Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,346 members, 7,829,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week (58168 Views)

Governors Violating Interstate Travel Ban / COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses / INEC Decides On Bauchi, Kano, Rivers, Sokoto, Others Today: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by alabi484(m): 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
fatdick:
Rubbish question. The military and paramilitary organisations are agencies of? They are controlled by? Answer those questions and see the gibberish in what you posted.

Don't even try to be intentionaly illogical and ignorant....because they are controlled by the government means that the government asked them to collect bribes at various entry points?

I know not less than 7 people who have traveled inter state during this lockdown and the stories are same, you can't blame one person for the actions or inactions of another... That's dumb!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by alabi484(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
yesloaded:

Use your tongue to count your teeth sir

Lol... I didn't expect anything asides folly after seeing your first comment.

Stay safe!

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by ohem007(m): 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
oga open road o...
I use God name take beg you

we know the interstate travel ban ain't effective but no be everybody get 25k to pay for trip that was suppose to be 7k

that one aside sef you go still pay securities for road
every checkpoint 500

then add am to the 25k you don pay for the transport company

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by eleojo23: 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2020
afomatt:
Nothing like interstate ban, am on my way to osogbo from Port Harcourt
grin

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by fatdick(m): 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2020
alabi484:

Don't even try to be intentionaly illogical and ignorant....because they are controlled by the government means that the government asked them to collect bribes at various entry points?

I know not less than 7 people who have traveled inter state during this lockdown and the stories are same, you can't blame one person for the actions or inactions of another... That's dumb!
The joke is on you. Can the top echelon in government really pretend that they are not aware of what is happening on our roads, airports and borders? What is the job of an employer, if not to instill discipline where employees are found wanting?
Oh I forgot, we are in a special entity called Nigeria where ineffective and corrupt service chiefs are left in office despite several calls for their sack due to their repetitive failure, where the head of the apex anti corruption agency is a renowned criminal and continues to hold office despite widespread allegations of high handedness, bribery and corruption including a damning report by the DSS, where the President's family and relatives are bigger than the law and therefore can travel at will even when not on essential duty.

Most importantly, I forgot that most Nigerians are complacent and docile. Sadly, you belong to that majority. I shouldnt even be having this conversation with you. Keep deceiving yourselves that your government should not be held responsible. Responsible governments across the world know that any failure or report of massive indiscipline from any of its agencies or arm calls for urgent disciplinary action even it will cost the head of that agency his/her job.

3 Likes

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Reference(m): 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
Let each State decide whether it is prepared to open up. Any State that decides to relax travel should be prepared for a surge in cases particularly hub States for commerce, transport and industry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by yesloaded: 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
alabi484:

Lol... I didn't expect anything asides folly after seeing your first comment.

Stay safe!
That shows your level of reasoning boss

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by mariatt(f): 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
At last!

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by oruma19: 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
Fools

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Lekozy(m): 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
We have over 2millions suscribers here and I believe we are learning something already 2023 is coming let's vote wisely our thinking should be outside pdp and apc now ...

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by kenigwe18: 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
I'm not sure about this but I'm hearing a rumour there's going to be full lockdown for 3weeks. How true is this?

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by sencekompis: 9:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
FOLLOW FOLLOW AFRICANS

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Lugianostar(m): 11:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
Buhari is a joker of all time.

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by helpfindbolu: 12:14am On Jun 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Acme45: 1:44am On Jun 24, 2020
Lekozy:
We have over 2millions suscribers here and I believe we are learning something already 2023 is coming let's vote wisely our thinking should be outside pdp and apc now ...
That is if your votes counts

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by megama: 6:04am On Jun 24, 2020
yankeenowo:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/fg-decides-on-interstate-travel-ban-others-next-week/%3famp=1
for the first time I want sound rough and tough. The inter state travel ban. Is totally rubbish and nonsense. In fact a farse. Because it never happened

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by alabi484(m): 8:02am On Jun 24, 2020
fatdick:
The joke is on you. Can the top echelon in government really pretend that they are not aware of what is happening on our roads, airports and borders? What is the job of an employer, if not to instill discipline where employees are found wanting?
Oh I forgot, we are in a special entity called Nigeria where ineffective and corrupt service chiefs are left in office despite several calls for their sack due to their repetitive failure, where the head of the apex anti corruption agency is a renowned criminal and continues to hold office despite widespread allegations of high handedness, bribery and corruption including a damning report by the DSS, where the President's family and relatives are bigger than the law and therefore can travel at will even when not on essential duty.

Most importantly, I forgot that most Nigerians are complacent and docile. Sadly, you belong to that majority. I shouldnt even be having this conversation with you. Keep deceiving yourselves that your government should not be held responsible. Responsible governments across the world know that any failure or report of massive indiscipline from any of its agencies or arm calls for urgent disciplinary action even it will cost the head of that agency his/her job.

The average Nigerian is terribly corrupt and buyable, sadly so!

It is set of individuals that become and make up different parastatals and agencies across the nation and I don't think that joining a government agency will take out those characteristics but rather amplify them.

Now, it is the business of the family and society to produce sensible individuals who don't erode basic values....(that is the root).

I agree however, that serious and responsible government will instill discipline in and on their respective parastatals and the the persons who make them up.

You made a valid point and didn't necessarily need to toe the part of subtle insults.

2 Likes

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by fatdick(m): 10:18am On Jun 24, 2020
alabi484:

The average Nigerian is terribly corrupt and buyable, sadly so!

It is set of individuals that become and make up different parastatals and agencies across the nation and I don't think that joining a government agency will take out those characteristics but rather amplify them.

Now, it is the business of the family and society to produce sensible individuals who don't erode basic values....(that is the root).

I agree however, that serious and responsible government will instill discipline in and on their respective parastatals and the the persons who make them up.

You made a valid point and didn't necessarily need to toe the part of subtle insults.
Sorry for the 'subtle insult' bro. I'm just vexed at the entire system.

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by alabi484(m): 12:37pm On Jun 24, 2020
fatdick:
Sorry for the 'subtle insult' bro. I'm just vexed at the entire system.
No problem, we can only try our best to be sane, do our part and hope for a better country with a slim glimmer of hope.

3 Likes

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
alabi484:

No problem, we can only try our best to be sane, do our part and hope for a better country with a slim glimmer of hope.

You made a very intelligent argument. Although, it wasn't ideal and what many would want to hear but it's unfortunately the situation. Nigeria hasn't grown enough to use technology to checkmate the excesses of our police and the entire security architecture.

You cannot checkmate an average police officer on the street. Orders are given to them often and they were given enough to make good security officers in their colleges but not so much can be done to force implementation.

Imagine a federal police officer in far away Zamfara messing the lives of fellow Nigerians, the government can barely identify him because there is often no record. If eventually he's recorded and goes viral, he's dismissed but that doesn't stop another cop in Ogun State from misbehaving.

They are humans and not machines. If they are all dismissed and replaced with new set of people, we'll still experience the same thing.

The police are from among us and so are our leaders.

The budget of New York Police Department is more than the entire budget of Nigeria plus many other African countries put together. Expecting the same level of training and professionalism is simply asking for too much.

5 Likes

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by alabi484(m): 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

You made a very intelligent argument. Although, it wasn't ideal and what many would want to hear but it's unfortunately the situation. Nigeria hasn't grown enough to use technology to checkmate the excesses of our police and the entire security architecture.

You cannot checkmate an average police officer on the street. Orders are given to them often and they were given enough to make good security officers in their colleges but not so much can be done to force implementation.

Imagine a federal police officer in far away Zamfara messing the lives of fellow Nigerians, the government can barely identify him because there is often no record. If eventually he's recorded and goes viral, he's dismissed but that doesn't stop another cop in Ogun State from misbehaving.

They are humans and not machines. If they are all dismissed and replaced with new set of people, we'll still experience the same thing.

The police are from among us and so are our leaders.

The budget of New York Police Department is more than the entire budget of Nigeria plus many other African countries put together. Expecting the same level of training and professionalism is simply asking for too much.

You're so in my mind... Only God can help us... Unfortunately if we're not ready, there's little he can do

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by pcverses: 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
very great news
i appreataite
https://pcverses.com

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Lekozy(m): 10:39am On Jul 04, 2020
Acme45:
That is if your votes counts
yes true but let's still vote first then we will know if it counts or now...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character / DJ Switch Speaks To Canadian Parliament Over Lekki Shootings (Video) / Buhari: Southern Governors' Ban On Open Grazing Political, Unconstitutional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.