make the first money first. grin Anyhow. Little steps.

On Aliko, yep, I've read that much as well. I mean not particularly the interview, but experiences like that. Trying and failing, near businesses extinction, not riding the wave of a new trend or generational shift and so many other cases like that.

There's so much about that quote and your words before that talking about building a wall around a resource people want I would like to comment on but time.

Anyhow. I leave you with a blank space.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by RodgersAkpafu: 11:39am On Dec 19, 2021
bukatyne:
Money has wings.

Good questions
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by descarado: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2022
bukatyne:

Anu,

I have seen enough to know that having money is not static or money without vision is temporary.

A man with vision you can key into is key. Pun intended.

I have seen people move from earning peanuts to earning millions in a space of few years and from a lot to hustling for crumbs in a space of years.

Lady buka, hope all is well with you and yours?
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by bukatyne(f): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2022
descarado:

Lady buka, hope all is well with you and yours?

Happy new year sis, we are all good, thanks for checking up.

Work is crazy embarassed I need to retire quickly; I was made for the baby girl lifestyle.

I hope you are all good also?
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2022
i like your advice @OP, same same should apply to the men. What is good for Okeke should be good for Okafor as well!
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Nobody: 2:50am On Mar 20, 2022
Bless you for this.

Everyone is marrying because of societal belief and expectations and not because they are ready in all ramifications. Which is very very baaaaad.

I see the men are not finding this post funny but it is what it is. So, let them deal with it.

Nice one, OP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Oyo-ita Gives Parents Of Quintuplets’ House, Job / Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter / Woman Delivers Four-Year-Old Pregnancy In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.