Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,148 members, 7,829,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich (34893 Views)

Married Nigerian Ladies No Longer Take Shit From Their Husbands (Pictures) / Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / Men That Their Wives Are The Breadwinners; How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Hathor5(f): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Some people watch too much Zee World and Africa Magic.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Romangalactic(m): 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
Arsenate:
Are men supposed to start crying because some ladies with body count of over a hundred are not gonna marry them or what? Amazing how y'all overestimate yourselves. The most valuable things women can give their men is their beauty and youth. Y'all aren't even bringing those to the table anymore.
It is perplexful, I am flabbergasted. Bewilderment becomes me grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Biglittlelois(f): 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
Belafonte:

1. [s]A woman who will shut up when I ask her to, or one who knows how to talk and keep quiet when she should. You might consider that misogynistic, but it is what it is[/s].

2. A faithful woman. If I catch her cheating it will end very badly physically and mentallyfor her.

3. A good homemaker.

4. An intellectually sound woman.

5. A spiritual woman who can battle for me in the spirit and boosts my own spirit rather than dampen it.

6. A woman who will be devoted to me.

7. In lieu of points 1-6, a woman who truly loves me and understands me and daily desires to please me. Having this quality will make the above points a breeze. And in fact, I’ll be more amenable to allowing her shortcomings, especially if she is a teachable spirit.

All because you're bringing money to the table means she won't have a mind of her own? You want a "Yes sir" woman? Smh,

Spirituality is an individual race, learn to intercede for yourself, your wife can only join you, it is a mutual cooperation.

In all you typed, you only want your wife to love you because of the money you have, you never for once mentioned anything about loving her as a human that she is, and you think you wouldn't attract a money hungry lady after most of all you typed? Lol.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Hathor5(f): 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
Biglittlelois:

All because you're bringing money to the table means she won't have a mind of her own? You want a "Yes sir" woman? Smh,

Spirituality is an individual race, learn to intercede for yourself, your wife can only join you, it is a mutual cooperation.

In all you typed, you only want your wife to love you because of the money you have, you never for once mentioned anything about loving her as a human that she is, and you think you wouldn't attract a money hungry lady after most of all you typed? Lol.

So be it in his life. wink

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Biglittlelois(f): 7:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hathor5:

I love it.

I can't stand people pleasers.

Very insecure and unstable set of people who have not understood that respect is never given to those who act like puppies.

cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Alexaonfleek: 7:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
annayawchee:
big cash should be on the both side...

Since you want to marry money,

Why should a man marry your good character only?

Na there your usefulness end?
money for good character...
It's a fair exchange
If she's bringing money and character and you're bringing only money...haba bros its not fair na.

Why aren't you accepting the fact that most of the financial responsibilities should go to you?
Abi you prefer a mop?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Ybaby: 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Isn't decency part of good character?

Na big cash he talk shocked
No be you suppose to bring the cash for marriage?

What's the name of that moniker that always dashes mops,miniskirts and high heels to these kind of guys?
ybabe or ybaby
Pls be kind enough to give this guy a mop.

He will mop the street if he collects money from his woman

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by pocohantas(f): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Arsenate:
Are men supposed to start crying because some ladies with body count of over a hundred are not gonna marry them or what? Amazing how y'all overestimate yourselves. The most valuable things women can give their men is their beauty and youth. Y'all aren't even bringing those to the table anymore.

Oh pls, your brothers would even marry foreign graves when the need arises. Which youth and beauty did these women give your fellow alfa males? C’mon keep shut! grin

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Belafonte(m): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Reread my comment, possibly up to 15 times, I’m sure your comprehension isn’t faulty, you just replied impulsively.

Drink water, take deep breaths and reread. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Romangalactic(m): 7:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Nothing wrong with this. Is there anyone who is not money hungry? cheesy The idea is that by knowing exactly who she is and creating safeguards, surprises won't spring up.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by pocohantas(f): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hathor5:

I love it.

I can't stand people pleasers.

Very insecure and unstable set of people who have not understood that respect is never given to those who act like puppies.

All the packaging na for NL guys wey dey kill scorpion and gaboon viper inside their room.

grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Biglittlelois(f): 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
Romangalactic:

Nothing wrong with this. Is there anyone who is not money hungry? cheesy The idea is that by knowing exactly who she is and creating safeguards, surprises won't spring up.

You didn't read his comment well, he will only attract money hungry ladies that will pretend to be exactly what he wants in a wife, it happens all the time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by zicoraads: 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
pocohantas:

All the packaging na for NL guys wey dey kill scorpion and gaboon viper inside their room.

grin grin grin
Stop broke-shaming NL boys. undecided angry
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Hathor5(f): 7:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
pocohantas:

All these packaging na for NL guys wey dey kill scorpion and gaboon viper inside their room.

grin grin grin

This is what amuses me about it. They don't even know what kind of people they are trying to please here. cheesy

And the people they are trying to please offline will not even think twice when their selfish agenda collides with their own best interest.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Ybaby: 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
Mariangeles:

The most annoying!

Ybaby come oooo grin

Pmoye is a wise man.

What he did not say is that those lazy men will suffer eh have you seen the tactics of a bitter woman.

The man will be disgraced everywhere they go - she will remove every masculine from him and make him her sissy and he will not be able to do anything about it.

Pay the Bill's as a man !!! It is for your own good or else wo ma wooo eh wa wooo mummy eh.

Just this evening one of my staff husband came to report her that because he has not paid the rent for 12 years she is always embarrassing him - I said ah! I will talk to her.

Of cos I am not talking to her- she works hard to put a roof over his head and that of thier 3 children. She is resentful and if it is only embarrassment he is getting I think it is fair.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by pocohantas(f): 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
zicoraads:

Stop broke-shaming NL boys. undecided angry

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Hathor5(f): 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
pocohantas:

Oh pls, your brothers would even marry foreign graves when the need arises. Which youth and beauty did these women give your fellow alfa males? C’mon keep shut! grin

They will all marry top models. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by zicoraads: 7:47pm On Jun 22, 2020
pocohantas:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
You seem to be enjoying yourself... cheesy cheesy

Carry on, baby... kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Romangalactic(m): 7:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
Biglittlelois:

You didn't read his comment well, he will only attract money hungry ladies that will pretend to be exactly what he wants in a wife, it happens all the time.
This is not a problem,well to me personally it's not a problem. Which is why I have always gone for women with the best looks and biggest nyansh. She can pretend all she wants but as long as she is my perfect type physically and sexually, we gonna roll.

And God forbid money gets scarce,I won't be surprised if she leaves cos I was already expecting it. In fact, any woman staying wit me & still respecting me when I can't provide for her is wat will surprise me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Belafonte(m): 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ybaby:

Pmoye is a wise man.

What he did not say is that those lazy men will suffer eh have you seen the tactics of a bitter woman.

The man will be disgraced everywhere they go - she will remove every masculine from him and make him her sissy and he will not be able to do anything about it.

Pay the Bill's as a man !!! It is for your own good or else wo ma wooo eh wa wooo mummy eh.

Just this evening one of my staff husband came to report her that because he has not paid the rent for 12 years she is always embarrassing him - I said ah! I will talk to her.

Of cos I am not talking to her- she works hard to put a roof over his head and that of thier 3 children. She is resentful and if it is only embarrassment he is getting I think it is fair.

It is what it is. Pay the cost to be the boss

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Biglittlelois(f): 7:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
Belafonte:

Reread my comment, possibly up to 15 times, I’m sure your comprehension isn’t faulty, you just replied impulsively.

Drink water, take deep breaths and reread. Shalom

Mere understanding is far from you because you actually don't understand what you typed, if you did, there would be a counter constructive response, instead of the obvious usual gibberish expected from your ilks.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Ybaby: 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
pmoye:
This is advice is really for Nigerian ladies. Please and please do not marry a man that is not rich. Your very life will depend on it. You heard me... How long you live as a woman may well depend on how rich your husband is. This may seem like an over-generalization, but a very needful one. Quite a troubling percentage of Nigerian men can not handle a woman who is more financially buoyant.

Ideally it shouldn't matter how much each person earns, because I believe that the husband and the wife should be one financially. That the home should be planned like a company with budgets, financial planning, sound auditing and all... But from the much we have seen around the average Nigerian family is far from this ideal. We often have what increasingly looks like a union that appears more to serve a cultural/societal expectation, a union that is sustained just so that the society can think you are happily married, while between the man and the wife it is more like between US and China, between Northern and Southern Nigeria, a perpetual cold war and bitter jostling for resource allocation and control.

I have seen women who have died because the husbands couldn't afford antenatal care and used ego-motivated argument to keep the women from accessing timely medical care... And of course, few years or even months after that those wicked men would later bring in other wives into the house.

The poorer the man, the more wicked, the more angry, and the more deadly he generally is in Nigeria. Do not let any man or any woman convince you to marry for love. There is no such thing as that, just a queer surge of hormones that makes you think you are in love. If you marry a poor man for love, hunger and suffering will soon reset your thinking, and by then most women feel too culturally compelled to remain with the toxin of a husband they have. Take a cue from evolutionary development in animal kingdom generally where females select the most suitable male for mating.

Do not simply believe in a man's future plans and dreams. If he doesn't have money now, he is not ready to be a husband. No matter how much you think you love him, treat him like the case of AS genotype (yours) marrying an SS genotype (his). And this is something I respect some Igbo men for. They will never think of marrying a woman unless they are economically ready.

If he is earning N30,000, or N40,000 or N90,000 per month he is not ready to marry. These are just examples from posts I have seen around here. Do not be fooled, the amount on the payslip is not always available for taking care of the home. But that's the talk for another day.

Some of us are probably never going to get married, I personally find it very scary to read about how men because of poverty increasingly turn against their wives in marriage... I may be too traditional though, because I do not fvcking care the money the wife is bringing into the house. Her role as a mother and a wife is already supremely more than you need to compensate for as a man. If you are a man, do not get close to a man when you are still poor. It is wickedness. It is dishonesty. It is crime against humanity. Do not sell her a future hope of becoming a pastor and other popular silliness.

Marrying a lady when you cannot completely and single-handedly take care of her is gender violence. Stop it.

All I can say is thank you. Thank you very very very very much.
God bless you.

It is not over-generalisation. Thank you again.

Posterity will favour you

Thanks alot

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Biglittlelois(f): 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
Romangalactic:

This is not a problem,well to me personally it's not a problem. Which is why I have always gone for women with the best looks and biggest nyansh. She can pretend all she wants but as long as she is my perfect type physically and sexually, we gonna roll.

And God forbid money gets scarce,I won't be surprised if she leaves cos I was already expecting it. In fact, any woman staying wit me & still respecting me when I can't provide for her is wat will surprise me.

Alright.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Belafonte(m): 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Romangalactic:

And God forbid money gets scarce,I won't be surprised if she leaves cos I was already expecting it. In fact, any woman staying wit me & still respecting me when I can't provide for her is wat can surprise me.

It’s reverse psychology. No respect without money, they say, from the same lips they say basing your respect on money will attract money hungry wenches. The cognitive dissonance is huge in her

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Ybaby: 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
pmoye:
You're not wrong actually. Our society should probably start normalizing both men and women remaining single. And this should have nothing to do with religion or being a nun.

Broke-ass woman?? I disagree on that. The humongous amount of ego our men carry into marriage relationship disqualifies them from insisting on the women bringing in equal amount of money. Any woman who does that should be given a merit award by the husband. If you can forsake your ego as a man, and your native sense of entitlement to implicit respect from your wife, then you can reasonably expect your wife to bring money in.

What makes you the head in the marriage is not because you have a dick and ego problem, it is because you do indeed cater for your entire house. We shouldn't make mistake about that. Enough of all the weak and incompetent men we have around who continue to find the slightest excuse to ask their wives to bring in money.

If you are not capable as a man, regardless of your age, simply stay away from marriage. In the alternative, you can have girlfriend who is also not interested in marriage. Until you are fit, don't irresponsibly marry and don't get any woman pregnant.

A1

THANKS ALOT

So grateful.

Ladies the poor men will come on this thread and do their best to fight and convince you and if you listen to them.

You just mortgaged your kids future bu yourself.

Avoid poor men... you are better of being bitten by mosquitoes than to have a poor man's child.

Avoid them at all cost. Be intentional about avoiding them dusties.

Once a dusty is trying to approach - act like you forgot something and run for dear life because your life is at stake if you entertain dusties opening thier mouth.

They are very persuasive and desperate so the trick is to flee with all your might.

If you are wearing high heels - remove it and flee (they hardly approach expensive looking women so if you are wearing high heels they will likely not approach you) but if they do.... donot let them talk - just run!!

Your future depends on your legs ability to run.

Run!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Ybaby: 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
pocohantas:

grin grin grin

grin grin grin

Do you think you can make heaven like this?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Romangalactic(m): 8:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
Belafonte:

It’s reverse psychology. No respect without money, they say, from the same lips they say basing your respect on money will attract money hungry wenches. The cognitive dissonance is huge in her
They don't just like to admit dat their choice of a man depends heavily on his financial standing because it makes dem seem superficial. But thank God for life,I have seen too much. Only innocent teenage girls fall in love simply on the idea of love, that genuine butterfly feeling is still very real at dat age.

Money hungry wenches are perfect for me, but they must fit my physical requirements 100%.no compromises, everyone is winning

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Belafonte(m): 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
Romangalactic:

They don't just like to admit dat their choice of a man depends heavily on his financial standing because it makes dem seem superficial. But thank God for life,I have seen too much. Only innocent teenage girls fall in love simply on the idea of love, that genuine butterfly feeling is still very real at dat age.

Money hungry wenches are perfect for me, but they must fit my physical requirements 100%.no compromises, everyone is winning

Oh, they don’t mind admitting money is a huge incentive. Where they have issues is where you acknowledge their game and counter play. Al of a sudden, you want a puppet and will only attract money hungry wenches. But nobody complained when they wanted walking ATMs. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Ybaby: 8:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
Belafonte:

1. A woman who will shut up when I ask her to, or one who knows how to talk and keep quiet when she should. You might consider that misogynistic, but it is what it is.

2. A faithful woman. If I catch her cheating it will end very badly physically and mentally for her.

3. A good homemaker.

4. An intellectually sound woman.

5. A spiritual woman who can battle for me in the spirit and boosts my own spirit rather than dampen it.

6. A woman who will be devoted to me.

7. In lieu of points 1-6, a woman who truly loves me and understands me and daily desires to please me. Having this quality will make the above points a breeze. And in fact, I’ll be more amenable to allowing her shortcomings, especially if she is a teachable spirit.

God allows women to talk talkless of you a mere mortal.... do you know why we have alot of landladies?

If you dont want your wife to be landlady of house you built .... while you commute to heaven prematurely you better give yourself brain

Woman!

She is like water till she will drown you - you will not see her coming.

She is like the ocean enticing looks like you can walk all over her but she is so deep you will find yourself at the bottom of the sea bed

Woman!!!

Respect and fear her.

I notice you said physically so you are a wife beater.... I hope your meet your match.

Those men who had job doing well then started mistreating thier wives .... go and ask them how ot turned.

Your best bet is to have your woman in your corner but ti o ba lo crazy la San you will soon know delilah was a soldier in mini skirt what might men could not do - she finish work.

Donot die prematurely biko

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by pocohantas(f): 8:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ybaby:

grin grin grin

Do you think you can make heaven like this?

No jokes sis.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich by Romangalactic(m): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Belafonte:

Oh, they don’t mind admitting money is a huge incentive. Where they have issues is where you acknowledge their game and counter play. Al of a sudden, you want a puppet and will only attract money hungry wenches. But nobody complained when they wanted walking ATMs. grin
Exactly. Just don't call dem golddiggers even when they know they are golddiggers. Same way we should not call a woman skinny or fat or ugly, even when she knows for real she's skinny or fat or ugly.

It's a woman thing

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Mother Who Had Accident, Broken Leg, Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Scene / HIKMA ATANDA: Missing Daughter / I Find Violent And Authoritative Women Very Attractive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.